Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 15, 2017 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, there are dragons in this series. Should of expected that from a fantasy isekai theme show I guess.

That Kohaku tiger shouldn't be underestimated though for his personality. Seems he can be quite fierce when the time is right. Meanwhile, Touya's so damn dense
Stark700Aug 15, 2017 6:42 AM
Aug 15, 2017 6:35 AM
Jul 2017
Lol, I thought of Acnologia for a second there.
Yumina is still Best Girl
Aaand Yes! Their very own home... A lot is gonna happen in there if you know what I mean...
It's just a matter of time before he establishes an official Harem...

Hmm... The Anime is fine so far. I'm really loving it! (Mostly because of Yumina)
I can still say that the Novel was better since this is too fast paced, but I'm really enjoying the events. It's just so fun to watch.
Aug 15, 2017 6:39 AM

Oct 2016
Izaya-Hirashi said:

since this is too fast paced

Getting nowhere at a breakneck speed of 5 miles per hour.
Aug 15, 2017 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
There are dragon and Touya defeated one. Is there anything he can't do? I knew Kohaku was strong but he must be really powerful considering how the red dragon reacted to his presence.

That is a big mansion the king gave to Touya and all the girls will be living with him. But his dense when it comes to the girls. That gate ability so really useful.

Aug 15, 2017 7:07 AM

May 2017
I'm starting to think that this'll be an epic anime with a very op mc
81982062_p0
Aug 15, 2017 7:10 AM

Oct 2013
I couldn't care less how strong and amazing Touya is, in fact I rather enjoy a powertrip show like this once in a while, but like this show is made so fucking boring because with every spell at his fingertips he uses like four fkn spells and a cheap katana

Was it really necessary to make an ice wall, modify it into a magnifying glass, shoot your same attack spell into it, and modify the glass again just to burn the dragon? I'm sure as hell there's a spell out there that would do the exact same thing in one step

Writers are just lazy I guess
Aug 15, 2017 7:17 AM
Jul 2017
any13th said:
Izaya-Hirashi said:

since this is too fast paced

Getting nowhere at a breakneck speed of 5 miles per hour.

Ehehe... you're right. But I would've wanted to see the scenes that weren't included like the shop where they bought the coat and gauntlet.
Aug 15, 2017 7:18 AM

Oct 2010
This is the second time I've had a dream about watching this show on the night before it simulcasts. It was boring in the dream, but the actual episode was a good time.

I am starting to wish the MC were even more cartoonishly OP than he is, because that would be even funnier. But despite that the battle was actually fun, something I didn't expect from this show - a nice added bonus.

Rice said:
Was it really necessary to make an ice wall, modify it into a magnifying glass, shoot your same attack spell into it, and modify the glass again just to burn the dragon? I'm sure as hell there's a spell out there that would do the exact same thing in one step

Writers are just lazy I guess

You're absolutely right about the writing being lazy, but writing "He says kamehameha and the dragon instantly explodes" technically takes less work to write than whatever that was that actually happened :)
nDroaeAug 15, 2017 7:21 AM
Aug 15, 2017 7:24 AM

Sep 2015
Leo_10 said:
There are dragon and Touya defeated one. Is there anything he can't do? I knew Kohaku was strong but he must be really powerful considering how the red dragon reacted to his presence.

That is a big mansion the king gave to Touya and all the girls will be living with him. But his dense when it comes to the girls. That gate ability so really useful.

I am not surprise if he got a change to make a kingdom/country itself later

2 king support him even give their daughter as his future wife + Kohaku tamed 100%
Into the Internet!
Aug 15, 2017 8:00 AM

Jun 2015
Touya has a big mansion given by the king and the girls will be living with him. He was dense in this episode. He paralyzed 28 bandits with just his phone. So there are dragons in this world too. They were able to defeat a dragon that was on a rampage. The red dragon knows Kohaku.
Aug 15, 2017 8:15 AM

Oct 2010
Red Dragon shows up and is like Yeah, that makes sense

ZBlastHistory said:
I am not surprise if he got a change to make a kingdom/country itself later

It's doable, MC of https://myanimelist.net/anime/856/Utawarerumono became a monarch without even being OP.

Aug 15, 2017 8:42 AM
Jun 2016
This ep Kohaku safe
Aug 15, 2017 8:53 AM

Jan 2015
A Mansion and "Few" Harem that maybe better wear Maid Uniform just like those two real Maids when they're in that Mansion. That's right Touya, no need to pick just one if you can "have" them all instead. :3
Oh well, he can thin about it later now that he's got another mission to do and it's not easy as some mission before.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 15, 2017 9:04 AM

Aug 2010
I just find it hilarious how OP Touya with his friggin phone and slips xD
Aug 15, 2017 9:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Suddenly I ship the older sister and that one night dude lol....But other than that, it was pretty amusing to see the girls clown on Touya xD
Aug 15, 2017 10:46 AM

Jan 2008
I am completely dumbfounded at why the fuck they even bothered with having him notice the knight guy was into the girl when he isn't even aware of the girls around him. Contradicts his character and just makes me facepalm.

Also smartphone is broken op and needs nerf. I'm surprised he doesn't have some repair spell and just repair the entire town by selecting it on his phone or someshit.
Aug 15, 2017 11:22 AM

Apr 2011
That's a nice big mansion he got there. Complete with servants as well. A very nice reward. He thinks it too big, but his harem will grew later on. It fits him.

Its funny how Touya realizes the knight likes the girl, but doesn't realize feelings of the girls around him. That scene points how freaking dense he is. That Dragon messed with the wrong crew. But his spell using a large ice wall doesn't make sense.

It was a nice lighthearted episode. I feel really comfortable watching this series. Its nice to see Susie again, even her dad is offering him to marry her. Doesn't seem to mind
him marrying two princesses. Just really shows the people there accept harems. Come on, Touya. Accept it already.

Some LN readers commented they skipped a lot of scenes and that's understandable since the anime staff operate with a lot of restrictions. So I'd like to ask LN readers what scenes they skipped in this episode. I'll be looking for a translated version of the LN in the meantime.
MagitoAug 15, 2017 11:25 AM
Aug 15, 2017 11:40 AM

Oct 2012
Even though it had dragons this one seemed a bit boring. Was cool to see Touya use his mobile phone, in a new way, with his paralyze magic.

Aug 15, 2017 11:41 AM

Jun 2014
Holy crap this episode pretty much drives home the point about how OP Touya is, the Slip spell can even take down a fucking dragon.

And wow, Touya really is dense. Couldn't figure out anything the girls were saying or implying throughout the episode, yet he was somehow perceptive enough to notice that the knight has a crush on Olga. However, Touya is a good wingman with how he helped out the knight lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 15, 2017 12:08 PM
Jun 2016
Anyone else disapointed there was no dragon added to his harem? :> Maybe down the road.

hehe the main char is about as dense with girls as I am :>
Aug 15, 2017 12:10 PM

Feb 2007
Happy harem acquired and he doesn't even notice.
Aug 15, 2017 1:07 PM

Dec 2014
I love how he picks up the hints of others but is oblivious to his own harem. Or maybe he's feigning ignorance?

But to paralyze 28 people with his phone? There's no stop to his OPness Slip still OP
Aug 15, 2017 1:10 PM

Nov 2016
MC-kun even got the Dragonslayer upgrade.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 15, 2017 1:45 PM

Dec 2014
It's like you want to route for the male protagonist.... but he is just to perfect....
Aug 15, 2017 1:57 PM

Sep 2013
Everyone will live in touya's new house and going to another country to gate everyone there faster, a young black dragon attacks but they kill it.
Future dragon problems ahead.
Aug 15, 2017 2:05 PM

May 2015
Going to live with the girls. Building a harem is going faster than expected.

Aug 15, 2017 3:28 PM

Jun 2017
Touya, you dumbass. How could you not figure that out? Secondly, slip OP. How many wives does he have now? 1..2..3... Lost count at three and can't remember any of their names. That's nice.
Aug 15, 2017 3:42 PM

Jan 2015
Ram Rem anyone? :P
Aug 15, 2017 5:19 PM

Dec 2016
What a lucky guy, gets a nice big house like that for him and all the girls lol.

Makes things a lot easier when you can just paralyze all your enemies they way he did.

I thought was nice how they helped out Lyon & Olga like that.

Oh wow, they absolutely destroyed that Dragon.
Aug 15, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2016
Paul said:
I am completely dumbfounded at why the fuck they even bothered with having him notice the knight guy was into the girl when he isn't even aware of the girls around him. Contradicts his character and just makes me facepalm.

Also smartphone is broken op and needs nerf. I'm surprised he doesn't have some repair spell and just repair the entire town by selecting it on his phone or someshit.

Don't hold your breath, they haven't actually left the town yet, so there's still time for some OP MC stupidity on that front.

The smartphone being used to defeat dozens of bandits in one go was indeed OP. Though I suppose it fits with this show's theme of introducing a conflict and then immediately resolving with no effort. Touya's basically a god at this point, nothing will ever be a problem for him which is unbelievably boring.
Aug 15, 2017 6:49 PM

Jan 2016
Paul said:

You already said what I wanna say man XD

But finally we have some a 'intense' fight in this anime~

Aug 15, 2017 6:53 PM

Jul 2010
hmmm... mc's personality seems a bit one directional, probably will drop this
Aug 15, 2017 7:13 PM

Feb 2011
Jacob_Chimera said:
Paul said:
... smartphone is broken op and needs nerf. I'm surprised he doesn't have some repair spell and just repair the entire town by selecting it on his phone...
Don't hold your breath, they haven't actually left the town yet, so there's still time for some OP MC stupidity on that front.

The smartphone being used to defeat dozens of bandits in one go was indeed OP. Though I suppose it fits with this show's theme of introducing a conflict and then immediately resolving with no effort ... nothing will ever be a problem for him which is unbelievably boring.
Firstly, he does have "some repair spell [to] just repair the entire town by selecting it on his phone." It's the Modeling spell he so often uses for entertainment. However, like the Gate spell, he'd need to remember every inch of the town unless he planned to make home improvements. Let's not forget how much mana it would consume.

Secondly, he just did encounter "a problem" when he broke his katana and fell, which he happened to get saved from. We're lucky our MC hasn't decided to find a way to fly yet, so you can't say all of it is boring. It's always entertaining to watch how dense a stereotypical MC can be. I mean, how are you suppose to react to multiple girls coming onto you when you've led yourself to believe you'll never be more than friends or choosing one would ruin your relationship with the others.

On another note, anyone else reading A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Log? Dragon development had the same vibe. Sorry for spoiling if you end up reading in the near future.
ReloadAug 16, 2017 12:47 AM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Aug 15, 2017 8:04 PM

Apr 2017
I like it when they give a bit flashback for some events, cause we might forgot what happened before.
Touya is too OP although i don't really mind, i came here expecting that LOL

Anyone noticed that I'm 17 from olga in one of the breaks? Followed by "oi,oi" hehe

Funny how they settled lap pillow by rock paper scissors
Life isn't as fun and easy as anime.
Watch anime to bring that fun!!
Aug 15, 2017 8:07 PM

Nov 2016
Reload said:
Jacob_Chimera said:

The smartphone being used to defeat dozens of bandits in one go was indeed OP. Though I suppose it fits with this show's theme of introducing a conflict and then immediately resolving with no effort ... nothing will ever be a problem for him which is unbelievably boring.
Firstly, he does have "some repair spell [to] just repair the entire town by selecting it on his phone." It's the Modeling spell he so often uses for entertainment. However, like the Gate spell, he'd need to remember every inch of the town unless he planned to make home improvements. Let's not forget how much mana it would consume.

Secondly, he just did encounter "a problem" when he broke his katana and fell, which he happened to get saved from. We're lucky our MC hasn't decided to find a way to fly yet, so you can't say all of it is boring. It's always entertaining to watch how dense a stereotypical MC can be. I mean, how are you suppose to react to multiple girls coming onto you when you've led yourself to believe you'll never be more than friends or choosing one would ruin your relationship with the others.

On another note, anyone else reading A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Log? Dragon development had the same vibe. Sorry for spoiling if you end up reading in the near future.

Unless this is the first harem anime you've ever seen, it's not fun to watch the MC be dense to the point of frustration, it's cliche and tiresome. Besides, it's not like there's any kind of conflict arising from multiple girls being interested in Touya. It's already been established that this world allows multiple marriage partners and they're all fine with sharing him (which is stupid in and of itself).

I suppose the dragon fight was a bit more challenging for the MC than most of the fights in the show so far, but it was still pretty short and relatively bland by the standard of most actions sequences. Though to be fair, I guess this isn't really an action oriented series.

On your other note, I have not been reading "A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Log", though I looked it up and it seems like it might be interesting. It's a novel take on the standard Online RPG genre. Is there a legit translation somewhere? Can I get it without being a pirate, or do I have to be a pirate?
Aug 15, 2017 9:34 PM

Feb 2011
@Jacob_Chimera: I wouldn't call this your everyday harem, as this isn't my first time seeing one. I've had my fair share of disappointments as well. In some cases, it didn't even feel like one. Here, it's obvious since none appose marriage; however, the MC's excuse this time around is age. Also, it is possible to capture the hearts of multiple girls. Some people do it intentionally, but others just have a natural charm. It's unfortunate we don't get to see if he had any charm in his previous life.

In school, students are expected to date before marriage. In a fantasy world, marriage is the first thing that comes to mind. However, it's wise to hold off the responsibilities that come with it, and to a princess no less. Let's not forget polygamy and underage marriage aren't things the MC can just accept. If you’re from a world where it's frowned upon, it would be hard to change your line of thinking. The clichés are only natural. A MC that accepts a harem when it’s put in front of him is just your everyday player. It would still be cliché even if he returned their feelings. You'd either get drama or a whole lot of cringe worthy flirting. We all know such a development would make the MC seem stuck up, as he rubs it in everyone's face. Would you really prefer that over dense behavior?

As for A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Log, pirating is all I know. Well, I can never tell since the ads seem to be what sponsors it. You'll have to find out if it has a translated release yourself.
ReloadAug 15, 2017 11:47 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Aug 15, 2017 10:09 PM

Nov 2016
@Reload: Thanks for the tip on "A Certain Middle-Aged Man's VRMMO Activity Log", I'll search around for it and see what I can find... now back to the debate!

You're right that in reality (and by extension stories) there are many individuals who attract the romantic interest of multiple people; however, what I take issue with in this show is that the MC is bland, lacking any personality traits outside of just being a nice dude. While being nice is important in relationships, this single trait alone is not enough to excuse a literal harem of women clinging to our protagonist.

Now it's obvious that Touya is generic in personality and design because this show is about wish fulfillment for the audience. This is a fundamental problem I have with the harem genre in general, but I feel like this show is a prime example of that problem. Harem anime are about wish fulfillment for the audience rather than actually telling a good story. Consider this: in most stories (anime or otherwise) the primary focus is on character development, plot progression, or conflict resolution, but this is not the case in a harem. In a harem anime, the harem is the primary focus and takes precedent over everything else. Characters will regress, the plot will never progress, and conflicts will be lazily resolved or outright ignored in order to retain the structure of the harem. By the same measure, no conflict arises from the harem. The protagonist will never settle on a single girl/boy or have their relation with any of them progress because as soon as that happens it is no longer a harem anime, and as we have established, maintaining the structure of the harem is the most important thing. I find this incredibly boring. What could be an interesting story devolves into repetitious fan-service and tiresome cliches.

You do make a fair argument that it would be equally cliche if he did accept all of them; however I have a counter argument. It is true that Touya is too dense and/or has a cultural barrier preventing him from accepting his harem, but in reality he doesn't have to. All the girls have already agreed to share Touya. This means the story is even more boring because there is no drama involving the girls fighting for his affection. The story is a monotonous crawl of fan-service, the girls fawning over Touya, every other character then fawning over Touya, and then more money, power, and girls falling into his lap ever episode. I find it boring at best and aggravating at worst, it's just bad story telling. Touya is a textbook Gary Stu, and not simply in the sense that he is OP and always gets what he wants. Rather, Touya is a Gary Stu because he's the center of the story's world for no reason (outside of being a proxy for the viewers to imprint themselves upon), not because he worked hard, has great challenges he must overcome, or because he is the most relatable.

Yeesh, that's a long forum post. I may have gone on a bit long...
Aug 15, 2017 10:40 PM

Oct 2008
That black dragon was the most challenging fight that Touya & Co. has ever had as of yet.
4/5.

Aug 15, 2017 11:33 PM

Feb 2011
@Jacob_Chimera: One contradiction I’ll have to correct you on even though you correct yourself later. It’s not just the “being a nice dude” trait that attracts all the ladies. Sometimes talent (MC being OP) is all one needs to attract others, even if he didn’t put in work for it. I wouldn’t necessarily call the girls clingy. It only takes one forward character to push the rivals into being more forward. They all know they don’t have to be, but competitiveness comes when one feels they’ve lost the upper hand. The MC already treats them equally but there’s always that one character that wants more, causing the others to seek the same attention.

I’m surprised you would watch harem if you disprove of their nature. How I see it, they shows possibilities without promoting the most uncommon one. Viewers themselves root for specific characters rather than all of them. The entertainment often comes from seeing one rival gain the upper hand over the others. The so call “best girl” as they put it. Harems make up for their lack of development by have diverse personalities interact with each other. Also, not all harem anime take the same approach. If you need examples, I’ll name a few: Shuffle!, Mashiroiro Symphony, TWGOK, School Days, and The Fruit of Grisaia. Though a MC settling on a single character is rare in harems, it does happen within the genre. Fan-service isn’t what I watch anime for as well, but I try to be more understanding of clichés since we didn’t always see them as clichés. Maybe you'll enjoy my examples more, seeing as they are less cliché.

I agree that the MC is your classic Gary Stu, but I find it entertaining that he himself is aware of it. He has had God’s Blessing since the beginning of the story. Anyone would find it suspicious that you can do things the average person can’t. He should be hiding it, but he chooses to help others without keeping it a secret. As for the girls, seeing them fight over the MC would be your average school setting harem. You mustn’t forget that this is a fantasy world were polygamy is accepted. Its lack of drama is understandable, but I wouldn’t say it’s completely void of drama. Just this episode, they played rock-paper-scissors to be Touya’s lap pillow. Who says they need his affection if being with him is enough? And who says they won’t ask for more later? Yumina has been insisting on it constantly.

Hope I've matched you in length…
ReloadAug 16, 2017 12:24 AM
Aug 15, 2017 11:59 PM

Sep 2013
And once again, everything went just as planned without a single problem.
Aug 16, 2017 12:48 AM

Nov 2016
@Reload: Quite the long post, truly you are a worthy opponent.

I will admit it's a bit weird that I'm watching a show I so obviously don't like, but I have my reasons. I'm something of a critic, which is pretentious way of saying I enjoy complaining with fancy language. I watch and read shows, movies, manga, anime, and books I both like and dislike in order to develop a better understanding of story telling conventions in all forms of media. One of the things I love about consuming media from other countries is that exposure to a format your unfamiliar with helps you understand your own culture and the writing conventions that exist there. I've grown quite familiar with anime at this point, which is part of the reason I feel comfortable critiquing it the way I do.

Your comments are fair. Harem, while usually bereft of an interesting protagonist (though let's be honest, tons of non-harem stories have poorly written MCs), a harem anime can present a colorful array of female (or male, depending on the type of harem) characters with unique stories and motivations. "When Supernatural Battle Became Commonplace" is technically a harem. I found the character's stories and comedy elements of the show well done. Indeed, there's nothing wrong with a writer using tropes and cliches, so long as their writing, story, and character development can back it up. However, in my opinion "In Another World with my Smartphone" is not something that can be justified. The girls, while somewhat interesting, don't seem to have much depth to them. Very little of their history or character has been explored, and it seems they are too often relocated to being helpless so that Touya can save them. They feel like they have a distinctive lack of personality about them.

I will be honest, aside from the few exceptions, I really don't like harem as a rule. Perhaps I need to try and move past this though, as it clouds my vision as a critic. While I truly believe that there are some fundamental problems with the harem genre, I will try to watch it with a more objective eye, enjoy the character moments alongside the more cringey moments. I think that is the best course of action.
Aug 16, 2017 1:20 AM

Feb 2011
@Jacob_Chimera: I agree this isn't the best harem anime out there since I know I've seen better. Just didn't want anyone one hating on it for the wrong reasons. It obviously has its flaws as an adaptation alone. I can't say reading the source material will make it any better. However, I wouldn't write off all harem anime. There are those with the development and drama you seek. I listed a few among my examples.

You are free to send a friend request at me if you want more recommendations. My anime list has been organized for convenience, but this conversation has made me decide to take it up a notch. This anime in particular was iffy for me from the beginning given the description. It was hard to image what could actually be done with a smartphone in another world. If a deity is backing it up, it seems anything can be done, giving us our OP MC. Enough said.
Aug 16, 2017 3:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015

Interesting episode
Touya and the gang was given a pretty nice mansion as a gift though. Comes from being the future prince i guess. Well Touya was always going to live with all of the girls anyway since he's not the type that will pick one girl after all. Touya is completely oblivious to both his words and the feelings that the girls have for him eh. Yumina is pretty understanding for someone her age actually and is pretty considerate of the others feelings. Kohaku's quip at Touya's lack of authority though lol. Touya really gets a lot of marriage proposals doesn't he lol. Hmm so their next mission is escorting Origa and Yumina to Misamede eh. It will be nice to see the romance between Lyon and Olga that was detailed pretty well in the books here in the anime. Wow Yae is surprisingly bad at remembering things. Actually she's bad at all games lol. Touya's enhanced smartphone combined with his magic really is powerful. These bandits really had no chance in defending against guided magic spells lol. The girls really are allied in their frustration at how dense Touya is lol. Touya is nice in giving Lyon a little help in his attempt to woo Olga though. Lol how Yumina is subtly pressuring Touya with her words there. The gate ability really is handy for baths thats for sure.

Man the damage to the village looks pretty bad. Still its admirable that Touya is willing to defend the village even though he has no obligation too. Hmm watching Kohaku get angry for Touya's sake was nice. The multiple spell really is powerful though. Despite how fierce the dragon is its nice that the girls are still doing their best to defeat it. Hmm Touya is a pretty good tactician actually. Hmm using a mirror to focus his many light lances into one stronger beam eh. Now that fight was pretty interesting. But still Touya is impressive in that not even a dragon can faze him and break his composure. With everyone's help its nice that search and rescue is able to proceed so quickly though. Not surprising that Yumina's lap pillow will make the other girls jealous lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2017 3:15 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, what a hardcore fight! I was having chills down my spine lol

At this point, it feels like he's pretending not to notice the mood of girls around him lmao

Hirugiku said:
Ram Rem anyone? :P

Lmao
Aug 16, 2017 4:06 AM

Jul 2016
And the MC gets a mansion for...being the MC. I can't help but think this is an obvious copy of Konosuba and its characters living in a mansion but I can feel that unlike Konosuba, the characters living in this mansion will have no impact on the story at all and is just there to increase the fantasy wishes of the viewers.

Having effectively two 12 year old girls talk about competing in marriage for our MC is disconcerting to say the least.

I have a feeling that the citizens of Kingdom of Mismede being demi-human is going to be completely unnecessary. There doesn't seem to be any add-on in terms of world building or showing the different cultures and habits of the people. This just makes the alread terrible world building even worse.

The "fight" with the "dragon" was terrible. The action was poorly directed and the way they take the dragon down is laughable. The lighting is unimaginative, the cuts are awkward and the shot composition of the scenes when the "spells" are cast are cluttered and lazily thrown together to make some sort of "action" scene. And the dragon doesn't breathe fire, it spits red cloth. And, as always, there is no dramatic stakes at all thanks to the MC being a literal God (paralyze hax, anyone?). The town being on fire hardly matters since I doubt we'll stick around next episode.

The smartphone, again, shows it has no rules. Its the biggest plot convenience I've seen in a while and I get that that's supposed to be the point but it doesn't add anything to the show. It just takes away another aspect of what the world is like.
Aug 16, 2017 8:44 AM

Sep 2010
That fight was really unnecessary, he should have installed "dragon slayer" app.

Paul said:
I'm surprised he doesn't have some repair spell and just repair the entire town by selecting it on his phone or someshit.

I am also disappointed that this didn't happen.
Aug 16, 2017 10:02 AM

Feb 2011
Ookami-des said:
Paul said:
I'm surprised he doesn't have some repair spell and just repair the entire town by selecting it on his phone...
Of course, no one considers how much mana that would require. I know the smartphone makes everything look easy, but you have to remember that magic always requires a sourse. If he had the mana to repair a town, he would obviously have the mana to build his own mansion. Even if he could, he'd end up attracting more unwanted attention. And no one wants to see our MC be even more OP than he already is. He still requires assistance from his comrades after all. Even a save from some unknown ally.
Aug 16, 2017 4:43 PM

Jan 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, there are dragons in this series. Should of expected that from a fantasy isekai theme show I guess.

That Kohaku tiger shouldn't be underestimated though for his personality. Seems he can be quite fierce when the time is right. Meanwhile, Touya's so damn dense

oh, dense, and not dense at the same time...
Also completely different from the last EP w/ the slime!
Aug 16, 2017 4:46 PM

Sep 2013
Reload said:
Ookami-des said:
Of course, no one considers how much mana that would require. I know the smartphone makes everything look easy, but you have to remember that magic always requires a sourse. If he had the mana to repair a town, he would obviously have the mana to build his own mansion. Even if he could, he'd end up attracting more unwanted attention. And no one wants to see our MC be even more OP than he already is. He still requires assistance from his comrades after all. Even a save from some unknown ally.
Does he even have a limit to his magic? He'll warp around like it's nothing, cast any and every spell he can during a fight and fire off 50 light javelins or whatever at the same time without breaking a sweat.

If he never gets tired from using his magic, who's to say he doesn't have the magic power to do that?
Aug 16, 2017 5:11 PM

Jan 2017
Izaya-Hirashi said:

It's just a matter of time before he establishes an official Harem...

well this isn't 'that' kind of anime, so it's gonna get left open, trust me... I can tell :P
The thing is (IMO) the authors are too scared to finish up loose ends like that, because they are too scared of the plot being lost and people leaving because of that (i know that is kind of miss leading what I said, and your probably not gonna get what I was trying to say, but it's hard for me to put differently)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» A question for the Light Novel readers regarding his identity

Cyanide86 - Mar 10

2 by Cyanide86 »»
Mar 10, 8:57 AM

» 10/10 from me.. who else? ( 1 2 )

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 26, 2023

65 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Mar 8, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

238 by DayMan_Official »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:58 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2017

163 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2017

262 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.