Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2017 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That was a draw? Felt like it was leaning on Kaguya's favor though. That was a pretty huge misunderstanding. Can't wait for the election arc to begin.
Apr 20, 2017 8:23 PM

Mar 2015
Aww man... Kaguya really wanted to be confessed to

I can't express how amazing Akasaka Aka's artwork is from Instant Bullet to Kaguya. Hopefully he's fine since volume 5's extra says he have some kind of illness.

But I totally love this chapter and the amount of misunderstanding... Fujiwara never understands the gravity of the situation.

Apr 20, 2017 8:43 PM
Oct 2012
That was awesome. So in the end Kaguya was the one who confessed. Very well played writer. While the writer can probably do a sequel, this looks like it is ending in 2-3 more episodes. Respect that decision.

As for "why a draw", because Kaguya really won, she transcended her pride, but the target is still a negative because he hasn't proven to be a man worthy of Kaguya's confession. Hence a draw.

But I liked how the entire school has been expecting this, that was a nice touch.
Apr 20, 2017 10:05 PM

Sep 2013
School wide misunderstanding and pres backs out, kaguya knows thou :)
Apr 20, 2017 10:06 PM

Nov 2007
It would have been the greatest confession in the history of schools in Japan with everyone except for Fujiwara reading the atmosphere the way it should be read!

Kaguya's reply was the best reply she could ever give. It wasn't her yes. But what she said before confirming that she would gladly accept it.

With the election arc next, I am hoping that we get a lot of chapters and a full third year to follow!

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 20, 2017 10:44 PM

Mar 2014
Nice chapter ( ᐛ )و

It's a pity he didn't confess tho. I really wanted to see Kaguya's reaction
Apr 20, 2017 11:06 PM
Sep 2016
Wonderful! They are both ready to put aside their pride and accept their feelings. Kaguya already took the first step, now it's President's turn. I'm expecting his confession at the end of next arc.
Apr 21, 2017 12:30 AM

Sep 2014
And a very wonderful chapter where prez drive in the corner but seriously I thought its Kaguya's victory.
Anyways I really love this particulars panel.
Apr 21, 2017 12:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well it would've been a bit premature if that confession actually took place, but considering how good the atmosphere was I wouldn't have minded anyway

New arc sounds fun though ^_^
Apr 21, 2017 1:18 AM

Oct 2013
Wow, that almost confession scene was really nice even without any confession. They both really saved their reputation by whispering into their ears lol. Maybe more rumours will surround them about the love triangle misunderstanding?
Apr 21, 2017 1:45 AM

Jan 2009
In the hundreds of animes/mangas/light novels I have consumed, this was the first time _ever_ in which did NOT want a properly developed confession of a couple I want to be together in the end simply because I did not want this show to enter the end run. I want it to continue like this.

One day, Akasaka-sensei will pull the trigger, and I'm sure that the end run will be amazing, as well. But for the time being, while he has so many great ideas, I simply want the show to go on. And this goes 100% against my ingrained instincts, because usually nothing irritates me more than indecisive characters dragging out the story until only annoyance is left. But not so here.
MentarApr 21, 2017 1:56 AM
Apr 21, 2017 2:10 AM

Aug 2013
Goddamnit, the sexual tension is even higher than most hentai manga out there
Apr 21, 2017 2:24 AM

Jul 2012
Amazing chapter, that was so close!!! We needed that draw for the sake of continuing the manga, but with the thought that future confession will happen. This chapter was a reminder how amazing the facial expressions are drawn in this manga, so cute =/ Always appreciated Hayasaka moments, she is such a lovely character!
Apr 21, 2017 3:22 AM
Oct 2016
i take it back, i don't want this to be adapt into an anime anymore, it works as a manga and i hope that if it get animated then they can keep it's style
Apr 21, 2017 6:52 AM

Sep 2012
While the writer can probably do a sequel, this looks like it is ending in 2-3 more episodes. Respect that decision.

I refuse to accept it, 3rd year plus 50 more chapters plz, this is the top manga I wait for every week and frankly It is irreplaceable. How many Romance Manga can make people say "No, don't confess yet, I want more"
Apr 21, 2017 1:01 PM

Apr 2016
Takuan_Soho said:
While the writer can probably do a sequel, this looks like it is ending in 2-3 more episodes. Respect that decision.

+ 10 episode for the father arc + eventually 5 episode for Fujiwara - Ishigami (these ones could be funny) + X episode in their third year.

There's no way a confession would end the story, it would be the beginning since it seems the father would never lose an asset like his unique daughter for a commoner who would bring nothing to his group.

The way the story was presented to us there are big question marks about the future of those two, they can rush it just saying a surprising "actually the shit father is OK with it" but I doubt the mangaka will discard this part after drawing a big shadow in the background.
Apr 21, 2017 1:24 PM
Oct 2012
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
There's no way a confession would end the story, it would be the beginning

The story can continue, but it would be a sequel to "Kaguya wants to be confessed to", because Kaguya no longer wants or needs it, because she did it. This part of the story has ended, and quite nicely I think.

Wrap this up next chapter and then start: "Kaguya-sama was confessed to". It can still be rom-com, because the problem is that Daddy has someone he wants her to marry and that person has NO problem confessing to her.

Apr 22, 2017 12:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
So cute. As always.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 22, 2017 2:31 PM

Jul 2015
missunderstandings leading to situations like this can become really frustrating to watch/read depending of the execution, but damn it was perfectly done here. Hilarious episode that had development for Shirogane, who realized that he could just confess to Kaguya and stop with the pride bullshit, although he couldn't do it here and it's totally understandable, dat pressure.
Apr 22, 2017 6:35 PM

Dec 2015
I feel a bit sorry for Kaguya after seeing how happy she looks...knowing that Kurogane wasn't there to confess.
Shirogane's pride can be annoying but it's understandable.
LOL at Fujiwara haha. I was even thinking that if Shirogane wouldn't say anything, she will be the one to say it lol.
Apr 28, 2017 2:38 AM
Jul 2016
So, is this END ? or will be a Continue ? Tell me please (;_;
Apr 29, 2017 6:22 AM
May 2016
Nyaa_Vanilla said:

don't worry, I think it will continue
Apr 29, 2017 11:32 PM
Jul 2016
Last_Aeon said:
Nyaa_Vanilla said:

don't worry, I think it will continue

yes, it still Continue, it just Update new chapter. im so glad ヾ(。>﹏<。)ノ゙🎉
Apr 30, 2017 1:02 AM

Jan 2016
I would say it was mutual victory instead of a draw
Jun 19, 2017 8:03 PM

Oct 2013
GAH! And here I thought this was it! The moment!! Another year of waiting!!! Just get together and continue. Ahhh was so cute though
Feb 21, 2019 8:45 PM

Nov 2014
Nunnally03 said:
I feel a bit sorry for Kaguya after seeing how happy she looks...knowing that Kurogane wasn't there to confess.
Shirogane's pride can be annoying but it's understandable.
LOL at Fujiwara haha. I was even thinking that if Shirogane wouldn't say anything, she will be the one to say it lol.
i like how u confused shirogane with kurogane lol
Apr 9, 2019 11:43 AM

Dec 2014
the presure though..just confess already
Apr 20, 2020 6:12 AM

Feb 2018
Kaguya wants a confession..
Apr 4, 2022 11:31 PM

Apr 2021
Chika entering the scene and making it look like a love triangle was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing there. And yeah Miyuki got a wholesome 'Yes' from Kaguya!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Sep 21, 2022

96 by marquinti2 »»
May 19, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 275 Discussion

WNightfall - Sep 9, 2022

30 by marquinti2 »»
May 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 274 Discussion

Mahnaelow - Sep 1, 2022

47 by marquinti2 »»
May 19, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 273 Discussion

Daisuki - Aug 20, 2022

39 by marquinti2 »»
May 19, 9:18 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 272 Discussion

CQLLIST - Aug 2, 2022

35 by marquinti2 »»
May 19, 8:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.