Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 1:31 PM

Mar 2013
Though, if I think proper... We'll now really for a long time no TV-KyoAni-series have - spring and summer is nothing - Violet Evergarden is questionable when it coming...>_>
Apr 5, 2017 1:34 PM

Mar 2016
omg miss kobayashi finally accepted Tohru...

like the only things tohru was getting before was headpats!

kobayashi just couldn't live without tohru... and kanna look so sad :(. we need to protect her!!! I was ready for a hardcore fight between tohru and her father but I liked how it was resolved.

that ending :'(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 1:34 PM

Mar 2011
I loved this anime
But now I'm sad, there won't be anything anymore, damn, I loved all the characters in this series.
9/10
Apr 5, 2017 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
Wow wasn't expecting such an intense last episode from Kobayashi.. totally out of left field, but still pretty awesome.. from this last episode alone made me rate up the show from 8 to 9!! still hoping for a 2nd season in the future though, but even without it I think it wouldn't bother me that much seeing how good the show wraps up nicely..
Apr 5, 2017 1:54 PM

Jul 2015
My anime of the season.
Sad it ended... :c
Loved every single aspect of this show.
Want to marry Kobayashi, have Tohru as a lover and adopt Kanna...
10/10
Will miss this... :'c
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Apr 5, 2017 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
10/10 imo. I seriously cried at the end! So proud of Kobayashi! Man, I'm really going to miss this show Q_Q
Apr 5, 2017 2:01 PM

Sep 2013
Tohru's dad bringing the drama and kobayashi misses her :'(
Tohuru stands up to him and kobayashi words makes him back off.

8/10 it was good.
Apr 5, 2017 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
It was a 9/10, now it's a 10. AOTS with a nice lead, proper ending, magnificent visuals, nice music, heartwarming story...

I would love an OVA that's about Kobayashi being old after they spent their lives together (and maybe show the end of it too but it would be sad as hell).
Apr 5, 2017 2:07 PM

Jul 2009
What a great episode! Tooru is a princess haha
I am so glad Kobayashi said that she also wanted to live with Tooru and I wish we could see her arrival at her home, is like she is taking her wife and kid to meet the family LOL
I hope they do a 2nd season!

9/10
Apr 5, 2017 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
I feel a bit empty now that this wonderful show has come to an end.

Tohru's father sure is intimidating and he did make her come home with him for a while, and the mood change in the Kobayashi household was very apparent. Even with Kanna around, it felt a lot more stressful and it lacked any sort of calmness that it had when Tohru was there.

Thankfully, Tohru ran away from her father and appeared in front of Kobayashi once more, but the small reunion was short lived as her father came back for her and had the audacity to hurt Kobayashi for uttering an "ummm..." of all things.

The battle between father and daughter, despite its short length, was a spectacle to watch animation-wise. It was interrupted by Kobayashi who gave Tohru's father a good verbel beatdown about Tohru's wishes. In the end, he simply retreated, letting Tohru to do what she wanted.

It was nice in the end credits that Kobayashi took Tohru and Kanna to her parent's home in the country for a visit. =)

Overall, this show was a surprise. KyoAni did another stellar job with the cute and effective visuals and animation. The heart-warming moments were excellent and the comedy was very good, even if over-used a few times.

Same goes for the soundtrack too. The OP song has become one of my favourites in a long time due to the catchiness of the beat and Fhana's lovely vocal voice.

I'll miss this show greatly. 9/10. =D
Apr 5, 2017 2:14 PM
Dec 2014
Am i the only one who felt this last episode was rushed through? A lot happened in just one episode, compared to the other episodes. A LOT.
I think it's funny how the series are about same sex couples without making it too obvious. I mean, Kobayashi acts like a man, talks like a man and moves like a man. She has a manly job (programmer?), she sits with her knees apart and her elbows on her knees (on the train), she is just like regular japanese men who cannot admit to their wives that they love them until they are left all alone. Plus, the father "cannot except this relationship" and wonders as in how they will make it work. "Maid" is not just a word for a cleaning lady, but also an old fashioned word for a young girl. And the fact that they are going to meet Kobayashi's parents in the end. >.> :-P Pretty obvious, but still fun and very heartwarming! <3 But the last episode was wrapped up too fast! Even though it was a nice closure...
Apr 5, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2014
final eps felt weird and rushed but whatevs. was a fun ride. fav show last season <3
gonna rewatch again someday.

Apr 5, 2017 2:19 PM

Dec 2014
The longer this show went on the more I lost interest in it. There wasn't any character that I really liked. I found all of them to just be okayish. The interactions between Kanna and Saikawa were too much for me and I don't care about the "she's actually a dragon and not a child" stuff. It was gross to me so that's that. Fafnir seemed like he could've been a interesting character if they gave him any screen time but they didn't so he was left kinda flat. Same for the girl that was nothing but tits. I get it, she has big boobs now can you please give her some character devlopment, no? Okay. Elma got the same treatment as Fafnir, wasted potential.

I just felt everything could've been better than what it was.

6/10
Apr 5, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2016
bdsbff said:
The longer this show went on the more I lost interest in it. There wasn't any character that I really liked. I found all of them to just be okayish. The interactions between Kanna and Saikawa were too much for me and I don't care about the "she's actually a dragon and not a child" stuff. It was gross to me so that's that. Fafnir seemed like he could've been a interesting character if they gave him any screen time but they didn't so he was left kinda flat. Same for the girl that was nothing but tits. I get it, she has big boobs now can you please give her some character devlopment, no? Okay. Elma got the same treatment as Fafnir, wasted potential.

I just felt everything could've been better than what it was.

6/10
Fafnir has a dick instead of boobs, so he won't get any kind of focus. and Elma came too late. really wasted. 2 best dragons got shafted.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 5, 2017 2:29 PM

May 2016
This show got better with every episode and they ended it perfectly. Best anime of winter 2017 IMO.

Please don't make me part from my dear lolifu, Kanna and give me a second season.
Apr 5, 2017 2:31 PM

Jan 2017
Awww.. its over. This was my fave series for the season. So much to enjoy and I think they got the balance between humour and values perfectly. The 'final battle' between the dad and tohru ended a bit anti-climatically. I know from the manga it turned out almost the same way but how it was delivered wasn't a high point in the show.

This episode sort of reminds me of Spice and Wolf. Holo and Lawrence were dreading the prospects that Lawrence will eventually die one day.
Apr 5, 2017 2:58 PM

Apr 2014
god im gonna really miss this series this is the first best aoty imo sucks thats its over .. but with the ending we got hoping for something more with that seeing how things goes while they're there an ova or some thing

but yeah of course i want a season 2 to happen but till then will be reading the manga
"one step at a time"
Apr 5, 2017 3:07 PM
Nov 2010
uchimaki131 said:
It was a fun, heart warming and also a very emotional anime highlighting the themes of human relationships with also themes of prejudice. However, Shouta and Lucoa's tit running gag as well as kanna attempting to **** Saikawa was slightly inappropriate. Regardless, its a 10/10 anime for me.

Lol you think that was inappropriate to bad u didn't get to see iruru
Apr 5, 2017 3:08 PM
Dec 2013
best anime of the winter season :c now i'll miss it
Apr 5, 2017 3:09 PM

Mar 2014
It's over, isn't? TTvTT

One of the best winter 2017 animes, so enjoyable and heartwarming <3

I want a second season! x3
Apr 5, 2017 3:15 PM

Sep 2011
It was a nice ride and I'll miss it.

10/10
Apr 5, 2017 3:21 PM
Feb 2017
Wooooah!

The Final was really Happy!

I Beat It because No more seasons :)

Ok (9/10)
Yuzu4KApr 5, 2017 3:24 PM
Working on the future things.

Apr 5, 2017 3:32 PM

Aug 2016
Goodbye Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon, I'll be waiting for second season, being honest I REALLY love this anime, every moment, dialogue and character give me a lot of happiness, I will never forget these emotions.

10/5

Apr 5, 2017 3:52 PM

Jan 2011
You will be missed my little dragons.

Well done KyoAni
Apr 5, 2017 4:10 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SECOND SEASON PLEASE, ITS ALL I ASK FOR
Apr 5, 2017 4:11 PM
Dec 2013
I cried a bit when Tohru hugged Kobayashi

Oh lord this was a great series, and such a good ending as well
Apr 5, 2017 4:12 PM

Feb 2015
Such a rewarding climax! All of the episodes spent developing Tohru and Kobayashi's relationship have really made this perfect. Kanna was so cute again at the end! I could go on forever about why I love these series, but I'll just mention why it doesn't quite get a 10/10: It was never explained what Kanna was doing on top of Saikawa after playing Twister, bit weird like a kind of fanservice. Elma was kind of underdeveloped too. I get that the supporting cast was mainly for the laughs and to add to the warm cast, but most of her scenes were just cutaways to indecisively purchasing food, which is a little bit of a let-down. Apart from that, I really love this anime. Easily the anime of the season for me. 9/10.
Apr 5, 2017 4:16 PM
Nov 2012
Great show, great ending.
Apr 5, 2017 4:16 PM

Nov 2016
Man, this was such a fun ride. I can't believe it's over already (and no more Kanna T_T)

"Don't take my maid away! She's mine!", that line from Kobayashi is so strong, that I had to punch a wall to feel manly again. :'(((

The ending was great, I just hope that we get to see Kobayashi's parents, maybe in an OVA episode, or season 2?
Apr 5, 2017 4:26 PM

Oct 2013
Nice ending. 8/10 for me.

The part where Kobayashi learns that Tooru won't be coming back and she has to manage on her own made me sad. It reminds me of something that happened to me.....

On the upside, I thought Tooru's dad in dragon form was bad ass.

One of those elements I enjoyed about this show is the momentary gags that come up now and again. Near the end where Elma passes the waffle stand and the girl yells out about the new variety of waffles, and then Elma is there buying some. She's easily lured by food. Nothing hilarious, but her character is amusing.
Apr 5, 2017 4:32 PM

Sep 2015
Great ending for this series, now Im gonna have some depression over not seeing Kanna next week. I assumed Tohru's dragon was stronger than her. So I was thinking of a cliche ending where all the other dragons and humans who their lived with, would come together and argue with Tohru's dad that man and dragon can come to live alongside one another. Maybe even team up to fight him with Tohru.
Apr 5, 2017 4:44 PM

May 2015
Nice finale and way to end this show. Sad to see it go, since it was quite enjoyable. Maybe we'll get another season one day, who knows.

8/10.

Apr 5, 2017 4:53 PM

Dec 2016
Wow that was some episode to end this series.

That was funny that part at the start where Riko exploded from love.

Damn that was intense between, Tohru, her father and Kobayashi.

Thank good everything ended up back to normal in the end, I was worried there for a bit.

Really enjoyed this anime I hope this gets another season sometime.
Apr 5, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon is hard evidence that an anime doesn't need to pander to SJW's or the West to be the best in anime.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Apr 5, 2017 5:26 PM

Jul 2014
This ending came out of nowhere and felt rushed but I'll take it.

Well except for two characters (Lucoa and Saikawa), I really liked this show, especially the heartwarming moments.

PD: I'm going to miss Kanna and I wanted more Elma :'(
Apr 5, 2017 6:11 PM

Mar 2015
That was the best final episode of the season
Apr 5, 2017 6:24 PM
Oct 2015
This was a shocking good series. Before the season started it wasn't even on my radar and yet it ended up as one of my favorites. Here is hoping we get a 2nd season.
Apr 5, 2017 7:01 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty great anime, My 2nd best anime this season.
Definitely gonna miss it.

The fight scene was epic!

Overall 9/10.
Apr 5, 2017 7:06 PM

Aug 2016
Takemoto absolutely knocked it out of the park this episode. Not Hyouka level but not far either.

Great finale.
Apr 5, 2017 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
It was a great episode, Tooru's father is a very severe guy.
That speech that Kobayashi gave him...damn <3
Loved Tooru's reaction, that's the reaction when you are loved by someone ;)

This last episode was so amazing! They did such a great job!

Omg Saikawa is the worst xD I wish you the best Shouta, you will have a hard life hahaha
Fafnir is the only guy that made a best friend and is 100% chilling without any problems xD

Loved the episode but why go with the feels?

I hope there will be a 2nd season! <3
8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 5, 2017 7:38 PM

Mar 2015
Whelp that kinda sucked, they adapted chapter 20 as the ending instead of introducing Iruru which would've been so much better. That ending makes no way for a second season imo.
Apr 5, 2017 7:59 PM

Feb 2013
I loved this more than I probably should have....

But I mean, it was fucking adorable, and I loved all the characters, it was hilarious....what else do you need?

9/10
Apr 5, 2017 8:06 PM

Nov 2012
And done, no more dragons.

9/10
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 5, 2017 8:10 PM

Dec 2012
Phewie, I felt that! Although it was a bit strange having such a dramatic episode after all of the nonchalant casual fun, it still seemed to fit in just right considering this moment was a long time coming. It is still sad to think about how for a dragon, time spent with a human is fleeting. Nevertheless, Tohru wants to savor every moment she can spend with Kobayashi and cherish that seemingly brief blessing.

Heh, there's just always something about those Fafnir and Takiya moments that stand out. The mutual understanding they have based on otaku culture and gaming is comical yet somewhat moving.

KyoAni certainly hit their mark with this one. Maybe it was just Kobayashi's character design, but it was somewhat reminiscent of Lucky Star to some degrees. Some of their latest works have been a bit lackluster lately so it was nice to see a return to the heartwarming hilarity that lets the gut flap and soothes the soul.

7.5/10
Apr 5, 2017 8:36 PM

Dec 2016
Awwwwmg that was such a cute episode. I love Saikawa and Kanna together so much, and Tohru and Kobayashi are really good together too. It is so endearing seeing their little family and how Kobayashi is introducing them to her parents now!! Almost made me cry this episode.

This show was amazing all the way through. Really cute, really funny, and really touching. It is so sad to think that one day Tohru and Kanna and the dragons will have to go on without all the humans they love. Characters were all lovable and the music was very catchy. I couldn't ask for much more...except for another season!

10/10
Apr 5, 2017 8:37 PM
Apr 2012
Eh, last episode didn't do much for me. Loved the rest of the show, but this episode just kinda boring and predictable.
Kobayashi not getting the dragons together to chase Tohru. Being awkward when Tohru escapes to see her. Acting like she's wavering on fighting to keep her when her dad shows up. Just things that by now I thought she was past, felt a bit forced.

Or maybe it's just that there was no male Kobayashi episode and that did disappoint the hell out of me.
Apr 5, 2017 8:50 PM

May 2012
Loved that this series got finished before the actual finish date on MAL, and boy was waiting for this worth it! Really amazing final episode which was totally intense and with a great closure!

All in all I really LOVED watching this adorable and hilarious series from start till end, all the characters are totally cute, especially Kanna-chan! Really loved the whole character progression and this sure is one of the better anime series from the season!
Apr 5, 2017 9:41 PM
Aug 2014
perfect ending, great job KyoAni. But again isn't this anime supposed to be a promotional show to the still on-going manga? Who will go for the manga now it had a nice conclusion.
Apr 5, 2017 9:50 PM

Jan 2013
7.75/10
Very strong ending. Not much to complain about.
Apr 5, 2017 9:51 PM

Sep 2013
Tohru's dad takes his daughter back to the other world and life without her is so empty.

After Tohru's return, Kobayashi practically stood up to a dragon despite it showing her that he can obliterate her with ease. It was really awesome to see Kobayashi speak up to a hostile dragon. In the end things worked out and everything is back to normal.

5/5- This finale was excellent because it was different from what we usually see out of this series. It felt gloomy and empty without Tohru around. Kobayashi is usually reserved and quiet but her standing up to Tohru's father was great. Just watching her slowly getting pissed off after she gets shot down was awesome to see. The battle between Tohru and her dad looks pretty good but not as good as the battle of Tohru vs Kanna.

My only real complaint about this episode is how abrupt the resolution came and Kobayashi's speech felt a little incomplete. Other than that, I thought it was a fantastic finale.

9/10- This series was just way too fun and enjoyable. All the characters are entertaining in their own way while the dynamic between Tohru, Kanna and Kobayashi was magic. Great Slice of Life with a twist of Fantasy and good Comedy.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid: A lonely dragon wants to be loved Anime film has been announced in 2025!

Hickykissy - Sep 21

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Yesterday, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

246 by phantom346 »»
Sep 21, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

253 by Inconsistent1 »»
Jul 2, 6:24 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

194 by DoodeDelydoo »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2017

189 by MoonlightVT »»
Apr 12, 10:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.