Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gabriel Dropout
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 27, 2017 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
I thought this was good. A solid 7/10 for me and I would watch another season if it ever happens.
Mar 27, 2017 5:15 PM

Apr 2011
Is breaking out the First Trumpet of the Apocalypse Gabriel's go to coping mechanism for humiliation/frustration?

TragicRomance said:
Wow. This was stupid imho. Gag for the sake of gag isn't a good gag. So Satania offered to leave and what Gab did? Called her a traitor and stop (even tho knew she will probably do something against whatever shes gonna plan) Later, she threw her in a cupboard only for Satania to break out and ruin everything she put her efforts into. WHY NOT JUST LET HER LEAVE
Really bothered me. It had some funny scenes but left a bitter aftertaste.

Except she was never going to leave (where did you even get this idea?). She was intent on staying and telling Gabriel's sister everything. As far her eventually ruining everything for Gabriel, that also isn't true. Zel already knew Gabriel and faillen. Satania breaking out of the cupboard just made her work quicker for her.
Mar 27, 2017 6:37 PM

Jan 2013
This was epic! Sad that it's the last episode :/ I wish for a 2nd season. But i will definitely read the manga.
One of the best animes of this season, and goes to my top best animes! I absolutely loved every episode.
They always managed to deliver good & funny humor.

Can't believe that dog saved them xD

I love Raphi, she is so funny, she loves when Vigne/Satanya/Gab do stupid stuff hahah she basically lives to laugh at them xD I love all of them xD Each one of the adds that "little" that made this one of the best animes.
That moment when teacher-sensei "cleaned his eyes" oh god xD that was epic hahaha

This whole episode was epic! All 12 episodes were epic!
I love their voices, this anime is so amazing! I really wish for a 2nd season, until then i have manga <3

I will miss them <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 27, 2017 6:50 PM
Dec 2012
Illyricus said:
Was Zeruel voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro? I'm pretty sure it was her.

YES! I was rattling my brain trying to figure it out myself. then it just clicked when I read your post. It's definitely Miyuki-chan
Mar 27, 2017 6:50 PM

Aug 2016
Despite perhaps being the least enjoyable of the five seasonals I watched, I can't deny it was a fun time.

Quite the hilarious ending, too. Gab's sister was super well designed, though the dog fear was kinda "meh" as a way to get her out. A second season would be nice, but I'd really go for a Western serialization of the manga if possible.
Mar 27, 2017 7:48 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty fun and enjoyable show.
The ending was good xD

Overall 8/10.
Mar 27, 2017 7:50 PM

Oct 2012
Loved this show for awhile but felt it got a bit lackluster towards the end of the series. Still one of the best of the season.
Mar 27, 2017 8:14 PM

Dec 2016
What a way to end it lol. I laughed so hard when they brought back the coffee joke. And she teleports her whole skirt this time what a step up!! Overall a pretty good series. Was a bit slow in the middle but started off strong and ended strong and kept me laughing most of the time. Not to mention everyone was adorable. 8/10 for meee
Mar 27, 2017 8:43 PM

Mar 2017
Ruu said:
Can we talk about the HUGE PLOTHOLE ?! Satania never met the "good Gabriel" - we all saw their first encounter in one of the earlier episodes right? Apart from that the episode was great.

I really liked the series and the only characters I thought was cringy was Satania. Ralph and Gab made the show for me.

Maybe you got a bad sub or somethin like mine, or just try to rewatch it. Satania "have" met the good Gabriel, it's what we saw in this episode right?

Finally this show end, I enjoying myself watching this, some of jokes here are repepetive although it's not that repetitive *cough* *cough* lucoa's boobs *cough*.
Overall 8/10, and a 2nd season would be nice.
Mar 27, 2017 8:46 PM

May 2012
6/10

The anime had some ups and downs with some episodes being good, but others being mostly boring.

It's a pity Tapris appeared in only two episodes. She was the character i liked the most.
I despise woke people.
Mar 27, 2017 9:20 PM

Nov 2008
It was a good ending for this show.

Gabriel's sister was just as I imagined her to be, but they never explained why she is scared of dogs.

I will miss Ralpi the most.

I hope they make a new season!

Overall, 8/10.
Mar 27, 2017 10:22 PM

Dec 2014
For a second there I thought Zeruel was going to become a fallen angel just like her sister.
So she is afraid of dogs, huh. It made me remember Raphi's aversion to frogs.
There's still so much I wanted to know about Zeruel :c
Anyway, that was a good episode and a good show overall. 7/10

A new season would be great but I won't get my hopes up
BlancchetMar 27, 2017 10:35 PM
Mar 27, 2017 10:33 PM

Mar 2016
A fun show in general... I felt like they could have explored the sub-plots more but it's a comedy series so... Big Bad Sister came a "straightened up" Gab.

But still one day Gab is going to actually blow the horn and that earth is gone!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2017 10:40 PM

Aug 2013
I will wait for you always, GabDrop S2.
This is the most enjoyable and hilarious one I've seen in some time.
The same jokes never gets old for me.. XD
Mar 27, 2017 10:58 PM

Apr 2011
BlueIsLove said:
Ruu said:
Can we talk about the HUGE PLOTHOLE ?! Satania never met the "good Gabriel" - we all saw their first encounter in one of the earlier episodes right? Apart from that the episode was great.

I really liked the series and the only characters I thought was cringy was Satania. Ralph and Gab made the show for me.

Maybe you got a bad sub or somethin like mine, or just try to rewatch it. Satania "have" met the good Gabriel, it's what we saw in this episode right?

He's talking about episode 4. In that episode, Satania mentions that she never met Gabriel from before her shut-in life began and even expresses discomfort at the thought that Gabriel was once so pure and kind.
Mar 28, 2017 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Was Zeruel voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro? I'm pretty sure it was her.

Yep. Zeruel voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro is confirmed, as seen in the credits.

Anyway, a quick wrap-up:

A fun anime, overall. DEMONS >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ANGELS
Vigne's "Vietnam flashbacks" of being with Gab.
Zeruel scared of dogs. Lul
Everyone loves the faillen Gabriel.
Le almighty skirt this time. Hahaha

Too bad we couldnt witness Gabriel blowing the First Trumpet of the Apocalypse.

8/10

P.S. Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon remaining in my watchlist ;_;
removed-userMar 28, 2017 4:36 AM
Mar 28, 2017 4:55 AM

Aug 2016
The show had a strong start but it started to dip at the middle for me.

This episode was good especially the scene with their teacher. Zelel was an interesting character albeit the climax was pretty foolish. I enjoyed the group of friends' antics though.

6/10, a decent comedy show, I'd be down for a S2 if ever though.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Mar 28, 2017 5:22 AM

Oct 2014
It was a good ride. A solid 7/10 for me. Vigne still my best girl.
Mar 28, 2017 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
Genius Gabriel

Overall it's a fun anime. Started out strong, fizzled out in the middle, and somehow picked itself back up at the end. Perhaps there were too many repeated jokes but when they didn't do that it was an entertaining watch. Satania of course is priceless and the absolute star of this anime. I just wish there was more inchou because she was funnier than Gab or Raphi

8/10
Mar 28, 2017 6:20 AM

Aug 2014
Gab's sister reminds me of Tapris for some reason.
Still a funny episode though. That last scene reminds me of how much I enjoyed the first episode. Good stuff.

GabDrop is my most anticipated series to watch every week. Very sad that it finally over.
Overall, this anime is really good. Likable characters, decent comedy, nice setting, VA did a very good job as well. I'll give this 9/10. AOTS for me in this season.
Also, Vigne best girl. I'll miss her..!
Mar 28, 2017 9:09 AM
Apr 2014
Meh show, but Satania bumps it up from a 5/10 to a 6/10.

Bring on season 2 - Satania DropOut!
Mar 28, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
An enjoyable end to a charming series.

Watching Gabriel trying to outwit her sister was almost painful, she truly expected those silly tactics to succeed... Gabriel's sister proved to be a worthy adversary, only to be deterred by such a curious weakness. Seeing Vigne's conflicted expressions during the whole process was also exceedingly enjoyable.

The final teleportation attempt was as glorious as the first one...
Mar 28, 2017 1:27 PM

Sep 2013
Gab's onee-chan Zelel comes to rehabilitate her but scared off by the dog :)
Maid gab a cute.

8/10
Mar 28, 2017 2:13 PM

Jul 2009
Gab's older sis was so cool, can't believe she was beat by Satania's dog! lol
Mar 28, 2017 2:29 PM

Jun 2013
i'm going to miss this anime
Mar 28, 2017 4:51 PM

Aug 2010
Fun anime with decent comedy, likeable characters and perfect VAs. My Monday will never same again. Pretty sure Zeruel's fear of dog is foreshadowed at the beginning, where she stopped dead on her tracks after seeing the dog, waiting for that dog's owner left with it.
Mar 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Jul 2015
kyled00m said:
This episode still leaves me with a major question that was asked on the first episode of the series...

Who was the person who opened the game on Gabriel's laptop the first time which caused her to fall? Your computer doesn't just login to a game with a character that looks like you automatically...
My vote is that God opened it. *snickers*

THIS RIGHT HERE.
Been bugging me since the beginning and they went and brought it back without explanation. Anyway, watching all the girls struggle in various ways was really enjoyable. Struggle and desperation at it's finest, making this a fun finale.

Only thing that really bugged me about the series aside from the above mentioned computer game, was that this series is named after Gabriel, but she has the least amount of presence out of everyone here. She did things, but she never stood out much compared to the others. But she at least got her chance to really shine this episode, literally. Final score from me is an 8/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 28, 2017 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
This show did peak early with the first few episodes and became very hit and miss there after. Still enjoyed it but wish it would of maintained its freshness.
Mar 28, 2017 7:24 PM

Nov 2010
One of my favorite shows this season.

Once again, Oota proved that he's a great director. i hope we see him soon with another anime.

8/10
Mar 28, 2017 8:00 PM

Nov 2011
Great way to end the series.

Super fun show and severely underrated. 9/10 for sure, and could definitely use another season.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 28, 2017 8:32 PM

Sep 2013
And everything was better than expected. Still curious about the stuff they randomly decided to skip.
Mar 28, 2017 8:33 PM
Nov 2016
Nothing amazing, nothing bad.

Mar 28, 2017 9:06 PM

Feb 2013
A-Mazing!!!! That was the best end of a series.....I couldn't have asked for more.

8/10
Mar 28, 2017 11:35 PM

Aug 2015
OMG that Sawashiro voice for Zeluel

10/10! I'm gonna miss this show.. ;_;

SEASON TWO WHEN??
Mar 29, 2017 12:07 AM
Mar 2016
Okay, i'm in minority here ... It's fine show. I'm still watching it until now because vignette alone. It's have nice visual, but overall i don't have any expectation for this kind show. So, this one is fine to me.
Mar 29, 2017 9:29 AM
Jan 2015
Nice last episode probably my favourite episode of the series. Overall the series was pretty good I would have liked to see what happened to a fallen angel but obviously I can't pick the story. Anway 7/10
Mar 29, 2017 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
Now this really was a satisfying anime to watch

Mar 29, 2017 1:31 PM

Sep 2013
A great show, made me laugh and gave me 2 adorable demons. 8/10
Mar 29, 2017 7:24 PM

May 2015
I might be in the minority here but I found the overall show to be dull as I fond most of the situations and character interactions to be not that funny. Instead, I found most of them to be rather annoying.

4/10, and that's only because I got a few laughs out of it during some episodes... The god-awful subtitles might have made this more enjoyable for me than it should have been.

All in all, a weak and unmemorable slice of life/comedy series with a set of pretty unremarkable characters, imo.... I will neither miss it nor want more of it.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Mar 30, 2017 12:31 AM

Sep 2010
Woodfall said:
And she teleports her whole skirt this time what a step up!!
At least it's not like To-Love Ru where teleportation leaves clothing behind. Wonder how she's going to avoid dropping back a year...

Hopefully that OVA covers what they did when Satania said she wanted to get into heaven.

kyled00m said:
This episode still leaves me with a major question that was asked on the first episode of the series...

Who was the person who opened the game on Gabriel's laptop the first time which caused her to fall? Your computer doesn't just login to a game with a character that looks like you automatically...
My vote is that God opened it. *snickers*
Looking back at episode 1, she did the character creation herself. As for why the game was open, maybe it was a big popup window with a game instead of an ad. -shrug-
Mar 30, 2017 4:18 AM

Nov 2011
There are moments of really epic and entertaining, the best comes in and goes after the flashback coveted of Gab, and also knows some member of his family. Series delivers what it promises with truly memorable situations, but the narrative, at times, has had some dips during the season, and unfortunately not all the characters were up to spec. Catchy soundtrack, entertaining the opening.

7.80/10.
Mar 30, 2017 6:55 AM
Jan 2017
O Melhor!!!!!!
Tem que continuar!
Esse capitulo foi muito bom, não espera esse foi ótimo.
Adorei!!!!!
E mais um episodio!
Mar 30, 2017 11:50 AM
Mar 2016
Man, if Zeruel has some Clairvoyant powers, hoe the fuck did she didn't predict the dog? Corny ending
Mar 30, 2017 6:18 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely last episode, but well we're far from finished with an ending like this! This series on itself sure was lovely I must say, fun characters and setting with a solid pacing.

So all in all a quite lovely series I must say!
Mar 31, 2017 1:46 AM

Jun 2014
I stayed for Satania.
Not a bad overall but wouldn't really care for a second season.
Mar 31, 2017 4:25 AM

Jun 2016
The finale is so relaxing. It feels like i'm watching the episode one again, Gab also fooled me there, i really thought she becomes a model angel again and it makes me feel like i'm an idiot for being fooled there. Haha. Well Satanaia saves the day again. ^^
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 31, 2017 6:02 AM

Dec 2011
Does this count as a cliffhanger ending?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 1, 2017 1:32 AM

Aug 2015
Actually i wanted to give this 7/10 (slice of life only in earth), but they smartly give us few episodes approaching the ending that shows the interaction between heavens, hell, and earth lift my evaluation up to 9/10, as it makes the show richer and funnier.

So that's it, Gabriel>Sabagebu>Minami-ke, in terms of comedical anime...
Apr 1, 2017 1:34 AM

Mar 2009
Surprise of the season. It wasn't even on my radar at first, but it ended up being a very good show. Comedy worked well. And Satania was a completely refreshing character.
Apr 2, 2017 10:47 PM

Feb 2014
Uh... I don't know...

This show could have used more of its unique ideas (angel and demons) but in the end it turned to be just the usual moe-comedy slice of life shows for most of the time.

That's why episode 10 was the most interesting and enjoyable to watch, the others were just fine for me, I think in the end I'll give this show a 6/10

TechOtakuApr 2, 2017 10:56 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2017

181 by falcon_d »»
Apr 25, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2017

102 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2017

140 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 9, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2017

99 by Pat_DR »»
Jan 26, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Gabriel DropOut Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2017

98 by removed-user »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.