Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2016 4:42 PM
Sep 2015
I'm crying... Crying... So sad, that this season ends here. It was just so cool how Karasuno never gave up in fighting no matter how hopeless the situation is. I'm glad thay are the one that won the preliminaries. So happy for them.

I will miss this show like forever, I wish they would continue it to season 4 because this anime is just so good I can't get enough of it. I know the manga is already farther than this but somehow I can't get the same feeling of when I watch the anime then when I read the manga. Its just not the same.

I would give this season a 10/10 because of all that they've been through and watching this whole season with each episode being a clifhanger is quite tough and really exciting

I hope they would make season 4 because this anime is awesome
Dec 9, 2016 5:25 PM

Jul 2013
And so yet another amazing season of Haikyuu comes to an end. I'm not finished with this series!! I love it too much to stop!

I'm glad the boys were finally rewarded for all the labor they put in. Not only did they beat Aoba Johsai but they also even TOPPED that and defeated Shiratorizawa! They struggled for so long but they finally made it - I'm so happy for them :) No matter what happens now there's no taking this away from them. And they finally acknowledged Tsukki as the MVP!

This season delivered plenty of hype. The ending felt a little weaker compared to the rest of the series, but all that crying really was a cathartic moment. 9/10 from me - I'm gonna miss watching this.
Dec 9, 2016 5:33 PM

Nov 2009
The animation/style/directing, I don't know exactly what, was so different in some scenes of this episode! Not in a bad way at all, it reminded me a lot of anime movies instead of anime TV series. It has a lot to do with sound effects (less music and more of real sounds), too, and the way the camera pans out. Regardless of any difference, if there's something that Haikyuu!! always manage to do is make me feel like I'm right there with them. When they laugh I laugh, when they cry I cry, when the moments are tense I feel like I might burst with excitement.

There's nothing I would change. I'm very thankful for everyone involved in Haikyuu!!'s production, and, well, Furudate, obviously. :p

Actually, in my opinion there has been a lot of amazingly produced (I use this word interchangeably, but I mean also written, directed, etc) anime, with so much nuance and attention to the details. Haikyuu!! (all seasons) is no doubt one of the best representatives of this.

That's it, then. 10/10. Karasuno, fly!

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Dec 9, 2016 5:34 PM

Apr 2014
pretty solid season, was the most intense one so far. (except maybe for the Aoba match) 8/10 for me

hmm Kageyama got invited to some sort of training camp...i have a bad feeling about it because maybe it will intervene with the future games or something. not sure when it is though, i doubt they would make the camp the same time as the games. but kinda sad that he was the only one who got invited...i can feel tension stirring up because of that. could be just me though

probably gonna be a while to next season but i hope they don't rush it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2016 5:40 PM

Aug 2015
Another great season of Haikyuu!! Now to patiently wait for a 4th season....
Dec 9, 2016 5:44 PM

Aug 2016
I think I lost 10 years of my life span during the scoring of the last point @__@ but soooo worth it, dear lord that was GOOD SH'T

I'm overwhelmed with so many emotions right now T-T
Dec 9, 2016 5:45 PM

Jun 2008
aryaford said:
i need to read the manga after watching last episode, what chapter ?

You should start from 190.
Dec 9, 2016 5:56 PM

Dec 2012
AHHHHHHHHHHH KARASUNO KARASUNO!!!!
Great finale episode. That final rally was so freaking intense. Congrats to Hinata on the winning Spike.

Congrats Karasuno on winning. I teared up a bit there.
So emotional seeing everyone crying. Kiyoko crying is so cute & sweet.

Round of applause to Shiratorizawa for being tough opponents.
Would love to see Kageyama & Hinata rematch with Ushiwaka.

Spring Inter High Tournament. LETS GOO!!!
Kageyama offered the chance at a National Training Camp.

WOW another fantastic & spectacular season. This final match was so freaking intense from start to finish. Everyone’s determination to win no matter what was amazing to see.

Tsukishima’s character development throughout the match was amazing. M.V.P for sure.

Congratulations to Production I.G. & everyone involved in the production of this anime. Such an awesome job. So sad it’s already over, but hopefully we get Season 04 within a year or so because I want to see Karasuno & some familiar teams at the Spring Inter-High.

Overall this gets a 9/10.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 9, 2016 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
YES BABY!!! YES!!!! FUCK YES!!!! I'm so happy they won!!!! This anime is seriously like watching a real sports team! CROWS 4 LIFE!!!!

SEASON 4 is a necessity after that ending with Kageyama being selected for National training. Is it going to interfere with the Spring tournament?! If so what's going to happen to Hinata?!?!

GAH SEASON 4 please!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 9, 2016 6:02 PM
Feb 2011
awesome in all aspects. Truly a masterpiece. Koi Season 4!
Dec 9, 2016 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
I can't believe how this managed to stay so hype throughout the entire season.
Dec 9, 2016 6:19 PM

Mar 2013
EkizFR said:
Ka-buuto said:
Was Oikawa selected to the Japan national team?

*Kageyama

I think he was selected for the training camp of the youth national team yea

This training camp is only for 1st years. I don't know why they didn't mention that in the show. Also, there is a regional training camp for the best 1st years of the area. We have the Tokyo Qualifiers arc, then we have Nationals Training arc at these camps for the boys who got in or at karasuno for those who did not. The training camp arc drags on for a really really long time. I loved everything they do, but reading only one part a week was exasperating. I'm sure you guys will love reading it far more. Lots of development.

Don't expect season 4 anytime soon because the manga only got to the first Nationals match about two weeks ago.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 9, 2016 6:20 PM

Aug 2016
IM CRYING SO HARD SOMEONE HELP I NEED A SEASON 4 DESPERATELY
Dec 9, 2016 6:51 PM

Dec 2015
zaverix said:
EkizFR said:

*Kageyama

I think he was selected for the training camp of the youth national team yea

This training camp is only for 1st years. I don't know why they didn't mention that in the show. Also, there is a regional training camp for the best 1st years of the area.

So the training camp was only for the first years? did they mentioned it in the manga? haven't notice that. I thought that it was for 1st years and 2nd years.
Dec 9, 2016 7:39 PM

Aug 2014
guess whos going to read the manga.
Dec 9, 2016 7:48 PM

May 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
GangsterCat said:
lol seidou vs inajitsu is at least 3 times better than this
no nakama power

+1
Nakama power is just too annoying.

Your both delusional.

Dec 9, 2016 8:05 PM

Jun 2016
Great season <3

tbh my heart was kinda broken that Hinata wasn't invited to the training camp, he is still my biggest hero as expected for the protagonist
Quién dijo que todo está perdido, yo vengo a ofrecer mi corazón...
Dec 9, 2016 8:05 PM

Mar 2013
RaySapphire said:
zaverix said:

This training camp is only for 1st years. I don't know why they didn't mention that in the show. Also, there is a regional training camp for the best 1st years of the area.

So the training camp was only for the first years? did they mentioned it in the manga? haven't notice that. I thought that it was for 1st years and 2nd years.

First year is a little off my bad. More specifically it says 15/16 year olds.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 9, 2016 8:11 PM

Jan 2014
I just love how happy everyone who watched this is and that it was good enough to make us all cry along with the characters. I can't wait for next season! It's been a ride!
Dec 9, 2016 8:14 PM

Dec 2015
zaverix said:

First year is a little off my bad. More specifically it says 15/16 year olds.

Oh ok I got you. thanks for clearing that up. because I was really curious if they did mention it.
Dec 9, 2016 8:19 PM

Aug 2015
It was okay , Shiratorizawa is so fckin boring .
Dec 9, 2016 8:32 PM

May 2015
hinata, nishinoya, and pretty manager are still best characters.

overall pretty decent.
peanutncookieDec 10, 2016 1:47 PM
Dec 9, 2016 8:52 PM
Jul 2014
Oh man, been following Haikyuu!! for two years now so that episode got me so emotional.
Dec 9, 2016 9:00 PM

Aug 2015
I was biting my palms the entire time when they were trying to score the last point.When they did, I stopped breathing for a moment and ...I think I cried a little too. it was soo emotional T_T . I want a second season ASAP!
Dec 9, 2016 9:37 PM
Dec 2016
Damn! My Man crush lost T_T I hope they make Ushijima look better and show his good side :V The season overall is 9/10. Hoping for season 4!!!! one of the best anime series I've ever watched.
Dec 9, 2016 9:41 PM

Jan 2012
Episode 8 would take the best ending
I've enjoyed this intense match up
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 9, 2016 9:44 PM
Feb 2016
Oh man this show got me so emotional ;_;

I have to agree that in this final tournament Tsukki is definitely the MVP because without him I doubt they can stop Ushijima's attack. Of course everyone did their best as well be it in physical attack or mental support.

Guess it'll be a while till the next season comes. So sooo gonna wait patiently for that.
Dec 9, 2016 9:46 PM

Nov 2014
That was absolutely amazing.
Easily 10/10

I really hope for another season
Hi there
Dec 9, 2016 10:01 PM

Aug 2011
Welp it's over... Had a massive adrenaline rush during that last rally. Still feeling kinda high from it as we speak lol

Tsukiii MVP!!! Daichi, Nishinoya and Tanaka deserve some praise as well. I can't imagine how this match would've turned out without their constant support.

No S4 for a while it seems , since Suga's voice actor is going overseas to study next year T_T
Dec 9, 2016 10:27 PM

Feb 2016
another masterpieces added to my list. thanks to I.G for their works :D

need to restrain for reading the manga, and waiting for next season
Dec 9, 2016 10:41 PM

Oct 2011
its.over nooo. Season 4 PLEASE
Dec 9, 2016 11:15 PM

Dec 2011
Great season 3 and great match :)
They sure know how to tease fan with the National training and only Kageyama is chosen to attend it.
Dec 9, 2016 11:29 PM

Mar 2013
What an incredible finale.

The battle for the last point was enthralling! But still not as good as penultimate episode of S2 against Seijo's team.

But damn, the animation and OST for the first half was so on point. It got me all revved up haha.
Also, I loved the symbolism of Ushijima (the eagle) pinning down Karasuno (crows) while the teammates helps them and fights together.

I found it funny how third years were rejoicing while crying out but the first years remained dumb founded after their victory XD

And yes, Tsukishima was indeed MVP of the match. Happy to see his character growth and the spotlight he was given in the season :D
I enjoyed Tsukishima and Tendo's reactions throughout the show. Dunno about others but watching Tendo and his antics during the match was fun lol

Overall, it was a good finale but sad HxH slipped in the rankings because of the anime D:
FinalFlash18Dec 9, 2016 11:48 PM
Dec 9, 2016 11:42 PM

Nov 2009
I love this series. Season 4 will be a long wait.

Tsukishima's development was amazing to see and it was great to see Nishinoya get his moments too.

Kageyama is a boss as usual.

9/10
Dec 10, 2016 12:08 AM

Dec 2012
I need more!!!! This episode was perfect! I got so emotional during the match and when they won I broke up. I can't find words to describe how I love all these characters *v*.
Thank you for this amazing season. After reading the comments, it's too bad that they didn't put all the scenes with Shiratorizawa, but it was already so good.
Haikyuu!! definitely stays in my top3 (^.^).
Dec 10, 2016 12:27 AM

Jan 2016
What a season, what an end!
Seriously, this was Slam Dunk tier. Reminded me of the intensity and full of emotions and epic scenes of the Shohoku vs Sannoh match
I strongly recommend all people to read the Haikyuu manga, it's fantastic as well as the anime
Dec 10, 2016 2:28 AM

Jan 2016
Aghhhhh shouldn't have read the manga before watching this season. If I hadn't I probably would have enjoyed this ten times more :'(

Btw, I liked the after credits scene better in the manga. Should've done that in the next season so they wouldn't have had to rush it :<

I'll still rate this 10/10 'cause im biased lolololol I love you haikyuu <3 (Although I don't want to see it above hunter x hunter bc hxh's still the best :L)
ZachirinaDec 10, 2016 2:32 AM
Dec 10, 2016 2:38 AM

Jul 2014
This episode... no, this entire anime and not just this season but from the start 'til now is PURE GOLD. So much feels for a sports anime I thought I'd never feel since regardless of the sport it's centered on, it usually goes on and ends as if it's nothing new. But Haikyuu.... even if it still ended as all the others (with the main team winning) it still got my heart racing and feeling so tense just watching it!!

I really hope and actually expect a season 4 somewhere down the line. Maybe not anytime soon since I assume the manga doesn't have much content yet. I actually read the manga up to somewhere in the middle of the Shiratorizawa vs Karasuno match and stopped because it got too tiring waiting for an update. I'm glad I did since it made watching this season more of a suspense. I'm sure there isn't enough to make another season whether 1-cour or more. I'm willing to wait though. I love Haikyuu!! I give it a big 10/10!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 10, 2016 3:06 AM

Sep 2013

Why is Kageyama immune to Ushijima's genjustu?
Dec 10, 2016 3:32 AM

Aug 2012
windmillness said:
hirahira said:
I have so many mixed emotions. On one hand, I'm flailing over the scenes I love that were animated but so mad that they cut out one of my favorite scenes in this whole arc.

The anime staff must hate Shiratorizawa because they keep cutting out their scenes. They made Ushijima look like a monster and cut out the whole scene that showed just how important his team is to him. That scene made me cry and I was so looking forward to seeing it animated.

Anyone who wants to start the manga now, start from chapter 190.

Honestly, after reading the manga I did not get very much emotionally invested in Shiratorizawa, but the anime creators seem to really ill-treat the team. The boys did not get enough screentime (background stories, interactions). In the manga I sincerely admired Tendou's abilities despite his creepiness, but in the anime he appeared even repelling at times.

By the way, what's your fav. scene that you mentioned? :)

I really liked his creepiness.
Dec 10, 2016 4:47 AM

Apr 2016
The worst thing about this season is that it almost caught up to manga therefore we won't be getting another season for a while.

Easy 9/10 for me.
Dec 10, 2016 4:52 AM

May 2016
OMG OMG!!! That ending <3

I mean i'm so hyped!

AND IT JUST ENDED <3

Dec 10, 2016 5:37 AM
Apr 2016
hirahira said:
I have so many mixed emotions. On one hand, I'm flailing over the scenes I love that were animated but so mad that they cut out one of my favorite scenes in this whole arc.

The anime staff must hate Shiratorizawa because they keep cutting out their scenes. They made Ushijima look like a monster and cut out the whole scene that showed just how important his team is to him. That scene made me cry and I was so looking forward to seeing it animated.

Anyone who wants to start the manga now, start from chapter 190.

They may actually show that in the first episode of S4 though. I know it doesn't make much sense but I refuse to believe that they'll skip it just like that.

P.S. Keep in mind that what they showed in the last scenes were things that happened in chapter 207... so yeah :D
DonQuixote93Dec 10, 2016 5:48 AM
Dec 10, 2016 5:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
and now, wait the next season xD
Dec 10, 2016 6:18 AM

Dec 2013
I. Loled. Hard.

They've ruined grande finale with some bullshit. ^^
Dec 10, 2016 7:54 AM

Apr 2014
emotionally thrilling episode damn. But I'm quite disappointed that they didn't include the Shiratorizawa reunion. It was such a beautiufl scene and reminds that it's not only karasuno centered....
Dec 10, 2016 8:11 AM

Aug 2016
aryaford said:
i need to read the manga after watching last episode, what chapter ?

the chapter after the game is chapter 190 ^^
Dec 10, 2016 10:02 AM
Aug 2016
I loved it how you saw hinata and tsukishima feeling down due to ushijimas strength then him pressing the two of them down and the others covering for them trying to get em up
honestly i am not even sure if they want to make a season 4 i thought season 3 will be the end because it showed only their fight with shiratorizawa and nothing else
Dec 10, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
Nicely concluded, with a hope for next season as well. :)

Yahoo! Kageyama, congrats for getting one step closer to being in National team. Kageyama setting for Ushiwaka, Japan team would be invincible, eh? I don't know if the author will ever be writing something like that, so I'll just post my idea of best team here:
Kageyama, Ushiwaka, Nishinoya, Aone, Kuro, Bokuto, Hinata/Lev.
Dec 10, 2016 10:20 AM

Apr 2016
Torrible said:

Why is Kageyama immune to Ushijima's genjustu?

Hehe, probably because they want to show the senpais helping out the juniors. Also, Kageyama is actually on another level altogether, he doesn't feel intimated ever (except when facing Oikawa).
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2016

253 by selasgamer »»
Aug 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

144 by selasgamer »»
Aug 28, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

214 by nirererin »»
Aug 10, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

130 by nirererin »»
Aug 10, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

118 by nirererin »»
Aug 10, 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.