Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2016 3:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ooh somewhat of an interesting flashback regarding Inasa right there.

That Killer Whale quirk can also come in quite handy. I'm ready to see Deku kick some ass.
Oct 13, 2016 6:19 AM
Aug 2016
Really simple background for Inasa. It's not bad for se but would like to know more about his Ideal of Hot Blooded Hero, so his reaction to Endavour and Shoto would make more sense.

Deku Save the day....I Hope Shindou have some ace in the jacet or is just playing a role
Oct 14, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
Finally translated.Inasa was a Endeavor's fan,but when he asked for an autograph he only showed his coldness and rage.The same happened with Todoroki.Now he holds a grudge against them and doesn't recognize them as heroes.These two face Orga,but they cannot cooperate and Shindou,who was paralyzed by Orga's attack was nearly hit by their attacks,but Deku saved him,while being angered with both of them.I think next week they will finally cooperate.
Oct 14, 2016 12:18 PM

Oct 2015
Really, Inasa? REALLY?! This guy held onto it for years! XD

Midoriya is not having it. He came to get his license and these guys are fucking up rn.

On the other side, I really appreciate the thought going into a governing committee that sets the guidelines for the schools' thresholds almost like any normal school committee. It would be easy to just forgo this and have little political influence present in the manga outside of the school but the extra effort adds a layer of believability to these superhero schools.

I also liked that Horikoshi established that All Might's power and charisma was an incredibly unique thing and instead of simply waiting for another All Might which would most likely never come, he used the character as a symbol to propel a generation of heroes that will compensate for lacking All Might's unique combination of power and charisma with a group of heroes who may possess these qualities individually. It excuses the trope of teenagers outclassing the previous generation and also means All Might will remain a very distinguished symbol in this manga which is a great thing. Far too many Shounen have the older generation become obsolete to a bunch of teenagers.

Finally, I am pleased to know that not only does Todoroki still hold a deep resentment towards his father, he is also capable of becoming emotional and failing just like any normal person. He's not just the archetypical stoic, cool guy just because he's strong. Likewise, Inasa's sensitivity and pettiness is refreshing for someone as skilled as he is, but I can easily see people finding it "lame" that they aren't the cliche stoic, cool, badasses.
Oct 14, 2016 12:54 PM
Aug 2016
I think that the "autograph" is not that important for se. Inasa reason to hate Endavour is a lot similar to Stain (the Shiketsu tescher even point out that Stain ideals Hit his students too). For him Heroes should be energic/Happy/Hot Blooded move by passione,but when he come up with Endavour he find him the exact opposite of his ideals of Heroes . I think it actually make sense ...I don't think its a "he didn't sign me an autograph so he is bad" but more on the character itself. As for Todoroki , I love how his "injury" is still fresh and Inasa just revamp it...Most of the time shonen manga are Huge trauma,Mc make him come back to sense,trauma fully overcome.
Oct 14, 2016 2:31 PM

Dec 2013
They really need to stop their petty fighting. Minus points for them!
Oct 14, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
Inasa my boy, thats the very definition of overreacting -.-

I loved how Deku "saved the day" at the end.
Oct 14, 2016 3:48 PM

Dec 2015
Nothing like holding a grudge. The funny thing is he hates Endeavor and Todoroki because he does t view them as Heroes with Hero qualities but his hatred for them and this grudge has him acting that very same way, kinda. If a small kid was to watch him I doubt that kid would view him as he would Izuku - who has those ideals.
Oct 14, 2016 4:42 PM
Sep 2012
So in the middle of an exam, they are going to fight when nothing to gain, over some pity reason. I mean come on. I don't blame Deku for being furious.

It is like Natsu and Gray all over again, bunch of idiots, at least this is just an exam and not a real war like in Fairy Tail, but at least Gray has a real reason that is not piety, misplaced yes, but better reason than this guy, "your dad was mean to me" cry me a river.

Still good chapter, I like the idea instead of relying on one great hero, let's find a team, that is smart of them, and puts less pressure on Deku.
Oct 14, 2016 5:58 PM
Jan 2014
One of the best chapters of this arc imo
Explained the whole general purpose of the exam. "Instead of looking for the next All Might, we should focus on strengthening hero's as a whole". I thought that was the best thing and shows how they're learning from Kamino and preparing the next gen for worse

Some good action with Gang Orca

Inasas past, also directly relates to what the teacher of Shiketsu was saying last chapter about Stains values having direct impact on the Shiketsu students and it'll soon leave em down a dark path. In this case Inasa feels hatred towards the likes of Endeavor because he's not what a hero represents.

More interesting development for Shouto. With Inasa proclaiming that Shouto looks just like Endeavor, it's making him question if he really at all has changed from his past self. Previously in the series it was brought up by Stain that people don't change that easily. Would be interesting to see where this goes. Don't Shouto will really change unless Endeavor changes also.
Oct 14, 2016 6:07 PM

Dec 2012
Gang Orca doesn't mess around. I like him.

So that's why Inasa doesn't like Todoroki & Endevour.

Todoroki & Inasa need to get their act together or they will both fail.

Deku with that save at the end.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 14, 2016 10:43 PM

Dec 2015
Damn it Endeavor! for making things worse, again! I kinda get where inasa's rage is coming from, It's not that he didn't get an autograph but I think it was because the image of the hero he looks up to so much was completely ruined at that moment. Poor shouto getting all the hatred because he is endeavors son.

Hopefully Deku would step up and give this two some sense. It would be totally hilarious though if Bakugou suddenly pops out of nowhere and tells Deku "YOU PIECE OF SHIT! YOU'RE IN MY WAY!" and all three of them would be like Whaaaaaaaaaaa? hahaha! (which will be impossible to happen btw, but that would be priceless!)

Wonder whats gonna happen next, It would be a surprise if two of the most OP students (inasa and todoroki) fails the exam. we'll see
QueenSapphireOct 14, 2016 11:31 PM
Oct 15, 2016 2:35 AM

Jun 2014
Inasa and Todoroki need to cut it with this petty drama and focus on passing this exam. They have all the time in the world to settle this shit later, I probably would have reacted the same way as Deku. What the hell are they doing?
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 15, 2016 3:30 AM

Dec 2014
Good Chapter.

Interesting discussion in the beginning, It was pretty cool to see that the hero committee decided to use hero groups portraying unity to fill the hole that All Might left, They're probably right when they say that someone with power and charisma like him is way too rare. I'm glad to see All Might's name will forever being inscribed in history as a legendary hero, I hope there's a flashback at some point dealing with All Might's rise to the top.

As for the exam, That Killer Whale quirk seems quite good.

I agree with @Big_Gammy opinion that the reason Inasa hates Endeavor is not because of the autograph but because he wasn't the ideal hero that he expected him to me, He didn't fit the ideal hero archetype and that's why he hates him and seeing Todoroki give off similar vibes back during the entrance exam probably had the same effect. It kinda makes sense now as to why they were influenced by Stain's ideals.

Interesting to note that Todoroki is still struggling to overcome the influence of his father.
Also Deku's right, That was no place to be making petty drama. Loved the way he saved that guy at the end.
Oct 15, 2016 5:03 AM
May 2015
meh 7/10 expecting the next arc to be better
Oct 15, 2016 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
oryo23 said:

It's not even over yet.
Oct 15, 2016 4:17 PM
May 2015
MajinAkuma said:
oryo23 said:

It's not even over yet.
i know but i feel like if i compare it to the other arcs, it does'nt have too much to go for and i think it is the worst one yet (maybe it is becuz i binged the other arcs so i got all the fun at once)
Oct 15, 2016 6:22 PM

Sep 2012
So two of the Shiketsu students are angry stain influenced babies and one of them runs around naked. So far the series has a lot less fan service than others, so hopefully there is a good reason for said nakedness.
Oct 16, 2016 11:56 AM

Feb 2013
RaySapphire said:
Damn it Endeavor! for making things worse, again! I kinda get where inasa's rage is coming from, It's not that he didn't get an autograph but I think it was because the image of the hero he looks up to so much was completely ruined at that moment. Poor shouto getting all the hatred because he is endeavors son.

Hopefully Deku would step up and give this two some sense. It would be totally hilarious though if Bakugou suddenly pops out of nowhere and tells Deku "YOU PIECE OF SHIT! YOU'RE IN MY WAY!" and all three of them would be like Whaaaaaaaaaaa? hahaha! (which will be impossible to happen btw, but that would be priceless!)

Wonder whats gonna happen next, It would be a surprise if two of the most OP students (inasa and todoroki) fails the exam. we'll see

Bakugou blunt but not stupid. Lately his teamwork has been on the rise, he also has the ability to inspire people in a different way then Deku.
Oct 16, 2016 7:29 PM

Dec 2015
PoisonedTea said:

Bakugou blunt but not stupid. Lately his teamwork has been on the rise, he also has the ability to inspire people in a different way then Deku.

EH? I just felt like the tension between Shouto and Inasa are rising up and Kachann has always been my breather, this boy cracks me up everytime. Love his antics! and I'm excited to see what his team will do to pass this round.
Oct 18, 2016 1:45 PM

Aug 2013
SwordsmanDan said:
So two of the Shiketsu students are angry stain influenced babies and one of them runs around naked. So far the series has a lot less fan service than others, so hopefully there is a good reason for said nakedness.

I assumed Camie getting naked was just a side effect of her Quirk, no? Dispelling her disguise doesn't allow her to keep her clothes, something like that.
Shradow115Oct 19, 2016 7:43 AM
Oct 19, 2016 10:00 AM

Jul 2010
Oh I finally caught up to the latest chapter! I guess the next one will be coming soon eh?
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Oct 19, 2016 10:01 AM

Aug 2016
Deku at the end here is just like him saying: "All of you guys get your shit together!" honestly don't blame him for being this mad. Everyone is making petty arguments. Also, shows how much our little Deku has grown up. Todoroki is still mad at everyone mentioning his father, like give the poor guy a break. He's obviously not going to concentrate and get riled up easily. Deku actually has some common sense compared the everyone else currently in this exam.
Also love how they are not looking for the new All-Might anymore but focusing on strengthening everyone up. I feel like the political side of the manga is really important and it feels like this is how a super-society should work.
Oct 19, 2016 10:42 AM

Jan 2010
The beef with Todoroki is really affecting the two best hero prospects during this round and I really like that aspect. Heroes have a lot on their plate so the way they treat common citizens and heroes in waiting should also be on their mind. It isn't and has lead to this situation which will hopefully act as a catalyst for growth in many of the characters affected by it. The Orka Hero was funny and I like the fact that the villain wrinkle was introduced. Deku was right to be upset with them at the end. I am definitely hyped to see how this get reseolved
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Dec 18, 2016 11:56 PM

May 2016
I like their methods~ Instead of having one super-powerful mascot, why not make them all powerful by working together?

Looks like Endeavor's cold attitude was the reason why Inasa hates Todoroki so much. As a kid who looks up to the greatness of heroism, unexpectedly experiencing the exact opposite treatment from your favorite hero first-hand can be very traumatizing. But now's not the time... Even Gang Orca had to stop fighting for a second xD

Deku's not gonna let them fuck it all up for him :o That last-second save was hardcore.

Aug 3, 2017 6:05 AM

Feb 2013
It's ok to hate Endeavor, he sucks.
But Todoroki is cool.
Deku is mad though, they forgot about the exam.
Nov 1, 2017 4:55 AM

Jan 2014
Deku actually the one who get the gist of the situation.
Mar 23, 2018 10:21 PM

Aug 2016
Ahh so that's why he has such hatred against Todoroki and Endeavor.

Set by SenpieX
Mar 7, 2022 8:14 AM

Feb 2021
Bruh Inasa and Todoroki aren't working together.

Welp Inasa sure met both of them at the wrong time.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Aug 14, 2022 10:20 PM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
God, this idiot irritates me so much.

More topics from this board

» When will the chapter count be updated?

Ellenwitch - Yesterday

3 by AriLumani »»
7 hours ago

» question about the ending

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

17 by MalyRBT »»
Yesterday, 3:20 PM

» 👑 Boku no Hero Academia Character Ranking 👑 ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Sep 5

70 by UberBat »»
Yesterday, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 390 Discussion

Kuma - Jun 1, 2023

36 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 14, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 380 Discussion

Kuma - Feb 17, 2023

44 by Masterdude1023 »»
Sep 12, 12:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.