Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (42) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2016 7:27 PM

Aug 2015
terminador_2397 said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:
I was so hyped up and excited after watching this episode that I watched it again to calm myself down. Even after watching it a second time I was too overexcited and hyped, so I decided to watch Mars of Destruction. And now all my hype and happiness is gone. Along with my faith in anime.

You watched Mars of Destruction...RIP

For the first time ever...I'm gonna go watch episode 15 again and be happy again.
Jul 10, 2016 7:29 PM
Jun 2016
I hate Subaru but my God I love this show. Have no idea what's going on or why but I can't wait to see how this whole thing unfolds.

The number of extremely powerful characters that continue to appear and wreck shit making the main charterer look so fragile really adds to the shows tension for me. It's clear ow Subaru won't be getting asspull powerups or something but instead has to lean on other powerful characters.

Also, glad to see Subaru finally out of that funk, for better or worse, and ready to get shit done. I don't care if he becomes an ass ( well he already is one) manipulating people, just be something please.

One intriguing thing about this episode was how different the events at the mansion were between the first time he goes there and the second time. Was Emilia still alive the first time? Since there was no rampaging furry monster and it seems she was holed up in some type of bunker protected by ice magic. Ram also died in a different location as well. Events seemed to unfold somewhat differently when Subaru was captured by the cult. Just found the differences interesting. Never see Roswaal, Beatrice, or Emilia either time which was a bit cryptic to me.

Clearly if Subaru wants to save his obsession (Emilia) he's going to need to get the aid of some pretty badass people (like the Knights) since there's no way he and Rem could pull off any type of rescue (looks like he's finally realized he can't do shit himself) as these events seem pretty unavoidable. The cult will attack, Rem will realize it due to her connection with Ram, and pretty much everybody will die.

Can't wait to see how he tries to resolve this mess.
Jul 10, 2016 7:30 PM

Dec 2008
sorry about the bad quality early, here is a better one...

namedriskJul 10, 2016 8:31 PM
Jul 10, 2016 7:32 PM
Jun 2015
That was one of the greatest episodes I've ever seen. This show just keeps getting better.
Jul 10, 2016 7:33 PM

May 2015
Holy sh*t! The amount of deaths this episode and gruesomeness were beyond crazy. Very interesting that we didn't get to see Emilia's corpse among all others(possibly insinuating that she was influential in this massacre knowingly/unknowingly). Also, that ending was the definition of HYPE!

Jul 10, 2016 7:37 PM

Aug 2012
Betelgeuse is fun to watch. His voice actor and movements fit a madman perfectly.

Rems second death was painful to watch. Pretty sad when she dragged herself to Subaru to free him from his chains.

The ending before the credits was interesting. I'm guessing the creature that breaks out of the mansion is Puck going mad after Emilia died.

Subaru seems composed now but eager for revenge.

Jul 10, 2016 7:39 PM

Aug 2015
@namedrisk
Would you put a spoiler tag for the GIF please? It's a little big.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 10, 2016 7:39 PM

Jun 2016
There were many things that I thoroughly enjoyed in this episode.
One of them being that the blood actually went on his eye. I know it seems minor, but when they all add up, it makes a great animation.
Secondly, it seems like he'll finally do something rather than just sitting there in shock watching everyone die. I hope he has a plan.

Sayonara Re: Zero... or should I say, c'ya next week!

(This is not even funny anymore. I need my weekly dose or else I'll collapse and look like Subaru. lol)
- Total victory is scoring an easy win by doing what you always do -
Karma Akabane
Jul 10, 2016 7:40 PM

Jan 2016
This was one of the best episodes this year, this anime is soo perfect i love it! Best episode so far for sure
Jul 10, 2016 7:42 PM

Apr 2012
What is this I can't even...
Whats worse than watching your favorite characters die? Watching them die again, and again, and again.

Damn I thought Iv'e gotten used to it by now but that Rem pretzel execution really got me.

Now I need to watch some moeshit and absurd romcoms to feel better again. Maybe some H on the side too.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?

May 2011

BACK TO THE BONFIRE

Jan 2011
RainyRai said:
terminador_2397 said:
I wonder if Digibro continued to watch re zero up to this point just see how wrong he was about this being an SAO clone.

Digibro said he isn't watching it, and he probably won't until people keep bothering him about it.

he said it was an SAO/any other generic light novel clone when the series literally just came out, which was an opinion that many others shared.

Much as Digi makes sense the only thing that felt SAO about it was the fact it took place in a fantasy world. I think people use the SAO comparison based on the source (LN) and it taking place in a medevil-like fantasy world. Which is a really broad spectrum though, I don't think it is a fair one. That's like calling Babylon 5 a star Wars clone or something because both take place in space. The fuck?
Jul 10, 2016 7:45 PM

Jan 2012
His mind finally broke
Jul 10, 2016 7:48 PM
May 2015
It's really funny to see people go on about how they hate the main character.
You got guys who go around saying he's really egotistic, self-absorbed, and that he's immature.

I mean - he's had his guts removed from his body twice from a psychopathic serial killer who gains sensual pleasure from doing so to her victims, he's slept to his death from a curse spewed from a deceptively innocent animal(not even aware of who did it), he's had his head crushed from a ball and chain by the girl he's getting intimate with on a daily basis(to only die to her yet again), fell to his death quite earnestly to be impaled by nature itself, and boy oh boy this isn't even the end of it.

But don't worry - Subaru is a failed character when compared to the almighty Kirito or Naruto. He's annoying and childish!

God if you still go on about how he's 'annoying' or whatever worthless empty founded insults you have, you are simply unintelligent and lack perspective.
Jul 10, 2016 7:50 PM

May 2011
SemeticBoy said:
His mind finally broke

Hollowing meng, gotta regain humanity at da bonfire
Jul 10, 2016 7:51 PM

Sep 2010
I cried.
Had a mental breakdown.
Cried some more.
Wanted to kill everyone.
Wondered why this is happening.
Then cried some more.
Wow, this series just made me personify as the main character.
Re: Zero 10/10
Jul 10, 2016 7:51 PM

Dec 2013
Oh my, Puck's true form was even more beautiful than I had imagined!
Lopping Subaru's head off was such a pleasure to see, though it remains to be seen just how his body didn't collapse to the ground once that happened. Heck, holding Rem in his arms should have pitched his headless corpse forward.

That said, I can't believe just who they took as Conti. Matsuouka you crazy sonovabitch! That performance was so good! Just the right portion of insane, but a little light on the negligently murderous bits. I was expecting him to nonchalantly snap that cultist's neck and rip him to shreds, but oh well.. there's always the next time.

And for those thinking Puck was being merciful... he really wasn't. He was blinded by rage because his charge (the eternal trophy Emilia) was slain, and he was just lashing out at everyone in the vicinity. His "Sleep with my daughter" was meant to be more of a "I'm going to bury all of you killers with her" and not some pity killing.

Also note that the first time that Subaru died whilst opening the door was also Pucks doing.

I am so excited for this latest revival, because Subaru's despair is going to hit it's peak! Next week cannot come soon enough!

NoValueNobs said:
It's really funny to see people go on about how they hate the main character.
You got guys who go around saying he's really egotistic, self-absorbed, and that he's immature.

I mean - he's had his guts removed from his body twice from a psychopathic serial killer who gains sensual pleasure from doing so to her victims, he's slept to his death from a curse spewed from a deceptively innocent animal(not even aware of who did it), he's had his head crushed from a ball and chain by the girl he's getting intimate with on a daily basis(to only die to her yet again), fell to his death quite earnestly to be impaled by nature itself, and boy oh boy this isn't even the end of it.

But don't worry - Subaru is a failed character when compared to the almighty Kirito or Naruto. He's annoying and childish!

God if you still go on about how he's 'annoying' or whatever worthless empty founded insults you have, you are simply unintelligent and lack perspective.

You forgot how he got knifed in the chest(or back, I forget which one) by thugs in the back alley because he ran his mouth and thought he could get away with it.
Just because he died a couple dozen times doesn't immediately make him not egotistic, self-absorbed or immature.
A lot of the stupid stuff that he gets himself into is purely because he was acting immature, self-absorbed and egotistic. The only reason why he didn't get into as much trouble as he should have was because he got lucky until this current arc.
He's a flawed character, the authors wrote him to be that way. If you cannot see all those things in the way he acts, then I would place my own doubts on your intelligence and perspective.
L-RyoshiJul 10, 2016 8:02 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 10, 2016 7:58 PM
Jun 2010
best ep of the series that was intense
Jul 10, 2016 7:58 PM

Aug 2014
I was hoping for Re:Zero to come on down and swoop my emotions off its feet again and this episode definitely did. Just kill best girl over and over again T___T

Yoshitsugu always delivers with his performances and his character here does a great job (at disgusting me), extra kudos to Subaru's seiyuu this episode, I can just feel the despair and hatred, I love it!

Of course, kudos to Inori Minase and Rem for being just perfect
Jul 10, 2016 8:07 PM

Sep 2011
I am still totally ticked at Subaru for snapping back in episode 13 - I even held off watching episode 14 for a week because I was so irritated. We have two episodes of Subaru being emo (which is what I didn't want to happen), but I suppose I'll forgive that since Subaru is totally broken as a result. Rem just can't get a break, can she? I'm a little disappointed at the animation team for breaking the shit out of her then making her look normal again as Subaru is carrying her out of the cave.
Jul 10, 2016 8:08 PM
Oct 2015
Just gonna leave that there

Jul 10, 2016 8:08 PM
Jul 2016
GUYS WHAT THE FUCK SOMEONE HELP WHAT IS GOING ON WAS THAT THE LAST EPISODE, WHATS WITH THE DECEIVING CREDITS. IS THIS LIKE A NICE BOAT ANIME? WHAT THE FUCK IM SO DISTROUGHT RIGHT NOW
Jul 10, 2016 8:09 PM

Feb 2008
Literally had my mouth open the entire time. This was such an intense episode. Gonna need some cute micropig videos to refresh myself...
Jul 10, 2016 8:10 PM

Aug 2015
Ben_Baugham said:
GUYS WHAT THE FUCK SOMEONE HELP WHAT IS GOING ON WAS THAT THE LAST EPISODE, WHATS WITH THE DECEIVING CREDITS. IS THIS LIKE A NICE BOAT ANIME? WHAT THE FUCK IM SO DISTROUGHT RIGHT NOW

There's ten episodes remaining until it ends arc 3 (and the anime). So no, it isn't the last episode.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 10, 2016 8:11 PM
Mar 2009
Subaru's status
- Has a respawn power
- But other than respawn, has nothing else, no other magical power and even his physical power is the weakest
- Can't talk about his respawn power with anyone and thus cannot convince anyone about the incidents of his past deaths

The only way for him to save anyone is:
A] figure out the source(s) of the problem
B] find a way to get rid of that source(s) using his wits and help of his friends

If Subaru respawns but is unable to change the events, which means he will keep on seeing the deaths of his comrades, over and over and over and over and over again. Even worse is that his friends would never know what Subaru had to go through to save them because in their "version of the world", Subaru has done little. Although he puts himself in the path of danger for them, but the real work is usually done by someone else (Reinhard, Rem etc.). So as far as everyone else is concerned, he is this weak man who will put himself in danger for his friends but is incapable of doing anything. Subaru has to struggle with this perception and Episode 14 epitomized this brilliantly with everyone around him telling Subaru how weak and incapable person he is!

And yet again, with all his internal struggles, he has to face the deaths of his friends, the girl he loves and the girl who loves him. He has respawn power but so what? He is weak. He cannot fight Betelgeuse no matter how much he struggles. And the only question is, is he doomed to face their deaths over and over again? Were the people in Episode 14 right that he is incapable of doing anything that he should just give up? That episode 15 follows on the heels of Episode 14 is just just just just just just just just just just just just just just just just just just just just so damn poetic! But the end of Episode 15, he has a new resolve. But what has he resolved to?

Subaru is the weakest and yet the most bravest MC in anime. I doubt most people in the real world can hardly even accomplish half the things Subaru does.

And yes, REM BEST GIRL!
Jul 10, 2016 8:12 PM

May 2015
i just say, this is the most cringiest episode i ever seen in my life, bloods everywhere, explosion, snowy scene, and Betelgeuse thou, you know..
btw, the ending scene was epic, Subaru eye's just like "I will get you, Betelgeuse!". Well done White Fox!
Visit our website, Loligane Indonesia!

Jul 10, 2016 8:16 PM

Oct 2015
This episode was truly fucking amazing. I cried my eyes out when Rem was pushing her self forward to be with Subaru and when she died T_T I was so shocked when his head just fell over like that and that OST made it so epic. I'm too hyped for the next episode, it's gonna be so badass from the look that Subaru made at the end.
Jul 10, 2016 8:16 PM

Aug 2012
Just pure insanity. There's nothing else to say. Top notch direction, and insanity. Puck was always suspicious and I felt like was being perfectly set up for something like this, and the direction just knocked it out of the park.

Oh and Rem is my fucking hero.

MetaThPr4h said:
This is the closest thing to a HakoMari anime adaptation I will ever see in terms of despair and mental breakdowns, this episode was just perfect, I'm speechless.
Was going to say the same thing. Since this started I thought it was going to feel a bit like HakoMari, which made me a little hopeful that that dream could someday come true. Now this episode happens and I'm ready to go beg Kadokawa and Masaharu to make that happen. This staff is the only one I'd trust to do it at this point, even if the level of adaptation difficulty is like ten times higher.
Jul 10, 2016 8:20 PM

Apr 2016
Best episode, godamn the ending got me goosebumps! going to watch that again
Jul 10, 2016 8:23 PM
Jan 2015
My..heart...hurts.

10/10 episode
My Queens

Jul 10, 2016 8:29 PM
Jul 2015
Sorry to the people that is saying this show will still get better from here on, but, how can this possibly get better than that? WTF
Jul 10, 2016 8:30 PM
Dec 2013
The look in his eyes, at the end, was perfect.
Manly tears of joy and excitement.
Jul 10, 2016 8:31 PM

Apr 2015
Shrimperor said:
@Aurioch

Yet Act 1 Subaru went into slums to see what was going on there there in the time he was with Emilia before he died.

Because he didn't know what was going on there, and he was pretty new.

Yet Act 1 Subaru called Emilia "Satella" in the middle of the town square, drawing attention of everyone around them, and it got so close to him accidentally revealing to everyone that Emilia lost Dragon Stone.

It's the name she gave him

Yet Act 2 Subaru casually called the strongest mage in the country "a clown" and even tapped his back, even though he was warned before that Roswaal returned to the mansion.

well, he pretty much looks like a clown :p

In Real Life Scenario
"Hey My really important friend is coming over. Try not to weird them out yeah?"
"Ok!"
*Friend comes over*
"Wow you look like a clown XD"
Jul 10, 2016 8:33 PM

Sep 2011
1704 votes
94.89% 5/5

Pretty much explains how great this episode is. Can anything top this episode's rating? wow.
Jul 10, 2016 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
Whoa... I don't even know what to say. I'm still shaking.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Jul 10, 2016 8:34 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This episode was extremely disturbing. This is too much! I wasn't ready for anything like it! O_O Everything was too heart-wrenching for Subaru to witness, my god.... Also that creepy madman Betelgeuse. I want that crazy bastard to die a horrifying death. And to think that this annoying lunatic is voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka. :P Kirito, Souma, Sora, Bell-kun WTF did you do to Hestia-sama?, and then Betelgeuse. F**K! xD

Ugh, watching this episode made me feel sick to my stomach. The brutality, the insanity, all that graphic violence. Just....dayum. That creepy ending where Subaru got decapitated as his lifeless body got buried in snow while that depressing orchestral music plays along with the credits roll... F**K! Nothing was left but despair. I need to take a break after watching this emotionally scarring episode....
Jul 10, 2016 8:35 PM

Jul 2013
I definitely picked the right time to marathon this series up to date. Holy shit. Never have I ever cringed that much while watching an anime. Disturbed beyond words; yet so good.
Can't wait for next week!
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 10, 2016 8:36 PM

May 2014
Rem ;-;.... RemxSubaru after this episode and that last line Rem tells Subaru after unlocking his chains....I ship them so hard now it isn't even funny. Emilia can never ever EVER come close to the goddess that is Rem.
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Jul 10, 2016 8:38 PM
Jul 2016
this gun be good, this gun be good
Jul 10, 2016 8:40 PM

Aug 2014
This episode was so savvy........ i loved it, but i felt sickkkk 5 minutes after watched it. Easily best episode yet IMO
Jul 10, 2016 8:42 PM

May 2012
I know this has been said already, but WTF I DID I JUST WATCH? No seriously, I didn't understand wtf happened.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jul 10, 2016 8:43 PM

Feb 2015
Brutal...Savage...Rekt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQiD4cBoz-Q
Sometimes during rare intervals of f*cktardation that spawn in my mind, I'll get intimate with peeled grapes.
Jul 10, 2016 8:43 PM

Mar 2014
Poor guy, never gets a break... things just keeps getting worse and worse, each time he solves a problem :P
Jul 10, 2016 8:44 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
This show... I can't even formulate a proper sentence about what this show is doing to me. I actually felt a little emotionally exhausted from that episode lol. Where could it possibly go from here? I keep asking that, and it keeps raising the bar. By the end of it, this could possibly be my favourite anime of all time.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Jul 10, 2016 8:47 PM

Jul 2015
AlexTheRiot said:
Was going to say the same thing. Since this started I thought it was going to feel a bit like HakoMari, which made me a little hopeful that that dream could someday come true. Now this episode happens and I'm ready to go beg Kadokawa and Masaharu to make that happen. This staff is the only one I'd trust to do it at this point, even if the level of adaptation difficulty is like ten times higher.

One can only dream for that day to come, but sadly it just looks so difficult to happen, for what I know, HakoMari sold average there (wow...), plus, like you said, how crazy difficult is to adapt it, HakoMari uses so many stuff that is wonderful if used in light novels, but so hard to make it work in anime.
Jul 10, 2016 8:58 PM
Jun 2016
I want to die so that I can revive myself and not watch this fucking AWESOME anime. I hope the next ep will have some sort of.. happiness which can make us laugh and forget all the pain that we have been through.
Jul 10, 2016 9:06 PM

May 2010
Betelgeuse is a rather strange name for a villian (or anything else).
Apparently it comes from the Arabic word for armpit of the giant.
Jul 10, 2016 9:10 PM
Apr 2015
StyxHelix said:
I want to die so that I can revive myself and not watch this fucking AWESOME anime. I hope the next ep will have some sort of.. happiness which can make us laugh and forget all the pain that we have been through.
i dont think it will be anytime soon cuz subaru is out for revenge now and well he is not the subaru that we know anymore
Jul 10, 2016 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
What a brutal episode. :I

But it's the best one so far.
Jul 10, 2016 9:15 PM

Nov 2014
Even tho I knew what was going to happen, I still don't like how the torture scenes were executed; Betelgeuse... well, it's just another over the top badly written sadist that we've seen millions of times in other anime shows, and, after so many bad examples, we're stuck with another one, as if the writers are incapable of writing a better villain without them being irritating due to their sadistic nature and those body tilting positions they always make.
Perhaps, this was (or is what I'm mostly going to be) what I'm annoyed with, especially with characters such as Betelgeuse and their annoying lines that make you go cringeworthy.

Another thing that annoyed me this episode was the twisting of Rem, especially her neck being twisted and still being alive, altho one can probably say that you can buy it because she's a demon and has healing ability. However, the scene, especially the cave scene was redeemable thanks to Rem and the way she acted before she fainted or die.

And lastly, the ending with Puck killing Subaru was quite nicely done, not something that you see often in anime.

P.S. For the love of God, writers, please learn how to create a fucking decent villain.
Major Apocalypse Now spoiler, as that's probably the best written mentally fucked up character.

And this is how you create something without the need of being overly edgy, ala the annoying cave scene.

So yeah, cave scene = bad scene, for me.
Pages (42) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season one on Crunchyroll?

SenshadouOtaku - 2 hours ago

3 by CatChud »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

539 by ionelHeredia »»
Yesterday, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1835 by Pruzkumak »»
Sep 24, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

513 by ionelHeredia »»
Sep 23, 8:27 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
Sep 21, 9:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.