Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 12, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was tense.

Seems like action picked up this episode and I kinda like how Kuon got a decent amount of spotlight as well despite struggling against her enemies and at one point losing control of herself. The bird is such an underrated character tbh. Loved seeing his role in the episode. Atui's also freaking awesome this episode.

The cliffhanger though...it's like they they're trapped like rats. I hope Haku and the others have a legit plan.
Stark700Mar 12, 2016 9:52 AM
Mar 12, 2016 9:37 AM
May 2010
having played the game its nice that they do another take on it, starting to wonder how they'll end it now >_>
Mar 12, 2016 10:03 AM

Jan 2012
Ok I'll admit, the bird bitch slap was pretty great. :D

Rest was okay, time to fight Vurai.
Mar 12, 2016 10:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That bitch slap made me smile lol

This episode was intense as fuck and I'm scared out of my mind now espxially because of that ending

I was proud of Atui and her dad but what shocked me was Kuon, HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE HELL DID SHE DO O_O
Mar 12, 2016 10:28 AM

Sep 2009
Tokoya said:

This episode was intense as fuck and I'm scared out of my mind now espxially because of that ending

I was proud of Atui and her dad but what shocked me was Kuon, HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHAT THE HELL DID SHE DO O_O

Considering WHO is her father, it's not a big deal.
Mar 12, 2016 10:29 AM

Jul 2007
So much foreshadowing and build up. And quite a bit of that is anime original.

This is episode of contrast and this whole final arc is that of contrasts

We continue to see the familiar and friendly setting in complete chaos. Everyone is out for themselves and the feeling of distress and desperation is further enhanced by everyone being separated into smaller groups, as Raikou seems to use his tactical prowess to herd them in.
Even the sight of Rurutie, the cheerful "innocent" girl of the group holding the knife against Kuon just drives home on how much everything is in chaos.

We get to see more of foreshadowing of Kuon's lineage. What happened here is not that surprising for UTWR1 viewers who have already figured out what it means.

We also keep seeing Haku being forced to live up to the expectations and legends the people around him built up through the show. He has never been a general or leader, he build a close group of family and friends and wanted to peacefully live through his days. Yet sadly, be it fate or karma,we do not know, keeps dragging him into worst situations possible. And he has to live up to his potential if he wants to survive. Thus we get to see more of his cunnnig and overall progress, as well as how perceptive he is when he wants to be(like noticing Oshutoru's injury). We also get to see how Haku's chores all over the city helped him to get an intricate understanding of city's infrastructure which is REALLY helpful in their survival.

We had a lot of build up and tension and that's what makes this great so far. I can't wait to see how rest of the story plays out.

Tokoya said:

Come on, its quite clear whose daughter she is. What she did here is par the course.

Of course vaporizing bunch of soldiers following orders and bunch of innocent civilians complete with their houses is not something anyone should be proud of tbh.

Lennevalkyrie said:
having played the game its nice that they do another take on it, starting to wonder how they'll end it now >_>

They are going to exactly same conclusions, even if in a different way. Even this episode had a lot of build up towards the same things as the vn.
AhenshihaelMar 12, 2016 10:37 AM
Mar 12, 2016 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
That was quite the game of cat and mouse they did this episode.

That kokopo slap was funny.

And damn! koun just destroyed shit, she really is powerful.
Mar 12, 2016 11:16 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Tokoya said:

'
Considering WHO is her father, it's not a big deal.
Obviously lol, but I didn't expect that at all nor did I consider that it was possible especially without a mask lol
Mar 12, 2016 11:18 AM

Aug 2008
Pretty intense episode. WOW! Kuon just destroy everything. Vurai is the final boss.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 12, 2016 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
It was an intense episode.

Haku and the others are going to fight against Vurai!
Mar 12, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
Not much that was exceptionally exciting other than Kuon's powers and the bird slap. And yeah, Kuon's powers really do make her parentage clear, don't they? No surprise that Vurai's going to be the final boss either; it's been pretty much inevitable since he was first introduced in such an ominous fashion way back in the early episodes.

Also, how typical of this series is it to make the fact that Haku was clearing the gutters before actually turn out to be useful?
Mar 12, 2016 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
ooo so kuon's actually op asf huh?
also it's about time vurai vs oshutoru
Mar 12, 2016 11:55 AM

Sep 2014
HOLY CRAP Kuon so AWESOME, Kurou wasn't kidding when he said that xD. Doesn't look like she can fully control that power though.

Kokopo's slap was pretty funny haha.
Atui was pretty cool too, also her dad :D

Lold at Nekone and Haku wanting to burn Ponpo's home and Oshutoru stopping them.
Guess all that gutter cleaning wasn't for nothing, sasuga Haku.

Fight vs Vurai should be pretty epic, can't wait!
Mar 12, 2016 12:47 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Even though I haven't watched the first series yet and only read some info online, but I think I know what Kuon's abilities mean O_O

4/5
Mar 12, 2016 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
I think what Kuon did there might have to do with the fact that she's Hakuoro's daughter. I might be wrong, but maybe she has powers related to the masks. Intense episode. I love this anime. Can't wait for next episode!
Mar 12, 2016 2:28 PM

May 2015
Holy crap. That Kuon. That was intense right there. Also, I really love that bird XD. That scene when the twins put their fingers in Haku's nose was funny as well, lol. But Vurai.... This is looking bad. Great episode.

Mar 12, 2016 3:46 PM
Nov 2010
The Atui and her father's moment was pretty cool, in my opinion. I'm interested in what's going to happen to the Haku/Oshutoru group next.
Mar 12, 2016 8:33 PM

Jan 2011
Better than the last. Action was decent and looking back it was better than mushing this and the liekly fight between Vurai and Oshutoro (sp?) It felt like it was lacking for some reason but I think that was because I anticipated this as the "big fight." Dunno how they're gonna wrap this one up nicely. Would've been good of this was like 30-35 episodes though, since they kinda emphasized that Purple haired girl from the invaders of Yamato earlier. Now they seem to have put her on the bus. Perhaps to emphasize how broken she has become due to the loss of her father. She'll probably make an appearance helping out her countryman in some domestic way or living secretly in Yamato doing the mentioned knowing anime.
Mar 12, 2016 8:54 PM

Jun 2010
not bad, two more episodes to go.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Mar 12, 2016 9:18 PM

Aug 2010
Seeing Kuon's power was pretty awesome. Nott surprising though. I'm guessing that's just a portion of her power seeing how Kurou said that she could destroy half of the country if she was serious.

That bird slap and the scene with Atui and her father was pretty great too. Laughed at Nekone and Haku wanting to burn the home down.

looks like Haku's group is going to have to face Vurai nest episode, looking forward to it.
Mar 13, 2016 12:59 AM

Dec 2013
Okay, one thing that has me majorly confused. The Generals and guards are suppose to be protecting the Royal family right? Why does it seem like the people who are chasing after Kuon aren't prioritizing getting the princess back safely, but instead are trying to kill her along with her "kidnappers"? I don't get it.

As for the rest of the episode, it was pretty standard run away from enemy who wants you captured/killed plot. Haku's knowledge of the sewage system in Yamato came in handy, and yet Vurai still managed to outsmart him. The issue of confused loyalties and all that kind of show that not all of the Generals believe the commands from the higher ups are fair and just. But that brings me to yet another question: Just who the hell is in charge right now? And is THAT person the main antagonist of this show?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 13, 2016 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
I'm enjoying this series much more than I did the first one. Even the characters here are more likable.

I like Oshutoru a lot and I fear what's about to happen. :(

I really respect Atui's father for deciding not to interfere with his daughter and letting her do what she thinks is right. Also, I wish Haku burned Dekoponpo's house down. It would serve him right.

Was Raikou behind the princess's poisoning? Was he plotting to frame Oshutoru all along?

Am I the only one who likes the idea of Haku and Nekone together? I don't know but I think they will make an interesting couple. Haku/Kuon is a bit boring for my taste.
HatsumiShinoguMar 13, 2016 1:27 AM
Mar 13, 2016 1:10 AM

Jun 2013
holy crap Kuon is so strong!! and that bird is loco
Mar 13, 2016 1:21 AM

Jul 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Okay, one thing that has me majorly confused. The Generals and guards are suppose to be protecting the Royal family right? Why does it seem like the people who are chasing after Kuon aren't prioritizing getting the princess back safely, but instead are trying to kill her along with her "kidnappers"? I don't get it.

Because for some it might be better for them if she died and could blame the death on the kidnappers?
It's a very a unstable political climate, and not everyone is loyal to Anju, only to the emperor who is now dead.
Mar 13, 2016 3:20 AM

May 2014
This fake-Lelouch...so pitiful...
Mar 13, 2016 3:34 AM

Jul 2007
L-Ryoshi said:

The "safety" part already fell off when someone in their midst poisoned her.
The princess is a political tool at most and its obvious that for some generals her dying seems more beneficial.
But that brings me to yet another question: Just who the hell is in charge right now? And is THAT person the main antagonist of this show?

Nobody.
While Generals commute to decide things right now, each and every one of them has their own intentions and vision for the country.
Mar 13, 2016 4:16 AM

Aug 2008
I'll be damned if I put way more effort into commenting this episode than people who made it, so just three short points:
1) Kuon's power smells of bullshit ex machina at this point. They will need a damn good explanation for how changing into a giant monster and reviving people turned into glowing and blowing stuff away.
2) Rururite got some sense bitchslapped into her by an overgrown chicken. It says quite a lot about how good character she is...
3) At some point I went away to check the temperature outside without pausing the episode and it was the most interesting and enjoyable part of it.

Of course vaporizing bunch of soldiers following orders and bunch of innocent civilians complete with their houses is not something anyone should be proud of tbh.
Funny how a few episodes back someone was praising Kuon for "trying to end the war" by getting soldiers of Tusukuru killed...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 13, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
tHINGS ARE GETTING TENSE ....
Mar 13, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2016
Looks like Kuon is starting to have her inner power's from Haku (season one Haku) come out when her life is in danger. Very interesting turn of events. I doubt the story will wrap up this season so can't wait for a third season.
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Mar 13, 2016 12:26 PM

May 2010
Antanaru said:
I'll be damned if I put way more effort into commenting this episode than people who made it, so just three short points:
1) Kuon's power smells of bullshit ex machina at this point. They will need a damn good explanation for how changing into a giant monster and reviving people turned into glowing and blowing stuff away.

+1000 for 1), exactly what i thought...

This episode was ok but i still think this season is very bad compared to the first, i just can't like the ecchi, the humor, ...
Mar 13, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2007
KamiChi said:
Antanaru said:

This episode was ok but i still think this season is very bad compared to the first, i just can't like the ecchi, the humor, ...

You DO realize that the first season involved the MC boning almost every single female in the cast, right?
AhenshihaelMar 13, 2016 2:19 PM
Mar 13, 2016 4:22 PM
Dec 2012
Fai> Not sure why you are trying to reason them. At this point it is pretty clear they are a bunch of trolly haters who decided they would hate the show no matter what. Let them keep their nostalgia deluded glasses on and pretend first season was any better.
Mar 13, 2016 4:25 PM

Oct 2011
I hope Vurai helps them
Mar 13, 2016 4:32 PM

Oct 2015
Intense episode,wasn't expecting that slap.Loved Nekone and Haku's face when they were thinking of torching Dekoponpos place.Finally got to see some of Kuon's power and damn.Going to be a big fight next episode and then only one to go.I wonder how big a cliffhanger we are going to be in for.
Mar 14, 2016 4:03 AM

Aug 2008
@the_ppn You basically grabbed someone's bag and try to steal it while yelling "Help, thief!".
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 14, 2016 8:07 AM

May 2010
Fai said:
KamiChi said:

You DO realize that the first season involved the MC boning almost every single female in the cast, right?

I forgot about that for the origins of Kuon, so yeah it's more believable.

Of course i know there was a harem in the 1st season but the ecchi part was well balanced. In the 2nd season there are episodes full of ecchi and bad humor!! It's just my opinion, i hate too much ecchi in anime, there's no need for that..
Mar 14, 2016 9:00 AM
Sep 2015
Well the bird is confirmed best character.
Mar 14, 2016 12:22 PM
Oct 2015
Episode was somewhat decent, but again the humour feels out of place. I still assume the anime is going to end pretty much in the same way as in the VN, so as to keep the door open for another season.

And speaking of which.

After re-visiting certain Kamyu scenes in the first VN and certain ones with Woshiu in the second game, and adding that to the painting from the newly released CM, I think I may have a good hunch as to what His Gayness's deal actually is.
Mar 15, 2016 1:07 AM

Sep 2013
Xynaps said:

That slap confirmed it
Mar 15, 2016 7:13 AM

Mar 2015
desertkona said:
Xynaps said:

That slap confirmed it

I almost lol'd to death.

Mar 16, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative presents the facts a bit haphazardly, the script in this case had to be better, it is an episode somewhat crippled with regard to the involvement, the quality of the drawings declined noticeably, good soundtrack.
What a shame, this episode has ruined a bit the final arc. D:
Mar 18, 2016 3:30 PM

Oct 2012
Hmmm. They are overstretching those episodes way too much, save one thing nothing really happened this time other than running.
So much for the pacing..

Now it's pretty obvious this will end with cliffhanger with them sailing to Ennakamui as they simply can't end this in last two episodes...
I bet they will explain NOTHING and go with 'to be continued' ending. Sigh.

It really angers me they did this intentionally as this show was clearly meant only as prelude from a start. Great way how to disappoint viewers!

Next time, Vurai will return mask to Oshutoru and let himself be killed in 'epic' battle of monsters. Well.

And WTF had Kuon done with that fire? Seems like she was possesed or her blood kicked in. Still, it was really out of place to use this ability here if nothing of those powers was even hinted in last 22 episodes (and before someone mentions Kurou - no, this is animated medium and that's precisely why they should show it not tell it. Not that I believe this was the first time she was ever in danger with her life).
Mich666Mar 18, 2016 3:54 PM
Mar 18, 2016 11:38 PM

Nov 2015
What did Kuon do? Omg. And Atui was a badass in this

Mar 19, 2016 2:24 PM

Jul 2007
Mich666 said:
Hmmm. They are overstretching those episodes way too much, save one thing nothing really happened this time other than running.
So much for the pacing..

There's nothing in this that could have been cut or removed. Showing the chaos in yamato is the point.

Now it's pretty obvious this will end with cliffhanger with them sailing to Ennakamui as they simply can't end this in last two episodes...
I bet they will explain NOTHING and go with 'to be continued' ending. Sigh.

NO shit? what gave it away? Surely it could not have been the fact that this is the MIDDLE game in the trilogy.

It really angers me they did this intentionally as this show was clearly meant only as prelude from a start. Great way how to disappoint viewers!

Its.
A.
Middle.
Game.
In.
Trilogy.

Itsuwari's purpose has always been to build up Haku and to tear down Yamato.

Still, it was really out of place to use this ability here if nothing of those powers was even hinted in last 22 episodes (and before someone mentions Kurou - no, this is animated medium and that's precisely why they should show it not tell it. Not that I believe this was the first time she was ever in danger with her life).

"They used a method I do not like to foreshadow it so it does not count"

Kurou's sentence and the knowledge of Kuon's parentage is enough of a foreshadowing. ITs clearly not something she can just spam whenever she wants.
Mar 19, 2016 2:52 PM

Oct 2012
Fai said:
Its.
A.
Middle.
Game.
In.
Trilogy.

Your own argument is contradictory because:
a) orignal Utawarerumono (admittedly the first part or the trilogy) told its own story, it had the beginning, middle and the end.
b) please explain what exactly do you mean by 'build up Haku'. If there is one character in this series who was given the least developement, it's definitely him (not that others - mainly the girls - were given much more).
c) the game that let's you play for who know how many hours (50+) and abruptly ends with 'to be continued' screen, explaining nothing is just a bad game. Some sense of closure or achievement is always needed to make the journey worth it. FFXIII for example was a trilogy too and every part was standalone. Not to mention this series was mostly just insignificant fluff and that's unforgivable.
Mar 19, 2016 3:30 PM
Oct 2015
Mich666 said:
Fai said:
Its.
A.
Middle.
Game.
In.
Trilogy.

Your own argument is contradictory because:
a) orignal Utawarerumono (admittedly the first part or the trilogy) told its own story, it had the beginning, middle and the end.
b) please explain what exactly do you mean by 'build up Haku'. If there is one character in this series who was given the least developement, it's definitely him (not that others - mainly the girls - were given much more).
c) the game that let's you play for who know how many hours (50+) and abruptly ends with 'to be continued' screen, explaining nothing is just a bad game. Some sense of closure or achievement is always needed to make the journey worth it. FFXIII for example was a trilogy too and every part was standalone. Not to mention this series was mostly just insignificant fluff and that's unforgivable.

To be fair, the game did have more character development (Nekone is much more annoying tough), and especially Haku, but many other characters still had lackluster development.

I've seen this game's ending being compared to Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC, and having played both, I can see the resemblance. Personally found those games to be phenomenal, so having a story being split in two is not necessarily a bad thing. And I certainly want to see how it turns out in the third game (Partly to see how everybody performs in the incoming shitstorm, partly because I'm rooting to see Hakuoro again.)

As for the anime, well, it's not finished yet, but really... I guess you could say the emotional investment isn't there as it was in the game. Haku feels like a totally different character here, for one.
Mar 19, 2016 3:43 PM

Jul 2007
LeanMeanMachine said:

As for the anime, well, it's not finished yet, but really... I guess you could say the emotional investment isn't there as it was in the game. Haku feels like a totally different character here, for one.

Not really? Anime Haku feels more realistic. The game one was a bit too gary-stu perfect, while Anime-Haku, while still being capable of reaching the levels of brilliance of game haku, is a whole lot more of a normal everyday person forced into unfavorable circumstances.

In the end, when the push comes to shove, he can perform as well as VN Haku. Its a different take on the same character - if the game is the "legend" that someone would write if it was written, then the anime version is the actual real life that legend would be based upon.
Mar 19, 2016 3:56 PM
Oct 2015
Fai said:
LeanMeanMachine said:

Not really? Anime Haku feels more realistic. The game one was a bit too gary-stu perfect, while Anime-Haku, while still being capable of reaching the levels of brilliance of game haku, is a whole lot more of a normal everyday person forced into unfavorable circumstances.

In the end, when the push comes to shove, he can perform as well as VN Haku. Its a different take on the same character - if the game is the "legend" that someone would write if it was written, then the anime version is the actual real life that legend would be based upon.

Huh, sure, whatever you say. Still like the game's Haku more tough! :)
Mar 19, 2016 9:22 PM

Sep 2014
So original Haku is her dad and that's why she can do this?
Mar 20, 2016 4:50 AM
Mar 2012
Ruru holding a knife was a sight to see. Great bird slap.
Kuon finally showing her true blood. Nice explosion.
Swordsman's 4 house rows of slicing's probably stronger than Kuon's first burst. Nice skill but bad tactic since it fell collateral damage.
I probably mentioned in an earlier sewage cleaning episode, that Haku might find the sewage useful later on. Nice their using the sol knowledge, but too bad it doesn't drain outside the city.
Quite cool how the soldiers reflect some motives from their respective commander. From Tactician's soldiers outright trying to kill the princess, simply following Deko and giving up midway, to redirecting the Haku group into Vurai.
gophercgMar 20, 2016 4:54 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

96 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.