Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2015 2:52 PM

Dec 2014
If the last episode didn't convince you that Megu-nee is a figment of Yuki's imagination, then this episode will. Though chances are that she was actually alive at one point, probably up until that rooftop scene that is. Most likely she acted as bait to save Yuki, Kurumi and Yuuri and then became infected and turned into a zombie. From that point on Yuki must have broke down and started to create illusions.

I wonder if Kei will become infected. Though I'm more interested in finding out whether Taroumaru is already or not, or if he will become so later on. And another thing, the ending song was just too beautiful...
Jul 30, 2015 3:03 PM

Feb 2011
Paulo27 said:
"Guys, how do we make it seems like it's an apocalypse?"
"Breaks all the windows, throw some random moss on top of the buildings and crack the roads."

about the windows i've a possible explanation:

maybe the zombies attack the windows when they see their reflection into them
so all the windows where zombies can reach are broken

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 30, 2015 3:08 PM

Mar 2014
Zeando said:
Paulo27 said:
"Breaks all the windows, throw some random moss on top of the buildings and crack the roads."

about the windows i've a possible explanation:

maybe the zombies attack the windows when they see their reflection into them
so all the windows where zombies can reach are broken
I jest, explosions from cars and shit could explain them, not the moss though, that's just random.
Jul 30, 2015 3:27 PM

Feb 2011
Paulo27 said:
...not the moss though, that's just random.

or the rust on the light poles
maybe in some years of abandonment, but it doesn't seem that much time has passed, it doesn't look even one year has passed since the outbreak
if it had been just ashes or powder that would have made sense even in a short time

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 30, 2015 3:28 PM

Mar 2015
Kei felt yuri vibes coming from Miki that's why she left. Jk excited for the next episode though
Jul 30, 2015 3:31 PM

Jan 2015
Swaggercandy said:
Kei felt yuri vibes coming from Miki that's why she left. Jk excited for the next episode though

Felt like the same, Miki looks really like a lesbian. I thought they were gonna kiss in a scene
Jul 30, 2015 3:42 PM

Aug 2014
Very good episode. We even had yuri moments!!

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Jul 30, 2015 3:47 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not sure exactly what words are appropriate for this but it was good at least
Jul 30, 2015 3:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Miki has quite the interesting backstory so far....It's sad how it's obvious that her best friend is going to die or is already dead at that point

Kurumi showcased why she is best girl and I freaking loved it and man they keep making it so obvious that Megu-nee isn't alive TwT

Dat ED song tho.....So beautiful
Jul 30, 2015 4:00 PM

Oct 2011
Glad they are actually animating their "field trip" to the mall, although missed some parts (Kei and Miki being the only survivors) and not for the same reason that it was in the manga, but nevertheless im happy with the adaptation still.

Next episode continuation of the flashback of the field trip arc and then Megu-nee arc please!!

Forum icon by Yandere

Jul 30, 2015 4:03 PM

Apr 2012
So driving in video games qualifies you to drive IRL.
Lol just like in Snakes on a plane.

Badass Kurumi is welcome!

THAT ED.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 30, 2015 4:07 PM

Dec 2014
Now it's getting there. ED song is pretty cool, too.
Jul 30, 2015 4:08 PM

May 2015
Great episode. Kurumi's damn beast, smashing them zombies. And also Miki's past with Kei. Sad thing. Great ED.

Jul 30, 2015 4:14 PM

Jan 2013
Kurumi, badass as always. They should seriously release a version without that dark aura shit so we can legitly see her bash and decapitate heads with that shovel of hers.

In my opinion the ED theme was a bit refreshing compared to the original just for the sake of the mood this series is supposed to give. Also, I like way Lerche changed the time of events compared to the manga. I just wish they didn't take out a certain part which several people have probably pointed out.
Jul 30, 2015 4:46 PM

Dec 2014
i wonder what they'll leave out of the anime that's in the manga, i hope they dont leave out too much
Jul 30, 2015 4:55 PM

Apr 2014
I will admited that Kei is a brave girl, but she is just way too dumb.
I don't know why, but I have an urge of wanting to kill Yuki and throw her off from the roof of the school building.
That driving skill from playing game can help with real life driving...I'm impress.
Jul 30, 2015 5:09 PM

Jul 2012
The mall arc thing is one of my favourite parts of the manga and this episode made me want to roll my eyes on the amount of IMPORTANT stuff they left out and that would make their choices and what was going on not seem so random.
While I liked that they showed how Taroumaru happened to get around them and how it all started I also felt the episode skipping a lot of 'horror elements', mainly in the 1st part of the episode... that and making Miki look much more weak than she actually is.

Also, I understand why many people would be confused as to why Kurumi and company would leave the school to go outside looking for suplies when they had that store at school full of stuff from what we saw in a preview episode... Well, basically because they changed a bunch of stuff from the manga and many things are being shown in flashbacks things get confusing and we don't really see a proper reason for them to do it.
In the manga they did the 'test of courage' while Miki was still not with them. They needed supplies so they went there and got them but the store was running low on those as well.
So basically some time after they decided to go out again because they needed stuff they couldn't get at school, that's when Yuki talked about the whole 'Outing' thing and they went to the mall, meanwhile finding Miki there.

What I mean is that while I did enjoy the episode I was hoping for something different I guess...
As much as I try to not to compare the anime to the manga it's something that comes to me involuntarily so I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being harsh >.<
-miraiiJul 30, 2015 6:03 PM
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jul 30, 2015 5:35 PM

Mar 2014
I thought it was interesting seeing Kei's sanity get slowly chipped away as the time she and Miki spent isolated increased. Kurumi's survival skills are also the most prominent out of the group since she made a nearly suicidal run through that large crowd of zombies. I wonder if Miki will ever find Kei's body in a hallway or something cause that would be pretty sad.
Jul 30, 2015 6:16 PM

Jul 2013
Kurumi BEST GIRL
So badass
Got a flashback from Miki's point of view
Nicely done I suppose.

Good episode.
Jul 30, 2015 6:37 PM

Apr 2013
if people seriously think megu-nee is still alive after she just suddenly appeared in the car after not being present for the entire sequence where yuki and rie are sneaking through the school then lmao.

the girls still continue to not respond directly to her presence unless noted by yuki first.
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jul 30, 2015 6:38 PM

Nov 2014
Today I realized this anime is fucking amazing. Miki's past is tragic
Hi there
Jul 30, 2015 6:43 PM

Apr 2013
Kotori_Sonoda said:

おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jul 30, 2015 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
mrkm said:
if people seriously think megu-nee is still alive after she just suddenly appeared in the car after not being present for the entire sequence where yuki and rie are sneaking through the school then lmao.

the girls still continue to not respond directly to her presence unless noted by yuki first.

yeah this episode pretty much confirmed it for me once you start remembering it's Yuki were talking about here,now the real question is how and when.

dat ending song doe "FeelsBadMan"
Jul 30, 2015 7:33 PM
Nov 2013
Another amazing flashback story via Miki's point of view, although if I was Kei I would have not separated from Miki just because I wanted to go outside. Kurumi was very bad ass at the end there, pretty good driving in that situation!
Jul 30, 2015 7:38 PM

Feb 2015
They could have done a better job adapting the mall scene. Not too sure why they decided to simplify it so much. I mean, they could still put the full thing in in the next episode (showing the interim between Miki/Kei running and them alone in a room), but I somehow don't think that's their plan any more, which sucks.

I'm starting to wonder why the writers are adapting it the way they are.

-Panda_Hero- said:
The mall arc thing is one of my favourite parts of the manga and this episode made me want to roll my eyes on the amount of IMPORTANT stuff they left out and that would make their choices and what was going on not seem so random.
While I liked that they showed how Taroumaru happened to get around them and how it all started I also felt the episode skipping a lot of 'horror elements', mainly in the 1st part of the episode... that and making Miki look much more weak than she actually is.

Also, I understand why many people would be confused as to why Kurumi and company would leave the school to go outside looking for suplies when they had that store at school full of stuff from what we saw in a preview episode... Well, basically because they changed a bunch of stuff from the manga and many things are being shown in flashbacks things get confusing and we don't really see a proper reason for them to do it.
In the manga they did the 'test of courage' while Miki was still not with them. They needed supplies so they went there and got them but the store was running low on those as well.
So basically some time after they decided to go out again because they needed stuff they couldn't get at school, that's when Yuki talked about the whole 'Outing' thing and they went to the mall, meanwhile finding Miki there.

What I mean is that while I did enjoy the episode I was hoping for something different I guess...

You're not alone in that. At first I thought the decision to start the show with Miki around was a good one, but this seemingly arbitrary rearrangement of the plot is taking its toll, and the mall scene in the manga was awesome. They could have made a good 2 full episodes out of it and it would have done wonders for establishing Miki's character . . but I guess they're trying to squish the entire plot into 12 episodes?
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 30, 2015 7:49 PM

May 2014
Shrimperor said:

I bet Wrong is having a field day with this episode *ehm*

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Jul 30, 2015 8:07 PM

Oct 2011
Miki's past in the mall + Taromaru

Goodbye Kei

Kurumi BAD@SS

Yuki and the gang are gonna resupply their stock.

Dat ED song T___T
Jul 30, 2015 8:14 PM

Jan 2015
People say:

"They didn't adapt really well the mall scene"

I have to agree, and to disagree. The part that we all loved was really hard to adapt. We needed 5-8 minutes, and where we take 5-8 mintues? They don't have a lot of time (we have just 12 episodes, if you want 1 half of the anime being a flashback...), since they (i think) are not going to do another FULL flashback episode but the 1st half flashback and the 2nd half actual progress with the Actual plot (i hope). At least the mall's scene felt more "psychological anime" than the manga wich is great to develop this genre, and not just Horror and SoL. At least. Defintely not as great as the manga but they can't adapt it panel by panel.
Jul 30, 2015 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
Fantastic episode ! Best so far :)
Jul 30, 2015 8:55 PM

Jun 2014
Xenocrisi said:
People say:

I have to agree, and to disagree. The part that we all loved was really hard to adapt. We needed 5-8 minutes, and where we take 5-8 mintues? They don't have a lot of time (we have just 12 episodes, if you want 1 half of the anime being a flashback...), since they (i think) are not going to do another FULL flashback episode but the 1st half flashback and the 2nd half actual progress with the Actual plot (i hope). At least the mall's scene felt more "psychological anime" than the manga wich is great to develop this genre, and not just Horror and SoL. At least. Defintely not as great as the manga but they can't adapt it panel by panel.

To be honest I found it way more psychological in the manga, that mall scene. It's probably because I think the events with the other survivors scarred them way more than the anime shows. But that's just what I personally think.
But let's be honest who wouldn't want more horror in an anime like this
Honestly as long as they adapt well
The mall was after those but it was still enjoyable. Too bad we won't feel the pressure in THAT scene next episode since we already know Miki is alive.
Jul 30, 2015 9:11 PM

Feb 2015
Xenocrisi said:
People say:

I have to agree, and to disagree. The part that we all loved was really hard to adapt. We needed 5-8 minutes, and where we take 5-8 mintues? They don't have a lot of time (we have just 12 episodes, if you want 1 half of the anime being a flashback...)

This drives me mad. I wish anime could just be written to take whatever time was needed to tell the story in full instead of insisting on squishing it into either 12-13 or 24-26 episodes.

Xenocrisi said:
they (i think) are not going to do another FULL flashback episode but the 1st half flashback and the 2nd half actual progress with the Actual plot

I still think they could fit the rest of the mall scene into the next episode if they were clever about it. We still don't know how Miki and Kei wound up in that room. It just cut from them running in the mall to them being holed up in that room. They could start the next episode with those scenes that took place in-between those two events, then fast forward to Miki's escape attempt.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it wouldn't break continuity for them to still include it in ep. 5.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 30, 2015 10:32 PM

Jun 2015
Another good episode~

That ED song tho.
Jul 30, 2015 10:52 PM

Mar 2013
Paulo27 said:
mwsmws22 said:

Wellllll....

Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 30, 2015 11:03 PM

Oct 2010
icirate said:
I still think they could fit the rest of the mall scene into the next episode if they were clever about it. We still don't know how Miki and Kei wound up in that room. It just cut from them running in the mall to them being holed up in that room. They could start the next episode with those scenes that took place in-between those two events, then fast forward to Miki's escape attempt.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it wouldn't break continuity for them to still include it in ep. 5.

Jul 30, 2015 11:29 PM

Oct 2013
Not my favourite episode thus far, but still really good. There are a number of scenes in this episode alone that continue to set the mood brilliantly. Miki shouting at Taroumaru, the simple foreshadowing that Kei was getting restless and wanted to leave the room, the masses at the mall slowly realizing and fearing what was going on, etc.

I was wondering if Megu-Nee was still alive during this flashback, as it seemed that the other two were talking directly to her at one point, but the moment she randomly appears in the car without showing her actually getting into it tells me she is still dead at this point in time as well. She is one of the most intriguing parts of this series, and I want to see what her whole deal is; if she is part of Yuki's delusional mind or whatever.

Also, Kei leaving the room makes perfect sense to me. Sure, it's stupid by a survival standpoint, but staying in a singular room for god knows how long is bound to make you pretty stir-crazy at some point. I mean, what's the point of surviving in the first place if all you are gonna do is sit in a room eating cereal for months on end? And they were bound to run out of food anyways, so they couldn'tve stayed in that room forever. At least at the school they have something to do to keep them occupied (gardening, cooking, Yuki's crazy delusions, etc.), so it makes some sense that they stay there for long periods of time.

There's really a lot to speculate and talk about with this anime, which is a reason why it's so much fun for me. Favourite show of the season for me thus far, and can't wait for more!
Jul 30, 2015 11:33 PM

Apr 2012
Lel, Megu-nee suddenly appearing like that in the car~

Would've been better if they actually showed her besides Yuki and Yuuri instead b4 they went inside the car. They just made it too obvious~ :'D
Jul 30, 2015 11:48 PM

May 2015
mrkm said:
Kotori_Sonoda said:

I'm LOL'd

OT: Finally we got Miki's flashbacks. Lerche did added Taromaru in this period of time though.

So far so good. Kurumi's BADASS-MOE approves :3
Jul 31, 2015 12:01 AM

Jun 2014
very good episode, already I want to see the next chapter :3

a fantastic ED :)

each time makes me sad these girls T__T
Jul 31, 2015 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
That was awesome, Kurumi was a badass!! This definitely confirms that Megu-nee isn't there, I want to see how it happened though. Kei is stupid, I get that you want to get out of there but leaving without a way to defend yourself or alone is basically suicide.

I honestly can't wait for next time.
Jul 31, 2015 12:30 AM
Sep 2010
Twinkieftw said:

My main complaints about it come from the Kei section, where I honestly felt no urgency about the apocalypse because they just kept jumping from safe place to safe place. I was especially expecting something more from when they were supposedly hiding in the dressing room, but it just jumped to them in a random room in the mall...completely safe and having all the supplies necessary to survive? Not that I didn't like the episode (love the scene where Miki screams at Taroumaru), but it seemed to me they were jumping to all the important "progress" bits without the build up.

I agree.

Xenocrisi said:
People say:

Honestly I think they could of adapted this better if they just cut the scenes with the main three and just focused entirely on Miki and Kei. Like what Twinkle said, they kept jumping around alot removing any sense of danger from the apocalypse (especially when they awkwardly cut to comedic bits with the main group). They could of just focused on the two and developed more on the situation they're in and show Kei slowly losing hope or whatever, leading to her wanting to leave, and then maybe end the episode with the bedroom scene with the main three. And then show the main groups bits next episode.
Jul 31, 2015 12:32 AM

Jul 2009
Paulo27 said:
mwsmws22 said:

They showed several big explosions around the town. I'm not sure why this is even surprising. The school was kinda far tho, so I have no explanation for that one.. I can understand dust particles from the explosion to affect the building, but the broken windows are a mystery to me. The explosions weren't strong enough to reach the girls' destination and knock the windows out, yet the windows seem to be broken from the outside.

Dreams_of_Neko said:
Well, they did have an alarm, but everyone still were confused, which is weird since we are talking about Japan here.

No no~
I don't mean the one in the mall...
I mean something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2a30--j37Q

<3?

Jul 31, 2015 12:45 AM

Jan 2013
I was killing myself trying to remember where I had heard a similar ED to the one of this episode, and I remembered where it was.

Jul 31, 2015 12:50 AM

Jan 2015
TokyoSanchez said:

Also, Kei leaving the room makes perfect sense to me. Sure, it's stupid by a survival standpoint, but staying in a singular room for god knows how long is bound to make you pretty stir-crazy at some point. I mean, what's the point of surviving in the first place if all you are gonna do is sit in a room eating cereal for months on end? And they were bound to run out of food anyways, so they couldn'tve stayed in that room forever. At least at the school they have something to do to keep them occupied (gardening, cooking, Yuki's crazy delusions, etc.), so it makes some sense that they stay there for long periods of time.

Finally someone with a bit of brain.
Jul 31, 2015 1:00 AM

Jan 2015
Aridus said:
Decision wise this episode was dumb. Why would anyone want to leave a safe place just because they were bored of the same room?

idk ask this guy
Jul 31, 2015 1:20 AM

Jul 2009
Xenocrisi said:
TokyoSanchez said:

you did read the "Sure, it's stupid by a survival standpoint" part, right?

<3?

Jul 31, 2015 1:35 AM

Jan 2015
LoveChild said:
Xenocrisi said:

Yes, i read all. And i still think it's a good choice.
Jul 31, 2015 2:50 AM

Jul 2007
LoveChild said:
Xenocrisi said:

If everyone relied only on logic, the world would be run by sociopaths.
Jul 31, 2015 2:51 AM

Mar 2014
CookingPriest said:
LoveChild said:

If everyone relied only on logic, the world would be run by sociopaths.
Good thing the people that don't, kill themselves, uh?
Jul 31, 2015 2:59 AM

Aug 2013
Wellp, bye-bye Kei. You're definitely dead.

I saw that scene where Miki woke up and bent over in the sleeveless shirt, gartered stockings or whatever the hell they were, and panties. You know you saw it too.

Not a Miki fan, but damn that was hot.

I still oogle every time that bouncing bone bounces off Yuuri's boobs in the OP.

Does anyone know what's up with the visuals for the zombies? Are they always blurry and obscure like that in the manga too? Or is it just an artistic preference by Lerche? Or is it their way of censoring and everything will be clear in the BDs?
Jul 31, 2015 3:21 AM

Jan 2015
Jonesy974 said:
Wellp, bye-bye Kei. You're definitely dead.

I saw that scene where Miki woke up and bent over in the sleeveless shirt, gartered stockings or whatever the hell they were, and panties. You know you saw it too.

Not a Miki fan, but damn that was hot.

I still oogle every time that bouncing bone bounces off Yuuri's boobs in the OP.

Does anyone know what's up with the visuals for the zombies? Are they always blurry and obscure like that in the manga too? Or is it just an artistic preference by Lerche? Or is it their way of censoring and everything will be clear in the BDs?

In the manga too. But later you'll see zombies' faces and they censored here and there violence and corpses.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2015

540 by heikkinench »»
Oct 13, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

513 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2015

323 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

291 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

382 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 9:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.