Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 25, 2015 5:15 AM
Aug 2008
Genix said:
Hell yeah. Politics on Earth were touched upon again. Once the rest of the earth fully realizes what a gold mine Japan has with the sole possession of the Gate, what would happen then? Imagine. If they (Japan) wanted... They could form an alliance with the magic side (in exchange with technology) and take over the two worlds :p

What I don't understand full well is what's the deal with the other world. Like, is it a world on the same universe of Earth? Is it part of an alternate reality (so same universe, but different reality)? Or, is it part of a totally different new universe?
The reason I'm confused there is because of Rori's name. Mercury? That smells of an alternate reality.

ThreePointer said:
When picking best girl in a series is like picking a starter in a new pokemon game

Hmm. I'd pick the Elf, Demigod and Magician, in that order. Why settle for one when you can have all three as best girls? :)

seems it's other world that have lots of similarly with our own world's. Their magic also works in our world, indicated by the gate that are working fine on our world
Jul 25, 2015 5:18 AM

Dec 2013
Loving this pacing. With the last three lines, they set up the upcoming two arcs perfectly.

As mentioned, this was a transitional episode, where the characters learn more about one another. The parts with Leilei learning more about the JSDF and Japanese customs and such, then conveying everything to the other refugees, was really quality. I loved how she was willing to even try on a bio-suit to do recon. Tuka beginning to show signs of PTSD, and whilst they did show part of the flashback, I'm a bit peeved they didn't show what actually knocked her unconscious in the well... XD

The politics in this show are slowly coming to the forefront, and they'll be receiving prominence in the arc after Italica. Loved how they showed the Chinese President talking about their population and their plans for the Gate, as well as the military guys discussion. No matter which way you look at it, the Gate spells a lot of trouble for the government of Japan, both in the new world and on Earth.

It's unfortunate that the Italica siege will be toned down like crazy, but I guess that's all A-1 can do. Let's just hope they'll do some wondrous editing like with the bandits to imply just how bloody, goory and inhumane the battle was.

Oh, and props for two minor scenes in this episode:
1.) Absolutely loved Itami's phone case. Seriously it was the only indication all episode of his hobbies.

2.) The scene when Rory and Tuka were talking in their temp housing, loved when the two little kids ran past the fence, and then ran back to sneak a peek at the guard there (who noticed them back).

Love how they don't scrimp on small details like that, even in the small scenes.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 25, 2015 5:35 AM

Feb 2014
A very good transitional episode. The politics are starting to play a big part in this show now. I wonder if it's a matter of when, not if, the other nations find out what's waiting for them beyond the gate. The Chinese president's initial plans to send a vast amount of his country's population through the gate sounds very worrying indeed.

It's also good to see Rory, Chuka, Lelei and the other refugees settling in nicely at the camp, especially Lelei and her fixation with the gas mask outfit. ^_^

The bath was surprisingly moderate in terms of fanservice, which does make a welcome change to be honest.

Itami is still an amusing character, finally using the new satellite link to check up his hobbies, while ignoring the two officers whilst doing so was really funny. XD

Still, Rory remains the best character of this show. =3
Jul 25, 2015 5:39 AM

Nov 2013
ThreePointer said:
When picking best girl in a series is like picking a starter in a new pokemon game

Gotta catch em' all! Rory is best girl though.
Jul 25, 2015 7:09 AM

Mar 2015
SimmianPrime said:

The series is comically written nationalistic propaganda Japanese self-wank.

Its written starting from the hypothesis of the Gate appearing in Tokyo and how that nation and others would react to it, and so far that part seems plausible. It will be interesting to see how the anime version continues that part of the story.

As for the overall story, characters, and action its going well, and for realistically capturing soldiers its going very well. The animation is OK in general, with the vehicles and equipment being rendered very well.

The characters really seem to be dealing with true, realistic issues, not a single high school in sight, and no one is love obsessed. Finally an anime for the grown ups.
Top_SergeantJul 25, 2015 7:12 AM
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 25, 2015 7:41 AM

Sep 2014
Alright episode I guess. Waiting until the next battle happens.
Jul 25, 2015 8:26 AM
Oct 2010
SimmianPrime said:

No they didn't. They literally said about one sentence about it. Hardly an in depth discussion of the pros and cons.

Sorry this one I wasn't clear with.. I'm referring to the writers rather than any specific scene. For instance when the LT was talking to the captain on the roof top, he was basically laying down scenarios and implications of the gate. In other scenes it would be the prime minister or a president of another country.

SimmianPrime said:

Well Japan should just send in their elite JSDF forces then (going by what I've heard is going to happen later in the series they're clearly the best soldiers in the entire world) and once they've secured the islands for Japan they can then move onto to invade and conquer all of China.

I think you misunderstood my use of that example, I'm saying that any area such as important as the special zone will not be ignored by the world. It affects the entire world, so it would be foolish to ignore it. The American president had proposed helping the Japanese with their assault so they could share some claim to it, but the president's adviser talked him out of it because no one knew what was beyond the gate. The reason he even thought of doing it was because he didn't know what they'd find beyond that gate and would prefer to be a part of it rather than find out later (which ended up happening anyway because of his adviser). I didn't say japan could just go invade China or whatever.

SimmianPrime said:

I absolutely understand Japan initial incursion beyond the gate was to secure it and thus protect themselves from future attacks. But now they're talking about basically a full on invasion and conquering of a foreign land for Japan's profit, hardly defending themselves anymore.

See the thing is, when you are an aggressor anything that happens to you when the affected party retaliates is overlooked. I'll use another example, nazi germany... we hear all the time about what they did but very few people talk about what the russians and allies (in a fair number of cases) did to the german people when they were pushing them back nor do people talk about the fact germany was bombed to the stoneage.
Jul 25, 2015 8:33 AM

Jul 2015
Rory ftw!
Jul 25, 2015 8:43 AM

Dec 2011
Looks like there is conflict on the Earth's side as well... I really hope it doesn't come into play til later since I want them to really focus on the other side of the gate.

I really like Lelei so far. She is the bookworm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2015 8:51 AM

May 2014
Really enjoying the show, plus knowing it's not too rushed is great.

I hope A-1 can keep this level of pacing and animation, because the animation almost always decreases at the end of their animes.

I'm quite happy with the show so far.

Jul 25, 2015 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
Build up episode but it's still enjoyable.
Jul 25, 2015 10:03 AM

Jul 2015
that fight epic!
SaiD90Jul 25, 2015 10:09 AM
Jul 25, 2015 10:18 AM
Oct 2014
SimmianPrime said:

Well, if you say so then Superman serve the same purpose. He is the most powerful being on earth, an alien who landed in the USA.
Jul 25, 2015 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
Our main characters are all together now, and Itami finally get's his internet back poor guy lol.
Jul 25, 2015 3:16 PM
Nov 2012
Fiji said:
I really like Lelei so far. She is the bookworm.
She's a lot more than that. She's a combat mage. While the others are sitting around chatting, she's out scouting the battlefield, learning Japanese, and getting information about the JDSF and the world on the other side of the Gate.
Jul 25, 2015 3:29 PM

Sep 2014
Ho god, I can't stand Rori......
Her single presence and her "Yandere" mental sickness makes me dropped the manga/anime....
Jul 25, 2015 5:18 PM
Jul 2014
They're keeping it understated, but it's good to see that they're paying attention to the political ramifications of the gate, both in the regular world and the magical one. And magic itself of course -- if that works in the regular world as well that will have quite a few consequences -- although so far it looks like they're avoiding that one.

Odd choice of words for the king, confessing that the Empire was the real enemy -- to the princess of the Empire. Still, I suppose given events he isn't exactly afraid of repercussions any more. And the princess has shown signs of disagreeing with her father's decisions.

Sounds like the MC harem shopping expedition is heading for a confrontation with the princess' unit in Italica, though. And that next episode title is ominous...
Jul 25, 2015 5:38 PM
Oct 2012
Mirality said:
Odd choice of words for the king, confessing that the Empire was the real enemy -- to the princess of the Empire. Still, I suppose given events he isn't exactly afraid of repercussions any more. And the princess has shown signs of disagreeing with her father's decisions.

I know this is getting tired, but the manga explains it far better (and since they will not go in this direction, no harm in saying)

Takuan_SohoJul 25, 2015 7:40 PM
Jul 25, 2015 7:14 PM

Nov 2011
i dont know why, but i kinda felt yanagida kinda lack the "malicious" aura
Jul 25, 2015 7:59 PM

Jul 2014
I'm interested in the political aspect surrounding the gate and how the other countries around Japan react to it. I'm really liking how Leilei seems to be the most interested in learning more about the JSDF and their language as well.

4/5
[center][/center]
Jul 25, 2015 8:48 PM
Mar 2010
I just rewatch episode 4 cause I can't shake the feeling something is missing and I know what.

It didn't show Tukas father hitting the dragons left eye with an arrow this is important cause this is the reason why Tuka said to Itami to aim for the dragons eye plus in episode 3 I if you look closer at the dragon you will see the dragons left eye having an arrow stuck to it.

Anyone has a though to why it was not shown in the flashback.
Jul 25, 2015 10:07 PM

Jan 2011
I seem to recall that Tuka noticed the arrow in the Dragon's eye during the fight between it and the JSDF. Either they're going to change things from the manga and just leave it at that or we're going to see it when they deal with her PTSD and she fully recovers her memories/realizes her dad is dead (of course it could just be an error too).

A couple of points on the international implications. First of all keep in mind that while Japan is not currently considered a major military power, it is the third largest economy in the world, and it does wield a tremendous amount of "soft" power. Military action against it by either of the two super-powers would require a significant pretext for war, and a substantial build up. Remember that the invasion of Iraq took almost half-a-year of propaganda to prepare for and even then was not overwhelmingly supported in Britain or the U.S.

Also it's worth mentioning that while the invasion by the empire was largely of conventional medieval forces (plus the odd wyvern, orc, and troll) someone opened the gate! Clearly there are capabilities and technologies that exist in the empire's world that are not fully understood yet. Japan is being cautious as it should be. They've established a beachhead base and defended it from the allied armies, but they still don't know how the gate was opened and what other resources there are. Lelei and the sage have been very shy about showing their powers to the JSDF, although we know they do have those capabilities. And Rori has not fully revealed what she is capable of.

The smart thing to do is to hunker down and gather as much information as possible through the use of expendable scouts. (As the saying goes, the only good scout is a dead scout.) Another priority should be to keep the information as close to your vest as possible--one way being to keep the soldiers who have encountered the new world in the new world, since the gate itself is an excellent security barrier. Everyone is playing a cautious game except the Emperor--which leads us to the question, what the heck is he doing? Is he crazy or is there another reason he's opened the gate, started, and maintains a catastrophic war for his entire world?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 25, 2015 10:12 PM
Mar 2010
rodac said:
I seem to recall that Tuka noticed the arrow in the Dragon's eye during the fight between it and the JSDF. Either they're going to change things from the manga and just leave it at that or we're going to see it when they deal with her PTSD and she fully recovers her memories/realizes her dad is dead (of course it could just be an error too).

A couple of points on the international implications. First of all keep in mind that while Japan is not currently considered a major military power, it is the third largest economy in the world, and it does wield a tremendous amount of "soft" power. Military action against it by either of the two super-powers would require a significant pretext for war, and a substantial build up. Remember that the invasion of Iraq took almost half-a-year of propaganda to prepare for and even then was not overwhelmingly supported in Britain or the U.S.

Also it's worth mentioning that while the invasion by the empire was largely of conventional medieval forces (plus the odd wyvern, orc, and troll) someone opened the gate! Clearly there are capabilities and technologies that exist in the empire's world that are not fully understood yet. Japan is being cautious as it should be. They've established a beachhead base and defended it from the allied armies, but they still don't know how the gate was opened and what other resources there are. Lelei and the sage have been very shy about showing their powers to the JSDF, although we know they do have those capabilities. And Rori has not fully revealed what she is capable of.

The smart thing to do is to hunker down and gather as much information as possible through the use of expendable scouts. (As the saying goes, the only good scout is a dead scout.) Another priority should be to keep the information as close to your vest as possible--one way being to keep the soldiers who have encountered the new world in the new world, since the gate itself is an excellent security barrier. Everyone is playing a cautious game except the Emperor--which leads us to the question, what the heck is he doing? Is he crazy or is there another reason he's opened the gate, started, and maintains a catastrophic war for his entire world?
dude you should have use spoiler tag you just mention a lot of them.

And the invasion of Iraq under the pretext of dropping s regime using weapons I'd mass destruction which they didn't find a single thing.

Sorry I just had to put that in but lets not discuss that here.
Jul 25, 2015 10:13 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like they started focusing on the politics of this series. Chuka's dilemma was also shown throughout the episode and managed to capture her distant, almost PTSD-ish problems. Can't wait for next week's episode!
Jul 25, 2015 10:23 PM
Mar 2010
Phoenix1220 said:
Looks like they started focusing on the politics of this series. Chuka's dilemma was also shown throughout the episode and managed to capture her distant, almost PTSD-ish problems. Can't wait for next week's episode!

One scene part is missing regarding the site in the dragons eye.
Jul 26, 2015 3:34 AM
Jun 2013
"They had a magic weapon that looked like a great iron c*ck"
That was a very nice description from the waitress.
I look forward to Pinya's face when she sees Japan.
Jul 26, 2015 4:05 AM

Jun 2013
Wait isn't her name Tuka, not Chuka? Did they make a mistake in the subtitles or what?
Jul 26, 2015 8:06 AM

Jun 2014
I love how this show is involving politics. First America, then China. What's next? Russia?
ThreePointer said:

^
Looks like there's going to be some action next episode! Can't wait!
Jul 26, 2015 12:31 PM

Jan 2014
Oh come on, that bath scene <333
I love all of the girls, seriously

I like the politic aspects in this series.

Also, wtf why do she use this Chernobyl-like gas mask to go out of the base, haha. Reminded me of Stalker

Cant wait for more, this show is really engaging.
Jul 26, 2015 11:38 PM

Oct 2011
They are adjusting to their new lives for now

Selling the dragon scales to italica.
Jul 27, 2015 2:09 AM

Jan 2015
Really liked this episode
Jul 27, 2015 9:40 AM

Mar 2015
Yohimo_asakura said:

Cant wait for more, this show is really engaging.

This.

Very likely this best single line description of this anime.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 27, 2015 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Bitches fucking bitches
Will a pussy is a pussy
Jul 27, 2015 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
Cool episode
Jul 27, 2015 2:04 PM

Aug 2014
I want more.
This anime is great I don't get tired of saying it. The opening is wonderful, art is beautiful and characters are so nice.
Lelei's curiosity in this episode was so cute!

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Jul 27, 2015 8:18 PM

May 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
Also, wtf why do she use this Chernobyl-like gas mask to go out of the base

With all the corpses and blood on the battlefield, the scent outside the base probably is quite disgusting.
Jul 27, 2015 11:14 PM

Mar 2012
Why didn't her father just jump in the well with her? xD
Jul 28, 2015 3:18 AM

Jun 2008
skudoops said:
SimmianPrime said:

They floated the Japan isolationist idea this very episode. No way would the rest of the world be so comically evil if this happened irl, nor would they allow Japan to full on invade and conquer a foreign land.

They weighed up the pros and cons of an isolationist stance, basically they'd turn the world against them if they did that but they'd have another less advanced world rich with resources that only they have access to. This would have real world implications and they are actually quite spot on with some of them. Firstly with access to such materials they could potentially cripple the economies of many nations across the globe by flooding the market with a huge supply of that commodity. The second thing is, if the nations of the world were to get aggressive they could easily supply themselves from beyond the GATE and move their manufacturing over there, the implication of this being that they cannot stop the production of military weapons and vehicles. Basically Japan would become the most powerful nation overnight if they wanted to.

That is quite a naive view. In reality if such scenario happened and Japan tried to isolate itself so it can have all the resources from the Gate for itself then it will fail miserably because no influential nation will accept Japan taking a whole world for itself. Japan will produce a tone of shit using fields and land from that world and expand to the other world while they will be stuck with limited resources.
Japan will become number 1 economic power by a long margin.

They won't become the best in a night. Resources need time to be exploit but after getting a lot of economic power and land then they can easily start investing in their combat capabilities too and after a decade or two they will even have the strongest army capabilities. They will rule the world.
That is something other powerful nations will look with distaste. They will never accept that even if they pretend to be allies for the time being(USA).

They will want their share of that world and they will try to take it before Japan starts getting power benefits from it. War will happen at world scale. They will be fighting each other over the gate but they will be all marching to Japan.
Japan will become a battleground. No way do they have the power to keep so many powerful nations out of their borders and no way will the other nations give them the time to start using their new resources to the point of expanding their military capabilities.

Any nation that ends up having a gate appear in it will become a wasteland since world war will happen over the gate and the battleground will be the nation that has the gate.

The best thing Japan can hope, is ether sharing it with other powerful allies so it can forge an alliance that will have the power to act as a deterrent to other powerful nations and give it the ability to fight against others(unfortunately for Japan that means that probably their bodyguards will get more resources from the other world than itself) or play dumb and claim of still not knowing much and still not progressing and having hard fights with armies on the other world so it can delay things and while doing that take as much recourse as it can and then the moment it detects other nations starting not buying their shit of supposedly not getting anything yet, blowing the gate up and destroying it. That way they will have taken some resources but avoided their country becoming a war-zone.

Isolating themselves and taking the benefits of the gate for themselves is not an option. The world won't allow them to do it.
Also they can't fill the market with anything because if the isolate themselves they won't be doing imports and exports. Of course that may not be problem when you have a whole world you can use to produce food and goods etc but as i said others won't allow it.
MonadJul 28, 2015 3:22 AM
Jul 28, 2015 3:41 AM
Jul 2015
Avenger-senpai said:

He need to repel the dragon. The arrow on the dragon's eye that we see in episode 3 is actually from him. Not mentioning if he also jump, he'll ended up crushing his daugther.

Monad said:
skudoops said:

They weighed up the pros and cons of an isolationist stance, basically they'd turn the world against them if they did that but they'd have another less advanced world rich with resources that only they have access to. This would have real world implications and they are actually quite spot on with some of them. Firstly with access to such materials they could potentially cripple the economies of many nations across the globe by flooding the market with a huge supply of that commodity. The second thing is, if the nations of the world were to get aggressive they could easily supply themselves from beyond the GATE and move their manufacturing over there, the implication of this being that they cannot stop the production of military weapons and vehicles. Basically Japan would become the most powerful nation overnight if they wanted to.

That is quite a naive view. In reality if such scenario happened and Japan tried to isolate itself so it can have all the resources from the Gate for itself then it will fail miserably because no influential nation will accept Japan taking a whole world for itself. Japan will produce a tone of shit using fields and land from that world and expand to the other world while they will be stuck with limited resources.
Japan will become number 1 economic power by a long margin.

They won't become the best in a night. Resources need time to be exploit but after getting a lot of economic power and land then they can easily start investing in their combat capabilities too and after a decade or two they will even have the strongest army capabilities. They will rule the world.
That is something other powerful nations will look with distaste. They will never accept that even if they pretend to be allies for the time being(USA).

They will want their share of that world and they will try to take it before Japan starts getting power benefits from it. War will happen at world scale. They will be fighting each other over the gate but they will be all marching to Japan.
Japan will become a battleground. No way do they have the power to keep so many powerful nations out of their borders and no way will the other nations give them the time to start using their new resources to the point of expanding their military capabilities.

Any nation that ends up having a gate appear in it will become a wasteland since world war will happen over the gate and the battleground will be the nation that has the gate.

The best thing Japan can hope, is ether sharing it with other powerful allies so it can forge an alliance that will have the power to act as a deterrent to other powerful nations and give it the ability to fight against others(unfortunately for Japan that means that probably their bodyguards will get more resources from the other world than itself) or play dumb and claim of still not knowing much and still not progressing and having hard fights with armies on the other world so it can delay things and while doing that take as much recourse as it can and then the moment it detects other nations starting not buying their shit of supposedly not getting anything yet, blowing the gate up and destroying it. That way they will have taken some resources but avoided their country becoming a war-zone.

Isolating themselves and taking the benefits of the gate for themselves is not an option. The world won't allow them to do it.
Also they can't fill the market with anything because if the isolate themselves they won't be doing imports and exports. Of course that may not be problem when you have a whole world you can use to produce food and goods etc but as i said others won't allow it.

The political shits and possible WWIII sounds a lot like Tom Clancy's Endwar. Hope the world beyond the gate will not turned into battlefield between the Japan, US, China, and Russia.
Jul 28, 2015 10:49 AM

May 2015
HaXXspetten said:
I kind of wish the VAs would not speak Japanese when the characters are supposed to be speaking the local tongue. I mean generally it's pretty obvious which it's supposed to be anyway but now when both sides are trying to learn each other's languages and they're awkwardly attempting to communicate... idk, feels like it's such a big part of this anime so they could have put in the effort of making up some random language for the other world

Meanwhile Rory still best girl btw

Well if it's a language that doesn't exist in the real world, how could they do that? If it's made up than it's not possible.

Jul 28, 2015 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
AnimeFanJoe123 said:
HaXXspetten said:
I kind of wish the VAs would not speak Japanese when the characters are supposed to be speaking the local tongue. I mean generally it's pretty obvious which it's supposed to be anyway but now when both sides are trying to learn each other's languages and they're awkwardly attempting to communicate... idk, feels like it's such a big part of this anime so they could have put in the effort of making up some random language for the other world

Meanwhile Rory still best girl btw

Well if it's a language that doesn't exist in the real world, how could they do that? If it's made up than it's not possible.

Well generally how people learn languages they never heard of before is by trying to find a common object and pointing at it, find patterns in speech, etc. Yeah this would take months, but hey, this scouting mission is like awhile past the first time the Gate opened.
Jul 28, 2015 3:16 PM

Apr 2013

Ohoh, that's nice, it looks heavily inspired from the Marquis de Vauban's system of Fortification.
As expected of Japan I suppose, they still remember that revolutionary fortification system due to Goryōkaku citadel in Hakodate I guess... Vauban had fortress like that built here and there accross the european countries and even in japan. Nice to see that, really. When I saw that pic, I was quite pleased. It looks like the anime staff doesn't exactly have an understanding of how it works due to the wall being perpendicular to the ground but... Yeah, Definitely Vauban's fortress system. That's a very interesting choice due to the fact that they're fighting low technology level's opponent. Most probably can deduce that they are expecting their opponent to not have anything high in technology. Indeed, from that point of view that's a smart choice. I approve.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about this type of fortress :
(here is the current Goryōkaku fortress , obviously no longer used for military purpose so trees everywhere, but we can still see the forms clearly below the greeneries :
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Hakodate_Goryokaku_Panorama_1.JPG )
ZefyrisJul 28, 2015 3:23 PM
Jul 28, 2015 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
Zefyris said:

Ohoh, that's nice, it looks heavily inspired from the Marquis de Vauban's system of Fortification.
As expected of Japan I suppose, they still remember that revolutionary fortification system due to Goryōkaku citadel in Hakodate I guess... Vauban had fortress like that built here and there accross the european countries and even in japan. Nice to see that, really. When I saw that pic, I was quite pleased. It looks like the anime staff doesn't exactly have an understanding of how it works due to the wall being perpendicular to the ground but... Yeah, Definitely Vauban's fortress system. That's a very interesting choice due to the fact that they're fighting low technology level's opponent. Most probably can deduce that they are expecting their opponent to not have anything high in technology. Indeed, from that point of view that's a smart choice. I approve.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about this type of fortress :
(here is the current Goryōkaku fortress , obviously no longer used for military purpose so trees everywhere, but we can still see the forms clearly below the greeneries :
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Hakodate_Goryokaku_Panorama_1.JPG )
It's also good for anti-cannon and anti-escalade.
Jul 29, 2015 12:34 AM
Nov 2012
Zefyris said:

Of course it is.

With that layout, the outside walls are protected by overlapping fields of fire from other walls. Attackers can be shot at from the back as well as the front. That's the ideal design if you have machine guns and expect to be attacked by a huge army. Something the Empire has now tried five times, without much success.
Jul 29, 2015 12:38 AM
Nov 2012
Episode 5 PV is up.

Everybody goes to Itarica.
Jul 29, 2015 4:03 AM
Mar 2010
Avenger-senpai said:

There is a particular scene that was not in the anime that I hope they put later that could be an explanation because the dragon hate him so you want me to trek you.
Jul 29, 2015 4:42 AM

Apr 2013
Well, I suppose the father has something to do with that arrow that was in one of thre dragon's eyes the previous episode.
Jul 29, 2015 5:06 AM

Dec 2012
Enjoyable episode, I choose the elf
Jul 30, 2015 4:13 AM
Mar 2010
Zefyris said:
Well, I suppose the father has something to do with that arrow that was in one of thre dragon's eyes the previous episode.

So you read my previous post or read the manga.
Jul 30, 2015 4:59 AM

May 2010
That Italica bird eye view gave me Age of Empire/Empire Earth feels. Those were some good days.

As for the episode itself, a bit slow but definitely nice. Lelei is the best girl, shame she has the least fans. Rory is nice but her voice is a bit exaggerated. As for Chuka, she is okay so far.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Would I like this?

UberBat - Sep 17

15 by RobertsahDHDA »»
Sep 28, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

284 by Kipo0007 »»
Jul 16, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

163 by Kipo0007 »»
Jul 15, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

188 by Kipo0007 »»
Jul 13, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

285 by Kipo0007 »»
Jul 12, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.