Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2015 1:47 PM
Oct 2009
Woah i don't expected that. :O
I liked it, and is now in my watch list!
Jul 9, 2015 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
I was pleased, after all someone said that the author is the script writer and it would have a little bit of change so this was pretty good.

Annuvin said:
AwesomeDudex3 said:
Came in expecting a cute slice of life
Watched a very misleading show
I can see the feels train coming in soon

Came in expecting a horror
Watched moeshit for 20 minutes still expecting something to happen
Time to move along...

//Skimmed through the manga just to be sure but it's still moeshit with occasional 'dark and gritty' elements

Yeah it takes some time before it becomes better, but the SoL is actually depressing, but I also almost slept on some SoL, I hope the anime cut a little bit in the SoL...
Jul 9, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2014
I'm kind of sad they skipped a lot of episodes. I mean, they'll probably pick them up as the anime goes on, but Miki's story and when they visit the basement is quite hardcore
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jul 9, 2015 1:56 PM

Jul 2011
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
I'm kind of sad they skipped a lot of episodes. I mean, they'll probably pick them up as the anime goes on, but Miki's story and when they visit the basement is quite hardcore
woahwoahwoah, i'm at chapter nine, does that mean i get spoiler s by watching the FIRST episode of the anime? that's absurd!
Jul 9, 2015 1:58 PM

Jan 2015
kataklism said:
SoonaxUchiha02 said:
woahwoahwoah, i'm at chapter nine, does that mean i get spoiler s by watching the FIRST episode of the anime? that's absurd!

No lol, he is saying bullshit, they didn't skip nothing just changed
the 1st episode adapted the 1st chapter
Jul 9, 2015 1:59 PM
Nov 2013
That OP song is so misleading. But man, that reveal was something else. I've only read the first 2 chapters of the manga but I really like this reveal more. Fine with the changes as of right now. Definitely a series to be excited about.
Jul 9, 2015 2:07 PM

Dec 2007
totally delivered what i was expecting...that ending.....pretty intense...
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jul 9, 2015 2:08 PM
Feb 2014
That was way too bad for my heart, I had to rewatch the end because I couldn't believe my eyes. Heck I even blamed Miki for being stupid while I was the one who was stupid... Some things are just healthier to watch while knowing the spoilers. I have a feeling that if I will keep watching this without slowly reading manga, I might die from heart attack next time...

Btw. the ending of the ending was scary as hell for me too. Yuki's smiling friends weren't there across the table when the camera changed. This anime might end with a flashback showing when and how exactly each of them died as they will be, one by one, substituted with Yuki's imaginations... Or maybe I am becoming delusional... Wait, is at least Yuki real in that story?
Jul 9, 2015 2:08 PM

Nov 2014
Xenocrisi said:
Nadim_M12 said:
What i really would like now, is like, an explanation. Why a zombie attack, (knowing anime and/or games about zombie apocalypse, we can kiss goodbye to that answer) or at least why is it them 4 girls who survived

maybe 1 episode per week is not enough for you. it'll be explained later, be patient.

xD i know... but as i mentioned before, i doubt they'll explain the zombie outburst.
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Jul 9, 2015 2:12 PM

Nov 2014
Primeval said:
Dystania said:
Them spoilers. >_>
But yea, will be watching this, won't be reading those threads anymore though, my goodness.

Then don't click on the spoiler tag...? I reread all the posts and there were no actual significant spoilers that didn't have a tag.

Nadim_M12 said:
Can anyone send me all the hints of the episode, i didnt pay attention (check spoiler for more info)

furuuru said:
I'm seriously questioned people who think the anime skipped 14 chapters or something... seriously wat.

The next episode is Kurumi's episode which is chapter 2 btw. There's Mii-kun/ dog or not, I dont see that will affect the story.

These points won't affect next episode but won't make sense in the future episodes unless they change up the story.

Ya i know the collar and the grave, but i was asking if anyone noticed others
Just so we're clear, I'm a solo player. One or two days of being orange means nothing to me. — Kazuto Kirigaya

Jul 9, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2015
Nadim_M12 said:
Xenocrisi said:

maybe 1 episode per week is not enough for you. it'll be explained later, be patient.

xD i know... but as i mentioned before, i doubt they'll explain the zombie outburst.

It'll. The manga is not finished yet because it is too busy to depress us with twists, so we can't know all the details but it'll be explained in a (not complete) way if i remember right.

Nadim_M12 said:
Ya i know the collar and the grave, but i was asking if anyone noticed others

Yes, while yuki is running the windows were broken (half episode) and others are details that you can't obviously notice because are foreshadowing for an arc.
Jul 9, 2015 2:16 PM

Oct 2008
rsc-pl said:
First 20 min was sooo fuckin stupid and boring. I almost dropped it, but last 2 minutes was pretty cool. I hope that not every episede will be like this (20 min boring crap and great last 2 minutes) .

ARE YOU SERIOUS!? How could you not get the sense of unease and discomfort right from the beginning that lasted throughout the entire episode? The lead-up to the reveal was simply amazing. Did you not notice:

- The fact that they were talking about how shovels have the best kill rate?
- The abandoned feel of the school save from when we are seeing things from Yuki's perspective?
- How they had to stop her from accidentally going home?
- The broken window panes?
- The tables that they use to create a barricade?
- The weird behavior of the classmates and teachers? (Who are all delusions!?)
- The cross marking the death of the horticultural club members?

The juxtaposition of the atmosphere from Yuki's delusions and reality was magnificent to say the least. Once you realize that something is off from the beginning, the suspicions arise and you just can't help but feel for this poor girl who has to seek comfort in her delusions to escape reality.

It's like Tokyo Magnitude all over again!!!

(Disclaimer: I haven't read the manga prior to this and actually like slice-of-life.)
ActarJul 9, 2015 2:21 PM
Jul 9, 2015 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting premise. Wonder how the unbelievable situation will be explained
Jul 9, 2015 2:22 PM

Nov 2012
This episode was really hard to get through.

20 mins of boring SoL & chasing the dog and 2 mins of ineffective shock factor.

Actually found the "twist" pretty laughable over anything else.

Probably going to drop in 2 episodes or continue watching but doubt it'll get more than a 5/10 from me by the end of it.
Jul 9, 2015 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
Well I can definitely say this intrigued me, the reveal at the end of the episode was great and really made me want to know where this series is going. Loved the foreshadowing throughout the episode too, made the end reveal even better.
Jul 9, 2015 2:39 PM

Dec 2013
Wow things got fairly dark near the end. Seems the MC is living in her own fantasy world.
Jul 9, 2015 2:50 PM

Jan 2015
I don't know how it was different in the manga but damn this was a good episode. I really like the setup because this series can go places. I'd say this is probably one of the best first episodes of summer season.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 9, 2015 3:03 PM

Aug 2014
This is not a happy place.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jul 9, 2015 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
Kerozinn said:
moeshit with a twist.

very accurate so far
Jul 9, 2015 3:16 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yeah...
Goddamn Lerche, not one of your three animes disappointed me this season so far.
Jul 9, 2015 3:19 PM

Jul 2011
DatRandomDude said:
Yeah...
Goddamn Lerche, not one of your three animes disappointed me this season so far.
just checked, didn't know lerche made ranpo, but let's be honest, monster musume? there's no way someone with a decente taste in anything could like it, unless they want to watch an hentai without actually watching one, or at least so was the manga.
Jul 9, 2015 3:23 PM
May 2014
Balut said:
Manga reader here and spoiler just in case

Jul 9, 2015 3:25 PM

Feb 2015
Okay, I am not a reader of the manga, but this caught my interest. I'm a little confused.

Can someone help me? So...basically, the school has been run over by zombies, and the girls are the only ones left. Has Yuki gone crazy by the constant fear and stress this apocalypse has brought? Are Kurumi, Rii-san, Megu-nee or Taroumaru even real or they another figment of Yuki's imagination? I think that I got that Miki is real, but I'm a little confused. Wow, this episode blew me away though! It was fantastic!
lovelive is relevant and the rest is garbage

it's joke
Jul 9, 2015 3:28 PM

Oct 2012
It was alright, the manga's first chapter was much better in my opinion. The anime dragged things out far too long and the dog chase was just annoying. The reveal was done well though and I guess that was the most important part, so I have hope for the rest of the anime.
Jul 9, 2015 3:32 PM

Jan 2015
RedEyedAmnesiac said:
Okay, I am not a reader of the manga, but this caught my interest. I'm a little confused.

Can someone help me? So...basically, the school has been run over by zombies, and the girls are the only ones left. Has Yuki gone crazy by the constant fear and stress this apocalypse has brought? Are Kurumi, Rii-san, Megu-nee or Taroumaru even real or they another figment of Yuki's imagination? I think that I got that Miki is real, but I'm a little confused. Wow, this episode blew me away though! It was fantastic!

Most of the girls are real, however

Actual Spoiler, open if you want

HarantipoJul 9, 2015 3:38 PM
Jul 9, 2015 3:35 PM

Apr 2013
About Megu-nee :

Jul 9, 2015 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
Too bad the cover and the horror tag kind of spoiled the surprise...
Jul 9, 2015 3:43 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
kataklism said:
DatRandomDude said:
Yeah...
just checked, didn't know lerche made ranpo, but let's be honest, monster musume? there's no way someone with a decente taste in anything could like it, unless they want to watch an hentai without actually watching one, or at least so was the manga.

Oh cmon, monster musume was funny. :(
Jul 9, 2015 3:47 PM

Jul 2011
DatRandomDude said:
kataklism said:

Oh cmon, monster musume was funny. :(

might be, i'll never know, i only read the harpie's chapter, and i wish i didn't read it, anywayuntil now lerche only disappointed me(danganronpa was barely above avarage when it could have been much better) so i don't have high hopes, but they seemed to start with the right foot this season.
Jul 9, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, that was a very good pilot episode. That twist at the end. Now I really have to read the manga!
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Jul 9, 2015 3:52 PM

May 2014
Good plot twist.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2015 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
Well executed first episode. The plot twist was handled nicely as well. There might be a lot of reasons why they didn't "adapt" it well, but studios should be able to do what they want with a series adaptation as long as it makes sense. I mean look at Chuunibyou, it was quite different from the novels and I think the anime is better.

I'm looking forward to more zombies.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jul 9, 2015 4:10 PM

Jul 2014
LOl wtf did i just watch. Is this dementia?
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 9, 2015 4:22 PM

Feb 2015
This show made me rethink everything I know about my life...
Jul 9, 2015 4:27 PM

Feb 2010
Never read the manga, but was told about it having lolis and zombies. Looks like they just went with the innocent opener. Obviously, it's going to still maintain its moe throughout the series with zombies included.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2015 4:33 PM

Aug 2011
MelbShaw said:
Never read the manga, but was told about it having lolis and zombies. Looks like they just went with the innocent opener. Obviously, it's going to still maintain its moe throughout the series with zombies included.
Jul 9, 2015 4:33 PM

Feb 2015
After rereading all of the posts I realized nobody caught on to the other Megumi reference.
Also, there are more than 20 hints throughout the episode regarding the true nature of the show and around 8 more regarding manga points. From scouring the internet and checking just about every forum I realized most people only noticed like 10 at most.
SilentAnswerJul 9, 2015 4:40 PM
Jul 9, 2015 4:35 PM

Jan 2013
Wow shes insane.

Will watch for that shovel action.
Jul 9, 2015 4:43 PM

Mar 2014
Kaicze said:
That was way too bad for my heart, I had to rewatch the end because I couldn't believe my eyes. Heck I even blamed Miki for being stupid while I was the one who was stupid... Some things are just healthier to watch while knowing the spoilers. I have a feeling that if I will keep watching this without slowly reading manga, I might die from heart attack next time...

Btw. the ending of the ending was scary as hell for me too. Yuki's smiling friends weren't there across the table when the camera changed. This anime might end with a flashback showing when and how exactly each of them died as they will be, one by one, substituted with Yuki's imaginations... Or maybe I am becoming delusional... Wait, is at least Yuki real in that story?

I'm with you. I like psychological stuff and I've ruined a few of my anime experiences by reading spoilers before watching, but I think for this one I'll need to. Yes, I am a wimp.
Jul 9, 2015 4:46 PM

Jul 2011
zeymort said:
Kaicze said:

I'm with you. I like psychological stuff and I've ruined a few of my anime experiences by reading spoilers before watching, but I think for this one I'll need to. Yes, I am a wimp.

ever tried aku no hana? shit was giving me a heart attack before even half of the anime, so far with gakkou i'm at chapter 9, didn't give me the feeling not even remotely(it should have at chapter... 7, think it was, it didn't)
Jul 9, 2015 4:53 PM

Aug 2011
Kaicze said:
Wait, is at least Yuki real in that story?
Jul 9, 2015 4:58 PM
Jan 2015
didn't see that ending coming at all
Jul 9, 2015 5:09 PM

Oct 2008
Had to check the genres again after starting it. Im still not sure what im getting into, but seems great so far.
Jul 9, 2015 5:30 PM
Jun 2015
animefan8800 said:
Cute girls in the zombie apocalypse, playing along with Yuki's delusions. Such an interesting clash of genres and tone...how well will they work together?

Well, still better than ecchi combined with zombie, huh ?
Jul 9, 2015 5:45 PM

Jul 2011
That twist.. amazing.
Jul 9, 2015 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
Too many anime too watch this season might just marathon this at the end of summer.
Jul 9, 2015 5:47 PM

Apr 2012
She smiling at.... nothing.... at the end of the ending.
got me stuck there for a few minutes........
Jul 9, 2015 5:54 PM

Dec 2014
welp.. that escalated quickly
Jul 9, 2015 6:03 PM

Jun 2015
...Wow. Alright.
{ 春にはすべてが変わるでしょう。}
Jul 9, 2015 6:20 PM

Jun 2013
Wow! That was great!
I Have a feeling that this is going to be a very tragic anime
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2015

330 by GavrocheN7 »»
Oct 13, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

513 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2015

323 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

291 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

382 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 3, 9:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.