Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 14, 2015 5:33 AM

Apr 2011
Isla is so adorable :3

And woah? Only 1,000 hours left for Isla?
I hope things from this point will be more interesting.

May 14, 2015 6:34 AM

Dec 2014
John_h said:
How does that even matter at all? It makes sense that they haven't mentioned this before, as it was obviously an unpleasant experience for everyone involved and there was no reason for the characters to just dump exposition about their past (actually, quite the opposite is the case, because why would you try and scare the guy who's just joined?). Honestly, it would've been way worse if they had just given us the information without any context. We'll see whether or not this context will matter later on, it could be that they'll take this for the grand finale

I'm sorry I don't know which part you're talking about? The private security or the wanderer incident three years ago? But made one thing clear, foreshadowing is not equal to exposition.

John_h said:
In any case, it's way too early to blame the show for something that it might not even be guilty of. At the moment, your criticism isn't even remotely valid, as it's based off mere assumptions.

First of all, these are not assumptions, I made an educated guess based on the performance of the show so far and I reach the conclusion of "this show is poorly written", then why should I expect anything better from the show before it does some merits to change my mind? I'm trying to consolidate my expectations based on how the show is presented, and an empty promise that the show will be good later on when it's not even good half-way through, and even though some may think I'm nitpicking, but be sure when the show does something that is not cliché or rage-inducingly stupid (you can find a lot of these in episode 5), I'll be sure to notice that at once. Take the beginning of the episode 5 as an example (weird isn't it? You can find the best part and the worst part in the same episode):
Notice the website on Tsukasa's computer?

I think that is neat. They didn't mention they would help the kid to find a shelter before but that's not important to the story when the story is about the kid losing his one and only loving family member in episode 4. But it did provide an closure to his situation (aside from the incident of course) in a non-intrusive and subtle way, just a pure visual indication done nicely, something that few anime does well. This is showing the anime actually care about the little details and not being lazy about it. I even mentioned it in the post I made in the episode 5 discussion. But sadly the show doesn't put the equal amount of thought into other elements.

raveninthemuddleMay 14, 2015 6:48 AM
May 14, 2015 8:40 AM

Oct 2010
So yeah.. This will probably get pretty dramatic in a few episodes, with Isla running out of time.

Isla and Tsukasa probably end up dating before Isla starts to 'expire', huh? I kind of wanted to see Tsukasa ended up with Michiru.. But I guess that'll never happen, huh?

Somehow I also have this feeling Isla won't really be retrieved or go mental when she's going past her expiration date.. But I guess I'll just wait and see.
May 14, 2015 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
I love how this anime manages to balance sad moments with silly ones. I just can't help it but to smile. I'm happy Isla is ok. It would never make sense killing her now but that cliffhanger scared me anyway. It's scary to know Isla only has 1000 hours to live. If the reason for Kazuki to end her partnership with Isla is because of her lifespawn, she's weak and extremly coward. I understand someone not wanting to go through that process but at the same time, she got "shuved" onto a boy that has absoultly no experience in dealing with this reality. I loved that smile of Isla's. It was suuuuuuuuper cuuuuuuuuuuute!!! :3
May 15, 2015 2:12 AM

Feb 2015
Love this show!

That smile.....

NotoriousNickMay 15, 2015 3:56 AM
May 15, 2015 6:35 AM

Oct 2012
Loli lived. I am now incredibly disappointed in the show. I thought it'd take the edgy-terrible route but instead went back to the bland and stale route. Oh well. Still as empty as ever, Plastic Memories.
May 15, 2015 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
Ducat_Revel said:
Loli lived. I am now incredibly disappointed in the show. I thought it'd take the edgy-terrible route but instead went back to the bland and stale route. Oh well. Still as empty as ever, Plastic Memories.

Stop watching then. I really can't get my head around the mindset of people who continuously bitch about a particular show, but continue to watch it regardless. Do people get off on whining all the time? Seriously, I'm genuinely curious.

Pretty good episode. Sure, it has it's flaws, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Also that scene of Isla smiling was beautiful.
May 15, 2015 6:44 PM

May 2012
Ducat_Revel said:

Plastic Memories is another Danmachi, but here we have Isla instead of Hestia. All the "Isla smile is so beautiful" in this thread shows what really matter in this anime...Isla. All the plot is just an excuse, just something they put there so you can reach the end where Isla may disappear.

Novangel said:
Stop watching then. I really can't get my head around the mindset of people who continuously bitch about a particular show, but continue to watch it regardless. Do people get off on whining all the time? Seriously, I'm genuinely curious.

Pretty good episode. Sure, it has it's flaws, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. Also that scene of Isla smiling was beautiful.

The show started nicely and seemed to be a good anime to watch, but then you see that the plot has no importance and the fanservice is what matters here. People will complain about something that disappointed them. The anime is bad, but is not boring to watch. i can still keep watching it and see what they are going to do. Who knows, maybe we get a good end. (unlikely)
I despise woke people.
May 15, 2015 6:53 PM
Jul 2011
@Novangel
We're Not Bitching It! We're Discussing What Happens Next If The Lifespan Of Isla Expires?
May 15, 2015 6:55 PM
Jul 2011
@Kaetokiha
I Do Not Think That Plastic Memories Is Another DanMachi But It Will Become Another Time Of Eve (Eve No Jikan).
May 15, 2015 6:58 PM
Jul 2011
I Hope Isla Will Expire And Become A Real Live Human Girl In The Final Episode.
I Hope Tsukasa Will Not Become Another Android-holic Or Giftiaholic Like Rikuo From Time Of Eve (Eve No Jikan).
May 15, 2015 10:49 PM

Nov 2012
Predictable yet very heart-warming episode. At the end though, I got mad at Tsukasa for interrupting Isla when she was trying to say, what ever she was going to say.

I love the end-end though, lol.

Really loved the part where Isla's face brightened up when Tsukasa made his commitment to Isla.
May 16, 2015 4:19 AM

Oct 2010
Kaetokiha said:
Ducat_Revel said:

Plastic Memories is another Danmachi, but here we have Isla instead of Hestia. All the "Isla smile is so beautiful" in this thread shows what really matter in this anime...Isla. All the plot is just an excuse, just something they put there so you can reach the end where Isla may disappear.

Yep, I'm afraid the entire anime will be pretty much dedicated to Isla.. Which really pisses me off. I'll watch all the episodes regardless, but I really hope for the anime to take a turn for the better later on. Like, please let Isla die instead of coming up with some lame way for her to escape her "inevitable retrieval".
May 16, 2015 5:54 AM
Nov 2012
really heartwarming this eps 6..
like it
May 16, 2015 9:15 AM
Jan 2015
can giftia love human, how they will do their love?
May 16, 2015 7:54 PM
May 2013
here's my thoughts on this episode

Plastic Memories Ep 6

TLDR: Very moving episode, in a sad way.

---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
May 17, 2015 9:15 PM
Jun 2014
Those two scenes where Isla was full out smiling (when she was eavesdropping and later when she was saying the welcome home thing), omg my heart
May 18, 2015 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
The end of this episode was soo sweet :3
1000 hours, huh...
May 19, 2015 11:49 AM

Jun 2012
Wesuteru said:
Kaetokiha said:

Yep, I'm afraid the entire anime will be pretty much dedicated to Isla.. Which really pisses me off. I'll watch all the episodes regardless, but I really hope for the anime to take a turn for the better later on. Like, please let Isla die instead of coming up with some lame way for her to escape her "inevitable retrieval".

I agree, I hope that just like all their retrievals, Isla is treated the same. I think it would be good for a moving-on kind of thing. I don't think I'd be too happy if all these emotional retrievals end up with a way to save Isla.

May 19, 2015 2:15 PM
May 2013
Wesuteru said:
Kaetokiha said:

The whole show already is mostly about the main character and Isla. If that bothers you so much, what are you getting out of this show?
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
May 19, 2015 8:10 PM
Nov 2011
HowTragic said:
People found out girls are in guy's shower.

The girls get blamed instead of the guy.

Wow mind=blown what is this revelation

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to see that. I was also surprised that Tsukasa didn't totally freak out about it.

But i was a bit confused. He bonked both of them on the head? was it Michiru?

As for this episode, it looks like we'll have a rushed romance, followed by tragedy maybe.

I still have a few theories.

1. Isla isn't a real full giftia and there will be a curveball at the end about this. (Stepford wives anyone?)
2. Isla finds a way to run away before the time elapses to spare tsukasa... pain.
3. Isla find a way to self terminate before the deadline.

I liked Tsukasa's loyalty to Isla, but I have a feeling he may not make it to the last day without getting canned.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 19, 2015 8:49 PM
May 2015
Kaetokiha said:
Ducat_Revel said:

Novangel said:

The show started nicely and seemed to be a good anime to watch, but then you see that the plot has no importance and the fanservice is what matters here. People will complain about something that disappointed them. The anime is bad, but is not boring to watch. i can still keep watching it and see what they are going to do. Who knows, maybe we get a good end. (unlikely)

I'm going to admit that there's lots of problems with Plastic Memories. I personally found the fanservice well done and not too in-the-face. (The comedy was so bad that I nearly gave up on the series because of it, though.)

However, a show is never about the end. If it were, writing screenplays and stories would be incredibly easy. The show is literally about Isla, and the point of the show is how she and the people around her deal with her inevitable death.
May 21, 2015 8:39 AM

Oct 2013
Eru and Isla's scenes were funny.
May 23, 2015 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
She smiles now! The love triangle develops...
May 23, 2015 6:18 PM

Feb 2013
Lol that stalking. Did they really think they wouldn't be noticed in the shower?
May 24, 2015 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
Her smile is so cute :')
May 25, 2015 2:35 AM
May 2013
BurntJelly said:
Lol that stalking. Did they really think they wouldn't be noticed in the shower?

Yes, they did.
---

May 26, 2015 8:05 AM

Dec 2012
Nice flashback with Isla and Kazuki. It was funny to see Isla fell in love with Tsukasa. A cute episode on the bond between the two characters.
May 30, 2015 4:41 PM

Jul 2010
Dat smile, still crying...
Jun 3, 2015 6:49 AM

Jun 2013
Aww. :">
Jun 5, 2015 9:32 AM

Dec 2010
OrangeJP said:

Happy Isla is the best Isla
<3
Jun 8, 2015 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
It seems that the story is taking its steps toward the focal point of the matter; the main plot is about to begin? I hope so with all my heart, the references to past issues han made the facts today's lighter, but there was no need for me to beat around the bush so much given the brevity of this TV series. Drawings with ups and downs, not bad the soundtrack.
Isla is changing, hurray !
Jun 9, 2015 8:06 PM

May 2014
Right in the happy feels! Good episode, this series is really turning up =) And only about half-way through!
Jun 10, 2015 12:43 PM

Jun 2010
rsc-pl said:

dfsafsaf said:
So Isla still stays in this show... well that's disappointing.

You want best character to die in the middle of the show?
Your post is disappointing.

Get over it. Not everyone likes the same characters.
I find Isla very boring, dull and bit pathetic, tho I don't want her to die before the last episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2015 11:43 PM
Jul 2018
Kuzuki flashback after her injury, I kind of felt bad for Isla there. She started developing feelings for Tsukasa…I don’t know how to feel about that tbh, it was expected but I hoped it won’t happen since I’m not a huge fan of romance. Oh well as long as it doesn’t become the new focus of the anime I wouldn’t care much.
Jun 30, 2015 2:20 PM

Jan 2011
Wesuteru said:
Kaetokiha said:

I feel bad for just quoting this and not saying much else, but then again I don't really need to say anything. Too damn rushed...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 8, 2015 11:43 AM

Dec 2010
Another good episode, I can't believe how fast Isla changed. I'm glad she doesn't live in denial, about her relationship with Tsukasa, in what little time she has left.
Jul 12, 2015 8:56 AM

May 2014
DeathyZA said:
That smile... :')
Jul 12, 2015 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Pknoctis said:
OrangeJP said:

Happy Isla is the best Isla
<3

<33
Jul 15, 2015 11:11 AM

May 2012
I wonder what he'll do when the actual time comes :s
Jul 20, 2015 7:44 PM

Mar 2015
That smile at the end.... I died.

Isla falling in love with Tsukasa? Oh wew, not surprising.

Pretty fun episode.

1000 hours left till deus ex machina writing to keep Isla alive.

The OP video also slightly changed where Isla is smiling a bit, might reflected by the episodes. Where episode 6, she was genuinely happy.

Aug 6, 2015 8:53 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I hate how the show changes tones so quickly. Like one scene is sad, the next is pure comedy like Isla's spilling the drink on herself, then we have a teary scene with Souta crying, back to comedy in regards to Eru/Isla spying.

I did enjoy Isla's cute side. The way she smiles when Tsukasa says he can't imagine himself being without Isla. Props to him for continuing to pull through.

"Do..you..want..me?" - Isla

Best line ever lol

Aug 15, 2015 2:31 PM
Jul 2013
So much feels! I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!
This show is priceless.
Mar 28, 2016 3:47 AM

Mar 2015
Stalking Tsukasa is funny too especially at the shower scene where Eru and Isla become the pervert. Talking about reverse situation, huh?

I liked the romance at the end. Isla saying "want a dinner, want a bath, or is it me?" was a top notcher quote. Kyaaa~~~ <3 ♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

3.9/5

ED song is feels as ever.
May 11, 2016 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
That smile!!! Man I feel it, the finale is going to kill me. :(
Jul 20, 2016 8:57 AM

Jun 2016
Now he knows her lifespan :s
Aug 1, 2016 7:29 AM

Oct 2015
SMILING ISLA OMG >x< ♥♥
Aug 17, 2016 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
"So she has 1 month to operate"

Anyway here's this newlywed joke thrown afterwards.

You can't write shit like this even if you tried.
Dec 11, 2016 3:04 PM

Oct 2016
i felt so bad for Tsukasa when he got to know how long isla's lifespan was :-/
Jan 5, 2017 8:09 AM

Aug 2016
5/5 isla love u forever.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

536 by NimbleBard48 »»
Sep 14, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

207 by leodnz »»
Sep 9, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

177 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

158 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

144 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.