Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 26, 2015 1:31 PM
Oct 2013
GangstaPriest said:

Anyways, back on topic: I agree with you about the romance being very weak in battle shounen in general, and I don't hold it against the authors: they don't spend much time on it so I shouldn't expect too much of them in that department. But what bugged me with SasuSaku is that the pairing simply doesn't feel genuine at all, especially considering how badly Sasuke's been treating Sakura throughout the manga. Regardless of Sakura's ridiculous obsession with him, seeing them end up together leaves a bad taste in mouth because it felt unnatural.

And yeah, Shikamaru x Temari would be the perfect counter-example: the bond they formed leaves the door open for many possibilities, without resorting to heavy-handed and clichéd stuff usually found in teenage romance stories.

Well I didn´t ever much think about Sasukes and Sakuras relationship. But I´ve noticed a few things when i rewatched all of part one when after Naruto ended.Sasuke is written pretty much an asexual figure. Duty, work, progress in his own ability, nothing else matters to him. Many people condemn him for his actions, I don´t.
Readers seem to not comprehend what happened to him.
8 year old boy, sees a "supposed psychopath", who was his big brother he admired and loved, killing his parens for 3 days in repetition. The boy is traumatized. 2 possible outcomes, the boy breaks, or he seeks for revenge with a burning hate.
The latter happened

I don´t know if I´m spoiling you, but you shoul´d ve read the whole manga since you comment here. Girls have a crush on Sasuke, blablabla he´s cool cause talent and good in everything and cool.
"Groupies" don´t spend time with Sasuke, Sakura does for several months as team 7. Get´s her life saved by him and Naruto on several occasions. Chunin exams kick in,
Sakura get´s her life saved again by Sasuke this time from child rapist, while Naruto is eaten by a snake.Naruto jumps in to safe them, they get both knocked out. Sakura cuts her hair and fights the sound nin.This is the turning point where she for the first time has tried to protect the boys. Same as how Hinata saved Naruto back vs Pain, Sakura sacrificed her hair (beauty) to save her teammates. Parents in general tick off when their children die, but some have no problem with abortion. Why is that? Cause they haven´t loved that child, they didn´t know it or have made any sacrifices for it.
Keep in mind sacrifice is an important term which is reoccuring in the story.
Sasuke doesn´t acknowledge Sakura as a strong person at this point in time,but Naruto.
Sasuke vs Gaara happens, invasion of Konoha and Gaara runs away with Sasuke following him. Sakura is abducted by Gaara and Sasuke saves her again, with the intention of sacrificing his life for her. Sasuke: I don´t want to lose my Nakama, I don´t wanna go again through this feeling.
So we get clarified although he doesn´t acknowledge her strength they are family too him so much that he intends to die so that they can live (same as with Haku).
Sakura during their whole times and conversations together learns through what kind of hell Naruto and Sasuke went, she is aware of the fact that she cannot comprehend this, and unaware of how she would behave given their circumstances.
She even cries when she learns about the Jins fate. Basicly Naruto here works as portray (what Naruto goes through Sasuke goes through maybe worse).
Sasuke thanks her everything before he leaves. Knowing the place he´s going isn´t suited for her, he intends to go to hell to obtain power in order to kill his "psychotic" brother, He doesn´t wanna drag her in.Timeskip kicks in and at this point in time Sasuke is neither a dick nor does he have killed anyone. Their willingness to kill existed since Haku. Yet Orochimaru mentions: Why don´t you kill the test subjects. He replies with he wants only Itachi.Sasukes first kill is Orochimaru and that´s not even legit. Itachi get´s "killed"by him first legit. That´s the point from where on he´s insane and willing to drown puppýs in a public toilet. Chapter 402 before that Sasuke is nothing but a shittalker.

Then the infamous chapter 483 and 484 happen where Sasuke tries twice to kill her, which she also tries but fails.
Ok so at this point in time Sakura has killed no one, we don´t even know if she has the resolve to actually kill. Yes she may fataly wound someone but we don´t know if she is capable of killing. Wether or not she´s a good Ninja doesn´t matter. She has no kills at this momment. We know Naruto has that resolve since Haku.
But granted here. Sasuke is insane at this point in time the guy doesn´t give a shit about anything all that matters is the past, he´s like a drunktard. Drunk on power and revenge.
Quote Kakashi: A history of hatred, that´s what turned Sasuke into what he is now.
This guy is ready to kill his student, like Itachi he´s a real Ninja, if necessary he´ll kill anyone for greater good. Hashirama is the best example with his speech towards Madara, of how a Ninja should be, even if his own child opposes his village he´ll kill him.

Now people hate alot on Naruto because he refuses to kill him, but what Kishi tried to portray here is,in his deepest core this guy is actually good, circumstances fucked him up.

It´s a message to us readers to legitimize Narutos and Sakuras point of view. Basicly under all this layers of madness and hatred their old friend that "intended to sacrifice his life" for their sake is somewhere in there. They do not blame him for what he has become, they rather pity him. Kakashi is the only real ninja in this situation.
The other 2 give in to their naive feelings.
Another message the manga often covers. Ninja should cease to exist, ninja aren´t a good thing. Even though they are a necessity, they wouldn´t be necessary if humans would be decent to each other.

Everything beyond that is rather self explanatory Sasuke remains asexual for another 214 chapters because he intends to rule the world as a dictator. Sasukes Talk no Jutsu in chapter 698 sums it up. 699 nails it with the tap on the forehead.
Again love through admiration, she didn´t give up on him, no other woman is capable of doing this. Yes he could bang whatever skank he wants but no skank would genuinely love him after all he did .

It´s not good romance.Kishi just gave Sakura the same treatment the NaruSasu relationship had. If Naruto can see "the good" in his friend why shouldn´t Sakura believe in her love. That´s at least the best explanation I could give you.
IsterioApr 26, 2015 5:38 PM
Apr 26, 2015 3:38 PM

Jan 2015
So didn't expect so much drama in the first chapter XD Question now, why does Sakura have a photo of Sasuke during his TAKA days? & if Sarada is really Karin's daughter, why would Karin entrust Sakura with her & Sasuke's child? I know Sakura would do it for Sasuke since she loves him, but Karin? I don't know... this is all too weird XD Really looking forward to reading this side story!
Apr 26, 2015 3:50 PM
Apr 2015
Isterio said:
GangstaPriest said:
So, I guess we're now following the adventures of Salad-chan and her friend Burrito-kun.

I'm not exactly convinced yet, but let's see how it all turns out before judging too early.

PS: Am I the only one who still can't process the thought of Sasuke and Sakura ending up together?
The romance in the original Naruto isn´t very well written.There simply isn´t enough elaboration. From the big battle shounens perspective though (having sold more then 20m volumes), it´s the best. Yes there are "shounen" out there who have have better lovestorys.On the other hand I found the lovestorys of Inuyasha,Shaman King, Dragon Ball,Bleach,Toriko, Fairy Tail, Ranma 1/2, One Piece (Yes I count Sanji),Attack on titan to be worse.

The One "battle shounen" that comes to my mind that actually has a better lovestory is Rave Master.

Regarding Sakura and Sasuke i´d say it´s something Kishi decided on a whim. Probably he intended Sasuke to be a loner but that would have been "mean" towards the character of Sakura. You must think of it, for a writer those characters are like their children. On the other hand Sasukes goal of restoring his clans pride and power took a backseat for him so that he could become the ultimate "immortal" dictator.Which is why Kishi brought Sasuke back to his original goal, while at the same time make him a wandering hermit to atone, similar to Simon in Gurren Lagann.
Shortly it was a comprimise between wanting to give the suffering heroine a happy end and make the antihero take responsibility for his actions. That´s why their development wasn´t shown. We may see it in a short flashback, but don´t expect a heartwarming lovestory.

I´ve read Shikamarus and Temaris lovestory and it´s extremely modestly written. It´s basicly two people forging a bond through working with each other, that makes them respect and admire each others qualities, warriors who fought together and become lovers.We don´t get to read about a Kiss or anything he just invites her on a date to eat lunch together. That´s it, no juicy tongue action, no neck biting just a modest lunch invitation.

I can't believe you count Sanji's part in OP. To me OP does not have any love story. Its never dealt with romance. Toriko the same thing. DB, its fine but never a big part. Shounen are not really that good with romance. And Naruto is lot better in romance department from the perspective of shounen and I actually never had problem with that. I always saw Naruto and Hinata and Sasuke and Sakura since the hospital part. Don't know why others did not see it. Now Kishi's problem is that he sucks with details so he never focuses on the little things and daily interactions much and hence it doesn't feel as complete. I think the best romantic pairing Kishi developed was between Shikamaru and Temari, but others were not really that great.
Apr 26, 2015 4:18 PM
Oct 2013
Dragon88 said:

I can't believe you count Sanji's part in OP. To me OP does not have any love story. Its never dealt with romance. Toriko the same thing. DB, its fine but never a big part. Shounen are not really that good with romance. And Naruto is lot better in romance department from the perspective of shounen and I actually never had problem with that. I always saw Naruto and Hinata and Sasuke and Sakura since the hospital part. Don't know why others did not see it. Now Kishi's problem is that he sucks with details so he never focuses on the little things and daily interactions much and hence it doesn't feel as complete. I think the best romantic pairing Kishi developed was between Shikamaru and Temari, but others were not really that great.

I never said i have a problem with it I just stated Naruto handled it best for a shounen.

Even though Toriko doesn´t have Rin and Toriko since Mitsutoshi nonchalantly pulled a Dragon Ball on them.

Regarding Sanji,

Also there is Kaya and Ussop that´s slightly hinted at.
IsterioApr 26, 2015 5:33 PM
Apr 26, 2015 5:11 PM
Jun 2013
GangstaPriest said:
Isterio said:
The romance in the original Naruto isn´t very well written.There simply isn´t enough elaboration. From the big battle shounens perspective though (having sold more then 20m volumes), it´s the best. Yes there are "shounen" out there who have have better lovestorys.On the other hand I found the lovestorys of Inuyasha,Shaman King, Dragon Ball,Bleach,Toriko, Fairy Tail, Ranma 1/2, One Piece (Yes I count Sanji),Attack on titan to be worse.

I don't know man, if we're talking about SnK, I think the story between
felt pretty genuine and heart-warming. Now if it's about Eren and Mikasa, I'm a few chapters behind but afaik there isn't and never was anything confirmed for the two of 'em.

Anyways, back on topic: I agree with you about the romance being very weak in battle shounen in general, and I don't hold it against the authors: they don't spend much time on it so I shouldn't expect too much of them in that department. But what bugged me with SasuSaku is that the pairing simply doesn't feel genuine at all, especially considering how badly Sasuke's been treating Sakura throughout the manga. Regardless of Sakura's ridiculous obsession with him, seeing them end up together leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it felt unnatural.

And yeah, Shikamaru x Temari would be the perfect counter-example: the bond they formed leaves the door open for many possibilities, without resorting to heavy-handed and clichéd stuff usually found in teenage romance stories.

isint the Snk romance your talking about one sided on the romance side.
Apr 26, 2015 5:17 PM
Jun 2013
Isterio said:
GangstaPriest said:

Anyways, back on topic: I agree with you about the romance being very weak in battle shounen in general, and I don't hold it against the authors: they don't spend much time on it so I shouldn't expect too much of them in that department. But what bugged me with SasuSaku is that the pairing simply doesn't feel genuine at all, especially considering how badly Sasuke's been treating Sakura throughout the manga. Regardless of Sakura's ridiculous obsession with him, seeing them end up together leaves a bad taste in mouth because it felt unnatural.

Well I didn´t ever much think about Sasukes and Sakuras relationship. But I´ve noticed a few things when i rewatched all of part when after Naruto ended.Sasuke is written pretty much an asexual figure. Duty, work, progress in his own ability, nothing else matters to him. Many people condemn him for his actions, I don´t.
Readers seem to not comprehend what happened to him.
8 years old boy, sees a "supposed psychopath", who was his big brother he admired and loved, killing his parens for 3 days in repetition. The boy is traumatized. 2 possible outcomes, the boy breaks, or he seeks for revenge with a burning hate.
The latter happened

I don´t know if I´m spoilering you, but you shoul´d ve read the whole manga since you comment here. Girls have a crush on Sasuke, blablabla he´s cool cause talent and good in everything and cool.
"Groupies" don´t spend time with Sasuke, Sakura does for several months as team 7. Get´s her life saved by him and Naruto on several occasions. Chunin exams kick in,
Sakura get´s her life saved again by Sasuke this time from child rapist, while Naruto is eaten by a snake.Naruto jumps in to safe them, they get both knocked out. Sakura cuts her hair and fights the sound nin.This is the turning point where she for the first time has tried to protect the boys. Same as how Hinata saved Naruto back vs Pain, Sakura sacrificed her hair (beauty) to save her teammates. Parents in general tick off when their children die, but some have no problem with abortion. Why is that? Cause they haven´t loved that child, they didn´t know it or have made any sacrifices for it.
Keep in mind sacrifice is an important term which is reoccuring in the story.
Sasuke doesn´t acknowledge Sakura as a strong person at this point in time,but Naruto.
Sasuke vs Gaara happens, invasion of Konoha and Gaara runs away with Sasuke following him. Sakura is abducted by Gaara and Sasuke saves her again, with the intention of sacrificing his life for her. Sasuke: I don´t want to lose my Nakama, I don´t wanna go again through this feeling.
So we get clarified although he doesn´t acknowledge her strength they are family too him so much that he intends to die so that they can live (same as with Haku).
Sakura during their whole times and conversations together learns through what kind of hell Naruto and Sasuke went, she is aware of the fact that she cannot comprehend this, and unaware of how she would behave given their circumstances.
She even cries when she learns about the Jins fate. Basicly Naruto here works as portray (what Naruto goes through Sasuke goes through maybe worse).
Sasuke thanks her everything before he leaves. Knowing the place he´s going isn´t suited for her, he intends to go to hell to obtain power in order to kill his "psychotic" brother, He doesn´t wanna drag her in.Timeskip kicks in and at this point in time Sasuke is neither a dick nor does he have killed anyone. Their willingness to kill existed since Haku. Yet Orochimaru mentions: Why don´t you kill the test subjects. He replies with he wants only Itachi.Sasukes first kill is Orochimaru and that´s not even legit. Itachi get´s "killed"by him first legit. That´s the point from where on he´s insane and willing to drown puppýs in a public toilet. Chapter 402 before that Sasuke is nothing but a shittalker.

Then the infamous chapter 483 and 484 happen where Sasuke tries twice to kill her, which she also tries but fails.
Ok so at this point in time Sakura has killed no one, we don´t even know if she has the resolve to actually kill. Yes she may fataly wound someone but we don´t know if she is capable of killing. Wether or not she´s a good Ninja doesn´t matter. She has no kills at this momment. We know Naruto has that resolve since Haku.
But granted here. Sasuke is insane at this point in time the guy doesn´t give a shit about anything all that matters is the past, he´s like a drunktard. Drunk on power and revenge.
Quote Kakashi: A history of hatred, that´s what turned Sasuke into what he is now.
This guy is ready to kill his student, like Itachi he´s a real Ninja, if necessary he´ll kill anyone for greater good. Hashirama is the best example with his speech towards Madara, of how a Ninja should be, even if his own child opposes his village he´ll kill him.

Now people hate alot on Naruto because he refuses to kill him, but what Kishi tried to portray here is,in his deepest core this guy is actually good, circumstances fucked him up.

It´s a message to us readers to legitimize Narutos and Sakuras point of view. Basicly under all this layers of madness and hatred their old friend that "intended to sacrifice his life" for their sake is somewhere in there. They do not blame him for what he has become, they rather pity him. Kakashi is the only real ninja in this situation.
The other 2 give in to their naive feelings.
Another message the manga often covers. Ninja should cease to exist, ninja aren´t a good thing. Even though they are a necessity, they wouldn´t be necessary if humans would be decent to each other.

Everything beyond that is rather self explanatory Sasuke remains asexual for another 214 chapters because he intends to rule the world as a dictator. Sasukes Talk no Jutsu in chapter 698 sums it up. 699 nails it with the tap on the forehead.
Again love through admiration, she didn´t give up on him, no other woman is capable of doing this. Yes he could bang whatever skank he wants but no skank would genuinely love him after all he did .

It´s not good romance.Kishi just gave Sakura the same treatment the NaruSasu relationship had. If Naruto can see "the good" in his friend why shouldn´t Sakura believe in her love. That´s at least the best explanation I could give you.

wow that sure is alot,but interesting read.
Apr 26, 2015 8:28 PM

Feb 2014
This is prob the first possible NTR I approve lol even tho it's just a troll attempt
No Hinata cameo tho, riot! >:(

G_Spark233 said:
If Sarada is really Karin's daughter that makes her half Uchiha and half Uzumaki. This is the closest we're gonna get to Naruto and Sasuke having a love child XD

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Apr 27, 2015 6:59 AM

Jan 2014
souledge94 said:

If you're talking about the one in spoiler tags, then no. It clearly gos both ways. But if you're talking about Eren x Mikasa, we're not even sure Mikasa loves Eren romantically. Sure, she's still emotionally depedent on him and somewhat managed to come to terms with her feelings for him, but the nature of said feelings is still not clear yet.

Isterio said:
Don't worry you're not spoiling anything.
Pfiou, that was a lot to read.

I don't disagree with anything you just wrote, even though I wouldn't interpret Sakura cutting her hair as her symbolically sacrificing her beauty (the hair cutting for female characters is a method of characterisation often used in asian fiction -and IRL- to describe a drastic change: the hair cutting is more of a sign of renewal. You start things anew while promising yourself to do things differently -i.e. better- this time around).

My problem with it is that the feelings always come from one single direction, and it's Sakura. If I use your own terms, Sasuke's asexuality is precisely what prevents me from validating the pairing. Hell, the one character Sasuke's always had the strongest feelings for, besides his big bro, was Naruto.
If I follow you he basically chose Sakura by default, because she was his only female friend at the time he came back to the village, not because felt anything special for her.That's what rubs me the wrong way.
Besides, when I was talking about Sasuke mistreating Sakura, I did not only refer to the time he tried to kill her (twice), but to all the times when he's been needlessly rude to her. That's also for all those reasons that Sakura's feelings for him seem more to me like a bad childhood crush she never managed to get over than genuine love through admiration.
Don't get me wrong tho, I don't even think it's bad writing, because that kind of shit happens all the time in the world, but I just don't like it.
SapewlothApr 27, 2015 12:14 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 27, 2015 8:03 AM
Jun 2013
GangstaPriest said:
souledge94 said:

If you're talking about the one in spoiler tags, then no. It clearly gos both ways. But if you're talking about Eren x Mikasa, we're not even sure Mikasa loves Eren romantically. Sure, she's still emotionally depedent on him and somewhat managed to come to terms with her feelings for him, but the nature of said feelings is still not clear yet.

Isterio said:

I don't disagree with anything you just wrote, even though I wouldn't interpret Sakura cutting her hair as her symbolically sacrificing her beauty (the hair cutting for female characters is a method of characterisation often used in asian fiction -and IRL- to describe a drastic change: the hair cutting is more of a sign of renewal. You start things anew while promising yourself to do things differently -i.e. better- this time around).

My problem with the feelings always come from one single direction, and it's Sakura. If I use your own terms, Sasuke's asexuality is precisely what prevents me from validating the pairing. Hell, the one character Sasuke's always had the strongest feelings for, besides his big bro, was Naruto.
If I follow you he basically chose Sakura by default, because she was his only female friend at the time he came back to the village, not because felt anything special for her.That's what rubs me the wrong way.
Besides, when I was talking about Sasuke mistreating Sakura, I did not only refer to the time he tried to kill her (twice), but to all the times when he's been needlessly rude to her, even when he didn't need to. That's also for all those reasons that Sakura's feelings for him seem more to me like a bad childhood crush she never managed to get over than genuine love through admiration.
Don't get me wrong tho, I don't even think it's bad writing, because that kind of shit happens all the time in the world, but I just don't like it.

Im talking about snk and it doesint go both ways untill its said. Someone can still care for someone deeply but not romantically.
Apr 27, 2015 9:00 AM
Oct 2013
GangstaPriest said:

Kishi has admitted in an interview, the year escapes me right now (2012/2013), that he forgott about Sakura. That´s the reason why she´s such an underwhelming character for a big amount of "loud people". I don´t know wether it´s a mayority or a minority that dislikes Sakura, I know she has her fair share of fanbase and haters.Kishi explained alot about his characters creation in interviews and volume bonuses.I can link you the interview, but Sakura is a character that was handed to him, he designed her himself but he initially didn´t intend for her character to exist. Initiatlly the relationship should be between Naruto and Kakashi as his sensei. He added Sasuke when he thought Naruto should have a rival and completely rewrote the story. His Editor thought a rival story would be more entertaining with a love triangle sprinkled in and a calm girl to balances out Narutos and Sasukes hotheads.That´s how Sakura came into existence, that´s also where all the Naru Hina and Narusaku rivalry stems from. Hinata´s conception was probably that of a townsgirl/love interest charater that resembled a princess. Narutos blond hair should depict a foreigner living in feudal japan. I imagine the initial story was that of a foreigner(outsider) becoming a "King"(Hokage) and marrying a princess, because he made everyone approve of him through his deeds.

This is why their relationship feels more natural. Naruto(idiot shounen trope) doesn´t realize the affection that´s projected towards him, till the end of the story.
It´s meant to mirror this:
Gokus lovestory:

Vegeta and Bulma :

That´s the level of affection Vegeta ever showed to her. I´m positive that unlike Goku this guy knew about the birds and the bees. it´s just not well developed and Sasuke mirrors Vegeta. I mean they didn´t marry initially like Goku and Chichi. Trunks was Vegetas Bastard child, cause Bulma wanted that Saiyan dick.
The guy intended to blow up her planet and she still fall for his charm.
IsterioApr 27, 2015 9:08 AM
Apr 27, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
G_Spark233 said:
If Sarada is really Karin's daughter that makes her half Uchiha and half Uzumaki. This is the closest we're gonna get to Naruto and Sasuke having a love child XD

Sarada x Boruto. Their offspring will have all the good genes combined (including the 3 legendary eye techniques).
Apr 27, 2015 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
souledge94 said:
Im talking about snk and it doesint go both ways untill its said. Someone can still care for someone deeply but not romantically.

That's... exactly what I said, tho?

I'm not sure where we're disagreeing.

@Isterio
About Kishi having forgotten about Sakura: yeah, I figured as much. It was the only plausible reason for her to be a part of the main trio and end up being such an underwhelming character in comparison with Naruto, Sasuke or even Kakashi for that matter.
Now about Dragon Ball: I see the parallels between the Vegeta x Bulma and Sasuke x Sakura, but I wouldn't exactly use DB as an example of romance done right either, so, yeah... And lol @ Trunks being a bastard child. Just because a kid is born out of wedlock doesn't make them illegitimate: my parents never got married but I'll be damned if I ever let someone call me a bastard.

Apart from that all your posts have been very informative, so thanks for that.
SapewlothApr 27, 2015 12:51 PM
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Apr 27, 2015 12:49 PM
Oct 2013
GangstaPriest said:
souledge94 said:

@Isterio
About Kishi having forgotten about Sasura: yeah, I figured as much. It was the only plausible reason for her to be a part of the main trio and end up being such an underwhelming character in comparison with Naruto, Sasuke or even Kakashi for that matter.
Now about Dragon Ball: I see the parallels between the Vegeta x Bulma and Sasuke x Sakura, but I wouldn't exactly use DB as an example of romance done right either, so, yeah... And lol @ Trunks being a bastard child. Just because a kid is born out of wedlock doesn't make them illegitimate: my parents never got married but I'll be damned if I ever let someone call me a bastard.

Apart from that all your posts have been very informative, so thanks for that.

Excuse me for that it´s an old fashioned term and well it was meant to be offensive since in the past not being married was a disgrace, but in todays society things are kinda different. Anyway, I´m never implying that Kishi is a good romance writer, in the sense of a romance manga. I´m just trying to explain, why he didn´t focus on those aspects of the manga and how his mindset towards the romance was. If AT sensei can do it, why should I bother with explaining their feelings too much. It´s embarassing anyway!
I´ve actually never read a manga that does romance "right" to make me actually care. The Naruhina relationship as well as the Shikatema if I take the Novel into account is the best romance I´ve seen in manga period. As someone who hates romances, I´ve managed to root for Hinata and Naruto, even wishing for them to become a couple.
Don´t get me wrong I´ve read Ranma 1/2 which is a Harem and should have some romance to completion .I still think the romance was trash although a great read. I´ve also read Inuyasha from start to chapter 380 something, then I didn´t give a fuck anymore. OHH no it´s another demon create by Naraku, what should we do?
Curses, how could Inuyasha defeat my fodder demon HOOOOOW?But I´ve read the final volume in a library and really liked the conclusion after I had watched the Anime for a while. Really nice and beatiful conclusion.
The romance between Miroku and Sango is kinda justified, but Inuyasha and Kagome no.
I call bullshit on that. Ah y Sailormoon Anime up to completion Bullshit writing.
IsterioApr 27, 2015 1:04 PM
Apr 27, 2015 12:53 PM
Apr 2015
Every1XplodeNOW said:
Who is the light blue hair kid? I don't remember him from the last Naruto chapter...
I have a theory that he is connected/ a descendant of Toneri Otsutsuki. He looks alot like him. Also I have a theory that Boruto or Hamawari ( Naruto's sister) may get the Tenseigan. Cause just like Toneri Otsutsuki they both have Senju/Uzumaki and Hyuuga blood in them that may lead to the Tenseigan like how Sasuke got the Rinnegan Sharingan mix cause he was a descendant of Indra.
Apr 27, 2015 12:56 PM
Oct 2013
SeventhSage said:
Every1XplodeNOW said:
Who is the light blue hair kid? I don't remember him from the last Naruto chapter...
I have a theory that he is connected/ a descendant of Toneri Otsutsuki. He looks alot like him. Also I have a theory that Boruto or Hamawari ( Naruto's sister) may get the Tenseigan. Cause just like Toneri Otsutsuki they both have Senju/Uzumaki and Hyuuga blood in them that may lead to the Tenseigan like how Sasuke got the Rinnegan Sharingan mix cause he was a descendant of Indra.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1377913

Here go add whatever you want! I made this explaining how Kishi even foreshadowed [b]"The Last"[b] within the manga and parts of the Miniseries premise.
IsterioApr 27, 2015 1:01 PM
Apr 27, 2015 1:40 PM

Jan 2014
Kindof off topic but I share your sentiment on Inuyasha: I mean I love the manga to death, but the Inuyasha x Kagome teasing got super annoying at one point, so much that anything that happened between them I couldn't take seriously anymore.
There's actually quite a lot of good romances out there, but you'd probably have to look in the shoujo/josei department. I don't too many myself, but you could start with Nana.
It's a great manga, with very complex and interesting characters. I've never watched the anime, but if it's half as good as the source material, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

Apr 27, 2015 2:07 PM
Oct 2013
GangstaPriest said:
Kindof off topic but I share your sentiment on Inuyasha: I mean I love the manga to death, but the Inuyasha x Kagome teasing got super annoying at one point, so much that anything that happened between them I couldn't take seriously anymore.
There's actually quite a lot of good romances out there, but you'd probably have to look in the shoujo/josei department. I don't too many myself, but you could start with Nana.
It's a great manga, with very complex and interesting characters. I've never watched the anime, but if it's half as good as the source material, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

I am not exclusively searching for romance tbh, I like it when an MC has a girlfriend though, because that gives him some sense of completion and humanity. The Mc feels like a human being and not like a super hero whose only duty is to protect his friends.

See when I was young I used to read manga in the public library.
I think, I´ve read 2 Shoujo for a longer period. First shoujo tend to have an artstyle that makes me cringe second they are stalled forever and never have any progress.
One is Oh My Goddess! The other was Marmelade boy, I think just 5 volumes.
Anyway If I´d have to judge the romance writing I´d still go with Naruhina because it´s a relationship forged on admiration although low on screentime the moments were heartwarming and honest.There is never "thirst "involved within this relationship or interest because of good looks. Although no castmember in Naruto really looks ugly.
Like in other manga where it´s about the MC´s loving each other but both being too shy to confess.

I´ll take a look into Nana, but there must be conflict around it. If the whole conflict is wether they get together or not alone I just cringe.
IsterioApr 27, 2015 2:13 PM
Apr 27, 2015 2:26 PM

Jun 2011
Extremely weird thing that Sarada & Sasuke have never met before. :-( Quite heartless from Sasuke's point of view...
Apr 27, 2015 7:45 PM
Mar 2015

sexism a its finest
Apr 27, 2015 7:53 PM

Jan 2014
I know it can be so low on Sakura's part, if she was pretending to be Sarada's mother and if Karin is the real mother... but I do feel sorry for her.... if it will turn out like that... according to some peoples speculations...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 27, 2015 8:17 PM

Aug 2014
There's a possibility Sakura is sick, maybe even seriously. She didn't really look that well after she got hospitalized, and Shizune's statement about her constantly fainting is such BS. Sakura has literally fainted in only one chapter out of 700, and that was in Part 1 when she saw Sasuke's head sticking out of the ground, which was for comic relief.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 28, 2015 5:50 AM

Feb 2015
Boruto is cool, the next generation is a mindfuck, like at the end of the last harry potter movie.

Apr 28, 2015 5:54 AM

Dec 2013
I still can't over how random Choji x Karui was 0.0
Apr 28, 2015 6:00 AM
Apr 2015
[quote=Isterio]
Dragon88 said:

I never said i have a problem with it I just stated Naruto handled it best for a shounen.

Even though Toriko doesn´t have Rin and Toriko since Mitsutoshi nonchalantly pulled a Dragon Ball on them.

Regarding Sanji,

Also there is Kaya and Ussop that´s slightly hinted at.

Sorry about that. I did not mean it that you had problem with it. I was kinding of saying it in terms of general public because lot of people kept on complaining about Naruto being with Hinata.

And can't believe I completely forgot Usopp and Kaya. Yeah that seems to be the only one. With Sanji, he just doesn't have that deep connection with any female to say that there is any romance within it. He just loves all beautiful women and as a result I don't see anything with him.
Apr 28, 2015 6:05 AM

Jan 2014
trump54 said:

sexism a its finest
Wow. That's ridiculous.
How old is she again?

Cosmicbeing said:
Boruto is cool, the next generation is a mindfuck, like at the end of the last harry potter movie.

I've never been too fond of kids=parents in both looks and personality. It always seems like the author is relying entirely on the success of his old characters and refuses to take risks.
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:

Apr 28, 2015 6:26 AM
May 2013
ThreePointer said:
Yay, more material.
Saskue is competing for best dad against Goku XD

Goku has no chance in hell against Sasuke
Apr 28, 2015 11:36 AM
Oct 2013
GangstaPriest said:

I've never been too fond of kids=parents in both looks and personality. It always seems like the author is relying entirely on the success of his old characters and refuses to take risks.

A kid will always inherits certain characteristics of their parents. Time will tell, if a writer is good with parental roles/inheritance of character writing he´ll balance it out.

The kids should have the characteristics of both parents if Kishi does a good job.
For example I see in Sarada both parents,the calm calucating Sasuke and but also a shy tsundere like her mom. Chocho is hotblooded and foul mouthed like her mother but has an affection for food like her dad.

Boruto and Shikadai currently look like carbon copies, but Boruto can be exceptionally smart and talented with Jutsu. Which isn´t far fetched since Hinata´s weakness was self confidence.Shikadai is the hardest to portray in my opinion, the parent´s are too similar. The one distinction I could come up with would be to make him extremely arrogant, because stupid doesn´t really make sense.
IsterioApr 29, 2015 1:05 PM
Apr 28, 2015 11:10 PM
Jun 2013
GangstaPriest said:
souledge94 said:

Im talking about the spoiler tag one not eren and Mikasa
Apr 29, 2015 1:56 PM
Mar 2015
boruto and sarada dressed in dark colors
at the least the generation is smarter

but shouldnt the world be in peace
Apr 29, 2015 2:00 PM
Oct 2013
trump54 said:
boruto and sarada dressed in dark colors
at the least the generation is smarter

but shouldnt the world be in peace

Read the Novels to get that answer.
They build something like the Uno for the Ninja wold. The villages work together now and matters get discussed therefore conflict get´s avoided. Anyway I won´t spoil you further.

The idea behind the peace is that every generation does it a little better till the "true peace" is achieved.
Apr 30, 2015 10:25 AM

Oct 2011
"Mommy, how did you and daddy fall in love?"

Hinata: "Well, I had a crush on him back when we were kids because of how confident and determined he was, then he helped your dead uncle straighten his life out and inspired me to pursue my career as a ninja, then I saved his life from the boss of an evil organization, then he saved my life during World War 4, then we consoled each other after your uncle died, then he went to the moon to save me from being forced into marriage with a moon man and we flew through the upper atmosphere and kissed in front of the moon after stopping it from crashing into the earth and we got married on a beautiful spring day with all our friends there. It was wonderful"

Sakura "Let's see, I had a crush on him in school because he was the most popular kid in school but he wasn't really interested, then he knocked me out and left the village to join an insane madman so he could become more powerful, tried to kill his best friend, tried to kill me, killed his brother, tried to assassinate a Hokage and became an enemy of several different nations, plotted to destroy our home village, tried to kill me again, reluctantly joined us to help out during World War 4, tried to kill me again, said I was useless in the battle and would only get in the way so he'd let me die if he had to, planned to conquer the world, created an illusion where he tried to kill me, got his arm blown off, said he was sorry, abandoned me for a few years, then came back for a couple days or so, then abandoned me for another decade and left me to raise you alone. It was...a thing. "
Apr 30, 2015 11:56 AM

Oct 2014
I'm laughing with joy at all these disillusioned SakuraxSasuke shippers. Yea they got together but its not they way you wanted to be and plus Karin is mom muahahahaahhaha
Apr 30, 2015 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
The first thing I thought when I saw Sarada was ''She looks like Karin''.
It's just funny how people try to analyse his drawing style of Karin, Sarada and Sakura (like the eyes or the height of her forehead) to give proof who the real mother is. To me, it means nothing, because they look similar. I wouldn't mind if Karin is the mother, since I shipped her with Sasuke. The way Sakura reacted to her confrontation is strange, too. Maybe Sakura adopted and accepted her as her daughter (with a strange background story lmao). Sakura sticking a photo of her to another one with Sasuke is funny though. It is just confusing, because if it's real, why didn't he make SasuKarin canon in the first place? Gaining hate of the fans because he made SasuSaku canon and now he changed his opinion?
Apr 30, 2015 1:28 PM
Sep 2007
Gov said:
"Mommy, how did you and daddy fall in love?"

Hinata: "Well, I had a crush on him back when we were kids because of how confident and determined he was, then he helped your dead uncle straighten his life out and inspired me to pursue my career as a ninja, then I saved his life from the boss of an evil organization, then he saved my life during World War 4, then we consoled each other after your uncle died, then he went to the moon to save me from being forced into marriage with a moon man and we flew through the upper atmosphere and kissed in front of the moon after stopping it from crashing into the earth and we got married on a beautiful spring day with all our friends there. It was wonderful"

Sakura "Let's see, I had a crush on him in school because he was the most popular kid in school but he wasn't really interested, then he knocked me out and left the village to join an insane madman so he could become more powerful, tried to kill his best friend, tried to kill me, killed his brother, tried to assassinate a Hokage and became an enemy of several different nations, plotted to destroy our home village, tried to kill me again, reluctantly joined us to help out during World War 4, tried to kill me again, said I was useless in the battle and would only get in the way so he'd let me die if he had to, planned to conquer the world, created an illusion where he tried to kill me, got his arm blown off, said he was sorry, abandoned me for a few years, then came back for a couple days or so, then abandoned me for another decade and left me to raise you alone. It was...a thing. "
Only problem is that Sakura is actual character, while Hinata is Naruto's satellite, and she barely have any relationships even with her own father and sister.

Also Studio Pierrot.

That being said, I'm fine with both Karin and Sakura being Sarada's mom since I like them both.

Sasuke and Naruto are both boring anyway, although Sasuke had his moments.
Apr 30, 2015 5:32 PM
Mar 2015
Psajdak said:
Gov said:

Only problem is that Sakura is actual character, while Hinata is Naruto's satellite, and she barely have any relationships even with her own father and sister.

Also Studio Pierrot.

That being said, I'm fine with both Karin and Sakura being Sarada's mom since I like them both.

Sasuke and Naruto are both boring anyway, although Sasuke had his moments.

I would rather be a satlelite then an emotional punching bag like sakura
Apr 30, 2015 11:09 PM
Sep 2007
Calling her a punching bag when she did so much good, and accomplished so much without magic like Byakugan, Kyubi, or Sharingan, just means you are a hater.

Naruto who is a titular character was actually made into a punching bag for a stupid reason.

When I said satellite about Hinata, I meant that basically most of her lines are Naruto-kun, and that isn't good - well, if you like her just for her shy personality, and looks, well, that is a fetish.

Sakura, or rather most of the other characters interacted with more than one other character.

But then again, maybe it's just more on a personal level in my case since I've grown to love and respect Sakura for her struggles despite author often putting her in difficult situations.

But then again, Kishimoto admittedly killed Neji for Naruto and Hinata to get closer - nothing against NaruHina, btw, also, guy who cause deaths of your parents became the coolest guy, etc.
And overall he is bad with writting women, and that includes Sakura too.

But, I guess I'm one of those people where what Kishi did with Sakura, rather than hate her like so much people, made me love her instead for her struggles, and just the fact that she's closer to the normal human nature, than Sasuke and Naruto will ever be.

Maybe people who prefer Hinata also see something else to her beside a character only centered around Naruto, and that is okay, but mentioning stuff like her having a happy life, when Sakura, who did so much more good, including saving Hinata's life, and being supportive of her in her feelings towards Naruto, is probably suffering due to Sasuke being away...

It's kinda disgusting.

I honestly can't understand how can people hate such patient and enduring nice person like Sakura who struggles without some super genes, even if she could be written better.

Nothing against Hinata, in that one anime episode where she trains Shino, she was actually okay.
KleferiApr 30, 2015 11:20 PM
May 1, 2015 1:14 AM

Jan 2015
I don't think i have ever seen a mangaka seemly hate and troll his own main female character as much as kishimoto. Mostly all of the people who watch the series naruto seemly hates sakura because kishimoto simply refuses to development her character and actually hasn't made her truly do anything memorable at least once throughout the entire series. In fact it seems like kishimoto would rather add fuel to the fire instead when it come to his main female character of the series.
May 1, 2015 2:15 AM
Mar 2011
duh please stop bad-commenting kishimoto,

maybe its sakura's fate, i personally blame her cuz she chose sasuke over naruto, and she paid the price, thats her own doing, thats her own fault,

i know shes a great character, and shes really kind for being a cupid between hinata and naruto, but its just her own choice to be like that, she chose to grief over her love for sasuke,

the one who should eat a dick is sasuke, not kishimoto
May 1, 2015 2:34 AM
Sep 2007
Well, I don't know if Kishi really hate and intentionally troll Sakura, but considering the treatment of other female characters too...

Temari - only did something relevant during the fight with Shikamaru, and when she appeared to help him against Tayuya.
She was even non-existent even during Rescue Gaara arc.
In Shikamaru's novel she does have bigger role.

Kurenai - supposed to be genjutsu master, but ended up one-shotted by Itachi as soon as he appeared.
Afterwards, it was all over for her.

Anko - so much potential, Curse Seal, badass personality, but in the end just ended up fat.

Tenten - barely even present, but in Rock Lee spin-off she's rather funny.
Too bad weapons were so ignored.

Konan - had nice fight with Obito, but in the end just ended up Naruto's cheerleader, and we never got to see her relationship with Jiraiya, even though she spent three years training under him.
Had to be killed.

Tayuya - overall one of the best female characters, but also had to be killed very soon.

Ino - great natural and balanced normal girl personality, with jutsu that was so promising - only got relevant as Shinobi Alliance telephone.

Mei - freaking Mizukage, but Kishimoto turned her into a running gag about not being able to find a husband.

Yugao - female ANBU could be such cool character, but all she got were two anime episodes with resurrected Hayate.

Hinata - I already said about her. Written as if the entire universe only has one person in it - Naruto.
Even for a girl in love, that is kinda weird.
Rock Lee spin-off even made some jokes about it.

But then again, even so much of male characters ended up jokes in with time - Orochimaru, Nagato, Obito, Lee, Naruto when Child of the Prophecy bullshit was introduced, Neji's only relevant role in part 2 was to get killed so NaruHina could happen (admitted by Kishimoto himself), and he was genius, Suigetsu was cool, but not really important as well, Gaara ended up as yet another Naruto's cheerleader, etc...

In fact, Kakashi who is 4th main character in series, had to get Sharingan, and Susanoo to become relevant during the end of original manga.

Kishi simply forced too much Sasuke vs Naruto destiny gay fight with big Kamehamehas and Megazords, light vs dark, and all that, making both of them too one-dimensional.

Overall, Kishimoto isn't capable to write decent and lasting female character, especially in teenage years, like for instance authors of ATLA, or TLOK.

So it's not just Sakura, since never did any female in Naruto series, did something more relevant than guys, but she, Sakura, gets bonus hate since she's main girl, and probably because she loves Sasuke who is also hated by many, and not Naruto.

Just think about Itachi - I like him, and he's cool, and all, but if how Kishi wrote him, or rather retconned him, wasn't wank for male character to end all wanks, then I don't know what is.

Who knows, maybe Sarada will be the first Naruto female that will end up good for the whole time - so far she's okay.

EDIT: Remeber when Naruto came during Pain arc, and said to Tsunade who is Hokage to go, and have some tea?
That pretty much cemented Kishi's opinion about relevance of women in his story.
KleferiMay 1, 2015 2:44 AM
May 1, 2015 3:14 AM
Mar 2014
Karin is not the mother that is confirmed by Kishimoto.

However he do like to tease us with it lol.
May 2, 2015 10:08 AM

Sep 2013
Lust said:
Karin is not the mother that is confirmed by Kishimoto.

Kishi also just confirmed that Sarada is the main character for this mini series XD
May 3, 2015 8:55 PM
May 2015
I think Sarada is going to continue to think that Karin is her mother, but won't tell sakura (maybe in the fear of her breaking the house XD) so sarada is going to finding convincing things, and this will add up on her hate towards sasuke. She will go through misery and hate— do you know what this means?— she will activate her sharingan. Then, you see oruchimaru (remember him? And how he just dissapeared?) So oruchimaru is the one setting this all up because he is very bored. Konoha and the other villages have been peaceful, so oruchimaru wants to play with sasuke a little more using sarada as his bait. Now he twists sarada's mind into hating sasuke very much, increasing her genjutsu powers and sharingan, making sasuke and sakura reveal their secret. I guess boruto acts like how naruto acted for sasuke— bringing them back to the light.

This is just a theory I made up XD

But I don't think sarada is Karin's child because sasuke doesn't like her, and tried to kill her once. Plus he apologizes to sakura in the second to last chapter, and felt guilty. So I feel like he would choose sakura over Karin. Any day.
May 3, 2015 9:04 PM
Oct 2013
mridiniram01 said:
I think Sarada is going to continue to think that Karin is her mother, but won't tell sakura (maybe in the fear of her breaking the house XD) so sarada is going to finding convincing things, and this will add up on her hate towards sasuke. She will go through misery and hate— do you know what this means?— she will activate her sharingan. Then, you see oruchimaru (remember him? And how he just dissapeared?) So oruchimaru is the one setting this all up because he is very bored. Konoha and the other villages have been peaceful, so oruchimaru wants to play with sasuke a little more using sarada as his bait. Now he twists sarada's mind into hating sasuke very much, increasing her genjutsu powers and sharingan, making sasuke and sakura reveal their secret. I guess boruto acts like how naruto acted for sasuke— bringing them back to the light.

But I don't think sarada is Karin's child because sasuke doesn't like her, and tried to kill her once. Plus he apologizes to sakura in the second to last chapter, and felt guilty. So I feel like he would choose sakura over Karin. Any day.

Read this Kishi has left a shitload of hints.

Some spoilers leaked Orochimaru is confirmed for the miniseries and guess what he´s fucking around with eyes again.
IsterioMay 3, 2015 9:26 PM
May 4, 2015 1:14 PM
May 2015
Isterio said:
mridiniram01 said:

Read this Kishi has left a shitload of hints.

Some spoilers leaked Orochimaru is confirmed for the miniseries and guess what he´s fucking around with eyes again.

Thanks!!
May 5, 2015 6:34 AM

Nov 2013
hoping they show kakashi and gai at some point keeping up their rivalry, even though they might have to stick to board games from now on....

;-;
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 13, 2015 1:34 AM
Jul 2010
I hope this manga will be as good as Dragon Ball Z
May 14, 2015 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
Great chapter, I'm back on board being hyped for the Naruto manga again, though I wonder how long it'll stay good cause if it's just gonna be 40 chapters of this then I doubt it.

Jun 2, 2015 10:00 PM

May 2012
That family photo lol.

7/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jun 19, 2015 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
10 years man.
Jul 4, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2011
Sasuke, I hope there's a real good reason for not taking a picture with Sakura.. and Sakura.. that was just sad, patching a picture of yours on another picture of Sasuke's to make it look like you both took the picture together.

The dialogue in this chapter didn't feel like a dialogue, it was awkward. Not all, but specifically the conversation between Sakura and Sarada.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2015

201 by tcandy19 »»
Jan 10, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Road to "B" Chapter 1 Discussion

AllenVonStein - Aug 30, 2015

4 by Fallazar »»
Aug 20, 2021 5:01 PM

» It's really sad that most people hate Sakura...

Kleferi - Jul 6, 2015

35 by AbiSa »»
Mar 29, 2021 11:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2015

119 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 3, 2019 11:21 PM

» Will boruto have the byakugan?

deadworm - May 21, 2015

26 by Terguta »»
Dec 7, 2017 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.