Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 27, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
depend on anime adaptation. if anime adaptation are suck, i can still read manga. if it suck from manga, i cant say anything anymore.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 27, 2015 10:37 AM
Apr 2015
mayukachan said:
FanEu said:
Lots of anime don't have a satisfying ending and are just a teaser/advertisement to go buy the manga
Or the adaptations just suck (see Tokyo Ghoul) or could have been a lot more (One Piece the anime is terrible compared to the Manga)

Or it's because of:
- it only adapts one third of the manga and not even the good parts
- outdated animation/art (like Lovely Complex which is just ugly to watch)
- misfitting voices

Agreed
While Anime is still a great medium its by no means "the best"
For that its just too sloppy most of the time
Apr 27, 2015 10:39 AM

Aug 2014
Anime because it have voices! OST! Animation!
That said, manga is good too, because some of them are more detailed, and expressed much better than in the anime.
Apr 27, 2015 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
Anime>Manga, but sadly many Anime are sub-par versions of their manga counterparts. In other words, an Anime done right exceeds manga.
Apr 27, 2015 10:42 AM

Jun 2014
Unyilkdr said:
depend on anime adaptation. if anime adaptation are suck, i can still read manga. if it suck from manga, i cant say anything anymore.

usually the anime is done better if the source material is of lower quality
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 27, 2015 10:43 AM

Feb 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
It can also fix the problems that the manga had.

It can also accentuate them. I'd never heard any one say anything bad about Parasyte until it got an anime, even though the same problems can be traced back to the manga. I guess by nature with anime all factors become more noticeable as you can't skim over them.
Apr 27, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2013
Anime wins.

The only Manga I read are those that have yet to be adapted.
Apr 27, 2015 10:48 AM

Mar 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Unyilkdr said:

usually the anime is done better if the source material is of lower quality

i agree with you.
gintama and lot of romance can be perfect example. it have poor art.
thats why i usually watch anime first if it have anime adaptation before read manga specially for romance.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 27, 2015 10:51 AM

Feb 2013
Manga>anime as far as adaptations go generally. It's just so easy to misrepresent someone else vision as there's too much that can and will go wrong with making an anime. The whole "it has color! and sound!" thing doesn't hold much water since unless the production quality is exceptional then it's easy to take for granted, and if it's outright bad then it does more harm then good.
Apr 27, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2010
gedata said:
IntroverTurtle said:
It can also fix the problems that the manga had.

It can also accentuate them. I'd never heard any one say anything bad about Parasyte until it got an anime, even though the same problems can be traced back to the manga. I guess by nature with anime all factors become more noticeable as you can't skim over them.
Yes it tends to make the good and the bad more noticeable. I did hear a little bit about its ending before the anime. But it's also not only that but anime is a much more popular medium in the west so before it had an anime there really was not many people interested in it enough or have read it enough for people to actually complain about it and we all know about the microscope people use to look at an anime once it's popular. A lot of people dislike unpopular anime you just don't hear about it because they don't think it's worthwhile to say when no one else has watched it, once it's popular flaw bandwagons start to pop up(I thought it went downhill in the second half, I thought that too, now that I realize I thought that too too, oh me too) and people will criticize it just because it's popular and well recieved.
Apr 27, 2015 11:01 AM

Nov 2014
Well, i enjoy both media, but i still prefer anime than manga. Most manga series are superior than their anime adaptation though.
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Apr 27, 2015 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
I like that you made this thread in the anime discussion forum. xD
Apr 27, 2015 11:04 AM

Oct 2014
Anime if done good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2015 11:04 AM

May 2014
Manga, why? Because there are certain mangas* which haven't been animated or will probably never be.
Apr 27, 2015 11:27 AM

Mar 2015
KamSung said:
Manga, why? Because there are certain mangas* which haven't been animated or will probably never be.

cough cough"20th century boys, onani master kurosawa"cough cough
Apr 27, 2015 11:41 AM

Aug 2014
Anime because it is both a more visually appealing medium with colour and most importantly sound. Also there are lots of anime that aren't even based on manga in the first place (Vn, LN or even anime original shows!)

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 27, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2013
KamSung said:

Quantity over quality then?
Apr 27, 2015 2:48 PM

Dec 2012
Anime Completed: 1,654
Manga Completed: 38

The writing's on the wall.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 27, 2015 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
Dark_Chaos said:
KamSung said:

That seems to be the case for a lot of folks here.

gedata said:
Manga>anime as far as adaptations go generally. It's just so easy to misrepresent someone else vision as there's too much that can and will go wrong with making an anime. The whole "it has color! and sound!" thing doesn't hold much water since unless the production quality is exceptional then it's easy to take for granted, and if it's outright bad then it does more harm then good.

That is still far less compared to other mediums like books. For manga, everything visually is already pretty much represented, so there's little room for imagination to work in that regard.
The anime also accentuates basically everything the manga provides apart from "reading at your own pace" which only matters if you skim a lot of your manga or like to take it extremely slow.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Apr 27, 2015 4:26 PM

Feb 2013
RedRoseFring said:
Dark_Chaos said:

That seems to be the case for a lot of folks here.

gedata said:

That is still far less compared to other mediums like books. For manga, everything visually is already pretty much represented, so there's little room for imagination to work in that regard.
The anime also accentuates basically everything the manga provides apart from "reading at your own pace" which only matters if you skim a lot of your manga or like to take it extremely slow.

You also have to be willing to take into account what a visual medium is capable of. With regards to exposition for example it's easy to get into the habit of including things that aren't very engaging in animated form like long bouts of expositions that only consist of characters standing/sitting still with their mouths being the only things that move.
Apr 27, 2015 4:50 PM

Jan 2015
Manga have voice too
Apr 27, 2015 5:12 PM

Apr 2015
It depends on the series. From what I've seen manga are much more diverse then anime, in terms of art and style. Far too many anime adaptation completely remove the uniqueness of the manga's art style (A major reason I don't watch Naruto, for example).

As many have said above, anime has the potential to be much better than manga with the ability to take advantage of colours, sounds, and of course animation - but they have to be done well.

Manga does leave more to the imagination, which makes the reader a much bigger part of the experience.
Apr 27, 2015 5:19 PM

Feb 2015
Anime because I don't like reading.
Apr 27, 2015 5:47 PM

Sep 2013
Anime unless you're deaf and colorblind then there technically isn't a difference.
There's no need for all this tension.
Apr 27, 2015 5:51 PM
Apr 2015
RichtheLionheart said:
Anime>Manga, but sadly many Anime are sub-par versions of their manga counterparts. In other words, an Anime done right exceeds manga.

yeah IF its done right then sure it exceeds the manga but sadly that is rarely the case
Apr 27, 2015 6:17 PM

Sep 2014
I prefer anime since I was drawn into it far before I ever
read a manga.

By the time I looked into manga the popular ones were
already animes that I caught up to and therefore I never
followed up with the manga.
Apr 27, 2015 7:20 PM

Dec 2011
I prefer Mangas over Animes, dunno why probably because I enjoy reading not to forget that some adaptions of Animes are quite terrible Deadman Wonderland for example, was a good manga, the anime of it just sucks.

Apr 27, 2015 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
Anime. I like reading manga, I just much prefer novels when I'm in the mood to read.
Apr 27, 2015 7:24 PM

Jan 2013
Anime, I love being able to watch and listen. There are very few manga i'm interested in reading but I have been trying to broaden my horizon a bit by trying to read more often. Just need that legit Horimiya anime adaptation (the OVA sucks in my opinion).
Apr 27, 2015 7:43 PM

Mar 2015
Manga by a long shot, I'm more of a reader than a watcher and likes to use my imagination. Manga also has better characterization, superior art and arguably a better flow when telling the story.
Apr 27, 2015 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
SecretDinosaur said:
Anime. I don't really read manga. :3
Apr 27, 2015 10:05 PM

Sep 2014
Anime.
Manga for when I'm bored of anime.
Apr 27, 2015 10:07 PM

Jun 2014
both, depends on my mood
Apr 27, 2015 10:55 PM

Apr 2014
Rouzhan said:
Manga by a long shot, I'm more of a reader than a watcher and likes to use my imagination. Manga also has better characterization, superior art and arguably a better flow when telling the story.

In my experience manga usually has inferior art. They're often very rough sketches meant to get the story out there (and hopefully made into an anime). Magi comes to mind immediately. The anime, while not necessarily top tier in terms of art, is still a stark contrast.
Apr 28, 2015 4:50 AM

Nov 2014
RedEagle925 said:
Anime because I don't like reading.

At least you are honest.
Apr 28, 2015 4:58 AM

Apr 2013
Anime
Apr 28, 2015 5:22 AM

Oct 2014
Anime. A picture is worth a thousand words. A moving picture is more.
Apr 28, 2015 5:22 AM

Aug 2010
gummyghost said:
Manga because there's a lot of amazing stories not adapted to anime, plus I like reading.
I do the reading in the anime only to read the manga later on if i'm really interested, if ever...
crazyspinzApr 28, 2015 5:27 AM
Apr 28, 2015 5:28 AM

Jun 2014
AudioDruid said:
Anime. I like reading manga, I just much prefer novels when I'm in the mood to read.

I started reading the light novel of A Certain Magical Index and I find it difficult to read it all in one go even if its entertaining but that's just me.
Apr 28, 2015 6:13 AM

Apr 2015
Definite Anime.

> Lazy to read
> Colored
> Moving
> Voiced
> OP/ED Songs
> Fast phase
> BGM
#CHEXIT
Apr 28, 2015 1:43 PM
Apr 2015
Visual type of guy here, definitely anime
Apr 28, 2015 1:59 PM

Aug 2014
The don't like reading doesn't really hold up with me because I read the entire fate/stay night VN along with being able to read those single sentence things that the monogatari series flashes up.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 28, 2015 3:28 PM

Apr 2014
Possibly manga right now, I've been impressed with the few last titles I read and I'm a lot more motivated to check more stuff out.
I still like to watch anime, though.
Apr 28, 2015 3:29 PM

Jul 2012
I'd like to hear more opinions from people who've read/watched equally the same amount of manga and anime like myself, instead of people who've seen like 1000+ anime but only 30 manga. =_=
Apr 28, 2015 3:42 PM

Mar 2015
mayukachan said:
I'd like to hear more opinions from people who've read/watched equally the same amount of manga and anime like myself, instead of people who've seen like 1000+ anime but only 30 manga. =_=

managreaders here, and well, if you find something new and more variative, manga are the best place. but if you want to find amazing action, or thriller, or psicological effect, anime is your place. chose what you like.
Apr 28, 2015 4:08 PM

Mar 2013
Anime. I love my seiyuu.
Apr 28, 2015 5:02 PM

Jun 2012
Manga is a lot more enjoyable in my experience. Unless you have a depressing lack of imagination the experience can easily be just as fulfilling as watching an anime.
Apr 30, 2015 6:14 AM

Apr 2015
In most cases, the manga is better than the anime.

BUT FOR SOMEONE LAZY LIKE ME who doesn't really like to read, I watch the anime first and then decide whether it is worth investing the effort to read the manga.

E.g. I watched Skip beat! anime, LOVED it sooooo much I read all the chapters and bought all the volumes of the manga. AND....I have also written some fanfics. This is the only series for which I have invested that much of my effort. I hate reading and writing but if something really intrigues me in the anime, I will read the manga no doubt.
Apr 30, 2015 6:23 AM
Oct 2014
I prefer Manga rather than Anime since I don't have all the time in the world to watch one.
Apr 30, 2015 6:48 AM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:

oh crap better start reading more to have a valid opinion
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » A anime that mention your country? ( 1 2 )

torsan88 - Sep 17

95 by aReviewer »»
8 minutes ago

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 7 hours ago

19 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
9 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

611 by WaterMage »»
10 minutes ago

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 )

Deathlydash - Today

65 by CaptainKenshiro »»
12 minutes ago

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

62 by Razecube »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.