Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 7, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2014
I feel like there are some seriously underrated show this season and some overrated ones.

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru is definitely underrated. Can't think of any overrated ones that aren't blatantly obvious.

Thoughts?
[center][/center]
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 7, 2014 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Underrated? Donten ni Warau.
Overrated? Probably Fate/Stay Night:Unlimited Blade Works(Come,hate me).
But seriously,I am not saying that I find it to be a bad anime,it is good,but not THAT good.
Dec 7, 2014 3:00 PM

Sep 2011
Garo deserves alot more viewers than it has, though it does require a bit of patience as the plot is only just picking up, but its been great.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 7, 2014 3:04 PM

Nov 2012
Garo is the most underrated thing by far. It handles it's themes so well and it has some pretty solid action. I have no idea why people aren't watching or why those that are aren't liking it.

As for overrated, I'd go for Fate (by the general community) and Shirobako (by the elitist community). I'm enjoying both of them to an extent, but they're both no where near as great as people make them out to be, at least for me anyway.
Dec 7, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2014
Thread close in 3,2,1...
Dec 7, 2014 3:06 PM

Jul 2014
Underrated: Twintails. This show is just perfection.
Dec 7, 2014 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
We have an all-purpose OR/UR thread.

But...

Underrated: Donten ni Warau, Akatsuki no Yona, Shingeki no Bahamut (by a little..), Ookami Shoujo (should be on Maid-sama's level)
Overrated: Amagi Brilliant Park, Inou Battle, Gundam Build Fighters Try, FATE/STAY NIGHT

Miraclezify said:
As for overrated, I'd go for Fate (by the general community) and Shirobako (by the elitist community). I'm enjoying both of them to an extent, but they're both no where near as great as people make them out to be, at least for me anyway.

+1 Yeah Shirobako's nice but I still don't feel much about it. Too many things are going on. I'd rather it follow a linear structure like Bakuman.
Dec 7, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
Ah yes, I forgot Trinity Seven in my OR list. Every week's been "oh man Arata stripped another girl!!" and the comments on the threads are like "Arata's such a badass" and "My waifu is so cute when she's naked!"
Dec 7, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
Underrated : Amagi Brilliant Park. It's a pretty fun show with a unique premise.

Overrated: Fate Stay Night Unlimited Bladeworks 2014. The main characters are kind of annoying with the exceptions of Archer and Saber. The plot is also moving too slowly.
Dec 7, 2014 3:23 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Only watching 5 shows atm, but i can defo say that Selector Spread WIXOSS is underrated.
Dec 7, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2013
Overrated: Fate/Stay Night UBW

It's good, but some of the Fate/Stay Night fanboys and fangirls on here hype the hell out of the show
Dec 7, 2014 3:30 PM

Dec 2013
mayukachan said:
Ah yes, I forgot Trinity Seven in my OR list. Every week's been "oh man Arata stripped another girl!!" and the comments on the threads are like "Arata's such a badass" and "My waifu is so cute when she's naked!"

> girl watching harem and complain
>girl watching low budget harem and complain

do u watch this just to find some gore ? LOL
Dec 7, 2014 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
Here we go again!
Dec 7, 2014 3:32 PM

Jul 2012
moonnya said:
mayukachan said:

> girl watching harem and complain
>girl watching low budget harem and complain

do u watch this just to find some gore ? LOL

I thought there might be an interesting story because the manga's rated highly on MAL :| It looks like a cool Harry Potter-esque magic fantasy anime from just the cover.

Hell, I was more satisfied with Mahouka and SAO rather than this.
Dec 7, 2014 3:35 PM

Jul 2011
Underrated: Wixoss, Bahamut
Overrated: can't think of any, maybe the sequel of Psycho Pass.
Dec 7, 2014 3:35 PM

Apr 2012
cross ange is underrated

there i said it

Dec 7, 2014 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
Bahamut is overrated if anything, doesn't do anything to really break the mold. The art and animation are good but the plot is very uninspired.
Dec 7, 2014 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
Underrated: Donten ni Warau, beautiful show and Amagi Brilliant Park which is pretty fun.
Overrated: Shit like Trinity Seven and Grisaia no Kajitsu. I love and enjoy harem in general, but this two are just under my expectatives.

Dec 7, 2014 3:41 PM

Jan 2013
Okashi_sama said:
Underrated: Twintails. This show is just perfection.
That sarcasm
Dec 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2012
Underrated: Fate/Stay Night UBW, the score is not high enough.

Overrated: Everything else, because it doesn't have Rin.
Dec 7, 2014 3:48 PM

Jul 2012
BahamutPriest said:

You're funny.
Dec 7, 2014 3:48 PM

Sep 2012
gissellebatista said:
Overrated: Shit like Trinity Seven and Grisaia no Kajitsu. I love and enjoy harem in general, but this two are just under my expectatives.
Grisaia is copping mad flack for being a god awful adaptation, not overrated at all
Dec 7, 2014 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
underrated: wixoss (it's average)
overrated: kiseijuu (it's average)
Dec 7, 2014 4:08 PM

Apr 2011
Underrated: Twintails, 7 Deadly Sins (Nanatsu no Taizai)

Overrated: Gundam
Dec 7, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2011
Personally I think Amagi Brillant Park is underrated, along with Ookami Shouo.
Dec 7, 2014 4:13 PM

Oct 2012
Eearu said:
overrated: kiseijuu (it's average)
I'd be really happy if Kiseijuu was average, the medium would be awesome then.
Dec 7, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2012
Feaor said:
Bahamut is overrated if anything, doesn't do anything to really break the mold. The art and animation are good but the plot is very uninspired.

I don't see how this is a problem if the execution is nigh perfect.

mayukachan said:
BahamutPriest said:

You're funny.

Aren't they all?
Dec 7, 2014 4:15 PM

Feb 2013
Flume said:
gissellebatista said:
Grisaia is copping mad flack for being a god awful adaptation, not overrated at all

Well, every day I see a ridiculous amount of people in threads who would rate it 10/10 and gets wet for Grisaia and its disgusting characters.

Dec 7, 2014 4:22 PM

Nov 2008
Overrated: Amagi Brilliant Park
Underrated: Cross Ange (you're missing out on a sad and edgy series if you dropped it because of fanservice)

Dec 7, 2014 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
I feel that Sanzoku no Musume Ronja is underrated. Though it deals with simple theme and requires a little patience, it did prove to be enjoyable which was especially true with the most recent episode.
Dec 7, 2014 4:32 PM

Feb 2010
Tribe Cool Crew is underrated, no way it deserves to be under 6, a score of 7-7.5 would be more accurate. It's a fun show for what it is.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 7, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2014
Overrated : Fate/stay night (it's kinda shit, it may live up to the hype once one of the two good characters actually gets introduced...oh and once we get more of the other good charater > Kirei) I feel like this show has the worst characters this fall (Rin/Archer are average, the rest are shit).
Dec 7, 2014 4:39 PM

Oct 2013
Overrated : Fate/stay night ive seen the original but still dont like shiro. And the other servant and masters are crap in comparison to Fate/zero

P.S people die when they are killed

Dec 7, 2014 4:41 PM

Jan 2011
Feaor said:
Yeah it's just a decent monster of the week show. The characters are kinda fun but not much else.

Aug 2013
Wait, Garo looked really stupid based on the screenshots I've seen. Is it really that good??
Also, to answer OP's question, the most overrated anime of the season is probably Parasyte anlong with Fate/Stay Night
Underrated would be Amagi Brilliant Park and Donten ni Warau

Although, I must add I haven't seen any of these. Just judging based on synopsis, reviews, popularity, and overall what I've heard about them

Feb 2013
the fact that it's still possible for me to post in this thread indicates that something needs to be fixed
Dec 7, 2014 4:43 PM

Jul 2012
GhostMaster1 said:
Wait, Garo looked really stupid based on the screenshots I've seen. Is it really that good??

Well, it's not really stupid, so you might like it?
Dec 7, 2014 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
GhostMaster1 said:
Also, to answer OP's question, the most overrated anime of the season is probably Parasyte anlong with Fate/Stay Night

Although, I must add I haven't seen any of these. Just judging based on synopsis, reviews, popularity, and overall what I've heard about them

You could at least try to make sense
Dec 7, 2014 4:47 PM

Dec 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
Feaor said:
Yeah it's just a decent monster of the week show. The characters are kinda fun but not much else.

yeah I have the same feeling too, I hoped that it would be good when I watched the first eps. Its sale will be fucking high, about 15k first vol, but mostly thanks to the free cards. I dont know that without the free cards, how much the following vol will sell. May be 5k, fuck this game has so many players

GhostMaster1 said:

> having avi of ugly rl girl in MAL
> reported
Dec 7, 2014 4:47 PM

Apr 2011
I gotta agree, why comment on a thread if you literally have no personal experience of what the question is asking about? It'd be like me trying to answer a question about Gundam Recog.
Dec 7, 2014 5:00 PM

Apr 2013
Underrated: ookami shoujo, gugure kokori san
Overrated: Fate stay night unlimited whatever whatever
Dec 7, 2014 5:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Hand_of_the_King said:
GhostMaster1 said:

You could at least try to make sense

Perfect example of hipster trash.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 7, 2014 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
Thread Locked
Please use this club: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=64093

Over/Under threads aren't allowed on the forums anymore.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - 26 minutes ago

4 by Theo1899 »»
1 minute ago

» Opposite sex AND same sex characters you most relate to

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» Good characters trapped in bad series.

Anjuro - 40 minutes ago

2 by SleepySteamBun »»
2 minutes ago

» Secondary characters

JoeChip - 3 hours ago

15 by JTRAnimeNewb »»
19 minutes ago

» What filters do you use while browsing MAL?

Dije - 49 minutes ago

4 by 23feanor »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.