Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 12, 2014 6:06 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
jin15 said:
What the hell too early for coco's death well nothings new for the sunrise a lovable character should die who's next.

Goes to show they spare noone who is a Norma. And well.. Angelise better learn fast that her existence ... is not all rainbows and unicorns.
Man Angelise is gonna have some real PTSD though. Coco was her only "friend"..ish...thing-fan?

I wonder if Coco's friend hates Angelise's guts now though, basically leading her death
Oct 12, 2014 6:32 PM

Mar 2013
Marzan said:

People are really ripping into this. Yeah it's not precisely Citizen Kane. This show is pure T&A and gore and that's fine with me. I expect about half that cast to be dead before the end and a whole lot more completely unnecesary nudity before the end. That's the kind of show it is. There's just a whole section of the MAL audience now that want everything to be pure and wholesome girls drinking tea and saying "oishii"

LOOL!! "Oishii"! :)
Oct 12, 2014 6:41 PM

Dec 2013
Holy shit the first episode was boring as hell, so this really surprised me. I was already thinking about dropping this show after the second episode but this restored my faith. This isn't nearly as good as MLA but it's still enjoyable and that's enough for me.
Oct 12, 2014 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
KRpika said:
Why the hell is this series so obsessed with Yuri?
There's no yuri in the series.
Oct 12, 2014 7:00 PM

Sep 2014
Eearu said:
KRpika said:

no but there is yuri like things going anyways am i the only one who noticed that there were tons of
ass shots in this episode

damn it's insulting to when i came to watch this for a good story and characters

but get ass shots instead makes me wanna bitch slap the producers.
Oct 12, 2014 7:42 PM

Apr 2014
Eearu said:
KRpika said:

lol did you did you watch this episode with your eyes closed the whole time?
Oct 12, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2008
JhysenTheAsian said:
Eearu said:

Again...Yuri is about romance between girls, not one girl raping another.
And a male interest romantic will appear soon. This is not yuri, it's fanservice...like those girl on girl scenes on harem series like To Loveru.
Oct 12, 2014 8:25 PM
Dec 2012
the new episode of Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons. Man Ange is so stuck up and that shows at the end of the episode when they are entering into battle. she needs to learn her position is not going to change.

at the end of the episode i was loling at Ange because of her getting coco killed even though it was not ange's fault entirely i mean coco got lazered in two be the dragon. But man it was a bitch move for ange to pull off and head home leaving everyone to fight that is not going to help her get rep by Norma's
Oct 12, 2014 8:37 PM

Dec 2010
This episode still wasn't bad. But the yuri in this show is a little much. I don't mind yuri, but the way its handled is more unsettling than anything.

But I want to learn more about the other characters. I feel like we are now getting into the major form of the series.
Oct 12, 2014 9:04 PM
Mar 2012
Not really sure what to think of this series just yet. It deals with some pretty grim material and themes, but the "next episode previews" (the audio of which is really current-episode commentaries) seem almost comedic... except that when they talk about how horrible the portrayed events were, I'm nodding in agreement.

I certainly hope it won't be another Valverave.
Oct 12, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
Why Coco why you trigger death flag
just why I thought man this is going to be great then bam
Coco why, why must you speak those words
Oct 12, 2014 9:48 PM

Apr 2009
Gersoncs said:
JhysenTheAsian said:

Again...Yuri is about romance between girls, not one girl raping another.
And a male interest romantic will appear soon. This is not yuri, it's fanservice...like those girl on girl scenes on harem series like To Loveru.

It's fanservice and yuri. Also, Zola x Hilda appears to be consensual.
Oct 12, 2014 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
Touch her boobs and idk wtf both of the girls doing in a bed, and asking for permission to rape a girl. This anime, lol.....Overload(bad way) fanservice.
Coco, such obvious death flag when she admired that spoiled princess.
Oct 12, 2014 10:19 PM

Aug 2008
I'm one of the few people here who does not hate Ange. Her behavior is perfectly normal, if you ask me. She was obviously raised in a very sheltered home, so sheltered that she doesn't know how to put on her own clothes, and that blatantly discriminating people over something they have no control of is OK. It's only normal for her to not know how to behave in this situation; the change is too sudden. For people living such a nice and sheltered life, getting exposed suddenly to how ugly the real world is can very well feel like being raped. I like Ange, and I have high hopes for this show so far.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Oct 12, 2014 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
Cross Ange pls what was the point in putting Coco in the Ed she was here for one episode! guess i should expect a lot more of em dying now
Oct 12, 2014 11:33 PM
Nov 2013
Continues to be brutal. Didn't hate it as much as the first episode but it's still bad but watchable. That death scene, poor Coco. If the next episode doesn't have some epic action scenes this is getting dropped.
Oct 12, 2014 11:45 PM

Feb 2012
Im going to have alot of fun with this shit. Why does Sunrise even fucking bother.
IciBurnOct 13, 2014 4:57 AM
Oct 12, 2014 11:57 PM

Mar 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
This show, man.... this fucking show. I thought nobody could beat Grisia, Twintails or JOHJ as the worst trainwreck this season, or Mahouka in terms of being the worst anime this year.. and then comes Cross Ange and manages to shit on all of them in a meager 2 episodes. Just... wow.
I am actually quite speechless in regards to the content of the show... It's just... just...

Sunrise always finds a way.
Oct 13, 2014 12:15 AM

Feb 2012
Already like this more than any mecha Sunrise has made, besides vavlrape. Rip Coco, you have served your purpose.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2014 12:50 AM

Oct 2011
This is amazing. I probably woke up everyone in my apartment laughing at a lot of these scenes.
Oct 13, 2014 1:12 AM

Mar 2012
This episode make me laugh, Trainwreck of the season.

R.I.P. Coco

Ange please get over it, you`ll never go back to the Empire, just change and grow the hell up!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 13, 2014 1:14 AM

Apr 2012
Her death flag was obvious, so I saw it coming. I only wish this anime were uncensored...
Oct 13, 2014 2:16 AM

Aug 2008
At least,its better than Glasslip,for now.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 13, 2014 2:24 AM

Apr 2012
wtf people think this is more of a trainwreck than Mahouka?

I would respectfully disagree. The character design, animation is above and beyond what Madhouse did with Mahouka.

You may hate Ange's personality, but at least she has one lol. There's already an indication that she will go through some drastic character development unlike almighty autistic robot-kun aka Tatsuya.

Oct 13, 2014 2:28 AM

Jun 2013
Gotta have every single chick having different hair colour otherwise you'll never be able to tell them apart.
Oct 13, 2014 2:29 AM

Jun 2014
msgundam2 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Not that it's a defense but I find it funny that when you have lesbian sex scenes in shows like Monogatari or Prisma/Ilya just coming in largely out of nowhere it's considered not only 100% okay but incredibly desirable and praiseworthy but when it happens here the creators are awful awful horrible people. It just looks like a pretty brutal double standard at play.

Yeah there is a lot of hypocrisy with people when it come to this show.
Like criticizing this anime for sexual violence when you give Helsling Ultimate and Berserk a 9/10. Alacard rapes a woman with her gun! Tell me that scene wasn't meant to be sexual.

monogatari series that everyone loves has child molestation comedy.

Also I don't know if people know this but Fate/stay night was original a hentai game with rape.
Fate/Zero Manga and novel was penis monsters raping Sakura Matou as a child.

Before criticizing you should look at what you like first.

Agree. A lot of very popular stuff like SAO can be incredibly sexist (Asuna in a cage, Sinon almost raped...but of course both saved by supermacho Kirito) but for some reason some series set a a group of people off like this one. I think that as long as its not as "graphic" then they don't complain.
Oct 13, 2014 2:35 AM

Aug 2008
Zeally said:

I would respectfully disagree. The character design, animation is above and beyond what Madhouse did with Mahouka.

You may hate Ange's personality, but at least she has one lol. There's already an indication that she will go through some drastic character development unlike almighty autistic robot-kun aka Tatsuya.

But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 13, 2014 3:14 AM
Oct 2012
Yuri should be added as the new genre to this anime.
Still, those censors can be understood.
Oct 13, 2014 4:42 AM

Oct 2013
Zapredon said:
Zeally said:

Yep! A female protagonist like Ange feel's rather refreshing. I always find it interesting to see what she'll do next,how she'll treat others,etc. I find the anime to be somewhat above average in it's other aspects but if Ange's character development is handled well,it'll be a big plus and so far so good in that regard.
Oct 13, 2014 5:29 AM

Nov 2012
Zeally said:
unlike almighty autistic robot-kun aka Tatsuya.

and inaho
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 13, 2014 6:20 AM
Apr 2013
Painfully bad.. jeezus
Oct 13, 2014 8:26 AM

Nov 2013
This is one of the worst anime of this season IMO..the setting is poor and the MC(Ange) IS THE MOST ANNOYING CHARACTER OF THIS SEASON!!
Is it wrong if i want to see her dead? :)))

Well..this anime has SOME good parts.Gotta love the yuri and the dragons! :3 ^~^
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Oct 13, 2014 8:31 AM

Jul 2014
ITT: People be mad.

I thought it was "ok". I'll give it a couple more episodes or until "Kira Yamoto-Jesus-Sama" is back.
Oct 13, 2014 10:33 AM

Mar 2014
I dont get why everyone is ripping on the yuri scenes this is one of the few anime where I feel it is relevant to the setting rather than just random woman gropes another because its fun. Still to early to say if it will maintain justifiable scenes but for now its fitting.
Oct 13, 2014 10:52 AM

Dec 2007
So if you didn't think it was quite rape in the first episode, let's put literal attempted rape in the next one. Go team! ¯(ツ)/¯

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Not that it's a defense but I find it funny that when you have lesbian sex scenes in shows like Monogatari or Prisma/Ilya just coming in largely out of nowhere it's considered not only 100% okay but incredibly desirable and praiseworthy but when it happens here the creators are awful awful horrible people. It just looks like a pretty brutal double standard at play.

I mean, there's also the question of tone. Those shows are very light hearted and comedic from the start. Cross Ange tries to be dead serious, and then all of a sudden goes "Hey, don't you want to be aroused too?" The way the story feels reminds me a lot of Psycho-Pass, but where Psycho-Pass took itself seriously all the way and was made with dignity, this was made with boobs. It's dumb.

If i'm gonna get into this, i actually like the story so far. It's exciting and the character interactions are kind of interesting and it moves at a comfortable pace. I don't mind Ange being an idiot. It makes sense for her to be an idiot right now. Her whole world was just toppled over and she watched her mom die. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me (besides the nudity) is why this supposedly perfect, magical world is so racist. Even the royal family tried to protect their daughter from the unfair rules. Is there really no "let's not send normas to guantanamo for no reason at all"-movement?
Oct 13, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
WOW seriously? This is amazing y'all have shit taste.
It managed to something that doesn't happen often: it shocked me.
The art is beautiful btw, idk how Ange annoys you, she's pretty cool
Oct 13, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
Oh well. Now that's what people call edgy.
Since I'm a virgin to Sunrise's mecha series I'm quite enjoying the wild ride. It's a needed break from club activities and tea sipping. I just hope this upcoming male character won't ruin it all.
Oct 13, 2014 11:41 AM

Feb 2007
Stark700 said:
>Dead.
Didn't take that long to kill off a character already heh.

I managed to spoil that for myself by... looking up her VA on ANN. Listed separately from the others, clearly had to die soon, then. :D

Volbla said:
Is there really no "let's not send normas to guantanamo for no reason at all"-movement?

It's a world where everything works by magic, and Norma destroy this magic and are unable to use it. Everyone has been brought up believing Norma are monstrosities. Even if we discard the ridiculous belief that all Norma are violent antisocial bastards, the mere fact that they destroy what is unilaterally seen as the basis of the current peaceful society leaves even for the nicest people little choice than to see them as a threat that needs to be isolated. At least they aren't killed outright, although it's also clear why - the peaceful society can only live in peace if someone protects them from the DRAGONs, and clearly they are not willing or able to do so themselves.
luinthoronOct 13, 2014 11:48 AM
Oct 13, 2014 11:42 AM

Mar 2010
Yay! More rape (only attempted this time)
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Oct 13, 2014 1:21 PM

Apr 2010
The humiliation and abuse wasn't that bad this episode but judging from what happened at the ending next week should be bad.
It's clear that the commander was expecting something to happen when she send them out tho judging from her looks she the fact that she showed some surprise suggests she wasn't expecting it to happen so early.
What also strikes out if that she is keeping the ring.
Which makes me wonder about the reason seeing as money is very valuable where they are and that ring is probably worth a lot, she most have some intention with it.

Angy still doesn't seem to realise her situation for the most part, she has trouble excepting that she is a Norma but what she really doesn't realise yet is her brothers betrayal.
She doesn't seem to realise that her brother sold her out killed her mother and took over the throne from her father she is still in denial about all that.
Not willing to believe that she won't be excepted back by the current ruler her brother, that's if his coup succeeded.

Then there are the other girls who also seem to have there problems with her tho most of it seems to be just the new member parts and the difference in origin.
But some of it seems to be jealousy in particular the red haired girl and the orange haired girl seem to see her as a thread to their love life with the leader of their unit.
Which brings me immediately to the next problem their leader seems to be a pretty fierce predator when it comes to her sex partners.
And the higher ups are aware of this and even cooperate by lending her a room.
And the knew what would have happened is the alarm didn't go off.
Oct 13, 2014 1:26 PM
Oct 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I don't know anything about Monogatari, but apparently you don't know anything about Illya. There hasn't been a single lesbian sex scene. Some ecchi at most. And it is all kind and caring. But somehow in your brain lesbian sex (that does not exist in Illya) is equal to prison rape.

And saying that lesbian sex (that has not happened - I'm saying it again so you could actually understand) in Illya came out of nowhere while the girls have been bonding all the time...

Horrible writing, absolutely cliche plot - generic male hero comes and saves the poor damsel in distress from those horrible prison lesbians and she sucks his manly cock for gratitude! Bland and overdone.
But probably fitting for kids who can't even understand difference between rape and sex... and think that their little show also not liked because horrible writing. Yeah.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ZelotOct 14, 2014 7:32 AM
Oct 13, 2014 1:31 PM

Mar 2014
i am looking forward to ange's Character Development , overall the episode was good
i like yuri but the yuri scenes in this episode were like sexual harassment or more like rape so i give it a 2/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2014 1:59 PM
Sep 2013
Cross Ange seem pretty good to me atm, I hope that it will be the Kakumeiki Valvrave of the season (and Valvrave was so damn good...need moar !). Sunrise have 25 ep to make this show awesome and i'm sure they will.
Oct 13, 2014 2:12 PM

Apr 2011
Marzan said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Or people who actually live in the 21st century and are not some sexist neckbeards.

I was planning to reply to your comment, but then I saw that you literally belong to a club that calls itself 'Anime uber elitist" so you probably think your opinion is better than everyone else's. So I won't bother.Because, what's the point, right? I'm not elite.

My thoughts exactly
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM

May 2012
This is in my opinion is one of the best if the not best mecha in this year. It combines nudity, sex fanservice, gore and serious story all in one anime. It is entertaining from start to finish, and I never got bored even for a second.

I never expected someone would be killed brutality in this anime. Thats was big surprise to me at the end.

ReiTakanashi said:

i like yuri but the yuri scenes in this episode were like sexual harassment or more like rape so i give it a 2/5

LOL. Thats makes it even better. I add more points for that.

Seriously most people here have bad taste. People here want anime to be less shocking, less gory, less rapey. Without these stuff the anime is going to be less enjoyable.
thepathOct 13, 2014 3:59 PM
Oct 13, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
Well.. looks like we know who will be the Nicol Armafi of this series (AKA the guy whose death gets flashbacked every other episode).

Fukuda just can't resist acronyms can he? Even "Dragon" stands for something!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 13, 2014 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
HungLikeaZombie said:
Marzan said:

I was planning to reply to your comment, but then I saw that you literally belong to a club that calls itself 'Anime uber elitist" so you probably think your opinion is better than everyone else's. So I won't bother.Because, what's the point, right? I'm not elite.

My thoughts exactly

Nice! Best thing to do when you have nothing to say about someones statement is to personally attack them. Good Job!
Oct 13, 2014 7:18 PM

Jan 2008
Well my opinion of this has somewhat improved from the first episode. Ange is still pretty annoying though.

Not sure how she scored high on all her test when she doesn't even have the common sense to put on clothes.
Oct 13, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2009
Zola is freakin boss. She can have her way w/ any girl, like hilda, & especially ange

9/10
Oct 13, 2014 8:45 PM

Aug 2014
Paul said:
Well my opinion of this has somewhat improved from the first episode. Ange is still pretty annoying though.

Not sure how she scored high on all her test when she doesn't even have the common sense to put on clothes.

Yeah that was weird. I mean, okay, she's a good pilot 'cuz it's similar to that sport. I can buy that. I watched karate kid. But military theory? Really?
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

104 by bakakisima »»
Yesterday, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2014

178 by bakakisima »»
Oct 18, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

122 by bakakisima »»
Oct 18, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

195 by bakakisima »»
Oct 18, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

355 by bakakisima »»
Oct 17, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.