Available on Manga Store
New
Is the princess dead or alive?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2014
Keten said:
A_Lonely_Jedi said:

Alive she is listed as a main character.

I kind of hope they show that shes alive quickly though. I don't want her to appear like 8 episodes in, cause then I'd just go, "Oh look it's that girl who died that I don't really know, shes nice right?" lol

I know what you mean.

Also apparently a lot of people hate her after only 1 episode. lol
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 6, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
ITT Lots of Urobutch n00bs who've only watched Madoka and F/Z and possibly P-P.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 7, 2014 10:24 AM
Dec 2013
You know the tagline, "Let justice be done, though the heavens may fall"? Initially I thought it was a reference to how the greater Martian population believes that the invasion is revenge for the princess's assassination. It's safe to assume that members of her own government wanted a war and thus orchestrated the assassination.

What if she not only turns out to be alive, but it doesn't take long for the truth to get to both the Martians and humans? And the fact that martians were the ones who arranged her killing also gets out?

But it's already too late. Because now the earthlings want war as revenge for all the innocents they pointlessly killed.

(I posted this on another thread, but I feel it's relavent here.)
Jul 7, 2014 8:29 PM

Oct 2007
DawnJ said:
ITT Lots of Urobutch n00bs who've only watched Madoka and F/Z and possibly P-P.

I really could care less about Gen Urobuchi. I've been following mecha anime for longer than he's been an active writer so I'm viewing this series mainly through that lens as I'm watching it with the side commentary on Urobuchi mainly being a matter of the first three episodes and discussions about the script. It'd be nice if after he's done writing the scripts people stop trying to make it out like this is all about him and remember that this is a well tread genre with lots of history and that he's far from the first person to write about the kinds of themes, ideas and events that this series portrays in it's first episode.

Keten said:
skudoops said:

I'm guessing berserk is the exception to your rule?

Berserk does not use shock factor. It does not introduce characters just to kill them off in the same episode. Shock factor is when you start off a series with a bang killing off people before they get an ounce of development or connection to the viewer to introduce a sense of realism when it isn't actual realism. Berserk develops its characters beautifully and gives them human personalities instead of just blank generic archetypes that are only introduced to be killed. They have a connection to the viewer and gives the viewer time to get to know them so that you actually CARE if they die.

Do not compare this to Berserk.

This is where the better Gundam series succeed for me too and what this show is going to have to capture if it even wants a remote chance of standing in the same league as it let alone surpassing it somehow.

I really think this series hand tied itself a little bit in the early going by "Nuking the princess" in the first episode because now it has really only two possibilities. One is for her to remain dead and thus have her be a total waste of a character other than as some sort of motivator for the actions of others or having her turn out to be alive thus subjecting itself to criticism of using one of the most disliked cliche plot devices of the greater mecha genre. Nuking the princess is something that should really have happened later on down the line, possibly towards the end of the first cour after we got to know a little bit more about her other than that she desires peace and treats everyone with dignity regardless of race or position which pretty much just puts her in line with the well worn pacifistic princess archetype.
PeacingOutJul 7, 2014 8:56 PM
Jul 7, 2014 8:48 PM

Apr 2014
antonn said:
She's alive, so she can die again later.

Exactly.
Jul 8, 2014 12:13 AM

Aug 2013
Shes not even significant enough yet to die and there really shouldn't be any reason to think she is dead. And if she does die within this series she will have to have met the main character at least, otherwise she's just a wasted main character.
Jul 8, 2014 2:45 AM

Jan 2011
Being listed as a main character on MAL doesn't mean shit.

MasterDetective said:
Shes not even significant enough yet to die and there really shouldn't be any reason to think she is dead. And if she does die within this series she will have to have met the main character at least, otherwise she's just a wasted main character.

No significance of her dying? So I guess it didn't trigger the whole plot then. The main character doesn't have to interact with everyone either.
Jul 8, 2014 9:58 AM

May 2009
ReaperCreeper said:

But being presented as one of main three characters by official key arts is.
And she isn't dead because they wouldn't design loli assistant for her if she was out of plot after episode 1.
Jul 8, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2014
bastek66 said:
ReaperCreeper said:

But being presented as one of main three characters by official key arts is.
And she isn't dead because they wouldn't design loli assistant for her if she was out of plot after episode 1.

^Exactly

Unless she becomes some spirit person thing (which would be retarded) than I'm sure she is alive.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jul 8, 2014 2:03 PM

Nov 2008
Nothing can survive a direct missile strike like that. She has the best plot armor in anime history if I watch episode 2 and she's alive.

Jul 8, 2014 2:04 PM

Nov 2013
Hoppy said:
Nothing can survive a direct missile strike like that. She has the best plot armor in anime history if I watch episode 2 and she's alive.
There's this thing called using a decoy.
Jul 8, 2014 2:07 PM

Oct 2012
She could have some sort of power, too. But the fact that we didn't see her face and the scene had a very weird angle, she most likely used a decoy, yeah.
Jul 8, 2014 3:15 PM

Mar 2013
Hoppy said:

Never underestimate the power of plot armor, trumped only by the power of the deus ex machina.
Jul 8, 2014 4:00 PM

Oct 2010
It all depends on whether they're following the usual conventions (she's either alive or has a twin), or have decided to deliberately go against them.

I'm hoping it's the latter.
Jul 8, 2014 4:04 PM

Feb 2014
Probably alive.
Jul 8, 2014 4:29 PM
Apr 2013
Probably alive but her being dead would be an interesting twist.
Jul 9, 2014 3:07 AM
Jun 2008
the va is listed as a main in the mal credits... so she must be alive.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jul 9, 2014 9:30 AM

Jun 2014
I hope she is alive or I might as well drop the whole series for being too kliche.
Jul 9, 2014 4:34 PM
Oct 2010
Unlucky-kat said:
I hope she is alive or I might as well drop the whole series for being too kliche.

What in the world?? Are you going to drop every anime this season then? Because from what I've seen all have cliches.
Jul 9, 2014 6:16 PM

May 2014
Keten said:
skudoops said:

I'm guessing berserk is the exception to your rule?

Berserk does not use shock factor. It does not introduce characters just to kill them off in the same episode. Shock factor is when you start off a series with a bang killing off people before they get an ounce of development or connection to the viewer to introduce a sense of realism when it isn't actual realism. Berserk develops its characters beautifully and gives them human personalities instead of just blank generic archetypes that are only introduced to be killed. They have a connection to the viewer and gives the viewer time to get to know them so that you actually CARE if they die.

Do not compare this to Berserk.

However, Gut's new party could use some culling. The Golden Age Band of the Hawk members were wonderfully written though.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jul 9, 2014 6:57 PM

Sep 2013
KazuhoYoshii said:

However, Gut's new party could use some culling. The Golden Age Band of the Hawk members were wonderfully written though.

Actually...

Edit: Also, this isn't a Berserk Discussion. which is why I put this post in a spoiler. Don't wanna spoil it for anyone who wants to read.
Jul 11, 2014 1:41 AM

Sep 2013
Tsalnor said:

You are talking straight out of your ass.

There's more to stories than your "SHOCK FACTOR".

Her death is foreshadowed the entire fucking episode. Shock? It was to be expected, because her death is meant to move the fucking plot. Her death is the exact moment that the plot sets into motion. Suggesting that her death exists only to shock is ignorant and, frankly, conceited.

Could you please not act like you're not impressed that the episode had this "poorly done shock factor"? Because it's not meant to shock you.

-sigh- So glad people keep bringing it back to my opinion of the episode. Sheesh can't people just give an opinion, state why they feel that way and then leave it at that instead of taking it as a personal insult towards their enjoyment of something?

Because it derails the topic, I will put it in a spoiler.

Now, I have given my analysis again, even though I didn't want to really, because it completely derails this topic. Stop acting like I am somehow an incompetent boob just because I analyse things instead of just sitting back, watching an explosion and declaring the entire series a masterpiece based off the first episode. Just because you like something doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Have a nice day.

Edit: Also not claiming the show is shit. Calling a show shit based off the first episode is just as bad as declaring a show a masterpiece based off the first episode. The first episode just didn't impress me or get me interested. I am also sorry for including my opinion of the episode in my original post, shouldn't have done that and will keep my posts relevant from now on.
KetenJul 11, 2014 4:21 AM
Jul 11, 2014 10:58 PM

Jan 2011
How about instead of debating whether or not she is, we wait for future episodes to show us?
Jul 12, 2014 6:44 AM

Mar 2013
Given the angle that the missile approached from, in combination with the velocity x mass / air density, and the propensity of the explosives within the missile chamber, I'm going to say this;

I think the missile exploded real big and it was all like *kabooom* *bam* *shwooosh* and uh.... since the cameraman didn't film any evidence of the dead body, I'm gonna have to conclude that the meat in the McRib will remain a mystery.

Oh and it was probably a conspiracy, like double agent shit and uhm... there was probably multiple gunmen. Yeah, that's right! Because right after that, some people in America got vaporized and it was like *BAM* *kaboom* *exploding sound* and everyone died.

So uh, yeah, that's basically my summary for episode 1 of Aldnoah.Zero.
Jul 12, 2014 7:21 AM

May 2014
Keten said:
KazuhoYoshii said:

Actually...

Edit: Also, this isn't a Berserk Discussion. which is why I put this post in a spoiler. Don't wanna spoil it for anyone who wants to read.

Well, I do identify with the crowd that thought Berserk went downhill. Berserk spoilers.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Jul 12, 2014 3:29 PM

Mar 2013
And thus our suspicions are confirmed. Was anybody really surprised?
Jul 12, 2014 3:44 PM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Not in the slightest.
Jul 12, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2014
fst said:

Not really. It was pretty obvious that she wasn't dead (tv trope #34785 no body = no death)
Jul 12, 2014 3:57 PM

Mar 2013
It was a rhetorical question but thanks for answering anyways.
Jul 12, 2014 4:47 PM

Nov 2013
CaptainKatsuura said:
fst said:

Not really. It was pretty obvious that she wasn't dead (tv trope #34785 no body = no death)
So (episode 2 spoiler)
Jul 12, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
Botato said:
CaptainKatsuura said:

So (episode 2 spoiler)

The matrix. No but seriously, I thought he disintegrated or something.
Jul 12, 2014 5:15 PM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
CaptainKatsuura said:

So (episode 2 spoiler)

If that's how it works, then he's going to be buried under a mountain of bullets and infrastructure.
Jul 12, 2014 5:27 PM

Nov 2013
So he ends up dying anyway XD
Oh well, I tried to save a poor character :|
Jul 12, 2014 5:30 PM

Mar 2013
Botato said:

I'm not bothered. The cabbage merchant from avatar made a bigger impression with less screentime.
Jul 12, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2014
fst said:
Botato said:

I'm not bothered. The cabbage merchant from avatar made a bigger impression with less screentime.

Poor cabbage merchant couldn't catch a break could he; anyone would feel sorry for him :-p
Jul 12, 2014 5:39 PM

Nov 2013
Sep 20, 2014 2:38 PM
Jul 2011
welp.
Sep 20, 2014 3:10 PM

Oct 2012
An old poll but I doubt they would ressurect her once more. She is done for good this time as her story was effectively over with that little talk she had with Inaho before going out of her mecha.
Sep 20, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2012
SO, that's the third time they try to make us think the princess is dead... In 12 episodes!

Bravo!
Sep 20, 2014 5:57 PM

Mar 2013
She better really be dead this time, but if they do a Guilty Crown on us in the second half, will anybody really be surprised?
Sep 20, 2014 6:12 PM

Aug 2013
She's probably alive, because that comment from the narrator (was it Yuki-nee?) would have been useless if not. It would be more interesting if she wasn't though.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 20, 2014 7:02 PM

Dec 2013
All I can say is that Asseylum's status is currently unknown because the way of the motion blur they added to her getting shot by Saazbaum was too ambiguous.

tl;dr Asseylum's status/whereabouts is unknown
mods are cucks
Sep 20, 2014 7:04 PM
Jun 2011
Well by the looks of what happened at her disappearance, she has a high chance of actually surviving despite it looking like a headshot, at most she pulls through she gets memory loss or out of commission for a while. Plus, if she does not survive the series is pretty much screwed, at most what is the possibility that Slaine clones her and is reborn into that.
Sep 20, 2014 7:09 PM

Apr 2014
Hey this poll was from the series and not from the ending!
She is dead and she better be dead for real!
Haters always gonna hate.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.