Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2014 2:53 PM
Apr 2013
Well that went just about expected. Once again though, White Fox proves what they can do with what is obviously a limited budget (The only time it really didn't work was when Aria was revealed for the vindictive bitch that she was) and gave the show a fitting old-school 90s feel. And Taku Iwasaki's soundtrack is again full of win. The comedy moments need work though (See FMA: Brotherhood for how to do it properly). Don't expect it to revolutionize seinen, but expect it to at least keep your interest.

And yeah, it did feel rushed, even if it was only one chapter.
Jul 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
MCAL said:
Well that went just about expected. Once again though, White Fox proves what they can do with what is obviously a limited budget (The only time it really didn't work was when Aria was revealed for the vindictive bitch that she was) and gave the show a fitting old-school 90s feel. And Taku Iwasaki's soundtrack is again full of win. The comedy moments need work though (See FMA: Brotherhood for how to do it properly). Don't expect it to revolutionize seinen, but expect it to at least keep your interest.

And yeah, it did feel rushed, even if it was only one chapter.

Lol I love when a show is ugly and people say it has a "90s feel".

No. It is just old looking and crappy.
Jul 6, 2014 2:55 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:
SolviteSekai said:
Apparently its dark and serious.

I mean people got killed. Clearly it is dark and serious.

This show should win some awards for its extremely riveting portrayal of a dark and unforgiving world were nice people are also sadistic murders.

Bravo.

The point I was getting at is that. FrancWyvern is saying it's just trying to be dark and serious, what should a series do to not be label as trying? Is it because the series has comedy in it? Should I say berserk is trying to be dark and serious because it has stuff like this in it?

I just don't understand the trying part. also saying it's like fairy tale? wtf?

Yeah, I think this argument did get out of track. My point isn't about how it isn't "gory and serious" but how it doesn't really equals quality or depth.
Jul 6, 2014 2:57 PM

Jan 2012
SolviteSekai said:
VPedge said:

Yeah sorry people aren't on your level of high taste high horse much

I have horrible taste, but at least I'm honest about it.

Also shows like Rail Wars are blatantly obvious about what they are.

Only shows like this try to say they are serious with a straight face while pandering as hard as humanly possible.

Hey like you said atleast you are honest about it.

Honestly if you don't like the way the show is going leave it alone and oh idk move on and not act like an ass in a thread for said show being critical is one thing but you are far pass that and just trying to be 'that guy'
"Yo, Buddy. Still alive?" -Solo Wing Pixy, AC:Zero (best game ever)
Jul 6, 2014 2:58 PM

Aug 2012
I really don't see anything positive coming from this. I'll wait for an more substantial quantity of episodes to start discussing it.
Jul 6, 2014 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
The most anticipated anime for this season, for me, is here...Rushed isn`t it? Ok, the start was nice and slow, calm even, mild comedy I could get behind that. Then, killing starts, and at first, I think, wow? Really? These are our heroes? Killers of nobles just because? Then the ugly truth came, and I was shocked a bit. I guess you could say that it was to be expected but, I really did not. For some reason I believed in the goodness of the nobles, boy was I wrong. -.-'

The humor is also decent, except when all the killing starts, then it`s just stupid and out of place, like really out of place, ten miles - out of place. Anyways, 7/10, was hoping for a little more but time will reveal more. Happy this is 24 episodes as well, will keep me occupied. ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2014 3:00 PM

Sep 2012
keragamming said:
SolviteSekai said:
Apparently its dark and serious.

I mean people got killed. Clearly it is dark and serious.

This show should win some awards for its extremely riveting portrayal of a dark and unforgiving world were nice people are also sadistic murders.

Bravo.

The point I was getting at is that. FrancWyvern is saying it's just trying to be dark and serious, what should a series do to not be label as trying? Is it because the series has comedy in it? Should I say berserk is trying to be dark and serious because it has stuff like this in it?

To be perfectly honest, I don't see much difference between that first episode and the early chapters of Berserk.
Jul 6, 2014 3:02 PM
Nov 2013
Thank you based White Fox, this first episode was perfect! It stayed faithful to manga and it was fucking great!

I love the character designs and it's nice to see the action animated (sometimes it's hard to understand what's going on in the manga), and the soundtrack is great too. The music comes from the guy who did Noragami right?

Again, loved the first episode. This is the show I'm looking forward to the most this season as the manga is one of my favorites
Jul 6, 2014 3:05 PM

Jun 2013
At first, I was worried that the art and animation may turn out bland and average but then, it got better half way through the episode :D

Akame is such a funny assassin.

At first, I didn't understand why they would kill Aria. I mean, she's a kid. Then they revealed that dungeon-thinggy and oh my god, Sayu ;~;

Tatsumi killing off Aria. Yeah, that bitch deserves it.

I'm excited to see how this series turns out.
Hope it won't disappoint. I mean, it's White Fox!

Like the OP.
Still can't believe that Akame has the same VA as Kaori Fujimiya from Isshuukan Friends.
Jul 6, 2014 3:06 PM

Mar 2013
Everybody's getting bent out of shape about how the characters are shallow archetypes, the writing is lazy and it's piling on the gore and trying way too hard to be edgy and dark and serious.

Meanwhile, all I can think is It had tits, ass, and blood. I'm satisfied with that.
Jul 6, 2014 3:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
fst said:
Everybody's getting bent out of shape about how the characters are shallow archetypes, the writing is lazy and it's piling on the gore and trying way too hard to be edgy and dark and serious.

Meanwhile, all I can think is It had tits, ass, and blood. I'm satisfied with that.
Amen to that brother xD
Dec 2012
Unexpected things happening here & there, Cool looking characters!
Gonna love watching this anime! :D

Aug 2012
SetsukoHara said:
keragamming said:

To be perfectly honest, I don't see much difference between that first episode and the early chapters of Berserk.

Early Berserk chapters have are more consistent mood. I do agree I wouldn't be too excited about Berserk if I would only judge it by the first chapters, but I think that thing with early Berserk chapters is that they don't show much, this first episode already hinted at a lot of big flaws.
galimx said:
FrancWyvern said:
I really don't see anything positive coming from this. I'll wait for an more substantial quantity of episodes to start discussing it.

It gets even worser, read the manga and you will see.

Oh, I do think they will suck, I just feel that the discussion won't be productive.
Jul 6, 2014 3:12 PM

Jan 2012
FrancWyvern said:
SetsukoHara said:

Early Berserk chapters have are more consistent mood. I do agree I wouldn't be too excited about Berserk if I would only judge it by the first chapters, but I think that thing with early Berserk chapters is that they don't show much, this first episode already hinted at a lot of big flaws.
galimx said:

It gets even worser, read the manga and you will see.

Oh, I do think they will suck, I just feel that the discussion won't be productive.

If you are just going to write it off right off the bait you may as well just stop while you are at it
Jul 6, 2014 3:12 PM

Mar 2013
Cupquake said:
fst said:

Damnit

Why don't you like Elfen lied

Because I've seen flash animations from the turn of the millenium that looked better, and to date it remains the only show where I found the voice acting intolerable in sub and dub.

Fite me.
Jul 6, 2014 3:13 PM

Aug 2012
Tokoya said:
fst said:

Amen to that brother xD

WHY WERE YOU EVEN DISCUSSING!?
I was annoyed by the pretentiousness of it, but I can totally sympathize with the love for boobs and gore.
Cupquake said:
fst said:

Damnit

Why don't you like Elfen lied

Double standard.
Jul 6, 2014 3:15 PM

Nov 2013
fst said:

Agreed, some people need to learn that even if something isn't deep, doesn't mean it's bad. I take an anime for what it is, not for what I want it to be and from what I've seen, I enjoyed it. And to those who say it's too dark and edgy, what did you expect, Shakespeare? If you came into this expecting it not to be, then sorry, you deserve to be pissed off and have no sympathy from me.
"Now, let us drink. Let us drink. Drink to the human race. In every age, there will be good humans and bad humans. Human life is too long to devote to reproduction, yet too short to devote to learning, in the helix of time. Perhaps that is why humans succumb to desire and seek release. Despite the fact that life is complete with the sun, the land and poetry." Supreme Leader Diego(Real) (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Jul 6, 2014 3:15 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome start.
The art/animation reminds me of FMA:B, which is awesome.

This show looks really good, so I will definitely follow it.

PS: Haters gonna hate, lol.
Jul 6, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2013
Avok said:
Awesome start.
The art/animation reminds me of FMA:B, which is awesome.
you don't say?

They litteraly copied scar's char design
Jul 6, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2012
Guys, it's not like it is just trying to be about boobs and gore. This is closer to Elfen Lied (Pretentious boobs and gore) than Hellsing (Boobs and gore, lol!).
Jul 6, 2014 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
FrancWyvern said:
Guys, it's not like it is just trying to be about boobs and gore. This is closer to Elfen Lied (Pretentious boobs and gore) than Hellsing (Boobs and gore, lol!).

I'm telling you this is Mirai Nikki 2014.
Jul 6, 2014 3:21 PM

Nov 2013
FrancWyvern said:
Shots fired. Go Cupquake!
Jul 6, 2014 3:23 PM

Jan 2014
What the actual fuck... I didn't expect sadism at such level from the capital and especially not that girl D:
I'm definitely following this but the eyes and facials... i can't take it seriously.
Jul 6, 2014 3:24 PM

Jan 2012
FrancWyvern said:

Oh man i am done here....
Jul 6, 2014 3:24 PM

Oct 2013
Oh god, another show with no sense of tone what so ever. The MC had his best friend that he's known his entire life die in his arms and then he's totally fine 30 seconds later as he is comedically dragged away. What the fuck were they thinking?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 6, 2014 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
CandyFace said:
What the actual fuck... I didn't expect sadism at that level from the capital and especially not that girl D:
I'm definitely following this but the eyes and facials... i can't take it seriously.
I don't think you're supposed to though.
Jul 6, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
I'm so glad that its not censored like most of the anime was last season.
I can truly enjoy this without my mind being taken away by unexplained black and white out.

May 2014
Well this was a fun late night read, thank you based @FrancWyvern, @SolviteSekai and fanbois.

I liked it, but it it certainly something that just fills in a checklist of things and does them competently enough as a battle shounen. 3/5 OK, and it won't be getting any better.

Jan 2013
Link_of_Hyrule said:
Oh god, another show with no sense of tone what so ever. The MC had his best friend that he's known his entire life die in his arms and then he's totally fine 30 seconds later as he is comedically dragged away. What the fuck were they thinking?

Then author doesnt take murder seriously.

The fanbase doesnt take murder seriously.
Jul 6, 2014 3:28 PM

Aug 2012
Botato said:
FrancWyvern said:

Not sure I got that reference xD

SolviteSekai said:
FrancWyvern said:

Changing subject, I used to consider MN (Manga only) quite fun before the plot twists that turns the manga into an trainwreck. Never looked it as gory and edgy, maybe that's just something that only looks like this on the anime.
Jul 6, 2014 3:29 PM

May 2009
Link_of_Hyrule said:

Not everything must be serious. Do you see color palette?
Manga till around dog rape was balancing it nicely.
Jul 6, 2014 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
Show looks good. Fills the void of SnK. Gonna be a fun ride.
Jul 6, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2013
FrancWyvern said:
Botato said:

Not sure I got that reference xD

SolviteSekai said:

Changing subject, I used to consider MN (Manga only) quite fun before the plot twists that turns the manga into an trainwreck. Never looked it as gory and edgy, maybe that's just something that only looks like this on the anime.

I didn't find this that gory.
Every time someone got dismembered they were conveniently in a dark room.
rodacJul 6, 2014 10:11 PM
Jul 6, 2014 3:32 PM

Oct 2013
bastek66 said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:

If the show doesn't want to be serious, fine, but that means you can't include blatantly serious themes in your show. Pick one.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 6, 2014 3:32 PM

May 2014
Botato said:
CandyFace said:
What the actual fuck... I didn't expect sadism at that level from the capital and especially not that girl D:
I don't think you're supposed to though.
How am I not supposed to with the build up that this is an amoral world with deep-seeded corruption, but simple swindling is comedy. Attempting to kill someone is also comedic, yet we have all this cold murder going on. It's just jarring.
Jul 6, 2014 3:36 PM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
How am I not supposed to with the build up that this is an amoral world with deep-seeded corruption, but simple swindling is comedy. Attempting to kill someone is also comedic, yet we have all this cold murder going on. It's just jarring.
I'm trying to take the horrendous awkward transitions as the show trying to tell us not to take it seriously.

Cupquake said:
Don't worry. I got my rabid fanboy under control.
Oh ok :p
Bummer :|
Jul 6, 2014 3:39 PM

Feb 2014
Link_of_Hyrule said:

Pretty much how I felt
Jul 6, 2014 3:41 PM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Link_of_Hyrule said:

I didn't mind the comedic scene, even when they follow gory scene. After all, bunch of assassins laughing after killing is bad taste, but not really incoherent. But I still think there is a difference between "non-serious" and stupid. And IMO, MC almost joking with random people 2 minutes after his childhood friends get killed is completely stupid.
Jul 6, 2014 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
Not worth the hype yet, ok 1st ep. Watching this entire time i felt nothing, gore & action was nice nothing stand out & the intro ruin the suprised big time. I hope this series get better 7/10.
Jul 6, 2014 3:42 PM
Apr 2014
Good premiere but felt rushed compared to the manga. I don't get all the serious/dark tone shit plp are complaining about. I've read dozens of dark action shounens like this before so I guess I'm not as jarred by this as other plp.
Jul 6, 2014 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
What the hell is wrong with that family!? I was wondering how would they make him join the assassins but I didn't expect a sadistic family. I was shocked.

11/10 would watch again.
Jul 6, 2014 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
YTFry91 said:
Good premiere but felt rushed compared to the manga. I don't get all the serious/dark tone shit plp are complaining about. I've read dozens of dark action shounens like this before so I guess I'm not as jarred by this as other plp.

Nobody is jarred or offended.

Why do people assume anyone who thinks senseless gore is stupid must be offended?
Jul 6, 2014 3:46 PM

Dec 2011
Its finally here D':

Its gonna be hard going through the teams tragedy again, but having it in moving colors is all worth it seeing for~ I'm happy with the faithful adaptation so far.

Tatsumi is a crappy MC for that I still agree with most ppl, but he does have his moments. And the Night Raiders make up for that.

Seeing the 'beautiful Sadistic embodiment' that is in the op and being 2 cour will be the only thing that keeps me on this if it ends up being a shitty adaption. Waited too long to be able to finally see 'her' animated Dx
Jul 6, 2014 3:49 PM
Apr 2014
SolviteSekai said:
YTFry91 said:

Why do people assume anyone who thinks senseless gore is stupid must be offended?

Considering you made like 20 posts in this thread I assume something offended you. Must be my imagination lol
Jul 6, 2014 3:50 PM

Jun 2014
Holy shit i like this.

It wasn't amazing (fast pace too much :/)... no emotions were shown when his best friend died.

Anyways its still a really cool concept, will be watching !
Jul 6, 2014 3:51 PM

Jan 2013
YTFry91 said:
SolviteSekai said:

Considering you made like 20 posts in this thread I assume something offended you. Must be my imagination lol

You could say the shittiness of the show offended me I guess.
Jul 6, 2014 3:53 PM
Apr 2014
Plus how is this senseless gore again? The over the top blood and drama completely fits the the show and its genre. Its like complaining about a horrror movie having to much violence.
Jul 6, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2013
YTFry91 said:
Plus how is this senseless gore again? The over the top blood and drama completely fits the the show and its genre. Its like complaining about a horrror movie having to much violence.
What? Horror movies don't need over the top violence. Do horror movies generally have lots of violence? Yeah. Is it necessary? No. Not usually.

Over the top gore and oceans of blood everywhere is pretty silly. Just because it conforms to it's "genre" doesn't mean it isn't a valid criticism.
an egomaniac and a fool

Jul 6, 2014 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
YTFry91 said:

Lol what?
Jul 6, 2014 3:56 PM

May 2014
YTFry91 said:
Than what's with the constant comedy and gags even between said blood and "drama".
Pages (25) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

332 by ImNotAdrian »»
Oct 18, 1:32 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

54 by dannymilk »»
Oct 17, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by menacce »»
Oct 6, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

581 by menacce »»
Oct 5, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2014

530 by menacce »»
Oct 3, 12:51 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.