Forum Settings
Forums

Funimation Acquires FMA2 and Streams Seven Toei Animation Titles

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 3, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2007
kiriska said:
Great news all around.

I like that I have an excuse to watch Digimon 2 again now, lmfao.

fff my thoughts exactly. Along with watching FMA.

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Apr 3, 2009 5:53 PM

Aug 2008
I'm not really a fan of streaming. Is there a way for me to get hold of the series even if I have to pay for it? I am relying on fan subs since I can't purchase it here in my country!

Apr 3, 2009 6:04 PM

Jan 2009
Funimation is leading the way in the american anime industry. If i can watch FMA2 on there site for free and legally, than ill definitely support them more.
Apr 3, 2009 6:10 PM

Jul 2007
I do not understand why Funi does not stream HD. Chrunchy roll streams HD perfectly for Naruto Shippuuden. I hope they intend to stream FMA 2 in HD.

I even tried to watch a crappy SD Baccano episode on the Funi video site, but it was poor quality and the latency was terrible. I can only imagine how bad it is going to be when they have to stream such a huge release where millions worldwide will start watching it simultaneously.
Apr 3, 2009 11:53 PM

Jul 2008
sounds exciting, can't wait!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 4, 2009 1:05 AM
Feb 2009
Im glad FMA2 is coming out.. And its a good concept releasing it subbed as much as i prefer the dubbed version... I will probably watch the subbed version.. And then the dubbed when it is released :) x
Apr 4, 2009 1:24 AM

Dec 2007
All this means is that

A) no "good" groups wants to sub the show
B) if i download it, USA will probably order their puppet Sweden to kill me or something. and ofc, it will happen.

or i could be overreacting. i do that a lot.

but still, aslong as it isnt worldwide its shit.
Apr 4, 2009 3:19 AM

Aug 2007
It´s a good way for the anime streaming, but it sucks the license restrictions for some countrys as an example i wont be abble to see fma2 on fumination
Apr 4, 2009 4:12 AM

Aug 2008
eternal_blue said:
As long as the subs are decent this is great news for me.
Funimation and decent subs? Yeah sure ^^

Bad news, more trouble for funsubbers.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 4, 2009 6:16 AM

Nov 2008
Antanaru said:
eternal_blue said:
As long as the subs are decent this is great news for me.
Funimation and decent subs? Yeah sure ^^

Bad news, more trouble for funsubbers.
One can dream.
Apr 4, 2009 8:31 AM

Aug 2008
Nice to see Funi following Viz's lead (not saying Viz was the 1st, but you get my point). Its a model that should work. As long as it is good quality, preferably HD, like HULU then I can live with this.
Apr 4, 2009 8:39 AM

Nov 2008

Aaaaaaaaand I'm forced to go fansub yet again. Thanks for being jerks, FUNi. <3
Apr 4, 2009 1:51 PM

Aug 2008
well, it was expected from me but not that fast.
Apr 4, 2009 3:56 PM

Jul 2007
FlashFumo said:

Aaaaaaaaand I'm forced to go fansub yet again. Thanks for being jerks, FUNi. <3

They're not jerks, they're a company in the USA and thus are only able to license for release in the USA.

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 5, 2009 1:31 AM
Oct 2008
I don't know if this has been mentioned here at all, but FMA 2 is being streamed in other countries just not by Funimation. I think France and Australia are some of the other countries it is being offered in.

I don't see why no one can understand that it's not Funimation's fault if it's not offered outside NA. They are a US licensing company and I don't think they can do much about not having the rights to cover certain areas.

Personally, I'm very happy that they are doing this though whether or not it's in HD matters very little to me. As long as the quality is average/good and the subs are fine then it's alright with me :)
Apr 5, 2009 3:46 AM

Feb 2008
Capellabun said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned here at all, but FMA 2 is being streamed in other countries just not by Funimation. I think France and Australia are some of the other countries it is being offered in.

+
Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan.

Lawl... that makes a total of 7 countries. But there are friggin 193 countries.

Well whatever... streams are gay in the first place.
Apr 5, 2009 5:43 AM
Jan 2009
Awesome! I can watch it on Animax! :D

Apr 5, 2009 12:35 PM
Jun 2008
I really hope than at least one subbing group will take FMA2. USA is not a whole world. Is it my fault I live in middle Europe? -____-'
Apr 5, 2009 12:41 PM

Feb 2008
k-kwadrat said:
I really hope than at least one subbing group will take FMA2. USA is not a whole world. Is it my fault I live in middle Europe? -____-'
Don't worry, it's being ultrasubbed; you'll get to pick.
kuroshiroiApr 5, 2009 5:19 PM
Apr 5, 2009 11:29 PM

Jul 2008
Good work Funi!

That's really great that they are doing that. ^__^

And they've got some stuff I want to see. Hmm I'd better get on that website!

Apr 5, 2009 11:50 PM
Nov 2007
I think that this is a great news for all of us. I mean the whole point of fansubs is to get anime out ASAP for free and Funi does that now, but because the quality might not be that good people are complaining. The least we should all do(people in US) is to use Funi's website and watch their commercials, to help the industry. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just an egoistical prick
Apr 8, 2009 8:47 AM

May 2007
Pralyn said:
And streaming gives eye cancer anyway.

That's what they said about TV and look at it now
My anime list
Apr 8, 2009 9:38 AM

Feb 2008
mitamaking said:
Pralyn said:
And streaming gives eye cancer anyway.

That's what they said about TV and look at it now

What is TV? D:
You need something else than a PC? OO
Apr 11, 2009 11:40 PM

Aug 2007
Everybody who thinks Funimation sucks has probably never seen anything done by Viz or any other crappy company.
Apr 12, 2009 4:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Drunk_Samurai said:
Everybody who thinks Funimation sucks has probably never seen anything done by Viz or any other crappy company.
The fact that other companies may suck as well / may suck even more, doesn't change it that Funimation sucks. Lologic.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 12, 2009 9:51 AM

Jan 2009
Funimation doesnt suck. They have there problems like the other dubbing companies. but overall they're pretty good. infact Viz, Funi, Bandai, Manga corps...etc. are all better than 4kids. So, yeah.
Apr 12, 2009 10:45 AM

Aug 2007
cyruz said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
The fact that other companies may suck as well / may suck even more, doesn't change it that Funimation sucks. Lologic.

Funimation doesn't suck.

Apr 12, 2009 10:47 AM

Apr 2008
It's a Trap!

Apr 12, 2009 12:58 PM
Oct 2008
cyruz said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

I have to ask, why and how does Funimation suck? Sadly, I haven't found any reasonable explanation as to why they are hated so much overtime there is an announcement of them licensing a series or plans to stream it.
Apr 12, 2009 2:57 PM

Aug 2008
Honestly, I don't hate them.

However, they don't allow us people outside of United States to watch it. I don't blame them though since this is one of their marketing strategy.

Anyway, even if they do allow us to watch the show, I still won't watch it because streaming is eye cancer to me. Not to mention, it will take a while before I can watch the entire episode without any interruptions. My apologies for being selfish since my Internet connection isn't that fast for streaming videos.

Apr 12, 2009 3:26 PM
Oct 2008
yatsushiro said:
Honestly, I don't hate them.

However, they don't allow us people outside of United States to watch it. I don't blame them though since this is one of their marketing strategy.

Anyway, even if they do allow us to watch the show, I still won't watch it because streaming is eye cancer to me. Not to mention, it will take a while before I can watch the entire episode without any interruptions. My apologies for being selfish since my Internet connection isn't that fast for streaming videos.

I don't think it's a marketing strategy, the reason they don't allow others outside of NA access to the streams is because they can't. They are a US based licensing company which only covers licenses for NA and with licenses already being as expensive as they are it would be incredibly expensive to try and cover every other country as well.
Apr 12, 2009 4:09 PM

Jul 2007
Capellabun said:
cyruz said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

I have to ask, why and how does Funimation suck? Sadly, I haven't found any reasonable explanation as to why they are hated so much overtime there is an announcement of them licensing a series or plans to stream it.

The only valid complaint I've seen against Funimation is about their DVD's video quality. It seems perfect to me, but some people with really nice set-ups and a lot of knowledge about this kind of thing have noted Funi's quality to be lower than it could be. It's not enough for the average person to care, but if you're super picky...

oh, these little earthquakes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Voice Actress Eiko Masuyama Dies at 89

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by MalchikRepaid »»
17 minutes ago

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

5 by NewestPersonHere »»
2 hours ago

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

17 by Playcool »»
6 hours ago

» 'Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san' Manga Ends in Three Chapters

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by Ionliosite2 »»
7 hours ago

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - May 26

16 by Tokoya »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.