Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2013 7:58 AM

Apr 2013
Wow.

5/5
Oct 25, 2013 8:07 AM

Jan 2011
Non stop fun, the OST was amazing throughout the whole episode.
[center]
Oct 25, 2013 8:12 AM

Sep 2012
How did the other students manage to get to class?
Oct 25, 2013 8:33 AM

May 2013
I can't understand how so many people give even this episode the hype-driven 5/5...

You know there is bad, low budget animation... and then there are still pictures with sound in the background.

Also the jokes. I would've probably atleast smiled a little tiny bit about them if they would've been funny back then in Ranma 1/2 and Dragonball. This anime already has about 5 running gags going and not even one of them is funny, not even if you repeat them over and over and over again.

Atleast in this episode the budget was to low to even add over the top fanservice to destroy the action and atmosphere (which wasn't present in this filler ep so it actually doesn't even matter).
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Oct 25, 2013 8:52 AM

Feb 2011
It was like i was watching stupid , childish american cartoons.

This episode was horrible.
Oct 25, 2013 8:57 AM

Aug 2013
This is the shit I like.
Oct 25, 2013 9:00 AM
Dec 2011
UnbornMVs said:

First you like silly childish stuff.

Then you start thinking you're grown up, what's with the silly childish stuff, you can't suffer that 'cos now you're an ADULT.

The you actually become an adult, and since you already have plenty of actually adult stuff to do, you stop caring and realize that silly childish stuff is actually really friggin' fun.

From your comment, you seem to be going through phase no.2. Don't worry, it'll pass XD. Watch Kill la Kill again then.
Oct 25, 2013 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Bitch kicked the dog, unforgivable
Oct 25, 2013 10:01 AM

Sep 2013
It was a deconstruction of the animation genre
Oct 25, 2013 10:28 AM

Jul 2013
This episode was great, but I'll give this a 4.7/5 score on this.

The animation was so absurd and surreal, so cartoonish but it was interesting and very unique of it. Sucks that people who are late get expelled immediately. Also I'm a little curious of how Maiko can wear Senketsu, even though she was rejected by her power. LOL and they finally made it in class without getting expelled XD.

Oct 25, 2013 10:40 AM
Mar 2013
I got one word for this ep, just one: Hilarious! I just loved it! I was wondering how they'd outdo the previous eps but they're actually doing a great job ^v^ !! Still we didn't get to see a lot of Aikuro this time X/
SalmonSandwich said:
Im assuming this is a 2-cour anime series, so we can expect a few breathers like this before we jump back into the action packed "plot" related episodes :P

Yeah let’s just hope that the breathers will be as (or more) hilarious as this one XD
Nidhoeggr said:
This episode was hilarious, especially the great use of classical music pieces.

Yeah that killed me XD i just loved it, a great plus to this ep and it just was awesome!!
Kratos_Ortega said:
Oh my God, all the random stuff that happens in this show is just outrageously good that is to be expected from Trigger!

The "No-Late-Day" or rather be late and you're expelled from your homes and the from the academy sure is brutal as hell, but I'm not even surprised to see something like this to occur in this show, and that alongside with tons of fan services and some Pulp Fiction references! Nice touch.

http://i.imgur.com/HSaD1HL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IPE4Y6w.png

The use of the classical "Hallelujah" music was just genius, laughed so hard at it. Great stuff!

Looking forward to the next episodes, and I hope they will continue with the humor quality in the next episodes and still keeping the shows integrity with the story as well

http://25.media.tumblr.com/d99c8294ede74ef2176ab5d02bd9e3d3/tumblr_mv6xzyDwEI1qkcwzfo2_500.gif

Couldn’t agree more =D
CourSN said:
Eh... Matoi-kun. Matoi Ryuko-kun (destroys half the classroom with a cableway)... present.
Epic entry. XD
This anime is great! Aleluya!

At that moment i was just like “Finally we got to see Aikuro it was about time!!!” but of course i was also laughing at the students flying all over the place XD
ssjathena said:
I liked the new scenes in theOpening , Ryuku vs Satsuki in kamiu :D

Finally someone mentioning it! I was actually waiting to see if I’ll be the only one who paid attention to it XD
ShanaFlame said:
Didn't expect anyone to be able to wear Senketsu but it's funny seeing the uniform restraint the wearer :P

That surprised me too =O but yeah it was funny seeing how Senketsu didn't let Maiko make a single move
SetsukoHara said:
How did the other students manage to get to class?

Yeah the sight of students already in class surprised me as well, just how did the non-stars get to class and even BEFORE Ryuuko does ??!! Does this mean that Ryuuko isn't the strongest student in that school =O ??
SarayOct 25, 2013 1:00 PM
Oct 25, 2013 10:44 AM

Dec 2012
Senketsu is a FEMALE sailor-fuku, right? Technically he should be able to devour lecherously any female student.
... Which gives food for thought. What if the girls exchange Senketsu and Junketsu? I'll go numb (1). (2) Hilarity ensues ^_^

Okay, apparently, Senketsu didn't like the male dogs in the family, so we won't be seeing a Milo in the future :L
Oct 25, 2013 11:12 AM

Dec 2012
Gan_HOPE326 said:
UnbornMVs said:

First you like silly childish stuff.

Then you start thinking you're grown up, what's with the silly childish stuff, you can't suffer that 'cos now you're an ADULT.

The you actually become an adult, and since you already have plenty of actually adult stuff to do, you stop caring and realize that silly childish stuff is actually really friggin' fun.

From your comment, you seem to be going through phase no.2. Don't worry, it'll pass XD. Watch Kill la Kill again then.

Nope, he's on MAL. This is the maximum mental age and capacity he will ever be able to reach. The best he can hope to do is maintain this level of intellect as long as he can before it inevitably deteriorates even further.

SimmianPrime said:
I think this may end up being only the 2nd series I've ever dropped.

At least until it's complete so I can marathon it but that'll prob only happen if I hear really good things.

I'll give it 2 more eps to do anything....literally anything to impress me.

Obligatory reference to One Piece.

No, but did episode three impress you too much, and you forgot to make your "impressed-ness" a longcount, so it reverted to a negative?
Oct 25, 2013 11:28 AM

Aug 2010
Anime is indeed saved. I laughed my ass off the entire episode. I cannot put a finger to it, but it reminded me of some totally over the top pointless stuff I watched when I was younger. I loved it.

Also, if this goes on, I fully expect a "scooby doo chase" in some episode. I also anounce that I will say "told ya" with a smug expression on my face if they do.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Oct 25, 2013 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
Over the top done right. 5/5.

Nice to see Ryuuko-chan wearing shimapan, most excellent taste.
Oct 25, 2013 11:32 AM
Mar 2011
this is like Dr. Seuss, and i freakin hate Dr. Seuss.
Oct 25, 2013 11:49 AM

Apr 2013
LOL these Pulp Fiction references
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Oct 25, 2013 12:26 PM

Feb 2008
4 episodes in and Trigger is already out of animation budget?
Oct 25, 2013 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
It was a very nice slideshow episode.
Oct 25, 2013 12:33 PM

Sep 2012
Fans in Japan talk about 1) TTGL also hit some resource bottleneck which produced a different feel for the series somewhere around this stage 2) the gag sense reminds many of Panty & Stocking
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 25, 2013 12:55 PM

Sep 2011
SolviteSekai said:
skudoops said:
Steel_Queen said:
Nothing interesting, this episode had nothing to do with the plot to begin with. Unless that student council member is proven to be some sort of ally later.

The only thing it provided was that other people could wear the uniform I guess.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

it started off as a 8 and its been working its way down to a 5 for me. Its just getting too repetitive, its kind of the opposite of samurai flamenco, this started off good and is becoming meh due to its predictability while SF started off kind of meh and is becoming hilarious due to its unpredictability, granted theres nothing else to compare with those 2 other than that, all im saying is this needs to change up its pattern already

I agree, they need to have some slower parts to make the big stuff standout more. Kinda like how GL saved the best for the last couple of eps, while being entertaining throughout.

TTGL sucked from episode 8 on. Idk wtf you are smoking.
dont act like your extremely obscure opinion is objective. My opinion on this show is obscure but at least im not pretending like its something more.

DrCakey said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
even the deconstruction of fan service the show did got old extremely fast

*eyetwitch*

Say "deconstruction" again. I dare you. I double-dare you, motherfucker. Say "deconstruction" one more goddamn time...
alright,
deconstruction

Its very clearly making fun of fanservice specifically from the magical girl genre of how sexualized the girls were during their transformations and eventual outfits, both the mc and the villain calling eachother exhibitionists in ep 3 was even more fuel to the fire. The fanservice is a parody, get over it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 25, 2013 12:58 PM

Dec 2008
O man ridiculous as always, but it's keeping me watching so good stuff!
Oct 25, 2013 1:07 PM

May 2012
This episode was ok, but I prefer more action and story. Ep 3 is still by far the best episode this season.

However, the next episode will probably be great judging from the preview
Oct 25, 2013 1:40 PM
Jul 2011
After the intensity of EP3 I guess episodes like this isn't bad for the cooldown period for the next build up and for how long this series there will probably be more like it. Mako shines best in these type of episodes.

Gama sleeps in the nude, rawr.
Oct 25, 2013 2:12 PM
Mar 2013
Gen2K_ said:
After the intensity of EP3 I guess episodes like this isn't bad for the cooldown period for the next build up and for how long this series there will probably be more like it. Mako shines best in these type of episodes.

Gama sleeps in the nude, rawr.

Yeah i totally agree XD and DAT Gama XD
Oct 25, 2013 3:11 PM

Sep 2013
I thought the change in pace in attitude between this episode and the previous was a bit weird (because the fight with Satsuki made some pretty good developments) but it fitted okay. I actually enjoyed the mediocre animation, it went well with the gags that were put in and saved more money (at least I hope they did it on purpose) for the action scenes budget.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Oct 25, 2013 3:40 PM

Oct 2010
DrCakey said:
SimmianPrime said:
I think this may end up being only the 2nd series I've ever dropped.

At least until it's complete so I can marathon it but that'll prob only happen if I hear really good things.

I'll give it 2 more eps to do anything....literally anything to impress me.

Obligatory reference to One Piece.

No, but did episode three impress you too much, and you forgot to make your "impressed-ness" a longcount, so it reverted to a negative?

I-I don't really understand what you're saying, but I think you're attempting to insult me because I don't like the show at this stage? I never said it was bad, I just said (or heavily implied) that I don't like the show at this stage.

I'm not allowed to have an opinion?
Oct 25, 2013 3:58 PM

Feb 2011
the craziness keeps going up
Oct 25, 2013 4:06 PM
Aug 2013
I just hope this anime won't be turning to shit after 8 episodes or so( like Gurenn Lagann for example)
Oct 25, 2013 4:39 PM
Jul 2009
i just hope this anime stays this good all the way though (like gurren lagann)
FMA:B OUTDATED noot KIMI NO NA WA OVERRATED noot LONG HAVE WE WAITED noot PINGU IN THE CITY WAS CREATED noot
Oct 25, 2013 5:12 PM

May 2012
This episode....was really annoying to watch.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Oct 25, 2013 5:23 PM

Dec 2010
Dat shimapan tho.
Oct 25, 2013 5:25 PM

Sep 2013
liked it even tho it wasnt too serious

for the panties
Oct 25, 2013 5:39 PM

Mar 2013
What in the fu-
That was absolutely incredulous...I had my mouth open in shock throughout the whole episode...
Oct 25, 2013 6:10 PM

Jul 2010
A gag episode, Mako is incredibly hilarious, thanks god there is her.
Also, Sawano-sama OST strikes once again. Need the album asap.
Oct 25, 2013 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
Three words: Pantsu and nosebleed.

Crazy ep even though there is a change in the pace. Have to agree about the animation though.
Oct 25, 2013 8:34 PM
Jun 2011
Gotta love this show, it's fucking insane and it gets crazier every ep.
BTW: Am I the only one who came to the horrifying realization that Gamagori ISN'T the bad guy he's made out to be.
Think about it: Thus far, he killed a traitor, scared the shit out of everyone, and put out a gauntlet, which by itself Ryuko passed just fine.
He also intervened when Maiko decided she wanted to take over the school.

The big lug might be alright after all.

And what comment involving this ep would be complete without Ryuko's panties of doom?
Seriously, her ass caused more problems in this ep than the gauntlet did!
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Oct 25, 2013 9:11 PM

Sep 2010
Guts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every other character

back to srs bsnss next week
Oct 25, 2013 9:20 PM
Oct 2012
Akanezora said:
A gag episode, Mako is incredibly hilarious, thanks god there is her.

Absolutely, she is the butter to this shows pan, though give how she manages to escape every situation she is put into, I wouldn't be surprised if she were the last boss.

Though "this will save anime" is a joke, you know what, this show could save animation. More so then Gurren, this show really captures what made animation great back in the 80's.
Oct 25, 2013 10:31 PM

Mar 2012
A few things I appreciated more the second time around:
- Mako's apparent ability to teleport. I died of laughter when she appeared beside Gamagori and his expression was like, "how the fuck."
- Guts
- Pseudo-homeroom
- Maiko saying, "heuhh he-he-he heuh, BAHHHKA!"
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 25, 2013 11:04 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. What an epic way to enter school.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2013 12:50 AM

Aug 2012
Those pink stripes. hehe
Oct 26, 2013 1:18 AM

Nov 2012
FUNNY EPISODE!
those panties scene :3
Oct 26, 2013 2:26 AM

Jul 2010
This episode made me laugh so much.But there was no action this week...5/5
Oct 26, 2013 2:27 AM

Jan 2013
obv filler yet it still managed to entertain me.
Oct 26, 2013 2:42 AM

Oct 2013
really nice ep!!

i had to lol hard at the whole ep.

Grannys using bazookas xD
Oct 26, 2013 7:17 AM

May 2012
R!P!G!
Oct 26, 2013 9:09 AM

Nov 2010
Insane, yet so enjoyable
Oct 26, 2013 9:12 AM

Jul 2008
From the looks of things, if this series is only gonna have 1 season (which I hope not) then it's most likely going to have 24-26 episodes :D
Oct 26, 2013 9:35 AM

Jul 2013
What just happened?
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

961 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

338 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.