Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 4, 2012 6:27 PM

Dec 2009
Very good episode as well as the whole story. And Senjougahara was gorgeous as always))) I enjoy her dialogues with Araragi, they are probably the best element of this series...)))
Apr 11, 2012 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
So is it implied the Araragi fucked Senjougahara that night? :P
No.
May 6, 2012 4:25 AM

Sep 2010
That Koyomi and Hitagi
So,they finally had their first XD
May 14, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2010
Ummm am I the only one who thought it was pretty... tame? Yes I liked the battle scene with Karen though I hoped Araragi would've kicked/punched her at least a few times but the whole Kaiki talking thing was rather... dull. I expected them to at least freak out a little and resort to violence but yeah, it'll probably happen somwhere in the next arcs xD At least I hope it does
Jun 4, 2012 4:54 PM

Mar 2012
Oh yeah! Araragi got some!
Jun 26, 2012 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
Amazing fight scene, Karen's is too f-ing strong ahah!

That Kaiki, he's mindfucking me ><
Jun 29, 2012 10:38 PM

Jan 2010
Some quick speculations, chime in please.

Fight Scene:

The fight scene was obvious over exaggeration. They do it in a lot of scenes. It was just to show emphasis on how strong she was. Not necessarily super strength strong. Imagery.

Kaiki talk:

What will they achieve if they fought him? It's obvious he's an imposter. What could will it do if he summoned Shinobu to kick his ass and possibly kill him? He's a con man. Yes, what he did was wrong but since when was the Monogatari series about killing people (thus far. Perhaps in the past before Bakemonogatari but not these two season)?

"Be Gentle With Me":

Doesn't mean they had sex. You guys are just over thinking a situation/very vivid imagination. It was just a phrase. They could have just kissed, hold hands, and walk around. This is the Japanese culture, not the American/Western culture. Think about that for a moment. If she did mean sex, Araragi would've had a splash scene going "YATA!" with a goofy face. Yes, it was an emotional scene but not to the point where they would just have sex. I haven't read the novels so I can be wrong. It's just what I think
Jul 8, 2012 10:27 AM

Aug 2008
If anything Araragi should ask Senjougahara to be gentle
Aug 4, 2012 5:23 PM

May 2012
Great episode! Especially the fight scene and the ending!
Aug 12, 2012 1:41 AM

Sep 2009
So Karen and Koyomi were just misunderstanding each other after all. Great beatdown though. The talk with Kaiki was also good.

p.s. Quite a few insecure boys around haha. It's OK. You won't lose your manhood even if you don't defend male characters.
Aug 20, 2012 5:02 PM

Jun 2012
Wtf? How is Karen so damn strong?
Aug 26, 2012 11:37 AM

Aug 2012
Nice episode, Kaiki was so badass.

Nov 18, 2012 6:07 AM

Sep 2012
Queen_Stars said:
I know Araragi wasn't going to fight Karen, but really, will he ever fight anyone?
Does a male opponent have to come along in order for him to actually prove active in a scrap?

Read Kizumonogatari. You won't be disappointed!
Nov 18, 2012 8:52 AM

Aug 2009
Red_Keys said:
Queen_Stars said:
I know Araragi wasn't going to fight Karen, but really, will he ever fight anyone?
Does a male opponent have to come along in order for him to actually prove active in a scrap?

Read Kizumonogatari. You won't be disappointed!

Although the only good fight is
.The others, at least in the LN, werent better than the fight with Suruga in Bake.
Nov 20, 2012 5:39 PM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
.The others, at least in the LN, werent better than the fight with Suruga in Bake.
Huh?
Nov 21, 2012 2:18 AM

Aug 2009
Red_Keys said:
ssjokg said:
Huh?
Well the other fights in Kizu didnt look that amazing to me.
Nov 29, 2012 4:22 PM

Dec 2011
It finally related to the first series :3
the fight was fun to watch, but the conversation was way more interesting.
Dec 4, 2012 8:16 PM

Jun 2009
McRib said:
Impostory
Falstory
Bogustory

More like Fanservicestory....I'm sorry but they're really going overboard with it in this sequel. It has gotten to the point where it's detracting from the story. Goddamn it SHAFT.

There was like one scene of fanservice in this episode, though. The naked fire sisters. I really think you are overblowing this anyway, as imo it's been pretty well handled all around.

Great episode. Love the fight scene and, of course, the scene with Kaiki was fantastic. Love his character and interactions with Hitagi and Koyomi. And, yeah, the two of them definitely had sex. Which is pretty cool.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 9, 2012 8:07 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, I was really hoping that they would beat the crap out of him but I guess this is ok too lol.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 29, 2012 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
Wait.. that last scene with the sisters.. was that supposed to mean they are yuri-incest sisters?? Karen did say after her fight with Araragi that she already was in love.

Was that naked sleeping scene supposed to indicate that Tsukihi and Karen were in love, or was that just there for fanservice? They also hold hands as they left the house...

I feel like I must know!
Dec 29, 2012 1:58 PM

Aug 2009
KanuTousen said:
Wait.. that last scene with the sisters.. was that supposed to mean they are yuri-incest sisters?? Karen did say after her fight with Araragi that she already was in love.

Was that naked sleeping scene supposed to indicate that Tsukihi and Karen were in love, or was that just there for fanservice? They also hold hands as they left the house...

I feel like I must know!
Nah,probably just a symbolism of their bond or whatever.Also I think(been a long time since I saw it) that the few times they(at least Tsukihi) said the names of their boyfriends/crushes the names were different.
Dec 31, 2012 6:01 PM

Oct 2012
Wait wait wait, WHAT!?!? Did Shenjougahara just imply that her and Araragi were going to have sex later that evening? Thats the implication, Right?! AM I TO UNDERSTAND THIS CORRECTLY!?!?
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Mar 23, 2013 6:21 PM

Sep 2011
Dramatic sibling quarrel and not-so dramatic villain-hero quarrel (they should have at least hurt him in some way or another).
It was weird to see the unrealistic fight, but I didn't really have much problem with it. It was actually fun to watch.
I like Karen and Araragi's sibling bond. But I still wonder how Araragi explained the kiss to her.
Again, too much Senjougahara.
Unexpected sister-yuri. I'm not a fan of too much fanservice, but I was fine with that ;)
Mar 29, 2013 11:25 PM
Jan 2012
That fight was only unrealistic by world standards. Who knows how things work in the world that the "Monogatari" series takes place. That said, the fight was awesome and one of the highlights of the episode. I do prefer dialogue and story over fights, but seeing Karen is always better than seeing Senjougahara. Also, Koyomi needs to stop being a jerk to his sisters.

Anyway, Kaiki is a very interesting person, he is creepy, but amusing. He is affably evil. Did he transform himself in those crows? What exactly is he? I loved this line of him "There is no such thing as truth in this world." I don't know about the world he lives in, but the phrase fits perfectly this world of ours. Also, nice and unexpected yuri-wincest in the last minutes of the episode. Lastly, Senjougahara's status in this series should be changed to 'main', since she has more focus than a lot of other characters.
Apr 29, 2013 12:39 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the conclusion to this arc. Everything ended up being 'fake'. Senjougahara offering sex after she settled her past tells us that she really did settle it and not just say it (since that guy tried to rape her). Don't get if the sisters are actually into each other with the yuri thing but it was nice fanservice! ;)
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 13, 2013 8:58 PM

Jan 2013
Am I the only person who realizes that

MUCH LIKE EVERY SINGLE SCENE IN THIS FREAKING SHOW

they didnt actually destroy a bridge. It was just Monogatari dramatic nonsense.

Araragi and Snail girl didnt run across the entire earth this season.

Araragi didn't really clean 20 thousand books out of Kanbaru's room.

Why are people on MAL unaware of symbolism?
May 14, 2013 10:53 PM
Apr 2013
Well...Araragi and Senjougahara did it. Well it was implied but WOAH. Lucky him though. Actually realizing it now i'd rather be Araragi (puts on white hoodie).
May 18, 2013 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
Solvite said:

This. Also, I really really hate the monogatari fanbase sometimes. Just because the climax wasn't funny dialogue and didn't involve ass-kicking, it was boring? Fuck. That scene was the most emotional and intellectually stimulating in the series so far. Just incredible.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
May 30, 2013 7:39 AM

Jun 2008
Teldara said:

"Be Gentle With Me":

Doesn't mean they had sex. You guys are just over thinking a situation/very vivid imagination. It was just a phrase. They could have just kissed, hold hands, and walk around. This is the Japanese culture, not the American/Western culture. Think about that for a moment. If she did mean sex, Araragi would've had a splash scene going "YATA!" with a goofy face. Yes, it was an emotional scene but not to the point where they would just have sex. I haven't read the novels so I can be wrong. It's just what I think

I'd agree with this. Although the phrase itself is pretty suggestive, let's see if there are any references in the next episode(s)

Jun 7, 2013 12:11 AM

Nov 2012
yeah finally some good epic fighting lol XD

not bad karen.. I hope koyomi release the vampire power lol XD but that is a wise choice to not release it :o
Jun 30, 2013 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
I think a Monogatari battle shounen spin-off would turn out pretty well.
Jul 8, 2013 10:34 PM

May 2013
monkeii said:
So, did anyone actually read the novels? No? Yes?

Well, unless you HAVE read the novels, in Nekomonogatari White, it is actually reveled that they DIDN'T HAVE SEX.

DIDN'T HAVE SEX

so enough with these theories of Kaiki opening up her mind towards sex and crap.

THANK YOU I WAS READING THIS TREAD AND WAS SO CONFUSING AND ANNOYING

I KNEW THEY DIDNT HAVE SEX (TRY YAHOO ANSWER GUYS)
I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO CONFIRM IT
Jul 10, 2013 12:42 AM

Oct 2012
That sibling quarrel just destroyed the highway.
Jul 17, 2013 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
So this arch is finally over.
Jul 17, 2013 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
Aug 6, 2013 2:04 PM

Jun 2012
na35899 said:
monkeii said:
So, did anyone actually read the novels? No? Yes?

Well, unless you HAVE read the novels, in Nekomonogatari White, it is actually reveled that they DIDN'T HAVE SEX.

DIDN'T HAVE SEX

so enough with these theories of Kaiki opening up her mind towards sex and crap.

THANK YOU I WAS READING THIS TREAD AND WAS SO CONFUSING AND ANNOYING

I KNEW THEY DIDNT HAVE SEX (TRY YAHOO ANSWER GUYS)
I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO CONFIRM IT

Well, from my stand point, and I'm sure many others' as well, looking things up is a quick way to accidentally get spoilers. I personally will at least finish the series before looking anything up, though I plan to read the novels after the anime anyway.
Aug 12, 2013 8:09 PM

Dec 2011
Ok so, was Kaiki trying to 'wound' Hitagi again by saying that her attempted rapist died without her involvement whatsoever and thus would not be able to truly reconcile her past? Then again it completely backfired since she didn't really care and proceeded to do the deed with Kiyomi, since that's what was holding her back previously. If so, then I guess she really has changed since the former Hitagi would not have been able to let that go so easily.

I don't know either way, that's why I like this series so much. A lot of thought clearly goes into the dialogue and it's great.
Sep 5, 2013 5:29 PM

Dec 2008
What? That was it? A heated discussion and all Kaiki does is leave town? I was expecting Senjougahara to beat him to a pulp and then for Shinobu to come out and suck all of his blood.
Sep 15, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
Loved the music that played during the Koyomi vs Karen fight scene.

It's odd for me to see a dispute like that solved simply by a heated conversation - a part of me was expecting Hitagi to go and pencil-kick him (or staple his mouth, as she does). I guess the slight unexpected instances are what makes this series enjoyably different.
Sep 24, 2013 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
Favourite part of this ep is when Senjougahara tells Araragi to be gentle with her, it's really romantic but really sexual at the same time and Araragi gets all excited, I also like how it doesn't show any of them actually making out, it kind of leaves it to your imagination.
"Okarin... Okarin... I don't know who that is, but when I say his name, I feel warm inside" - Mayuri "Mayushii" Shiina
Sep 27, 2013 8:32 AM

Dec 2012
Why is Karen so fucking strong? Either it was a side effect of the bee or exaggeration from the show, but neither were hinted at. And the discussion of nisemonos felt like utter gibberish. Is Koyomi the "real deal"? Because I don't see the difference between what he did with Senjougahara and what his sisters do.

Much of the Kaiki scene went over my head too. He claims to be a fake, but is able to see that Koyomi is harboring half the bee + Shinobu... I like how the episode ended anyway.
Oct 24, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2013
"Please be gentle with me tonight"
If they didn't have sex then who the fuck knows what they did.
Love the relationship between Hitagi and Araragi. It's too cute.
an egomaniac and a fool

Nov 22, 2013 8:56 PM
Nov 2013
Citrix said:
Anyone else find it weird how Karen didn't give it a second thought why she would have normally killed someone but with that violence Araragi was like..unharmed?

Also, lol at Araragi expression when con man was telling Hitagi about her crush.

I had the same expression when i heard that xD
Dec 15, 2013 2:24 PM

Feb 2013
I love Hitagi on that last scene. XD
Their relationship is cute and romantic.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Dec 19, 2013 7:11 PM

Feb 2013
Good way to end that story i guess, didn't think that Kaiki wouldn't put up a fight. maybe he knew he wasn't going to win, overall it was a good episode.
Dec 22, 2013 2:05 AM
Nov 2013
Great conclusion to a great arc, albeit not one that i was expecting. Looking forward to Tsuhiki arc.

I heard a lot of hate towards this season before going into it, but I am enjoying it nearly as much if not as much as Bakemonogatari.

Really actually kind of irritates me to see all these people calling this episode anticlimactic. Not everything has to end in a fight scene.

Yakub said:
Solvite said:

This. Also, I really really hate the monogatari fanbase sometimes. Just because the climax wasn't funny dialogue and didn't involve ass-kicking, it was boring? Fuck. That scene was the most emotional and intellectually stimulating in the series so far. Just
incredible.

Thank both of you for putting those sentiments into much better words than i could have.
SatanicBeaverDec 22, 2013 2:12 AM
Dec 29, 2013 12:48 PM

Oct 2013
That fight at the beginning was so unrealistic, there's no way one's body could cause so much destruction, you might heal fast, but that doesn't mean you're invincible, he should've been torn to pieces when he crashed to the bridge.

I actually found Kaiki's character interesting and would like to see more of him, although it's unlikely it will happen.

I feel like, this show has been lacking fanservice lately. :C
Jan 10, 2014 5:39 AM

Sep 2013
My favorite scene oddly enough is the shot of the thrown can in the bin (there was a long shot of Senjougahara throwing it away before confronting Kaiki) towards the end of the episode. It's small details like that that make the Monogatari series as good as it is
Jan 16, 2014 2:12 AM

Apr 2012
Is there something wrong with me for liking Kaiki? This arc secured him a place on my favourite characters list.

Aversa said:
Virginity does not and should not define a women; not being a virgin =/= being a slut.

Agree'd, however:

Aversa said:
Virginity or purity is just nonsense.

I disagree with this. While naturally, different people have different preferences, you shouldn't go judging everyone else for not conforming to your taste.
Jan 26, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
The fight with his sister was way too hilarious. It was just so epic, destroying an entire highway xD

Araragi writing naughty thing on his sisters forehead :P

I was so confused with Kaiki, it seemed like everything he was saying was a lie. So is the bee problem really over? Did he even fool Shinobu? She clearly explained to Araragi his sisters situation.

When Sengouhara said ''Be gentle with me'', it was so sweet :3

Karen and Tsukihi are way too sexy, Koyomi are harem is so fucked, 5 lolis with 2 of them being his sisters, one cat, one monkey and one crazy girlfriend xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

766 by slayer70 »»
Sep 14, 4:41 AM

» What are your thoughts on this season’s highly sexual tones? ( 1 2 )

Smellyjuney - Aug 15

54 by eblf2013 »»
Sep 4, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

417 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 22, 8:32 PM

» Platinum Disco or Renai Circulation?

Teyzone - Dec 12, 2019

19 by logopolis »»
Aug 16, 1:46 AM

Poll: » The toothbrush scene ( 1 2 )

Sports_Friday - Jul 16, 2022

51 by logopolis »»
Aug 16, 1:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.