Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 5, 2013 10:40 AM

Jun 2008
Antanaru said:
Seriously who in his right mind would switch from Nomad to Deen...

Nomad's adaptation wasn't great either, it literally made it's own story at the 2nd season, and just didn't bother to continue it.

And the new 2nd episode is already shown to be new material from the 2nd series of the manga the 1st chapter of it. It won't be a recap episode, but direct continuation. 2nd episode is going to be about "Jun who didn't wind".

-----------------------------
It's a reboot, but with materials from the 2nd series which is a sequel to Nomad's Rozen Maiden. How hard it is to understand that, unless you're new to the series. Honestly, I felt this is the better decision from DEEN. rather than reanimating all that happened in Nomad's Rozen Maiden, I rather have them continue it.

It is a fact a "Fuck you" to new viewers, but don't care about them, the only thing I care about is, we've finally got a continuation.
kaimaxJul 5, 2013 10:47 AM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 5, 2013 10:55 AM

Feb 2009
Antanaru said:
I guess it will go on during second episode with third being the real beginning of this series.

Have you seen the preview after the ending?
Antanaru said:
I'd rather see a remake by Nomad faithfully following the first manga and then doing second season.

Me too, but let's hope that they'll at least make a good adaptation of Tales.
kaimax said:
Nomad's adaptation wasn't great either, it literally made it's own story at the 2nd season, and just didn't bother to continue it.

That's because by the time Traumend and Ouverture came out, the first manga hadn't even ended yet.
It's kinda like the situation with FMA 2003.
kaimax said:
2nd series which is a sequel to Nomad's Rozen Maiden

Not really. Yes, many things are the same, but even the ending of Nomad's season 1 isn't canon here. Suigintou isn't missing her stomach and wasn't defeated by Shinku.
Jul 5, 2013 11:10 AM

Oct 2010
waterflame said:
OK, after a quick research this is what I get: this is an adaptation of the second series of the manga... but DEEN haven't really finished adapting("adapting") the first series...
So basically, their target audience is the manga readers... It's like they're saying "Yeah, that adaptation we did back then - it was shit, won't even bother counting it as an existing anime"
Pretty lame, if that's the case. But then again, the first manga is only 42 chapters, it should be easy and quick to read it.

The same thing happened with Hayate the Combat Butler. The 2nd season just scraps half of the first, and continues with adapting the manga. The seasons after that are a new kind of mess though.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 5, 2013 11:11 AM

Oct 2010
This seems interesting, but there is way too much history for me to get into it now. I'll put this in my "on hold."
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 5, 2013 11:30 AM

Oct 2011
Shoujo_Q said:
AnimeFan500 said:
Wait where is Barashishou? The eighth Rozen Maiden

Barasuishou does not exist in the manga and, as a result, does not exist here (she was the Seventh, in any case, in the earlier anime series).

Spoiler for Rozen Maiden Traumend:

Oh I see. Thank you for that info. Since watching this recap, my memories of the series came flooding back to me.
AnimeFan500Jul 5, 2013 11:57 AM
Jul 5, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2008
great, however I really expected a new season, till now seen, tht I guess its a re-make from maybe both seasons, so I will watch it

as I luv the series.
Jul 5, 2013 12:10 PM

Sep 2012
sweet Satan its so nice to see all this again,the nostalgia when Ali Project played in the opening was amazing

uuugh and thatED was sick.

a little upset at the slaughter of dolls so soon.but I'm just over all happy to return to this series since its been soooo long.
Jul 5, 2013 12:31 PM

Aug 2008
kaimax said:

And the new 2nd episode is already shown to be new material from the 2nd series of the manga the 1st chapter of it. It won't be a recap episode, but direct continuation. 2nd episode is going to be about "Jun who didn't wind".

-----------------------------
It's a reboot, but with materials from the 2nd series which is a sequel to Nomad's Rozen Maiden. How hard it is to understand that, unless you're new to the series. Honestly, I felt this is the better decision from DEEN. rather than reanimating all that happened in Nomad's Rozen Maiden, I rather have them continue it.

It is a fact a "Fuck you" to new viewers, but don't care about them, the only thing I care about is, we've finally got a continuation.
I know it wasn't great as an adaptation but it was made when manga was still ongoing so you couldn't expect anything other than filler ending. It's still a horrible decision from Deen, you don't mash everything that happened before in one episode recap. They should just start with new material and spare us that crappy compilation but I guess they want to save on writing...

Rinso said:
Have you seen the preview after the ending?
No, my version didn't have it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 5, 2013 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
it is nice to see Rozen Maiden again...

Suiseiseki is so beautiful here just like in the manga....

so this 1st episode is the summarize of 8 volumes....hmmm...ok...

good thing i read the manga a couple of years ago so i can keep up on the story...

can't wait to see the next episode....

xD
Jul 5, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
i thought this was gonna be a new season, not a reboot but... desu!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 5, 2013 1:48 PM
Dec 2012
Hmm.. I don't get it anymore. It's a recap but not a total recap... Hmpf, Weird first episode.
Jul 5, 2013 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
That didn't really work so well as a recap. I liked it and all -- graphical style seems a little too "processed like Tumblr gifs" to me -- but I think that, had I gone in without any knowledge of what was going on, I'd have been lost.
Jul 5, 2013 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
I guess the 1-episode recap is a little more understandable somewhat considering this is only a 13-episode season. It still could have been done a lot better though.
Jul 5, 2013 2:33 PM

Dec 2008
I always forget that Souseiseki is a girl.

If that's adult Jun in the trailer, I'm glad he doesn't look like his kid self. Gawd, he drove me mad in the anime. Was so happy to see Suiguintou again :D Can't wait for the series to really start.
Jul 5, 2013 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
TravSavage said:
I guess the 1-episode recap is a little more understandable somewhat considering this is only a 13-episode season. It still could have been done a lot better though.

It's kind of a difficult balance. Unfortunately, the terse nature makes this a little uninviting for newcomers.

Though, I guess at least Kirakishou is pretty cool. And really, really creepy.
Jul 5, 2013 3:11 PM

Mar 2012
Obzedat said:
TravSavage said:

It's kind of a difficult balance. Unfortunately, the terse nature makes this a little uninviting for newcomers.

Though, I guess at least Kirakishou is pretty cool. And really, really creepy.

Creepy is an understatement to say the least about her
Jul 5, 2013 3:33 PM

Sep 2009
I think it would have been much better if DEEN had given two episodes for a recap. I watched the first two seasons and LOVED them, but to a person who walked into this series blindly... poor them.

PROS:
+ great art and animation
+ more ali project
+ KIRAKISHOU (seriously. i LOVED how she was presented)

CONS:
- too rushed
- doesn't make too much sense to a newcomer
- no buildup at all
Jul 5, 2013 3:34 PM

Nov 2009
Boss-Shinku's bitchslap, Shinku x Suigintou danmaku battle, and Suigintou's evil smirk~
Nice start.
Jul 5, 2013 3:55 PM

Mar 2012
Beatoriche said:
I think it would have been much better if DEEN had given two episodes for a recap. I watched the first two seasons and LOVED them, but to a person who walked into this series blindly... poor them.

PROS:
+ great art and animation
+ more ali project
+ KIRAKISHOU (seriously. i LOVED how she was presented)

CONS:
- too rushed
- doesn't make too much sense to a newcomer
- no buildup at all

So its a 50/50 split Ha :) don't worry it will get better you will see
Jul 5, 2013 3:55 PM

Oct 2011
Nice to see they're revamping this series!
The visuals are AMAZING! So is the music!
I love this, and I really hope they keep up with this animation.
Jul 5, 2013 4:40 PM

Aug 2010
Dem bastards screwed teh designs. Mah Shinku had cute plump cheeks back in 2004, now it looks like she has been starving all these years. And dat bloody 3D, dammit.
Jul 5, 2013 4:41 PM
Sep 2011
ahahahaha DEEN
good job
Jul 5, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2013
Can't wait for next episode.
Jul 5, 2013 6:25 PM

Mar 2012
43 chapters...in one episode...that's too much. Why, Studio DEEN? Why? I was hoping this was going to adapt up to that point where the episode ended. Now, they're just skipping straight to the 'do not wind' arc without any character development....What the actual fuck, DEEN?
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 5, 2013 6:52 PM

Jul 2008
CreationBreaker said:
43 chapters...in one episode...that's too much. Why, Studio DEEN? Why? I was hoping this was going to adapt up to that point where the episode ended. Now, they're just skipping straight to the 'do not wind' arc without any character development....What the actual fuck, DEEN?

Are they actually skipping things or are they just starting straight from the second manga, and this episode was a quick recap to get there?
Jul 5, 2013 8:16 PM

Jul 2008
Holy cow that was the most rushed thing I've seen lately.

The animation in general was bad, as expected of DEEN... lot of still-shot, lot of "quality animation" and the number of frame was under-average. At least the art somehow compensate a bit for it.

The OST wasn't much present but when it was, at least it was done properly. Still my dislike of Ali Project makes me hate the Op by default.

This episode was a mess. A first time viewer will not be able to enjoy that episode at all. Even I who watched the original series back in 2006 could hardly follow what happened.
I understand that it was supposed to be a "recap" but it totally lost all of it's meaning, purpose and ended up being a wasted episode for the sake of "having a recap episode".

If they wanted to do a recap they should have directed it better than that and use two episodes for that, else they shouldn't have done any recap.

Why DEEN are still making anime...? They are horrible at it. Just give your fund to Bones or White Fox and close already.
Jul 5, 2013 8:43 PM

Mar 2012
GarLogan78 said:
CreationBreaker said:

Are they actually skipping things or are they just starting straight from the second manga, and this episode was a quick recap to get there?

Well, those 43 chapters were never completely adapted. They were only partially adapted in the previous Rozen Maiden anime seasons and then given anime original story lines and endings. From the looks of it, though, they recapped all of the first 43 chapters into one episode and are going straight to Part 2 of the manga which is what you are referring to as the second manga. Seriously...if it wasn't for the fact that I read the manga and as such had a vague memory of what was going on, I would have probably dropped this anime at this episode, which would have been a first for me.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jul 6, 2013 12:52 AM

Aug 2012
AHahah oh you DEEN.
You and your way of making hair so fluffy.
Jul 6, 2013 1:41 AM

Jan 2011
Was able to follow this for the first 3mins then it just completely lost me what on earth is going on!

guess this isn't my cup of tea ed was interesting though.
Jul 6, 2013 1:52 AM
May 2012
I watched real version and finished it today.it was a really good story except for the main thing is that they are girl dolls.But it was really good.
Now here i thought we will be having a sequel.
Turns out to be a alternative.and it is worse than before.
The world is so cruel.
I want to smack the producers at least once.
Hated it really>-5/5
Jul 6, 2013 3:02 AM
Sep 2009
I like it, and that wonderful soundtrack.
Jul 6, 2013 3:31 AM

Oct 2008
rederoin said:
Is it me, or is this a 'recap' of the orginal series? It has been a while since I saw the orginal rozen maiden series.

Well, atleast DESU is back.

My thoughts also. I was wondering if I was actually just watching an up resolution of the original, but I remembered the original being much better.
Jul 6, 2013 3:49 AM
Jun 2008
I remember this show is not that wtf before. This new version seems to be a bit rush ? or maybe I am just too old to keep up with new trend xD
The quality was so good, it makes other Anime look so bad !!

Good or worse, Its nice to see Rozen again. This Anime is one of my favorite during my college day DESU.
Jul 6, 2013 5:18 AM
Feb 2011
i watch the majority of my anime in Japaneses, i dunno if anyone else is the same but i think for rozen maiden the dub was better than the subbed and im hoping if this does get picked up for dubbed that they get the same eng dubbed actors.
i chose to discuss this because there were already enough people debating the story of the first episode
Jul 6, 2013 5:41 AM

Aug 2009
"Dohohoho, let's animate the second incomplete part of the manga and recap the 8 volumes of the first one in a single 24-minute episode" - Studio DEEN
And given that manga is incomplete we're probably gonna be left in a situation similar to Nomad adaptation.
Jul 6, 2013 7:40 AM

Apr 2009
This is one sloppy messed up recap episode.

For those who are new to RM and confuse about this recap, should watch the whole previous two seasons to understand.
Jul 6, 2013 8:06 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
dafuq DEEN dafuq

Come on, DEEN, don't do this to us.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 6, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
Wait... Why rushing things like this. I didn't read the manga damnit.
Jul 6, 2013 9:08 AM

May 2010
This fresh start it's great, can't wait to see more
Jul 6, 2013 9:10 AM

Nov 2007
Copy pasting my reply from a different thread in hopes that it'll be enough to persuade more people to stick around and continue watching RM.

Info for anyone new to the series, and what to do to actually start watching RM 2013

Best advice:
- Read the 1st manga series which consists of 7 volumes
Second best advice:
- Watch the first 2 Nomad seasons, and supplement with info from wikis on the anime and manga differences.

Manga:
- Split into two 'series'
- 1st series is 7 volumes
- 2nd series is still ongoing, and each chapter is called a 'Tale'

Nomad:
- Based loosely off the 1st manga series

Manga vs Nomad:
Similarities
- 1st manga series and Nomad's version ended in cliff hangers
- despite how the stories progressed, both Souseiseki and Hina Ichigo were the first to be out of the Alice Game in the same order

Differences
- Nomad had an anime-only doll called Barasuishou which had her designs based on Kirakishou's, which never appeared (until the very end for a few seconds as cameo)
- Souseiseki's first medium in the anime and manga are different
- plus many many more

Deen:
- follows the 2nd manga series, hence calling each episode 'Tale' too
- 1st episode was a recap of the 1st manga series, not Nomad's version
Jul 6, 2013 9:18 AM
Dec 2012
Why ya guys so **** This is a recap, NOT a remake. Those who didn't read the manga or watched the 2 previous anime should NOT watch this... or else you will say:"wtf is this ****, make no sense at all."
I believe that this show will get better and better. Also OMG the art is gorgeous. I feel like I want to spam DESU now~
Jul 6, 2013 9:23 AM

Nov 2012
its like a chuunibyou anime lol XD
well not really bad

I just like the wings that rozen maiden doll no.1 has :p
Jul 6, 2013 9:27 AM
Feb 2011
The episode was okay. The recap was smashed together pretty harshly for what would have been the first part of the series in the manga. I was hoping that it would follow the anime series instead of the manga for arguments sake. Because while the story int he anime was rather different from the manga, it was done extremely well, and I would have liked to see how it would have ended.

Still, though, I am excited for how far they go into this series. And anything that has more Suigintou is okay with me. XD
Jul 6, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2012
Quickie comment...

I did not know till I checked my streaming site that they have RM2013 up. So yay~

To give my own run-down: I have watched the first Rozen Maiden season (DESU DESU), but not the second one where it leads to new direction...?

Then I herd of the existence of the manga, but I never read them. And yet, I see no problem, most likely because I know what's going on thanks to S1... It was still strange that this episode was trying to make a tasteful recap on the manga routes.

The "style" got a bit softer and elegant, but again nothing wrong in my view. Hopefully Epi. 2 of this "re-boot" would be good...

BUT AHHH MY HINA-ICHIGO FEELS!

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Jul 6, 2013 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
That was some really big and fast recap there. 8 volumes in one episode? That's alot. You could call this a episode 0 and not 1. But I'm really excited to see the second episode! And there is your answer everyone. This is not a third season or a remake, but a new Rozen Maiden series based on a manga 'Rozen Maiden Ii' which is a continuation to the original Rozen Maiden. And the word 'Zurückspulen' means 'Rewind', so basically Jun did not wind when he was a kid and now when he is an adult he gets into the world of Rozen Maiden differently. And also this is an alternative universe. So excited to see this! And also the animation was really good(considering it's DEEN) and I really liked the background. It looked beautiful. The OP was great. ALI Project doesn't dissapoint me. The ED was really soothing and calm. Annabel's voice is beautiful.
Jul 6, 2013 11:49 AM

Nov 2012
Everyone already said about recap so nothing to add.

Ali project get worse all thier New songs sounds same.
Jul 6, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2008
Krunchy said:

Ali project get worse all thier New songs sounds same.

All of my "this".
Jul 6, 2013 2:32 PM
Nov 2011
Too much stuff. In one episode.

Hmm, but this is going to be 13 episodes, so that's why they have to hurry.

I like Kirakishou's voice a lot.
-___-
Jul 6, 2013 3:56 PM

Feb 2013
I liked the pacing better than the original, but they left out Nori finding out about the dolls and what happened as a result... that's kind-of important information.

I only got about half way through the first season of the original before I dropped it. I like how they introduced most of the dolls and got some action going much faster. If they keep the pace, it might be interesting enough to keep me watching this time.
Jul 6, 2013 5:31 PM

Aug 2011
Ah it feels nostalgic to return to these characters again. It merges the familiar with the new. Art style is a little odd at first but I've quickly adapted to it. Classic Ali Project OP for Rozen again, really loved the ED song but the visuals didn't impress.

Can't wait for the next ep when the real fun begins.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2013

53 by aloradear »»
Jun 17, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

118 by KinjiKido »»
Jun 22, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Rozen Maiden (2013) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

71 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 27, 2021 11:42 AM

» How many chapters did they adapt

Allen_014 - Aug 17, 2021

0 by Allen_014 »»
Aug 17, 2021 7:21 AM

» Is this a standalone series?

Shahjoo - Jul 4, 2013

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Dec 23, 2020 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.