Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 126 127 [128] 129 130 » ... Last »
May 17, 2013 1:47 PM

Nov 2012
Gunbuster
May 17, 2013 1:56 PM

Apr 2011
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Every Yuasa Masaaki anime
May 17, 2013 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Brigadoon: Marin & Melan
May 17, 2013 2:07 PM
Jul 2012
mawaxid said:
Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood).

Thumbs up, but I wouldn't really call it underrated, I mean yes MAL is stupid for treating FMA like a battle shounen and watching the version with more battles without even watching the one with better storytelling but it's still taken in high regards by the people who don't watch anime for the superficial shit

Anyway my pick would be Dennou Coil, Brigadoon and pretty much every thing made in the 80s and before
May 17, 2013 2:48 PM

May 2013
these are all great suggestions, some of them i have seen. There is just so many and i'm trying to expand my horizons.
May 17, 2013 2:51 PM

Apr 2009
Tarextherex said:
mawaxid said:

Thumbs up, but I wouldn't really call it underrated, I mean yes MAL is stupid for treating FMA like a battle shounen and watching the version with more battles without even watching the one with better storytelling but it's still taken in high regards by the people who don't watch anime for the superficial shit

Anyway my pick would be Dennou Coil, Brigadoon and pretty much every thing made in the 80s and before

1) FMA IS Shounen because it was published in a Shounen magazine.
2) Battle Shounen is a stupid term invented by Western weeaboos
3) Both versions of FMA are held in high regard for different reasons than battles.
4) You seem to link Shounen and "superficial shit", which is a bad generalization.
5) Dennou Coil is indeed good.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 17, 2013 3:02 PM

Aug 2009
Kemonozume and pretty much everything else by Masaaki Yuasa
Planetes
Texhnolyze
Bartender
Gallery Fake
Cheeky Angel
Windy Tales
Detroit Metal City

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
May 17, 2013 3:02 PM
Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:

the tearm battle shounen is not used here

cuase we do not use Shounen as a Genre
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 17, 2013 3:04 PM
Mar 2011
90% of toei made anime
all shin ei stuff
most eiken stuff
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 17, 2013 3:43 PM
Jul 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Tarextherex said:
mawaxid said:

1) FMA IS Shounen because it was published in a Shounen magazine.
2) Battle Shounen is a stupid term invented by Western weeaboos
3) Both versions of FMA are held in high regard for different reasons than battles.
4) You seem to link Shounen and "superficial shit", which is a bad generalization.
5) Dennou Coil is indeed good.

I just mentionned the words «superficial shit» vaguely because I didn't want this to turn into fma vs fmab, I didn't even have shounen in mind. Basically, what I meant by that is that most popular hype anime are liked for superficial reasons. Generally, when I see people that rate fmab above fma(with a pretty big gap sometimes), their reasons to do so are rarely because they genuinely prefer the manga's plot to the original one. They usually do so because fmab has more battles. And yeah I agree that battle shounen is a very stupid term but sadly it's so often used, so... yeah.

If you still want to discuss about this subject please to outside of this thread since it would be off-topic
May 17, 2013 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
wuggums47 said:
mawaxid said:
Btooom and Fullmetal Alchemist (not Brotherhood).

Wait what? People hate on Btooom!? Who? It was a very novel concept that everyone I know who has seen it enjoyed.

Not saying that anyone hated it, but its average score is 7.87 and I enjoyed it more than many other shows with a higher score.
So, personally I think it's underrated.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 17, 2013 3:48 PM

Mar 2012
The Law of Ueki
Kekkaishi
Trouble Chocolate
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Yu-Gi-Oh! series except Zexal
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 17, 2013 3:50 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
All overrated and underrated anime goes here

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 17, 2013 4:13 PM
Jan 2012
Houndthree said:
Currently airing RDG: Red Data Girl
Code:Breaker
Muv-Luv
Sacred Seven
Aquarion Evol
AKB0048 First Stage
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin (Score 8,56 but it's not as popular as it should be)

(Post in almost every thread you created damn i am sick, BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD)

¿Underrated or Overrated?, don't understand it.

For this season: Date a Live and Photo Kano the first in rating value and the other in popularity.
May 18, 2013 2:22 PM

Dec 2012
Overrated: Air, Kanon, Clannad, Unlucky Star, Pokemon, Drag-On Ball Z
Underrated: Tekkaman Blade
May 18, 2013 4:37 PM

May 2013
Overrated: One Piece, Naruto and Dragon Ball Z

Underrated: Lucky Star (not sure if it counts cuz it's pretty popular, but, the big issue is that I mostly saw negative reviews of it in MAL....)
Bulbagarden Forums: The Waddle Dee
Smogon/Pokémon Showdown: BandannaWaddleDoo
May 18, 2013 4:42 PM

Mar 2013
RandomBossEnemy said:

Underrated: Lucky Star (not sure if it counts cuz it's pretty popular, but, the big issue is that I mostly saw negative reviews of it in MAL....)

Lucky Star isn't underrated, it's extremely popular.
May 18, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2011
OverOverrated: Fairy tail.
Ovarrated: One Piece, SAO and Bakemonogatari.
Underrated: Monster, Hajime no ippo, Sora no otoshimono and Mardock scramble.
May 18, 2013 8:33 PM

Dec 2012
Chakaara said:
RandomBossEnemy said:

Lucky Star isn't underrated, it's extremely popular.

He already addressed that. Also something can be overrated without being popular. Being rated highly is very different from being popular.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
May 18, 2013 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Overrated: Clannad, Katekyo Hitman Reborn (was), Fairy Tail, the top 3, Rosario Vampire

Underrated: Darker than Black (first season), Baccano!
RaspberryFruitsMay 18, 2013 9:23 PM
May 18, 2013 10:00 PM

Mar 2012
DateYutaka said:
Right the main thing i call overrated are as Follows
Kanon 2006 - to far a departure from the source in both art and story

Madoka - Yt has not down what a lot of other anime in its genre did not do before it sub par casting even worse music queen is still queen and will always be in every conceivable way know to man form Tv ratings to sales hell over all as a franchise this did worse than precure[and nothing will ever beat sailor moon] in Tv Sales and in Multimedia Mark

Gundam W fine music Casting top notch the writing was abismall to say the least this along with g almost killed gundam and plus it over shadowed two much better au gundam in the 90's for reason on i never could explain.

Cowboy bebop - Top cast in Japanese and and top class music Minus it did so poor in ratings and sales
It seems to me that you don't know the meaning of the word 'overrated' nor anything about Japan
May 19, 2013 9:23 AM
Sep 2011
SaberRitsu said:
DateYutaka said:

Madoka - Yt has not down what a lot of other anime in its genre did not do before it sub par casting even worse music queen is still queen and will always be in every conceivable way know to man form Tv ratings to sales hell over all as a franchise this did worse than precure[and nothing will ever beat sailor moon] in Tv Sales and in Multimedia Mark

Gundam W fine music Casting top notch the writing was abismall to say the least this along with g almost killed gundam and plus it over shadowed two much better au gundam in the 90's for reason on i never could explain.

Cowboy bebop - Top cast in Japanese and and top class music Minus it did so poor in ratings and sales
It seems to me that you don't know the meaning of the word 'overrated' nor anything about Japan

Wait... you actually understood all of that? It just looked like gibberish to me.
May 19, 2013 9:29 AM

Dec 2012
RLinksoul said:
SaberRitsu said:
DateYutaka said:

Wait... you actually understood all of that? It just looked like gibberish to me.

I doubt he did, I sure as hell didn't.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
May 19, 2013 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
What he said about Madoka and Cowboy bebop is right though.
May 19, 2013 2:25 PM

May 2013
Overrated:
Dragonball and Naruto- Anybody i've ever met in reallife with an interest in anime likes these.
May 19, 2013 2:30 PM

Nov 2012
Overrated: Clannad, Cowboy bebop, TTGL, Gintama, Code geass and Mushishi.
Underrated: Magi madoka, higurashi no naku koro ni kai
May 19, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2013
Hentai Ouji no I don't remember the name and too lazy to search is overrated.
May 19, 2013 2:52 PM

Nov 2010
wow people starting to say currently airing shows are over/underrated -_-

and here i was thinking this topic wouldn't get any more idiotic... way to raise the roof guy's.
May 19, 2013 3:13 PM

Nov 2012
I like this thread. Now i can keep track of all the haters i don't have to take seriously.
May 19, 2013 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
DYRE said:
tsudecimo said:
What he said about Madoka and Cowboy bebop is right though.

Even if it is it makes no sense at all though.

He's saying Madoka is overrated because it is less commercially successful than something it wasn't competing with which is stupid and irrelevant on several levels. If he's going to say it's overrated, wouldn't it make more sense to point out what it did sell better than (which is to say, every single late-night anime that isn't Bakemonogatari)?

He said Cowboy Bebop is overrated because it is very good and wasn't commercially successful which is the exact opposite of what "overrated" means

I think he meant Cowboy Bebop is overrated because it's way popular in the west. His reasoning is weird though.
May 19, 2013 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
Koi to Senkyou to Chocolate is underrated and Fairy Tail is overrated.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 19, 2013 3:25 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Koi to Senkyou to Chocolate is underrated

Oh jeez this is like umpth time you posted this..
May 19, 2013 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
tsudecimo said:
NeoAnkara said:

Ofcourse I want to know why.
May 19, 2013 3:29 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
tsudecimo said:
NeoAnkara said:

Because it's generic and there is nothing special in it.
May 19, 2013 3:31 PM

Mar 2012
tsudecimo said:
NeoAnkara said:
tsudecimo said:
NeoAnkara said:

Well I don't root for her anyway so that's not it that make this special to me.
NeoAnkaraMay 19, 2013 3:44 PM
May 19, 2013 3:40 PM

Nov 2010
johnyjohny said:
I like this thread. Now i can keep track of all the haters i don't have to take seriously.

and who said our neighbours don't have a sence of humor hahaha :D
May 19, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2013
Shingeki no fucking kyojin is the most overrated piece of shit I've ever seen, along with Monster (utter BS) and Serial Experiments Lain (no plot, horrible pacing, childish main character).

Sword art online (Asuna, my waifu!!) and Clannad are absolutely underrated.. it makes me wonder why I still watch other anime when I can watch Clannad 24/7.
May 19, 2013 4:35 PM

Mar 2011
NeoAnkara said:
tsudecimo said:
NeoAnkara said:
tsudecimo said:
NeoAnkara said:

Well I don't root for her anyway so that's not it that make this special to me.

I didn't find it all that special either. I can see the charm in it though, so it isn't surprising that people enjoyed the show.
May 19, 2013 4:37 PM

Nov 2010
NeoAnkara said:
tsudecimo said:
NeoAnkara said:

The last 4 episodes were bad. It tried too hard.
May 19, 2013 4:39 PM

Mar 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
NeoAnkara said:
tsudecimo said:
NeoAnkara said:

The last 4 episodes were bad. It tried too hard.
Well I gotta to agree that it try too hard. Thought I like the moment in episode 10.
May 19, 2013 4:49 PM

Apr 2009
Leapling said:
Shingeki no fucking kyojin is the most overrated piece of shit I've ever seen, along with Monster (utter BS) and Serial Experiments Lain (no plot, horrible pacing, childish main character).

Sword art online (Asuna, my waifu!!) and Clannad are absolutely underrated.. it makes me wonder why I still watch other anime when I can watch Clannad 24/7.

Irony is fun, but should be used in moderation. I OD'd on that post.
May 19, 2013 5:29 PM

Oct 2009
Overrated: Elfen Lied, Gankutsuou, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Death Note, Naruto, Bleach...etc

Underrated: Kaiba, Kemonozume, Paranoia Agent, Juuni Kokuki
May 19, 2013 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
Leapling said:

SAO is underrated...
ಠ_ಠ What is this, I don't even...
May 19, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
Well with all the big action series going on this season like Titan and Gargantia, I think Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru is being overlooked by most viewers. It's a great show, and a nice change of pace from the exciting actioners.
May 19, 2013 10:18 PM

Feb 2010
Leapling said:

almost fell for it...
May 20, 2013 2:00 AM

Jun 2012
Shingeki no kyojin, Sword Art Online, Steins;Gate and Death Note are the most underrated Anime I've ever seen. Why no love for them?

Also, Guilty Crown is overrated sh*t.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2013 8:17 AM

Sep 2011
Shuraaa said:
Shingeki no kyojin, Sword Art Online, Steins;Gate and Death Note are the most underrated Anime I've ever seen. Why no love for them?

I sincerely hope that was a joke.
My most underrated would easily be Otome Youkai Zakuro. Most people don't even know the name, but it's fantasy romcom in all it's glory.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
If only you had justice on your side
May 23, 2013 11:04 AM

Nov 2012
Overrated:
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Good art was the only good thing i could think off, but maybe om just not a magical gril kind of person since it is the only Magi girl anime i watched)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai ( first season was waaaaay better)

Underrated: Trigun, Shiki and maybe also Baccano!
May 23, 2013 11:28 AM

Dec 2012
johnyjohny said:

Underrated: Trigun, Shiki and maybe also Baccano!

You do now that Trigun was (and in some circles, still is) one of the main contenders for best series ever, along with the likes of Cowboy Bebop? That definitely doesn't sound underrated...
May 23, 2013 11:38 AM

Nov 2012
DYRE said:
johnyjohny said:
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Good art was the only good thing i could think off, but maybe om just not a magical gril kind of person since it is the only Magi girl anime i watched)

It's a magical girl anime for people who don't actually like magical girl anime, so watching more probably wouldn't make you like it any more.
I think i will never get what is so good about this show
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 126 127 [128] 129 130 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows ( 1 2 )

Treatise - Sep 19

72 by lalabella »»
2 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

732 by Koustubh »»
8 minutes ago

» Would you sacrifice your favorite anime in exchange for that your waifu will become real?

Spunkert - 1 hour ago

13 by Zarutaku »»
13 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 26

98 by lalabella »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 9 hours ago

33 by Piromysl »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.