Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2013 5:16 AM

Sep 2012
I suppose it is kinda inevitable that there will be a second series, considering how popular it's been, but I was just unsure as all I've heard are rumours :)
Jan 8, 2013 11:44 AM

Dec 2012
Can finally mark this series Completed. I am sad that it ended though...

I think the SAO part was much better than the ALO part.

Asuna blue hair???
Jan 8, 2013 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
cloud2313 said:
Can finally mark this series Completed. I am sad that it ended though...

I think the SAO part was much better than the ALO part.

Asuna blue hair???
Yes.The Undine race that she chose has blue hair(at least most of them).
Jan 8, 2013 12:33 PM

Dec 2012
The only character I hated so much, that I wanted to punch her in the face and kill her was Suguha.. FUCK SHE'S SO ANNOYING, other than that, I think SAO deserves my 10, it's just the type of anime I would want to watch.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jan 8, 2013 4:56 PM

Jun 2008
^ Give SAO a 10 but hate Suguha to kill her? Use less exaggerated language pls. But yeah, she was pretty annoying.

But Suguha ended up pretty cool. She didn't get all psychotic. She just got angry and later respected her bro. I think that's pretty cool. She was pretty mature to handle her feelings after confronting her bro.

But man, the second arc was like a 3rd wheel experience. Kirito should've just said Asuna's name in the very beginning. >_>' Clear all this random drama. Second arc felt all sour with all this romantic tension going on.

Also, did not like Asuna to become the damsel in distress. And that Sugou guy, god, how can Suguha be hated on more when that dude almost attempted to rape Asuna in front of Kirito. What a despicable jerk. (And what a flat villain he was, too.)

Well other than that, the animation and sound was alright. The plot was pretty meh, romance was way too corny, but character development was actually decent. Other than the whole Suguha thing (no explanation why she even liked her bro but whatever).

7/10
TachiiJan 8, 2013 4:59 PM
Jan 8, 2013 5:06 PM

May 2012
Loved it. Hoping Gun Gale Online will come out soon !
Jan 8, 2013 9:38 PM
Jul 2008
I have to say that I marathoned this in two days and don't think I've ever been more upset with an anime by the end. It started out BRILLIANTLY. I would gladly watch the SAO arc over again, it was just so good. I mean, the rushing into marriage bit was odd, but I can ignore that because it wasn't that big of a deal. However, the ALO arc is basically unwatchable for me. It was painful the whole way through. If I could break it up, I'd give the first half an 8 or 9 and the second half a 3 or 4 (if that). I don't want another season if it's going to be as terrible as ALO.

Asuna rocked my socks in SAO. We need more female characters like her.
Jan 8, 2013 11:38 PM

Jan 2013
I liked how human they felt throughout most of the show. The melodrama really didn't kick in until ALO and the only time it was present in SAO was Yui I think. In ALO it was all over the place namely suguha.
Jan 9, 2013 3:48 AM

Apr 2009
layhas said:

TitanAnteus said:
I liked how human they felt throughout most of the show.

What? Strong females being reduced to petty damsels in distress because of the writer's shortcomings are great characters now?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 9, 2013 4:05 AM
Oct 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
layhas said:

TitanAnteus said:

What? Strong females being reduced to petty damsels in distress because of the writer's shortcomings are great characters now?
I think they meant the "perfect in every way otaku-bait that can cook and save the MC when he's on the verge of death and go tsundere and naked for him even if he didn't want to" part, because both didn't like how ALO turned her into a rape object and the incest/love triangle.
Jan 9, 2013 4:26 AM

Aug 2010
Countless people jump on the opportunity to play a game that is coded by the same person who is responsible for the death of thousands. Kawahara Reki truly is a great writer who knows the inner working of people. Anyway, the ending was okayish...2/5 it's over, that's all that matters.

As for the series...it had a promising setting with an online world, too bad it became the epitome of bad writing as an excuse for wish-fulfillment harem, horrible and flat characters, not to mention the awful interaction between said "characters". Giving it a 4/10 is generous...scratch that, AW at least had some interesting female characters. A final 3/10 as the score.
Jan 9, 2013 4:54 AM

Apr 2009
Candor said:
Nidhoeggr said:
layhas said:

TitanAnteus said:

I think they meant the "perfect in every way otaku-bait that can cook and save the MC when he's on the verge of death and go tsundere and naked for him even if he didn't want to" part, because both didn't like how ALO turned her into a rape object and the incest/love triangle.

Oh yeah, I forgot those were great character traits...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 9, 2013 8:56 AM

Jun 2008
This was a decidedly average show. It had some fun points (mostly in SAO), awful points ("I'm in love with my brother"), but mostly the episodes were just average and unfulfilling. 5/10 overall, really more like a 4.5 but I round up I suppose.

No interest in an S2 if it is made.
Jan 9, 2013 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
Mogami-kun said:
Countless people jump on the opportunity to play a game that is coded by the same person who is responsible for the death of thousands. Kawahara Reki truly is a great writer who knows the inner working of people. Anyway, the ending was okayish...2/5 it's over, that's all that matters.

The cause of the death by hardware (Nervegear) not the software (SAO). After the incident, they made a new gen console with 100% safe to play that is Amusphere.
Jan 9, 2013 12:39 PM

Oct 2009
Well, ALO ruined the series for me. The whole Sugu thing killed it. SAO was full of action and whatnot, that's why I watched it. Not for some badly done incest love triangle. S2 will probably just be as shitty or they'll ruin it.

Ugh, it had so much potential.
Jan 9, 2013 12:41 PM

Aug 2012
Aurorae said:
Well, ALO ruined the series for me. The whole Sugu thing killed it. SAO was full of action and whatnot, that's why I watched it. Not for some badly done incest love triangle. S2 will probably just be as shitty or they'll ruin it.

I did like the 'Sugu thing', but all the other stuff...disappointed me as well.

25episodes clearing the SAOs 100floors, or even half or 3/4 of it, and i would be happy; didn't enjoy the high pace of this anime.
Jan 9, 2013 2:31 PM

Jun 2008
SAO tried to please too many people. I was one of the guys who wanted to see action, not romance and rather silly drama at times (yes teens do behave like this but didn't mean I want to watch it). But the action I felt was mediocre, too. For those uninterested in the romance (which pretty much made up the plot device for the last arc), there will be disappointed faces.
Jan 9, 2013 2:47 PM

Jun 2009
squall2be said:
Mogami-kun said:

The cause of the death by hardware (Nervegear) not the software (SAO). After the incident, they made a new gen console with 100% safe to play that is Amusphere.

If I learn anything from episode 24 and 25...

It's that Amusphere is not 100% safe... I mean, look at Sugou's eyes... I swear that someone's ganna die even when using Amusphere.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2013 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
squall2be said:
Mogami-kun said:

It's that Amusphere is not 100% safe... I mean, look at Sugou's eyes... I swear that someone's ganna die even when using Amusphere.
Only if the pain limiter is set to 0.So unless someone is crazy enough to do it(Kirito,Sugou) then no, it is 100% safe.

Whats funny is that in the next arc Kirito and an agent form the SAO investigation team try to find out
ssjokgJan 9, 2013 3:01 PM
Jan 9, 2013 6:12 PM

Jun 2008
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
squall2be said:
Mogami-kun said:

Only if the pain limiter is set to 0.So unless someone is crazy enough to do it(Kirito,Sugou) then no, it is 100% safe.
Well, giving every server the potential to create VR, some server is bound to do this.

There would be some ethical board at least considering this possibility and at least worth a mention or something that maybe pain threshold by default can't be set that low or something.
TachiiJan 9, 2013 6:16 PM
Jan 9, 2013 8:30 PM

Aug 2009
Tachii said:
Well, giving every server the potential to create VR, some server is bound to do this.

There would be some ethical board at least considering this possibility and at least worth a mention or something that maybe pain threshold by default can't be set that low or something.
I dont remember them mentioning it EVER again.

While Kirito and Kikuoka (if you read my spoiler above you know what I mean)are making theories on how that could happen, they mention almost repeatedly how Amu would logs you out if it senses something wrong with the body(from the game or not)and Kirito logs in

In the next 2-4 arcs ,where they only games they play are GGO and ALO the pain limiter is never mentioned again as far as I remember.

Underworld arc is another story.
Jan 9, 2013 9:42 PM
Jan 2013
Aurorae said:

This, I loved the first arc of SAO, but ALO killed the anime for me.
Jan 11, 2013 4:27 AM

Apr 2012
-MgZ_ said:
It's the best ending I can wish from a very bad adaptation.

The ending is pretty decent. Although I was disappointed in Kirito vs Sugou real life fight the rest was OK. Oh yeah, one more thing, Suguha spinning with Kirito in the sky was LAME. They certainly danced in the novel but, what was that? Ballerina?

My thoughts exactly.
Jan 11, 2013 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
Sugu Kirito dance in the sky before the end made ending 10 times better.So i lowe this episode.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jan 11, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2010
WHAT ON EARTH WAS THAT ENDING.

All that Kirito & Suguha stuff... They didn't deepen the bond between _Asuna_ and Kirito!

And they're still playing some horrible games, because yeah, SAO was so much fun and they didn't get any traumas at all!!

4/10 and I'm being nice. Only first half would have been 6/10 or maybe even 7/10 if the pace had made sense.
Jan 11, 2013 10:18 PM

Feb 2010
I honestly have no idea why opinion's SAO are so damn divided. Some people think it's the second coming of Jesus while others see the artistic apocalypse. I think it's somewhere in the middle.
Jan 12, 2013 12:40 AM

Jan 2009
WHY THE SHIT WOULD YOU CONTINUE PLAYING AN MMO AFTER ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED!????

This series was boring, slow, awful fights, cheesy romance, terrible villians, plot holes, useless side characters, stupid incest/hentai motifs, and did I mention plot holes/inconsistencies?

nice animation tho

6/10
(might go down to 5, letting it settle in)

Jan 12, 2013 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
ColdBeans said:

Becouse there are some things that are more inportant than life.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jan 12, 2013 11:38 AM

May 2011
ColdBeans said:

Why do people smoke if they know the risks? Why do people take take drugs even they know the risks? And if you actually paid attention to the first half, the MMO doesn't kill them, it was the Nervgear. The AmuSphere is 100% safe.
Jan 13, 2013 2:53 PM
Jan 2013
Liked it.
Jan 13, 2013 3:08 PM

Jun 2009
RockerXD said:
ColdBeans said:

Why do people smoke if they know the risks? Why do people take take drugs even they know the risks? And if you actually paid attention to the first half, the MMO doesn't kill them, it was the Nervgear. The AmuSphere is 100% safe.

Look at Sugou's eye...

Tell me that is 100% safe.

Then again, Wii should come with a safety caution as well, keep seeing those "Wii stick slips out of hand and hit someone/TV" video everywhere.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2013 3:20 PM

May 2011
AirStyles said:
RockerXD said:
ColdBeans said:

Look at Sugou's eye...

Tell me that is 100% safe.

Then again, Wii should come with a safety caution as well, keep seeing those "Wii stick slips out of hand and hit someone/TV" video everywhere.

From the source, the eye was just
So it was exaggerated in the adaptation.

And in terms of safety, it does go into detail in Phantom Bullet on how the AmuSpehere works, like logging off the user if something is wrong with their bodies etc.
Jan 15, 2013 12:49 PM
Dec 2011
SO WAIT! They fight as hard as they can risking their lives to get out of the MMO's and then after everything everyone gets right back on to play again..? WTF SAO
Jan 15, 2013 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
yellowperil said:
Aurorae said:

This, I loved the first arc of SAO, but ALO killed the anime for me.

THIS^

That is everything that I was thinking and wanted to say. ALO was just pure shit with that whole incest thing. I mean WTF! Why would they ruin the potential for greatness this anime had.

SAO arc - 8

ALO arc - 2

Overall score for both arcs combined - 3

Lets hope S2 doesn't complete shit on everything (or whats left of it) it has going. See you guys for the discussions then :D.
Jan 16, 2013 4:32 AM
Nov 2009
It was an alright ending. But really, do they still want to finish that game?

I'm not gonna jump the bandwagon and give this a low rating. Even though I disliked the characters a lot.

It still had good music, plot and visuals. The only thing that makes it bad for me is the characters. Other than that I still enjoyed this even with all the clichés and other nonsense.

Will probably start reading the LN again. overall 8/10
Jan 16, 2013 6:29 AM

Jun 2009
miksteyp said:

I'm not gonna jump the bandwagon and give this a low rating. Even though I disliked the characters a lot.

It still had good music, plot and visuals. The only thing that makes it bad for me is the characters. Other than that I still enjoyed this even with all the clichés and other nonsense.

Wait... Visual and Music makes up 80% of your scoring while characters(The very backbone of a story) and plot combine to a mere 20% at best?

Interesting...
Jan 16, 2013 7:17 AM

May 2011
AirStyles said:
miksteyp said:

Wait... Visual and Music makes up 80% of your scoring while characters(The very backbone of a story) and plot combine to a mere 20% at best?

Interesting...

8 is average for the majority remember
Jan 16, 2013 12:06 PM

Jan 2010
I'm probably the only person that actually liked the second arc more than the first. Maybe just cause I like Leafa more than Asuna? I dunno, but the last few episodes were actually damn entertaining even if they were just as badly written as all the other episodes. 7/10
Jan 16, 2013 1:47 PM

Apr 2012
RockerXD said:
AirStyles said:
miksteyp said:

Interesting...

MAL community scale:
10=I loved it
9=Meh, it's okay
8=Average
7=Absolute shit
1-6 are not used
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 16, 2013 3:57 PM
Sep 2010
BloodRequiem said:
RockerXD said:
AirStyles said:
miksteyp said:

Interesting...

MAL community scale:
10=I loved it
9=Meh, it's okay
8=Average
7=Absolute shit
1-6 are not used

More detailed scale

10a = masterpiece
10b= very good
9a = quite good with some flaws
9b= entertaining but with significant issues
8a = lots of problems but the studio tried
8b= terrible! but nothing can be worse than "very good"!
Jan 16, 2013 5:15 PM

Jun 2009
fimbu1vetr said:
BloodRequiem said:
RockerXD said:
AirStyles said:
miksteyp said:

Interesting...

MAL community scale:
10=I loved it
9=Meh, it's okay
8=Average
7=Absolute shit
1-6 are not used

More detailed scale

10a = masterpiece
10b= very good

10 = I love it it's epic!
10 = I love it it's Great!
10 = I love it it's very good!
10 = It's shitty writing but I love it!
9 = I like it a lot, but not enough epic
9 = I like it a lot, but dislike some part
8 = I kinda like it.

7 = I don't like it very much
6 = I dislike it
5~1 = I hate it, depending on how much I hate it, I'll bring it's rating down more.

It seems more like this.
Jan 16, 2013 5:55 PM
Sep 2010
AirStyles said:
fimbu1vetr said:
BloodRequiem said:
RockerXD said:
AirStyles said:
miksteyp said:

Interesting...

MAL community scale:
10=I loved it
9=Meh, it's okay
8=Average
7=Absolute shit
1-6 are not used

More detailed scale

10a = masterpiece
10b= very good

8 = I kinda like it.

6 = I dislike it
5~1 = I hate it, depending on how much I hate it, I'll bring it's rating down more.

It seems more like this.

LOL nice.
Jan 18, 2013 3:24 PM
Jul 2012
Quick thoughts/review of SAO
Well it wasnt as good as the fanboy's were claiming nor as bad as some other people were claiming.
SAO story has too many plot holes, plot conveniences and too much stuff was never answered nor' explained... Its sad since they could have done MUCH MORE with a concept like that
Characters I dont know whether i hate the characters or story of SAO. None were develped and plot only focused and the massively IMPORTANT CHARACTER THAT IS KIRITO who was generic and deus ex machined all of the fight. Dont get me started about the fanservicy characters and the main villain of the 2nd half...
Music and Animation were really good actuatly, better than something this anime deserve's
Enjoyment despite the plot holes and meh characters when i turned of my mind i really enjoyed SAO though some plot holes kept my mind facepalming and i didnt hate the 2nd half as much as everyone else did prolly because i was expecting absolute shit, but it wasnt as bad as i imagined
Overrall for now ill give it an above average 6/10 (I may change it into a 5/10) it doesnt deserve this popular thats for sure, but its still enjoyable. I'd like to go into SAO more in an actual review, but that has been done WAY TOO MANY TIMES
Jan 19, 2013 5:34 AM

Aug 2011
wish i knew what kirito said there at the end, can't wait for Gun Gale Online :D
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Jan 19, 2013 7:22 PM
Mar 2012
AirStyles said:

8 = I kinda like it.

6 = I dislike it

It seems more like this.

in my case, I rarely give a 10. My scores are all around 9-7, below 6 means the anime made a really bad impression on me somehow. 10 means something truly remarkable.

So if you say...

9 = I love it it's Great!
9 = I love it it's very good!
8 = I like it a lot, but not enough epic
7 = I like it a lot, but dislike some part
7 = I kinda like it.
6 = I dislike it

I would have to agree that i fall on your scale
Jan 20, 2013 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
It's finally over. Thank goodness too because I was I was probably going to marathon everything until it was over. I just marathoned 7 episodes because I HAD to watch it. I was obsessed with this series and I haven't felt like that in a while. Well it was very enjoyable. Time to watch Accel World.

This series

Automatic 10 and it goes in my favorites.
Jan 20, 2013 3:54 AM

Jan 2012
i liked it. I was surprised on how much forum threads there were in this section. Other series deserves better attention.

Tentacle raep out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 20, 2013 2:25 PM
Feb 2010
I decided to re-watch the series without people fighting eachother week to week and Sword Art Online, with its problems, is an easy 8/10, 4/5, etc...
Jan 20, 2013 6:37 PM
Dec 2012
iCards said:
I decided to re-watch the series without people fighting eachother week to week and Sword Art Online, with its problems, is an easy 8/10, 4/5, etc...
i love how you gave Guilty Crown 10/10. Fantastic.

lol this is kinda funny though. Back when Haruhi was popular, my friends were saying how good it was and I just sat there thinking, "oh....really? What's the appeal?" I didn't really understand and I guess SAO is the same. Still, I wouldn't rate Haruhi in 5-6 range but maybe 7-8 unlike SAO. When I look at the merit of the show, I can definitely see why it would suck and why it wouldn't in some cases. I am leaning more towards why it sucks because they seem more justified.

I am a more of a Monster type of guy, who likes a good narrative with proper structure and nice build up to conclusion. Funny how i loved Eureka Seven more than I could ever love SAO. my favorite shonen of all time. greatest romance story ever told lol just kidding. still close enough :)

p.s. whattt Eureka Seven is rated lower than SAO
UmeharuJan 20, 2013 6:59 PM
Jan 21, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2009
Umeharu said:
iCards said:
i love how you gave Guilty Crown 10/10. Fantastic.

lol this is kinda funny though. Back when Haruhi was popular, my friends were saying how good it was and I just sat there thinking, "oh....really? What's the appeal?" I didn't really understand and I guess SAO is the same. Still, I wouldn't rate Haruhi in 5-6 range but maybe 7-8 unlike SAO. When I look at the merit of the show, I can definitely see why it would suck and why it wouldn't in some cases. I am leaning more towards why it sucks because they seem more justified.

I am a more of a Monster type of guy, who likes a good narrative with proper structure and nice build up to conclusion. Funny how i loved Eureka Seven more than I could ever love SAO. my favorite shonen of all time. greatest romance story ever told lol just kidding. still close enough :)

p.s. whattt Eureka Seven is rated lower than SAO

It's older, that's why.
When it came out plays a LARGE part of how well it is rated on MAL.

Legend of the Galactic Heros is one of the few exceptions, exceeding even though it's old. Perhaps because it's old, really.

===

Not sure what to think of the show.
I enjoyed it a lot.
I enjoyed the music.
I enjoyed the art, and felt the animation was very good.
The plot was good. Nothing to serious. Nor did it ever pretend to be more then it was trying to be.
Pages (29) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Happy birthday Asuna!

TASM18 - Sep 30

34 by hazecloud »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 25

76 by FilipPaul »»
Oct 2, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1272 by Boopry »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

746 by Boopry »»
Oct 1, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2012

778 by Boopry »»
Oct 1, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.