Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 6, 2008 4:30 AM

Sep 2008
Chavez said:
Asako said:
Major_G said:

CORRECTION: It's Naruto AND Bleach.

Same shit, different bucket.

^ Fixed.

I really don't see the hate for DBZ while Naruto and Bleach is loved that much. They're all very similar.
Same thing with Nightwish and Within Temptation, every-one just hates them because it's popular, but they still suck and so does a lot of stuff that isn't popular.

Naturo and Bleach suck as much. I remain and my stance that Dead Fantasy is king of awesome fight scenes. For fucks sake, half a year for every 15 minute episode because the animation is that slick.
Perelman, martyr
Oct 6, 2008 4:52 AM

May 2008
Compaqmac321 said:
i saw the trailer
its going to be
TERRIBLE

Need to be a lot better to be terrible x_X
Oct 6, 2008 4:55 AM

Aug 2008
There was really only 2 ways that movie can go..Either hollywood would have to spend a shit ton of money making it good or they would get a buncha actors no one knows, that kind of look asian, make some glowing balls with stars in them, then film the longest pile of shit ever. And they went with the latter of the two
Oct 6, 2008 7:53 AM

Sep 2008
Looks like a crappy remake. Nobody looks the same. Everythign looks differnt and the fighting styles along with the landscape and everything is differnt. I might check it out online when its in theaters buts its deffinitly not something Id pay to see.
Oct 11, 2008 6:56 PM

Sep 2008
I dont know if anyone already post it(the search dont work it).

Director:James Wong

Writers (WGA):Ben Ramsey (screenplay)
Akira Toriyama (novel)

Release Date:10 April 2009 (USA) more

Genre:Action | Adventure | Fantasy | Sci-Fi | Thriller more

Plot:The story begins with a young humanoid boy named Goku, who discovers that he was sent to Earth to blend in and destroy our population but instead elects to protect it from an oncoming alien onslaught bent on dominating the universe and controlling the mystical objects. He seeks out upon his adoptive grandfather Grandpa Gohanʼs dying request to find the great Master Roshi and gather all seven Dragon Balls. Of which he has one, in order to prevent the evil Lord Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to use the Dragon Balls to take over the world. And Gokuʼs quest is to obtain the mystical Dragonballs before Piccolo does

Plot Keywords:Based On Manga

Jamie Chung as Chi-Chi

Bulma and Goku

AnotherDayOct 20, 2008 12:16 PM
Oct 11, 2008 6:59 PM

Mar 2007
Oct 11, 2008 7:16 PM

Jul 2008
this is not going to end well
Oct 12, 2008 12:19 PM

Oct 2008
it looks retarded
Oct 12, 2008 12:25 PM

Oct 2008
I'll watch it because that one girl looks kinda hot
Oct 12, 2008 1:17 PM

Sep 2007
I want to know what Toriyama thinks of this.

I also checked the wiki page and I find that the producer is Stephen Chow (Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu hustle) so it's going to have some cool action to it (hopefully) but it states that he's a fan of the series. I wonder what would of it been like if he actually directed it...

Oh and on the wiki page it seems creatures and talking animals are not in the movie. =/
Oct 13, 2008 1:34 PM

Oct 2008
Looks Like an Uwe Boll movie >.>
So sad. Omfg @&#&@ like the Street Fighter with Jean-Claude Van Damme.
But there, the character a bit close to the ingame looking.
Goku looks like a hobbit and Piccolo like vampire from Blade 2 lol :/

And no any mountain or a planet destroyed + where is the Kamehame?! :D
Oct 14, 2008 6:49 AM

Aug 2008
I saw it and was like, why is Piccolo pasty white? Then watched more, WHY CAN BULMA fight! And why is Yun-Fat Chow playing a pervert? Martial Arts looks good though but the story seems to be so far twisted that I doubt it makes a good show for actual fans. But most of all where is Krillin? O.o
Oct 14, 2008 6:56 AM

Sep 2008
Just didnt look like DBZ to me, Sure they took the name and some character names but other than that nothing looks alike.
Oct 14, 2008 9:41 AM

Jul 2008
I've checked the animenewsnetwork and they announce the Dragon Ball live action will be aired on 2009 >.<
It's horrible .. I don't know will I get to see it for sure, I was expecting more but the cover & trailer ruined my expectations and imaginations.
Oct 14, 2008 9:45 AM

Sep 2008
Rpgwiz99 said:
Just didnt look like DBZ to me, Sure they took the name and some character names but other than that nothing looks alike.
You're saying anime doesn't look realistic? Fascinating perspective granted upon my life you have indeed dear man.

A big brain like you probably also knows if Japanese words can rhyme.
nihlniisadxhaiOct 14, 2008 9:58 AM
Perelman, martyr
Oct 14, 2008 12:59 PM

Oct 2008
I will watch any way.
But i don't pay for this, i will watch in tv, 2-3 year's later XD
Oct 14, 2008 1:27 PM

Sep 2008
khorven said:
Rpgwiz99 said:
You're saying anime doesn't look realistic? Fascinating perspective granted upon my life you have indeed dear man.

A big brain like you probably also knows if Japanese words can rhyme.

No need to get cocky, I was just saying besides names this looks nor seems nothing like DBZ, it seems as though they ripped the name and thats about it. Just as I would expect from you, starting shit out of the blue so you can get the attention that you were never given as a child.
Oct 14, 2008 1:37 PM

Aug 2008
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/faq said:

Is Piccolo going to be green?
Yes, he will only be the white-ish color during the beginning, after a bit he WILL be green. The reason for this is because Piccolo has lost his color due to his lack of sunlight by been imprisoned for 2000 years . Also earlier reports from James Marsters says that Piccolo will be green.

Rumor has it that when he wishes for youth he will regain his youthful green color.

lol.
Oct 14, 2008 1:48 PM

Oct 2008
Anyway if no any mountain will be destroyed, that's not the DragonBall.... ^^
+ Goku is very strong after grown up, but this guy is fight like Justin Timberlake :D
Oct 14, 2008 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
A few more..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/faq said:

Will Krillin appear in the movie?
Unofficial sources claims that Krillin makes a cameo, killing one of Piccolos demons (aka, the Fullum Assassins)
Will the action scenes be like the anime? With super speeds,flying, and blasts?
Yes, the movie will have blasts, flying, and most likely super speeds. Thanks to recent interviews where Justin Chatwin and James Marsters have confirmed that there will be lots of flying and even the infamous kamehameha.
Will Goku have a tail?
No.

Will it suck? most definitely, and I can't wait to see it! KAAAAMEEEHAAAAAAAMEEEHAAAAAA
Oct 20, 2008 12:16 PM

Sep 2008
TRAILER 1 Live - CLICK

Oct 20, 2008 12:44 PM

Jun 2008
Rpgwiz99 said:

Thats because its not DBZ, its DB.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Oct 20, 2008 1:48 PM

Aug 2008
Ontario said:
Rpgwiz99 said:

Well then its way off if its based off of DB where the hell is his nimbus cloud and his freakin staff, and why is he not a kid?

either way, it looks nothing like any of the anime's and it more than likely wont follow the story at all, except they have to get the dragonballs, I am guessing that will be the only tie in to the anime, with the names and mayb a Kamehameha thrown in every once in awhile.

and khorvan, no need to be a dick
Oct 20, 2008 2:06 PM

Oct 2008
o.O

Anyway looks like an Uwe Boll adaptation XD
Oct 20, 2008 2:10 PM

Sep 2008
I might check on it but nothing I will ever go out of my way or pay to see.
Oct 20, 2008 2:20 PM

Feb 2005
Vegeta, what does the scouter say about it's power level?

It's...It's WAY UNDER 9000!

The trailer made me sad.
And really, when they can't even make Max Payne right, how could we ever hope they'd pull off this?
Oct 20, 2008 2:30 PM

Apr 2008
NO NO NO NO NOOOO
WTF, IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE DRAGON BALL AT ALL.
:/
Oct 20, 2008 2:34 PM

Apr 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:(
Oct 20, 2008 2:37 PM

Apr 2008
What the hell.
Oct 20, 2008 2:38 PM

Oct 2008
I think it looks like complete crap. And I did not even see the trailer. I saw pictures of the so called characters of it and they just disgusted me. This has ruined DBZ if any kids see if before the anime. Dear goodness. >.<
Oct 20, 2008 2:41 PM

Sep 2008
tefol said:
NO NO NO NO NOOOO
WTF, IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE DRAGON BALL AT ALL.
:/

Yea, its a huge bummer
Oct 20, 2008 2:44 PM

Aug 2008
Plate said:
What the hell.

lol that seems to be the reaction of most of us >_<
Oct 20, 2008 3:01 PM

Aug 2007
I'M IN DESPAIR!!

Oct 20, 2008 3:07 PM

Jun 2008
Razma said:
Ontario said:
Rpgwiz99 said:

Well then its way off if its based off of DB where the hell is his nimbus cloud and his freakin staff, and why is he not a kid?

either way, it looks nothing like any of the anime's and it more than likely wont follow the story at all, except they have to get the dragonballs, I am guessing that will be the only tie in to the anime, with the names and mayb a Kamehameha thrown in every once in awhile.

L2 watch the end of dragonball.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Oct 20, 2008 3:14 PM

Oct 2008
Razma said:
Plate said:
What the hell.

lol that seems to be the reaction of most of us >_<

That's for sure, if they didn't then there is something wrong with those people...
Oct 20, 2008 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
Compaqmac321 said:
i saw the trailer
its going to be
TERRIBLE

Plate said:
What the hell.

dito ... absolutely & fully
Oct 20, 2008 3:18 PM

Sep 2007
Plate said:
What the hell.

Pretty much.
--
I wonder how our other anime adapted movies are doing now. :(
Oct 20, 2008 3:21 PM

Oct 2008
Kuronoa said:
Plate said:
What the hell.

Pretty much.
--

I'd guess horribly. < w <
Oct 20, 2008 3:22 PM

Feb 2005
Kuronoa said:
Plate said:
What the hell.

Pretty much.
--

Do you REALLY want to know?
I guess that means bad news for dear Alita as well D:
Oct 20, 2008 3:34 PM

Aug 2008
Ontario said:
Razma said:
Ontario said:
Rpgwiz99 said:

Lol, watched it >_< and the movie still looks nothing like the anime, so nice try lil one
Oct 20, 2008 3:59 PM

Sep 2007
Baman said:

Do you REALLY want to know?
I guess that means bad news for dear Alita as well D:

Let's see our movie adaptations with the supposed director/producer/writers (used wikipedia for source):

Akira (Ruairi Robinson, Gary Whitta, Andrew Lazar, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Davisson)
Battle Angel Alita (James Cameron)
Blood the Last Vampire (Chris Nahon, Ronny Yu)
Cowboy Bebop (Erwin Stoff) *lol Keanu Reeves
Gatchaman (Paul Dini)
Ghost in the shell (Steven Spielberg, Avi Arad, Steven Paul, Jamie Moss)

Not sure what others are being done.
Oct 20, 2008 4:15 PM

Jun 2008
Razma said:
Ontario said:
Razma said:
Ontario said:
Rpgwiz99 said:

Lol, watched it >_< and the movie still looks nothing like the anime, so nice try lil one

I'm not that little. Don't think just because your older it means that your bigger and badder than everyone younger than you.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Oct 20, 2008 4:37 PM

Aug 2008
Ontario said:
Razma said:
Ontario said:
Razma said:
Ontario said:
Rpgwiz99 said:

I'm not that little. Don't think just because your older it means that your bigger and badder than everyone younger than you.

lol dont take offense to that, I call 50 yr old guys i work with lil one's
Oct 20, 2008 4:38 PM

Jun 2008
Razma said:
Ontario said:
Razma said:
Ontario said:
Razma said:
Ontario said:
Rpgwiz99 said:

lol dont take offense to that, I call 50 yr old guys i work with lil one's

I hate when people call me little.

Bugs me. =/
(づ°‿°.)づ
Oct 20, 2008 4:40 PM

Aug 2008
haha ok I will rephrase it, how about, lil big guy?
Oct 20, 2008 4:41 PM

Jun 2008
Razma said:

Fixed.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Oct 20, 2008 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
Ontario said:
Razma said:

Fixed.

^_^, can we say spam?
Oct 20, 2008 4:58 PM

Jun 2008
Yes.

More post count ftw.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Oct 20, 2008 5:57 PM

Aug 2007
Everybody knows it will fail. I have yet to see one person actually defend it.
Oct 20, 2008 6:12 PM

Jul 2008
Kuronoa said:

Ghost in the shell (Steven Spielberg, Avi Arad, Steven Paul, Jamie Moss)

Steven Spielberg? A live-action anime movie? GHOST IN THE SHELL? Oh shi--

...But yeah. The movie's gonna suck, and I'm probably gonna buy my brother and I tickets to see it just for the lulz.
EmbahJan 28, 2009 1:22 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.