Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2008 7:08 PM

Feb 2008
Zerosbakainu said:
did corneli finally die? i mean, what kind of brother kills their own sister?

lol....Lulu comes to mind ^^

Echelon said:
Sayoko x Orange. Needs to happen.

omg, how have I not realized this!?

My thoughts:
IncognitoOtakuSep 14, 2008 7:13 PM
Sep 14, 2008 7:34 PM

Feb 2008
olliff said:
Echelon said:
I think Kallen is worse than the Black Knights at this moment. Wasn't she questioning the side she was on an episode or two ago? After she heard Lelouch whisper for her to stay alive. Then this episode she's "I've got to kill Lelouch!"

lol, inconsistent Geass characters.

Although there many inconsistencies in this show, I do not believe that this is one of them. Kallen is merely taking Lelouch's rejection very poorly. Her character type, tsundere, is also notorious for change their moods quickly from affection to hatred. However, I never expected Lelouch to be with Kallen or anyone else for that matter. Perhaps, she never noticed that Lelouch dresses in drag half the time and that he now wields a pink sword. On a side the ED is right, solitude is his only ally. =P

That aside, Kallen has also always been a one dimensional character. She often blindly follows others with unquestioning obedience and she isn't exactly the sharpest gal around. Fortunately, she is able to make up for that in other areas. I believe that this action while a plot twist fits with her personality quite well. Tsundere does what tsundere is told to do.

Touche', I guess those are excellent points. And either way I always figured CC x Lelouch would happen over him and Kallen getting together, but like you said Lelouch will probably never truly love anyone romantically.
Sep 14, 2008 7:35 PM

Apr 2007
I'm Schneizel, motherfucker. Quick snap of my fingers, gun from the wall, and my bitch sister takes a terrible fall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2008 7:45 PM

Jul 2008
Crazy good episode. Schniezel made me like him as a villain, he is now one of the better villains that I have seen. "A battle between masterminds is decided in an instant." What an epic line for an epic felt kind of battle. There was a lot thrown to us in this episode too, Nunally being deceived, she needs to take her own path, which I think she's beginning to do.

Suzaku's been get kind of cooler lately, although he's still a hypocritical, self-justice driven asshole. I could care less about C.C. and Lelouch; I've been waiting for Kallen to see Lelouch again. And wtf was that hotdog that Nina was eating?
Sep 14, 2008 7:47 PM

Aug 2008
a cookie to those who can tell me how many people died in this episode. sad D:
man all of them are like pawns.
lol pretty epic to see lelouch destroying the emporer he created(black knight)
and if they have the technology to devlope all theose mechas and FELIAS then shouldnt they be able to create self piloted knight frames so lives wouldnt be wasted?
:D
lol
Sep 14, 2008 7:58 PM

Dec 2007
Fai said:
Is schnit insane? O_o'
What new secrets will they pull out next?

--To answer your question, I will respond with a simple FUCK YES. D:
Seriously, Schneizel, what the hell are you thinking? Is everybody in the royal family THAT fucked up? o_o
--Ohgi does just need to drop dead now. I want to do a happy dance since Viletta's preggers and all, but I can't stand it since it's Ohgi's bastard child.
--Kallen disappoints me. D: I was really hoping she would have a "omgerz, i love lelouch" moment and fight with him, but whatever. D:
--And I also have a feeling that Lulu-sama is going to be screwed, considering he's putting most of his trust on Nina...
--CC x Lulu makes me cry. ;o;

phammo said:
GinoXKallen? if this is where it's heading, then they should both die a horrible death

Excuse me while I go hang myself now. :]
I completely agree with you though. Their little, "hey you're on my side now" talk was making me sick...
curiouslychloeSep 14, 2008 8:01 PM
Sep 14, 2008 8:02 PM

Aug 2008
Ohgi should live so he will realize he was an idiot and chose the wrong side. Then he should die.

C.C.'s smile is suspicious. Does she have something planned?
My thoughts.

I want a C.C. x Lulu happy ending; with Lulu remaining as the emperor of Britannia. I think there's only 4 member of the royal family remaining: Lulu, Nunnally, Schneizel, and Odysseus (if he's alive). Schneizel will die against Lulu, and Nunnally and Odysseus are idiots and really gullible and will be horrible choices to take over the throne.
Sep 14, 2008 8:10 PM

Aug 2008
sikkkke said:
a cookie to those who can tell me how many people died in this episode. sad D:
man all of them are like pawns.
lol pretty epic to see lelouch destroying the emporer he created(black knight)
and if they have the technology to devlope all theose mechas and FELIAS then shouldnt they be able to create self piloted knight frames so lives wouldnt be wasted?
:D

Human pilots are more fun to watch.
Self Pilot / AI Knightmare Frames = Machine Takeover / iRobot
Romote control Knightmare frames over AI Knightmare frames.
Sep 14, 2008 8:30 PM

May 2008
At least we finally learned why Lulu was allowed to take the throne without challenge....
Sep 14, 2008 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
Just curious, who would be surprised if Lelouch ended up with Suzaku? It would be a plot twist, but would it really be that much of a stretch? Lelouch's latest outfit speaks for itself. Then again, Lelocuh has never really seemed like the romantic type.

Sep 14, 2008 9:02 PM

Jun 2007
My thoughts on this episode where pretty similar to everyone else's. This episode was meant more as a clarification episode then anything else. Most of it was just making it clear who was bad, who was on who's side, who was still alive...etc. Not saying thats bad, just wasn't something that interesting.

Some things we know now.
1) Schneizel wants to rule the world by causing chaos and forcing people to side with him out of fear of being bombed.
2) Nunnaly cant tell who's lying to her without touching their hand un-gloved (ie. She cant tell that the bomb really killed a lot of people even though she was holding her brothers hand).
3) Ougi got Villetta preggos.
4) Kallen has turned into the new Suzaku for the moment.
5) Suzaku is still an ass for pushing Lulu into killing his sister.
6) Nina is trying to make up for her past mistakes.
7) Lulu is attempting to make the world his enemy in the hopes that they will unite (ala Gundam 00).

What I see happening in the future. Orange using his Geass on Nunnaly to release her from the spell her parents put on her that prevents her from seeing.

SIDE NOTE: why is everyone all flip floppy about this series now? all the people that where raving about it are saying its a run away train. Personally I think its been the same great show from start to now.
DeathfireDSep 14, 2008 9:10 PM
Sep 14, 2008 9:06 PM

Aug 2008
The Britannian royal family is completely insane, though that has been obvious for a while now.

I love Lelouch's "Let's make them waste all their ammunition"-plan, for dealing with Schneizel's FLEYIA warheads.

Nuclear fallout anyone?

The battle was entertaining. Lots of action,troops being sacrificed, grunts being slaughtered, and huge explosions. The whole troop formation screen seemed reminiscent of the early ground battles of season 1 (I liked those :D ). Though it was lacked any mayor 1-on-1 battles between ace pilots, I suspect well get those in the next episode.

The whole plot seems to now revolve around a chess match between Lelouch and Schneizel, with every other character as pawns on either side. Well, at least it's entertaining.
Sep 14, 2008 9:12 PM

Jun 2008
kashim said:
Shneizel with his 'eradicate countries waging wars' reminds me of Gundam 00.

Haha, maybe Schneizel is actually a member of Celestial Being XD or he used to be, and then just wanted to take over the world. Of course, most meccha shows end with "must stop villain from taking over the world/destroying the world/kill all humanity because he's twisted" thing, and CG is no exception I see.

Cornelia nuuuuu!!!! You were the only sensible one left of the messed-up royal family... why?!?! ;___; and she didn't even get to kick Lelouch's ass for Euphie and Guilford.. grrrr

lol@screencaps of that scene though, it looks like she should've been shot from the side, but the shots look like they're from the back..

I kinda hope she's not dead though, 'cause that's just such a bad death scene for her.. if she's gonna die, she should die fighting someone, not shot in the back DX

-----

I don't really understand Nunnally's thought process.... I used to like her, but now I think she's just as messed up as her brothers DX does she really think that a weapon capable of decimating a huuuuge area isn't bad?! ...

-----

LOL@Lelouch standing there with that ugly sword making his speech. I have a mental picture of a strong wind blowing, and Lelouch falls off and plummets to his death before the battle even begins XD

Hmm... Gino is fighting with the knights and Kallen... possible couple? XD Their hairstyles are similar. I sense a Gino vs Suzu scene where they're fighting and angsting and arguing XD

Letsee, I think Ohgi is deathflaged, (when did he get Villetta pregnant??! O__o ) he may have survived the fall, but something else is gonna kill him. I'm thinking most if not all, the major Black Knights are deathflaged. Kallen... not sure. She might die protecting Lelouch or something. Xingke is gonna die. I'm actually kinda surprised he's still alive at this point (not that I don't like him)..

---

About the music montage, not that I don't like the song or anything, but it seems like they ran out of script? XD

DX @ pink Haxalot.. I think it's CC who's gonna pilot it. it sooo clashes with her hair XD

---

haha, Lelouch has to depend on Nina now... me wonders why she's even cooperating with him.. she tried to kill him that time... oh wait, does she know what Lelouch is Zero? I can't remember

olliff said:
Just curious, who would be surprised if Lelouch ended up with Suzaku?

Lol, not anymore, after the preview where Lelouch says "Suzaku and I, there's nothing we cannot accomplish when we join hands" XDDD
MapleRoseSep 14, 2008 9:18 PM
Sep 14, 2008 9:44 PM

Dec 2007
kashim said:
So, Nunnaly is only a tool, not intelligent to say the least..boring :P Shneizel with his 'eradicate countries waging wars' reminds me of Gundam 00. Sunrise, get some new ideas, ok?

hahahaha...
.. Airwalk
Sep 14, 2008 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
the whole kallen/gino thing felt really awkward and forced. considering she couldn't stand him before and wouldn't join him, now he wants to join her and it's all ok? Xing Ke probably dies next episode, he sure was a let down, supposed to be as strong as Suzaku and smart as Schneizel. noone realizes that Schneizel is doing way more wrong than Lelouch here? it' s just dumb how the black knights were looking for reasons to betray Zero but they blindly follow Schneizel.
Sep 14, 2008 11:02 PM

Jun 2007
Stomachbutterfly said:
Okay so- last episode, Lelouch turned everyone against him, I'm still not sure why he did that. I can't help but wondering what his intentions are anymore. If Lelouch wanted to battle with Schneizel, why did he have to turn everyone else against him first?

Code Geass just feels out there to me, the characters seem hard to figure out imo. Maybe it will all be cleared up in the end though. For instance, I thought Lelouch would be more torn about Nunally- and try to get her back- since she was his whole purpose before. Maybe Suzaku's speech got to him thou lol.

But- even though the Kallen/Gino thing was awkward, Gino not being with the Britannian's made me smile. Even though right now it doesn't matter, since Japan is free and right now the BK are working with Britannia... but hey XD!

I think his goal was to make everyone hate him enough to form alliances and ultimately unite the world (similar to what Gundam 00 did). So in the end it would be him vs the world which would result in world peace once he lost or died and Brit was taken over. Unfortunately Schneizel's making it harder by making positron bombs and blowing everyone up.
Sep 14, 2008 11:41 PM
Jun 2008
This episode pissed me off in every way. We need a MAJOR character to die.
I thought Ohgi was dead....damnit.

So, apparently Viletta got Juno'd.

Kallen and Lelouch-obssessed guy who's name I forgot are heading towards Lelouch.

Schneizel's a complete @##.

Nunally would've been better off dead.

Sayoko makes a triumphant comeback. I have a bad feeling about her, though.

Orange-Kun!

Cornelia's dead. T_T Noooooo.

Why did Anya and Gino join with Schneizel? XP

Nina eating a hot-dog = odd fan service. She went from one of the most annoying characters to a little likable.
Sep 14, 2008 11:42 PM

Apr 2007
tidusora said:

If CC dies in 24, I am blaming you. And I am the one who's going to be pissed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2008 11:47 PM

Jul 2007
Neverender said:
tidusora said:

If CC dies in 24, I am blaming you. And I am the one who's going to be pissed.

actually if anyone in lulus imaginary harem dies, i'll blame him. i'd rather one of those weakass bishounens get the ax. maybe gino or say li xingke. or maybe even ohgi. yup. ohgi would be a really good target. mmmm
Sep 15, 2008 12:01 AM

Sep 2007
mystik said:
Xing Ke probably dies next episode, he sure was a let down, supposed to be as strong as Suzaku and smart as Schneizel.

I agree, he sucked. I've been wanting him dead for a while, as he rightfully should be considering his illness. He'll probably die trying to rescue Tian'zi or something cliche like that.

Crazy rage @ Cornelia getting shot . She better not be dead. It's pretty clear that she got by the side by the way, the artists just chose the wrong angle for the scene. I'm not really too sure why you guys are baffled over it. Schneizel would have caught a few bullets in the face if Cornelia got shot in the back, as they were almost directly across from each other. If you watch the scene again a little slower you can see where the first bullet lands; it was done properly.
SyanaideSep 15, 2008 12:06 AM

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Sep 15, 2008 12:29 AM
Jul 2008
mystik said:
Xing Ke probably dies next episode, he sure was a let down, supposed to be as strong as Suzaku and smart as Schneizel.

He's too hooked up about what's-her-name, that's why he's a let-down. If what's-her-name were to die, then I reckon we'd see some serious ass-kicking from Xing-Ke's side. ;)

- I'm a bit surprised at Lelouch's reaction at finding out Nunnally's still alive...then again, he is an unpredicatble character, so maybe not so surprising after all.

- I pity Nunnally for wanting to share her brother's burden by detonating FLEIA. People have done nothing but use and deceive her since the beginning. I wouldn't mind seeing a more selfish, less defenseless side of this character, although given her physical disabilities, that's not very likely to happen, is it...

- Ohgi will probably die in next ep, and Viletta is pregnant with his child...*SNIFF*

- Kallen has been growing on me lately, so I'd hate to see her die while fighting Lelouch, although that is likely the fate she is facing.

Last but not least: WHAT IS UP WITH NINA'S HOT DOG?? It looks like it's been festering in the trash since Euphy's massacre or something. If I ever feel the need to diet, I will print mega-size posters of it and put them all over my room (and my fridge)....should stop me from eating for an entire month. >_<
Sep 15, 2008 1:44 AM

Jan 2008
i've read all the comments and i think that there might be another season (well i really want another and it took a couple of hours to get through seven pages and another two to write all this crap.....XD).

first, there are too many things going on that need to be explained and i don't think two episodes are enough......

# the battle between Schneizel & Lelouch
# the 'promise' between Lelouch & Suzaku
# that weird place where Lelouch & Charles spoke to the 'consciousness' (all dead people right? i would think that it would come into more play than what few eps it did and what the hell is it anyway? a dimension that can only be accessed by Geass users? see more questions that begot questions!)
# C.C. still has more secrets (can't you tell, there is something she has still kept from everyone - i can -feel- it ^^)
# Lelouch x C.C. or Lelouch x Kallen (i still miss Shirley like hell thou)
# and g*d damn are they going to explain the Geass and what the hell it is!?

i think that Lelouch's Geass will have to come into play at some point. i mean the show is Code GEASS. and i have an irking feeling that Schneizel might have something else up his sleeve. maybe a geass? or something else? don'tcha think that he is reflecting Charles to an extent? and i think C.C. will play a key hand in the upcoming eps. what is her power and what do the 'masters' have besides immortality? also, how did Sayoko get with the diplomats in the beginning of the ep?

i don't think Cornelia is dead. that seemed too convenient in my opinion. i have a feeling that if she's still alive, she will side with Lelouch and reveal Schneizel's plans.

i'd like to think Nunnally is smarter than that. i like the thought that Orange will undo the Geass on her and she will regain her eyes and legs. it seems like a CG twist. but i can't see why Nunnally wouldn't understand Lelouch's actions. after what she has been through (theortically) he only wants to shield her from the harsh reality that their world has become. (maybe even more so now that he knows that their parents abandoned them to try to accomplish some damn foolish world with the Geass.) seems understandable and of course she would be upset to but to use FLEIA? too dramatic, rash, and idiotic of her. even with considering the 'evac' of Pendragon, they don't have the time to do that here. so she would be willing killing hundreds or thousands. that doesn't seem like a Nunnally move. i think there was a good twist. Lelouch was able to hold his 'mask' before Nunnally, as C.C. stated and applauded - lying his ass to her was probably the hardest thing for him. she really needs to know what the world is really like. poor Lulu. he started this whole thing for her and now she sides with Schneizel without even asking Lulu what happened and what was going on? isn't there sibling trust between them?

just a quick question, how did Schneizel know about Lelouch and Nunnally being alive? Schneizel also said something about reverting Aya back to the way she was before, giving her memories back or something. so isn't that a hint that there is something else behind the scenes that has yet to be revealed? *whisper*Code Geass?*whisper*

someone made a comment about the Black Knights siding with Schneizel even after he blew up Pendragon i think they were probably told the same thing that was told to Nunnally. didn't Li Xingke say something that proved that ignorance when the Prince spoke of blowing up the United Nations' diplomats?

seems like there will be more to Kaguya & Tianzi's situation. i don't feel like they will die, i think that they might come to understand what Lelouch is doing. i want Kaguya to have more faith in Lelouch than Kallen. it seemed that Corneila was the only other one besides his sidekick (can't remember his name) to know what was really happening and what Schneizel was really planning, and when she opposed he shot her.

and wasn't Pendragon the Chinese Imperial City?

i don't get why people want Ohgi dead. i can understand his feelings because he did believe in "Zero" but it's still 50/50 in my eyes as to whether he will meet his end or not. i don't want him to die and leave Villetta and their unborn child. i was surprised that she was pregnant and i don't see them killing him off. of course, i didn't see them killing Shirley as well. (yea, still fuming over that one. damn i really wanted her to live. she would have been Lelouch's stable point. and god does he need one now.)

when you compare the death tolls of Lelouch to Schneizel, Lelouch wins because he doesn't want the massacre that Schneizel does; he just wants the world to be united in a happy peace whereas Schneizel wants a fearful peace.

and is it just me? because i love this show.....thou maybe i put too much analysis into.

TuXeyM11 said:
2.)What the FCK is Damocles?
in lamens terms, it's a Greek legend where Damocles was a courtier that switch places to his lord for one day to enjoy the fruits of wealth. at the end of the banquet he noticed a sword hanging above his head and immediately asked to leave. in the end, Damocles returned to his poor but safe life. it's a mirror of Lelouch to an extent and the path he has chosen for himself. though i don't see Lulu returning to anything or anytime but rather dying. it makes me sad.

since the next ep is "Sky of Damocles" i can see some similarities coming out that might follow the saying "judge no one happy until his life is over" or walk in my shoes, so the roles might be reversed. and the previews may have supported that theory seeing as how Kallen and Lelouch 'meet' up but hell what do i know. thou that Rome Visualized class i took in college sure helped my insight on this episode. XD yay higher education.

Sep 15, 2008 1:55 AM
May 2008
code geass is shame of japanese animation.
Sep 15, 2008 2:18 AM

Sep 2008
it was a good epidode,
they only need to improve the fact that those soldiers coontroled by geass are too weak only susaku and jeremias are useful, but will C.C. figth in that pink lancelot?

even so i think he should put on the mask once again to end the series, but problably he`ll die

its a shame since its my favorite character ever.......
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 15, 2008 2:19 AM

Sep 2008
gyopi said:
code geass is shame of japanese animation.
do you really think that? its made by the famous clamp so its like denying sakura an X
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 15, 2008 2:56 AM
May 2008
CLAMP's code geass character design

http://ime.nu/www10.atwiki.jp/antig/pages/134.html

but....http://ime.nu/www10.atwiki.jp/antig/?plugin=ref&serial=60

poor clamp, they are not related to the work at all.

Sep 15, 2008 3:14 AM

Apr 2008
it would be cool if somehow Nina infuses the FRIEJA counterattack into her body and then schniezel fires ALL the FRIEJA.........

my ending::::
Charles di britannia comes back to life and sorts out the mess his sons made, teaches them a lesson.
And the world goes back tot he way it was before season 1 ep. 1
the end
moral of story: there WAS no story
oh and lelouch can make up to karen
Sep 15, 2008 4:09 AM

Apr 2008
What a perfect title.
Schnizel's Mask.

I love how Lelouch is trying to ensure people's freedom, and yet no one credits him for it, but to blame all that is wrong on him.

I really admire Lelouch now. my opinion of him has changed.

Sep 15, 2008 4:43 AM

Aug 2008
This 'twist after twist' scenario gets boring. I hope they will finish it within 2 seasons.
Sep 15, 2008 6:32 AM

Feb 2008
Did someone observed that the suit of Suzaku kicks more ass than Lelouch? I mean, he looked the Emperor more than Lulu! Haha!

Just when you look at Schneizel and his assistant.

BTW, I really don't know what will happen to CGR2 now. I don't care if there will be a CGR3 or not, I just want the story to just let go of it. AND THEN, just don't piss me off by putting C.C. off the main character list.

Until now, we haven't yet know the true name of C.C.; argh! How many episodes left? 2?! We must know it by then, lol!
Sep 15, 2008 6:38 AM

Aug 2008
IncognitoOtaku said:
Echelon said:

omg, how have I not realized this!?
Same here.

Also, pregnant Viletta is WTF. I mean, I know she and Ohgi are side characters, but there relationship, to me, has been as follows:

1. Viletta looses memories, found by Ohgi
2. Ohgi spies on her
3. They fall in love
4. She regains her memories, shoots Ohgi
5. Season 1 ends.
6. They meet in the woods, Ohgi gets kunai'ed, both fall off cliff
7. ????
8. Ohgi is fine
9. BK betray Zero
10. ????
11. Viletta is pregnant

???? at crucial points. Guess that's the treatment you get if you're both side characters.

Echelon said:
And either way I always figured CC x Lelouch would happen over him and Kallen getting together, but like you said Lelouch will probably never truly love anyone romantically.
What do you mean by romantically? I bet he could — he's done it before (admittedly he may have learned not to love, since it didn't end very well).

Syanaide said:
mystik said:

I agree, he sucked. I've been wanting him dead for a while, as he rightfully should be considering his illness. He'll probably die trying to rescue Tian'zi or something cliche like that.
That already should have happened in the ep where they were fighting the Eunuch Generals. I doubt they'd use it again so blatantly. Don't be suprised if he lives happily ever after... until he dies horribly from his disease in Tianzi's arms. XD

And Kaguya's expression: my first thought was, she's gonna go all Sekai on Lelouche's ass.

Final thought: Schneizel's last line in this ep made me think 'famous last words.' Who's the one who just lost their mask here? Who's trying to save the world by making it hate him?
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Sep 15, 2008 7:29 AM

Nov 2007
the only thing now that I am after to on this anime is the final battle. to hell with the twist-copters
Sep 15, 2008 8:16 AM

Aug 2008
mulderman said:
I only have 1 thing to say:

Sunriiiiiiise!

agreed, but I'm gonna b more specific for myself

-Schneizel's plot is lame, unoriginal and beneath what I thought his character was
-Cornelia's death is lame to the point where I felf nothing after it happened, she's a badass general/mech pilot
She should have died in battle, what a wasted character
-Nina disappoints me, forever the victim
Sunrise better pull something out of their ass to redeem bringing her back
-I continue to hate the Black Knights like I have since S1, they are useless on their own and to side with someone like Schneizel just shows how fickle they are!
-and finally, for making me start to like Suzaku! Dmn u! It takes him 40+ eps but he finally has some backbone and some sense enough to deal w/ reality and put his stupid/unrealistic ideals to the side

edit: but I swear to god! If he goes Spinzaku again and kicks through another impossible object (swords, guns, bombs.. etc.) I am going right back to damning him
Sep 15, 2008 8:26 AM
Dec 2007
Hmmm finally an interesting battle in Code Geass, what a surprise ! It even felt like a gigantic battle taken from Legend of the Galactic Heroes at one point. And Schneizel finally shows his true side too, all the cards are there for a great ending. Oh, and Lellouch really proved he's a much better character than what I thought he was.

But now that Code Geass is becoming seriously better, the rating starts to fall on MAL (it was 8.94 some weeks ago, 8.90 today...). I mean, the first 40 episodes were just cliffhanger after cliffhanger, everything felt forced and the plot didn't move AT ALL, nothing really important happened in the episodes, even if there was action, emotion, and the series was very entertaining, it just wasn't sufficient. Now, the last 5 episodes or so have really improved CG's overall quality, but obviously, fans are dissapointed because the script isn't what they would like it to be (in a good way for me, but in a bad way for the fans).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 15, 2008 8:27 AM

Aug 2008
TechDragon said:
corroded said:
Rakkie said:
Tsunami said:
Darkii said:
Plun said:
TuXeyM11 said:
This really pissed me off.

I totally agree with you. .

Make it three
make it 4

Make it five.

I don't understand Code Geass anymore, I tried to understand but I give up.

It's not that I hate it but, it's getting too flashy.

six here

make that seven..

Make them Eight, Thought Nunnally is acting the wrong way, I don't hate her.

-Cornelia shouldn't be dead, But I am not worried, such people don't dire so easily, She still got 2 souls to die.

-Since R1 I though that Nina will end up crazy, But now I know she wont, She is an important character now, who will turn the tide.

-I always knew that Schneizel is evil, Never liked him.

-There will be some who will change side, Possibly Karen and Anya.

-Ohgi should die??? I don't think so, If black knight is going to believe Lulu some point in the future, I think it will be by him.

-Pinky Lancelot, People have some taste here(BTW, Who chose these colors??), It's for C.C I guess.

-Lulu is smart, He showed no emotions toward Nunnally, preventing Schneizel from using her against him,The "Let's make them use up their ammo" strategy is so smart in case damages can be avoided.

-Nunnally control the FLEIA trigger, Lulu have to make her side with him.

-Where are other Knights Of Round??? If any!!

-Tinazi And Kaguya are safe until now, Happy thing to know ^^

-Soldiers are Geassed, Gueass why???? To give them loyalty!!!, But how Toundu knew they are Geassed, Guessed I think.....

ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!
Sep 15, 2008 8:34 AM

Aug 2008
Neverender said:
I'm Schneizel, motherfucker. Quick snap of my fingers, gun from the wall, and my bitch sister takes a terrible fall.

LOL, that was awesome!
Sep 15, 2008 8:41 AM

Mar 2008
What the fucking fuck is wrong with the writers? Xing Ke's illness is now, what, a plot device to save Lelouch from being pwnt?
Sep 15, 2008 8:43 AM

May 2007
This episode was crap (due to Cornelia's stupid, unnecessary death) The only good part was the pink haxalot.
Sep 15, 2008 8:47 AM

Oct 2007
I find it funny how everyone seems to be confused about why the BK are following Schneizel rather than going and joining Lelouch after all of this. It's like some don't even watch the show, or take the time to understand that they (the other characters) aren't seeing what we have seen. And take into account the show would suck if Lelouch screamed out the truth to everybody about Schneizel's plan and begged for them to believe in him. Some people need to re-watch this series I think...

It sucks that Cornelia had to die...especially like that. She was a good character up until the end.
Sep 15, 2008 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
I can't believe people think Cornelia is actually dead from that.
Sep 15, 2008 8:58 AM

Aug 2008
mystik said:
I can't believe people think Cornelia is actually dead from that.

I don't think she is
Sep 15, 2008 9:17 AM
Feb 2008
Guidan said:

It sucks that Cornelia had to die...especially like that. She was a good character up until the end.

Not really. What did she do in R2 exactly? That's right, nothing. Good riddance I say (though yes, it wouldn't surprise me if she survived).

Nunnally should have also stayed dead. The only character who I'm glad was "revived" is Orange, just because he's badass. He's the only redeeming factor of R2, really.
BoonioSep 15, 2008 9:26 AM
Sep 15, 2008 9:22 AM

Mar 2008
Hooo, where to start...

So many comments about the hotdog, doesn't anyone ever realize that Cecile, the-brilliant-and-sexy-voiced-scientist-but-a-lethal-chef made it?

About the BK and Schneizel. For all intents and purposes, Suzaku fired the FLEIJA at Tokyo. Schenizel did not say he was behind it. As far as things go, they think Suzaku, who is now sided with Britannia is the guilty party at the annihilation of Tokyo (he still is), and thanks to Schneizel's Zero=Lelou, the BK hates his guts for using them all from the start.

So when Lulu+Suzaku teams up, all the BK was like: "OHSHI- Unholy Matrimony". That and Lulu kidnapped all the delegates. So it's easy to see. It's all in the propaganda.

What about Schneizel's annihilation of Pendragon? (Capital of China there is Shukinjou, the Vermillion Forbidden City) As far as BK is concerned, and Geass powers are taken into account, many believed he (may) be doing the right thing.

About Nunnally, puh-lease people. Nunnally is blind and confined to her wheelchair. Prior to attack on Tokyo, she knew Zero is wreaking havoc. Now that she is rescued from FLEIJA, Schneizel can tell her how Lulu=Zero and Suzaku fired FLEIJA, and then Lulu's Geass, and his takeover of Britannia. You all think Nunnally's been so easily deceived? Well, she did not realize that Zero was Lelouch before, not in S1, not in R2. She relied on other people for information, and the only thing she has is kindness, a kindness too often used by others for other means. Thus, I conclude that Nunnally is not braindead as some has accused her to be, but is being used, yet again. This time, she's simply a figurehead, just to hurt Lelouch.

For Schneizel being screwed up in his annihilation of the world stuff, it runs int he family. Even Charles suggests that the Britannia family is, and has always been fighting with each other. As for his alliance to BK and others, never forget he has the charisma, a charisma built when he took over half of Europe and then sparing the rest and even giving a few countries back. Remember Schneizel's first appearance? He Hadron Cannon'ed Lelou, Suzaku, Karen and Euphemia at that island. And then he was all like "I did what I had to do, I am highly regretful it has come to this." Thus I conclude that Schneizel is as much of a magnificent bastard as Lelocuh is, and all that only undermined by too few screentime.

For all of you who do not know about Damocles, the story of Damocles's sword is that Damocles volunteered to swap sides with a rich governor for a day, and he had all of his luxuries. Then on his seat, he noticed a dangling sword with a hair holding it. The moral is that even if you are in power, memento mori (keep in mind that death can cut everything short). The symbol is that Damocles is the proverbial sword that threatens Lelouch's throne, the only thing stopping him from what his goals are; a final boss.

As for FLEIJA, although CG asserts that FLEIJA is a nuclear bomb, its explosion and effects rather mirror an antimatter weapon, possibly boosted by nuclear fission (for extra coolness, since none of that matters if only antimatter is used). Antimatter annihilates matter much like FLEIJA does, in a perfect sphere. Even air will be annihilated, which explains the vacuum effect, described in the explosion stages as "space transfer" (which is conspicuously absent in this ep, oh well...). As a nuclear weapon however, I applaud CG team for correctness, as Schneizel said "the warhead is already at criticality". A criticality state is the prerequisite for nuclear weapons to start its initial stages of explosion, usually achieves by an implosion.

For completeness sake of CG, how much of you know about the supplementary materials for S1? R2 would probably explain everything "all-there-in-the-manual" style with sound stages, picture dramas, drama CDs, retellings, what-have-you. If Sunrise is smart, they can create an imitation of Anya's blog, chronicling her memories. Japanese anime is but one of the medias involved and a recent thread is that as many medias will be used for clarity's sake, and for money-milking purposes too.

tl;dr, as someone has pointed it out, CG continues to be highly compelling as ever, if one is willing to analyze between the lines. And yes, I can be daring and say that the fanbase of CG (at least the majority here) is as fickle as Black Knights are, and for the same reason; lack of information and unwillingness to look beyond what is displayed, what is stated, and unwillingness to consider the implied.
Sep 15, 2008 9:34 AM

Oct 2007
Boony said:
Guidan said:

Not really. What did she do in R2 exactly? That's right, nothing. Good riddance I say (though yes, it wouldn't surprise me if she survived).

I'm just saying, she cared for her family by finding out the truth behind the Euphy incident, and then opposed Schneizel's forced peace plan...she was the only non crazy member of the family left.

I still liked her :P

Just because a character doesn't play a huge roll in a series doesn't mean they suck...
Sep 15, 2008 10:24 AM

Aug 2008
Guidan said:

Just because a character doesn't play a huge roll in a series doesn't mean they suck...

QFT

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 15, 2008 10:43 AM

Aug 2008
LAH-Foton said:
Hooo, where to start...

So many comments about the hotdog, doesn't anyone ever realize that Cecile, the-brilliant-and-sexy-voiced-scientist-but-a-lethal-chef made it?

About the BK and Schneizel. For all intents and purposes, Suzaku fired the FLEIJA at Tokyo. Schenizel did not say he was behind it. As far as things go, they think Suzaku, who is now sided with Britannia is the guilty party at the annihilation of Tokyo (he still is), and thanks to Schneizel's Zero=Lelou, the BK hates his guts for using them all from the start.

So when Lulu+Suzaku teams up, all the BK was like: "OHSHI- Unholy Matrimony". That and Lulu kidnapped all the delegates. So it's easy to see. It's all in the propaganda.

What about Schneizel's annihilation of Pendragon? (Capital of China there is Shukinjou, the Vermillion Forbidden City) As far as BK is concerned, and Geass powers are taken into account, many believed he (may) be doing the right thing.

About Nunnally, puh-lease people. Nunnally is blind and confined to her wheelchair. Prior to attack on Tokyo, she knew Zero is wreaking havoc. Now that she is rescued from FLEIJA, Schneizel can tell her how Lulu=Zero and Suzaku fired FLEIJA, and then Lulu's Geass, and his takeover of Britannia. You all think Nunnally's been so easily deceived? Well, she did not realize that Zero was Lelouch before, not in S1, not in R2. She relied on other people for information, and the only thing she has is kindness, a kindness too often used by others for other means. Thus, I conclude that Nunnally is not braindead as some has accused her to be, but is being used, yet again. This time, she's simply a figurehead, just to hurt Lelouch.

For Schneizel being screwed up in his annihilation of the world stuff, it runs int he family. Even Charles suggests that the Britannia family is, and has always been fighting with each other. As for his alliance to BK and others, never forget he has the charisma, a charisma built when he took over half of Europe and then sparing the rest and even giving a few countries back. Remember Schneizel's first appearance? He Hadron Cannon'ed Lelou, Suzaku, Karen and Euphemia at that island. And then he was all like "I did what I had to do, I am highly regretful it has come to this." Thus I conclude that Schneizel is as much of a magnificent bastard as Lelocuh is, and all that only undermined by too few screentime.

For all of you who do not know about Damocles, the story of Damocles's sword is that Damocles volunteered to swap sides with a rich governor for a day, and he had all of his luxuries. Then on his seat, he noticed a dangling sword with a hair holding it. The moral is that even if you are in power, memento mori (keep in mind that death can cut everything short). The symbol is that Damocles is the proverbial sword that threatens Lelouch's throne, the only thing stopping him from what his goals are; a final boss.

As for FLEIJA, although CG asserts that FLEIJA is a nuclear bomb, its explosion and effects rather mirror an antimatter weapon, possibly boosted by nuclear fission (for extra coolness, since none of that matters if only antimatter is used). Antimatter annihilates matter much like FLEIJA does, in a perfect sphere. Even air will be annihilated, which explains the vacuum effect, described in the explosion stages as "space transfer" (which is conspicuously absent in this ep, oh well...). As a nuclear weapon however, I applaud CG team for correctness, as Schneizel said "the warhead is already at criticality". A criticality state is the prerequisite for nuclear weapons to start its initial stages of explosion, usually achieves by an implosion.

For completeness sake of CG, how much of you know about the supplementary materials for S1? R2 would probably explain everything "all-there-in-the-manual" style with sound stages, picture dramas, drama CDs, retellings, what-have-you. If Sunrise is smart, they can create an imitation of Anya's blog, chronicling her memories. Japanese anime is but one of the medias involved and a recent thread is that as many medias will be used for clarity's sake, and for money-milking purposes too.

tl;dr, as someone has pointed it out, CG continues to be highly compelling as ever, if one is willing to analyze between the lines. And yes, I can be daring and say that the fanbase of CG (at least the majority here) is as fickle as Black Knights are, and for the same reason; lack of information and unwillingness to look beyond what is displayed, what is stated, and unwillingness to consider the implied.

-Nice to see somebody defend Nunnally, I am happy with this, But she still is able to be used by others.

-Aside from the Schneizel's charisma(which is quite true, Giving his ability to bring BK to his side, without showing his inability to fight Britania alone), BK having a flying superweapon on their side is quite big advantage to them.

-Nice explanation about Damocles, Never knew about it.

-I know nothing about this Animatter staff, Thanks for the information

Guidan said:

AHAHA~, Just like Rivalz, the most innocent character in the whole series
SweetMoniaSep 15, 2008 11:14 AM
Sep 15, 2008 11:02 AM

Aug 2007
As if Cornelia would actually die like that. She's been through worse situations... =.= If she's alive, Cornelia will be on Lulu's side. So, Villetta is having a baby. Congratulations. Really, what's the use of it? Also, Gino x Kallen? O_o. Diethard should drop dead already. I didn't like him from the start, that media freak. Tohdoh's Knightmare is weird with that... HAIR?! At least it looks like it is. That sword of Lelouch, if it's even a sword, just looks lame. He actually gave Brittania new flashy outfits, but looks like he forgot to upgrade his sword to a decent looking level. Liked the cute C.C. x Lelouch part sitting back to back. Oh, and to finish it off: it all depends on Nina now according to Lelouch. That makes me worry.

Also good music in this episode.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Sep 15, 2008 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
Echelon said:

Yes, I wanna see Ninja Orenji babies. Better than anything Ohgi could spawn. :|

I'm glad the chess analogy came back into play, that's what help draw me into the way Lelouch fought in battle.
It's amazing how characters I found irritating to not be as much so. Nina's not so bad now...as long as she can pull off something epic for Lelouch to win. Just as Shirley got me, Rolo, and Orenji is just too awesome with his loyalty. I wished that Cornelia had sided with Lelouch instead of dying the way she did. I was really thinking she would see the light as to what really happened to Euphy and go bitch ass crazy in battle.

Favorite moment in this episode is CCxLelouch. It's probably the closest to "canon" for this series coupling with Lelouch. Kinda thought this ever since first season when CC gave Lelouch a kiss.

At this point, I'm not expecting a good ending. I rarely watch series with satisfying endings, but the ride was nice while it lasted. On that note, I also hope Sunrise doesn't completely screw up the ending as well.
Sep 15, 2008 11:43 AM
Feb 2008
Guidan said:

She doesn't have any role though, she's just there. You could take her out of R2 completely and nobody would notice. Also, I never said she sucked, just that she isn't a good character.
Sep 15, 2008 11:48 AM

May 2008
Nina was eating the most disgusting hot-dog I've ever seen.
Anyway,I can't believe how much damage Lelouch has done to the environment by now...push-button volcano ftw.

And rofl at Suzaku's pink knightmare =P
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1905 by Spyral_Grayson »»
Jun 4, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Aug 31, 2008

576 by bubba460z »»
May 28, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

PimpToad - Apr 6, 2008

404 by bubba460z »»
May 26, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TechnicsMKII - Sep 21, 2008

370 by sharosharo »»
May 20, 4:05 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

431 by sharosharo »»
May 16, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.