Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 23, 2011 5:38 AM

Aug 2010
Brook is Slash, right? I'm right, aren't I...
Mar 22, 2012 3:29 PM

Jan 2010
Is anyone worried about what exactly is in the Florian Triangle? Thriller Bark floated right back into it, and I'm worried for the Lola pirates D:
Nov 11, 2012 12:14 PM

Mar 2010
Thats pretty cool paper, and ace seems to be going through some hard times. I really enjoyed everything about this arc. Brook makes a fine addition to their crew to make it more crazy.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 9, 2013 7:09 PM

Apr 2012
and thus, the end to the Thriller Bark arc!
Wasn't that bad of an arc, not as good as CP9 but kind of better than the Drum arc.
i'm really worried about Ace though :c he's such an awesome character and i dont want him to die just yet!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2013 5:47 PM

Nov 2013
Man! I'm glad Brook's past is over with. Not because it was boring but because it was soo depressing :(
Next ep. Nami in a swimsuit XD
Jan 24, 2014 5:11 PM

Dec 2012
Loved Zoro's-Brook's moment at the graveyard. I think Brook's past is one of the saddest among with the girls'.
Aaaaceeeeeee! I have been self-spoiled about him (the danger of watching a popular anime and being way behind) but I still want to see more of him...
So fillers are back. I don't mind fillers but I am not a fan of Foxy pirates either... Well never skip an episode never drop an anime :D
Jun 7, 2014 6:40 PM

Feb 2014
45 degrees! LOL
Fantastic episode!
5/5.
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Sep 15, 2014 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
On to the next 1

Oct 18, 2014 10:47 PM

Jan 2014
I'm glad you are alive too Brook.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 11, 2015 1:51 AM

Jun 2015
lol how sanji threw beer cup to zoro xD
Sep 1, 2015 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
Off on a new adventure finally!
Plus, as everyone has said, fanservice! Lol
Mar 23, 2016 11:24 PM

May 2013
Hopefully Ace escapes somehow or his nakama can bail him ><"

stupid ugly Blackbeard >___>
Apr 7, 2016 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Thriller bark is over, and despite being my least favorite of the longer One Piece arc's it was still pretty great, like even my least favorite part's of One Piece shit all over most series so needless to say I enjoyed it.
Jun 2, 2016 5:25 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
My beloved ACE :c I am so worried for him!

Jun 19, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
What the hell were those figures on the mist ???!!!

What happens on the Florian Triangle ???!!!

Why more than 100 ships disappear every year ????!!!!

Oh man this is killing me >__<
Jul 24, 2016 9:24 AM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, good end to a good arc! Up next, here we go!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 24, 2016 8:17 PM
Oct 2015
The guys who do filler really seem to like foxy
Mar 11, 2017 10:24 AM

May 2014
The episode that concludes The Thriller Bark arc. Hands down the best arc of One Piece so far imo, I loved everything about it! We got Brook and some of the best fights and animation the series has had to date...almost sad to see it end.
Almost.
However, I'm already excited about the new plot point that's been building up for a while. The stuff going on with Ace.

Ofc Luffy isn't worried rn because he doesn't know that Ace is in Impel Down, but I'm pretty sure that when he does find out, there is gonna be an attempted rescue mission incoming.

Oh, and Boa Hancock got a name drop so I guess she's gonna turn up soon??

On a completely separate note, I'm dying to know what the heck happened to Perona...where did she go?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2019 6:29 AM

Jun 2016
This was my favorite ending to an arc. Brook yelling that he was happy to be alive after all those tough times of one song carrying him through those dark nights and deciding to move forward with a purpose now was really freaking heart warming. He had an incredible introduction, his backstory and characterization was probably my favorite out of any crew members introduction, and he already had great heartfelt development. God bless Brook.

This was just a really wonderful episode through its entirety. The inverse of the initial request for Brook to join where instead Brook asked, Luffy was the one to say sure, and then instead of arguing in the crew everyone accepted Brook was sweet and it showed just how much has changed in such a short time.

The grave scene was one of my favorites in the arc, Usopp and Franky used the old ship to build a beautiful grave for Brooks' fallen nakama and presumably moved those coffins full of their bones to be put at rest in their home soil. He sung them off with their final song. Then Zoro showed up to somehow make that scene even better and Brook got to see Zoro in his most zen state. He saw the man who fought for Luffy's sake and asked to die for him in a heated and intense moment put that shopkeepers sword to rest and pray for it. He was really content and happy. Finally able to appropriately say goodbye to the sword hilt he's kept since it was rusted away. Brook was totally taken aback by how different Zoro can be given the circumstances, just look at how nice of a smile he had. I think he's incredibly grateful for how everything turned out.

We got a new ally in Lola's mom before we even met her and it led to talk of Ace. It went exactly as would be expected though. I'm sure Luffy actually trusts in Ace even more than he trusts in Zoro. He knows he can fend for himself and he knows to believe in him. It made for an incredibly sweet moment when Nami and Brook reached out to him to try and let him know that they can make a detour to check on him and Luffy rejected them. He'll trust in Ace and meet him when they're supposed to meet, there's no way Ace won't make it out of wherever he may be himself! :)

Overall, Thriller Bark was really great. Absalom contrasted Sanji in a way that revealed a lot about Sanji and his beating was awesome, both from Sanji and from Nami's friendship with Lola "sparking" her to fight back. Hogback was pretty awful but he revealed a new side of Chopper and taught Chopper something about life, that achievements don't equate to being a good person, he was forced to see an idol as the opposite of what he thinks a doctor is(Hiriluk). Plus it led to the Cindry character development and that was really wonderful. Chopper, when inspired, can be one strong tanuki. Ryuma was one of my favorite fights in the series. The way Zoro reminded him of an ancient dragon and awoken in him the samurai pride he once had, enough to forfeit when he felt he rightfully lost, it was so moving. He's one of my favorite antagonists for that reason. I personally enjoyed Perona as a character and I thought the development and badassery of Usopp's fight with her, bouncing back from Water 7 and showing his growth, was great, it's one of my favorite fights yet! Moria was a cool villain in that up until the end he used other people to shield him and literally hid behind Oars so that it was teamwork that had to take him down. The end where it became a raw power battle was my least favorite part, however, it justified nightmare Luffy and it led to the awesome Kuma scene so I can't be too mad.

This arc had some great fights, even if Absalom and Hogback sucked as villains in some ways what they meant for the Straw Hats made them quite awesome. Then Kuma came and it was one of the most tense moments of the anime and it developed Zoro and Sanji in a way that was just insane while creating one of the most interesting villains we've gotten.

Not only the fights of course, we got Brook and his backstory and his characterization and from the first moments with him he was already one of the most well done characters in One Piece in my eyes. I cried so much for that skeleton. The arc itself was a blast in its spontaneous storytelling and how it came off of Franky joining and Robin opening up. Due to that we got to see our characters at their best with an arc that didn't ask too much of the audience, it was a real fun way to get to see them and explore them with some unique pairings.

Overall it wasn't in my top 3 by any means, Water 7, Arlong, and Alabasta were all amazing in so many ways, but this one was hilarious, a blast, as well as it was pretty monumental for Sanji, Zoro, Usopp, and Brook imo! Overall it was really good.
Jul 19, 2020 6:41 PM

May 2016
This was a wonderful conclusion for the Thriller Bark Arc, with Brook officially joining the Straw Hats and Zoro waking up safe and sound!

Seeing Laboon in such a great mood and Brook's new crewmates making a beautiful memorial for his friends were really heartwarming moments that I appreciated very much.

The introduction of Vivre Cards was also a very interesting bit of information since knowing about Ace's current condition gives a really good clue on their next destination. I'm also very curious on what Lola's mom looks like!

Aug 1, 2020 8:11 PM

May 2020
Man, I hope that Ace is okay. I really hope we get to see more of his fire powers soon!
Feb 20, 2021 2:24 PM
Dec 2020
The violin where we heard the slow motioned song of the previous episode was so good(12:13)
Feb 23, 2021 7:01 PM
May 2016
Awesome breather episode. Though now that Zoro is up what was the point of that government official even showing up a few episodes back. He didn't behead Luffy, he didn't kill everyone who knew of Moria's defeat, and he didn't even kill Zoro...
May 25, 2021 4:34 AM

Jun 2019
We finally got our musician Nakama. Welcome to the crew, Brook.
Aug 8, 2021 10:32 PM

Aug 2021
This was the last of thriller bark

dang I enjoyed this arc was slow in the beginning with the hunted stories and all but the last half of the arc was completely priceless from taking down oars to zoro showing his strength by taking all the fatigue of luffy's fight with moria and oars and the peaceful ending with bink's sake ♫ ♫

Also after defeating two of the shichibukai I sense danger ahead for luffy and crew from the world government.

And things don't look good for ace as the paper he gave to luffy was burning ;-;

And stoopid foxy is back with fillers =_=

May 14, 2022 9:32 PM

Feb 2014
Well, good bye Thriller Bark, hello three episodes filler.
Aug 10, 2022 12:57 AM

Dec 2018
brook is fricking awesome. i hope him and zoro can share techniques.
Aug 10, 2022 1:11 AM

Dec 2018
good episode
not sure how much more i can take of foxy
honestly they'd be fine if they just knocked out luffy when he's around
Aug 19, 2022 12:15 AM

Apr 2018
Yay! Brooke joins the crew! A bit worried about Ace now :(
Sep 7, 2022 4:51 PM
May 2021
Another good Arc (Thriller Bark) [rate: 8.5/10]

Interesting, funny, and also some Iconic/Epic moments are make this ARC a huge success. However, there are some drop back too, like sometimes the pace is very slow. I know most arc will be slow in the start, but in this one we could some slowness even in the mid-arc.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this ARC

Moments I loved

#1 Zoro Sacrifice
#2 Nightmare Luffy
#3 Straw hats vs Oars
#4 Zoro vs Ryuma
#5 Usopp vs Perona & Sanji saving Nami
Sep 7, 2022 4:52 PM
May 2021
VK11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, a nice episode to wrap up the Thriller Bark.

Few pieces of critical information we get too:
1.) Ace's condition
2.) Mention of Pirate Empress Hancock
3.) One that I totally forgot - the large shadows in the mist of the Florian Triangle. I really wonder what those are all about.
4.) Most importantly, mermaids don't wear panties. =P

Hopefully the fillers will be good.
3.) One that I totally forgot - the large shadows in the mist of the Florian Triangle. I really wonder what those are all about.

I think the Skypieans messing with the Sun again lol
Oct 3, 2022 1:39 PM
Sep 2020
5/5, A very good arc but still no where near as great as the arabasta arc , The interesting thing about this arc was how well it ended and how smart was oda able to make the most goofy character in the show have such good development and character arc is beyond imaginable

If i think hard about it i think this arc is the second or 3rd best arc of one piece so far
Mack_YeagerOct 3, 2022 1:43 PM
Dec 5, 2022 2:53 PM
Dec 2020
brook a real mf and he funny af
Dec 12, 2022 5:13 PM
Apr 2021
Brooke had one of the best backstories and his motivation is one of my favorites by far
Dec 13, 2022 6:57 PM
Feb 2022
Bienvenido a bordo Brook.
Jun 1, 2023 9:19 PM
Oct 2019
Welcome Brook!!

Everytime i heard that song it made me feeling emotional.

Oh wow that paper is called Vivre Card.
Very interesting.

And that's it for Thriller Bark Arc.
Jul 30, 2023 12:49 PM

Oct 2019
And with that Thriller Bark ends! 

Before starting it, I saw many people actually hating on it. However, now that I've seen it myself, I don't understand where they're coming from. I actually really enjoyed it. There was a lot of epic moments!!
Aug 4, 2023 7:18 AM
Aug 2023
Awesome episode!!!!
Sep 20, 2023 11:58 AM

Oct 2015
Those shadow figures with laser eyes over leftover Thriller Bark was really ominous
Oct 19, 2023 11:34 AM

Aug 2019
I'm watching this arc with someone who's not familiar with "One Piece" aside from the live action show, two movies, and the Reverse Mountain arc that I had them watch as a leadup to this (and a coincidentally fitting follow-up to the live action show) and aside from it being a good arc to watch during Halloween season for obvious reasons, I'm realizing that Thriller Bark is a very good arc overall to introduce someone to the Strawhats. It's very friendly and welcoming in getting a newcomer familiar with all of them, because not only does everyone get a moment to shine and to show off who they are as a character, but there are good moments of the crew working together as a unit that's lacking in other arcs. Plus, Thriller Bark is a fun(ny) time.
bucciestOct 19, 2023 11:37 AM
Jan 20, 10:11 AM
Aug 2021
Rumo ao Sabaody Archipelago!
Sem dúvida alguma, One Piece é um dos, ou O, meu anime favorito do mundo inteiro!
Jan 20, 10:11 AM
Aug 2021
Rumo ao Sabaody Archipelago!
Sem dúvida alguma, One Piece é um dos, ou O, meu anime favorito do mundo inteiro!
Apr 22, 12:47 AM

Dec 2022
an episode filled with joy, and the 45 degree angle really is extremely funny
man oh man forgot all about Lola giving them her mom's card... shan't say anymore than that as it would be spoiling ^_^
Apr 24, 10:06 PM

Jun 2017
Let's hope those pirates left in Thriller Bark are all fine! I don't like those enormous shadows with glowing eyes. They looked sinister!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Longer running comedy gag than Sanji's "fall for every girl he sees" shtick?

GakutoDeathGlare - Jun 3

28 by IamSajid »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Aug 7, 2009

90 by TheStarscream759 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 513 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Sep 3, 2011

57 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 512 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Aug 27, 2011

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 511 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 20, 2011

63 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.