Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2009 6:45 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought the last episode was awesome, but this was clearly the best episode for me so far. Everything is now out in the open, the twins will compete and I'm almost certain the Tatsuya is favored going into this challenge. The episode felt really good, seeing the three of them being like childhood friends like they always are because they know that that feeling cannot last.
Aug 26, 2010 7:25 AM

Jun 2007
In a way, this episode makes me glad what's going to happen in the next episode is going to happen. It's taken so long just for Tatsuya to become a rival in the love triangle proper that, if I had to endure the love triangle drama for a full 101 episodes, it'd probably drive me crazy. Touch has already affected me to such an extent that I can't get it off my mind - it coming to the front of my brain constantly as I tried to sleep - because I'm a romantic and a childhood love triangle is the most involving of all love stories. I've even thought about dropping it after reading that, beyond the first 27 episodes, it's all baseball and the romance comes to a complete standstill, because such a drawn out 'Will they, won't they' story is painful for me to make it through. Addictive as they come, but difficult to endure, nonetheless.

As much as I want to like Tatsuya for thinking of his brother, for thinking of how others would perceive him dating Minami and whatnot, I can't. I understand that he wants to be a better person; one worthy of Minami, but the fact of the matter is she loves Tatsuya - NOT Kazuya. What does it matter if Kazuya's regarded better? All that matters is how much Minami loves him.

After being spoiled to high heaven, I can't help but think that everything that follows will be an excuse to drag out the story as much as humanly possible, and include a lot more baseball. It'll feel like I've been cheated if, after the first 1/4th focused nearly everything on slice-of-life/romance, sports takes over.
Jun 30, 2011 6:10 PM

Aug 2009
Such an amazing episode!! >__< Seems like Tatsuya and Kazuya are really getting serious about getting Minami's love!

Now let's see if Tatsuya really gets into baseball! ^^
Jul 21, 2014 10:54 PM

Feb 2010
I liked Kacchan's speech about wanting the three of them to remain childhood friends for a bit longer. It was poignant.

The romantic developments in this show are so awkward.
Jan 23, 2015 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
Since Minami is obviously in love with Tatsuya, I wanted her to give a proper rejection to Kazuya's confession (and proposal). She is such a selfish bitch who toys with the two boys' hearts. Actually both Kazuya and Minami are equally selfish, they would make a perfect match.

On the other hand, I really liked the scene where the parents defended their son, Tatsuya. This's a first.

Aug 3, 2015 1:56 AM

Jul 2008
H_Elif said:
Since Minami is obviously in love with Tatsuya, I wanted her to give a proper rejection to Kazuya's confession (and proposal). She is such a selfish bitch who toys with the two boys' hearts. Actually both Kazuya and Minami are equally selfish, they would make a perfect match.

On the other hand, I really liked the scene where the parents defended their son, Tatsuya. This's a first.

My favorite part of the episode. And don't freaking tell me...everything is out in the open now...they're going to do THAT aren't they. Why must they always do THAT in baseball animes?
Aug 20, 2015 11:40 PM
Nov 2014
Rather relaxing episode, I enjoyed the conversations between the trio. It looks like Tacchan has finally decided to challenge Kacchan for Minami, nice development. Hoping to see Tatsuya playing baseball soon.
May 19, 2016 6:27 PM

May 2010
There's actually something quite refreshing about an entirely open love triangle. All three acknowledging the situation to each other and coming to an agreement on how to proceed? Two guys agreeing with each other to become love rivals is surprisingly honest, and one girl consenting to be their prize is, in a way, even more honest (at the cost of pride). Simply by being honest with their feelings, these three have created a romantic situation that I haven't actually seen in any anime before, and I've seen a lot of anime.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 13, 2016 5:36 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode as per usual.
Not looking forward to the next one though
Jan 12, 2017 6:08 AM

Jul 2015
That end seems implying something will happen
Anyway, good episode
Oct 1, 2018 11:21 AM

Nov 2016
First time Tatsuya parents defend him son. And finally is all on the open, the brothers will compete for the love of Minami and she for being a fine woman. Kazuya taking the first step bringing Minami to Koushien and Tatsuya trying to become a better man for her own good, Tatsuya is finally ready to fight for what he wants, and he don't want to be a "loser" for Minami he wants to be someone better than his brother, someone that Minami could really look up to. He won't give Minami up this time, but then again Minami already love him, he could also take the easy way out, but he want to show her and everyone else that he is worthy.
Oct 17, 2018 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

First, it's unacceptable that those people tried to make Kacchan drink, it's understandable that they are happy, but this is wrong so I was happy to see Tacchan preventing it from happening. They also had no right to talk like that about him so I'm glad that for the first time his parents defended him. I mean, he isn't an honest person, he isn't nice, and he doesn't even try, but they still have no right to judge him being outsiders.

Then the stupid love triangle! Minami told Tacchan that she loved him, kissed him when he asked, and then indirectly asked him to marry her, but what was his reaction to all this? Well, after hearing Kacchan saying that he wanted to be engaged to her, Tacchan said that his brother could make her happy, to the same girl he knows that loves him, and asked to forget about their kiss, unbelievable! And then a few phrases later he was already asking her to wait for him, he doesn't even seem to know what he is saying. And Kacchan is finally wrong too. He heard their talk, and now he knows that Minami loves Tacchan, and that Tacchan loves Minami, but he isn't giving up like a fool. And now they are pretending that there's a competition going on between them for her.

Oh, and Minami is in the wrong too, she should've been honest with Kacchan, it's the second time he confessed his feelings to her in a direct manner, and there's the stuff with the dream, she should've told him already that she loves Tacchan.
Nov 10, 2018 10:35 PM
Jan 2017
This series had the potential to become the most epic love triangle humanity has ever witnessed but sadly it isn't going to happen.
Nov 22, 2018 12:38 AM
Apr 2011
Fayrin said:

First, it's unacceptable that those people tried to make Kacchan drink, it's understandable that they are happy, but this is wrong so I was happy to see Tacchan preventing it from happening. They also had no right to talk like that about him so I'm glad that for the first time his parents defended him. I mean, he isn't an honest person, he isn't nice, and he doesn't even try, but they still have no right to judge him being outsiders.

Then the stupid love triangle! Minami told Tacchan that she loved him, kissed him when he asked, and then indirectly asked him to marry her, but what was his reaction to all this? Well, after hearing Kacchan saying that he wanted to be engaged to her, Tacchan said that his brother could make her happy, to the same girl he knows that loves him, and asked to forget about their kiss, unbelievable! And then a few phrases later he was already asking her to wait for him, he doesn't even seem to know what he is saying. And Kacchan is finally wrong too. He heard their talk, and now he knows that Minami loves Tacchan, and that Tacchan loves Minami, but he isn't giving up like a fool. And now they are pretending that there's a competition going on between them for her.

Oh, and Minami is in the wrong too, she should've been honest with Kacchan, it's the second time he confessed his feelings to her in a direct manner, and there's the stuff with the dream, she should've told him already that she loves Tacchan.

lmao youre acting just like how I did when i first watched this anime. Well if you think about how close they are and how much tatsuya thinks of himself to be inferior to kazuya he doesnt think he is good enough for minami even though he actually likes her as well. Even at the start of the anime they portray tatsuya as a lazy guy and kazuya the guy who gets up every morning , has good grades , is the perfect role model compared to the lazy tatsuya who doesnt have any hobbies and copies his brothers homework. I hope youre still watching this anime or finished cause its one of the best unknown under rated anime : )
Apr 15, 2019 11:28 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode and it spelled out the things I was waiting for. About time that Tatsuya is getting serious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 3, 2020 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
Didn't expect the parents to stand up for Tatsuya, actually happy to see that since people always talk trash about him (sometimes justified but still)
So the love triangle is out in the open for the three of them and Tatsuya after seeing him 24 running away is finally ready to fight the fight!

Jul 20, 2021 7:47 AM

Jan 2018
This episode was excellent in terms of feels.

Harada gives some spot-on commentaries.

Minami actually indirectly proposed to Tacchan. But in the same episode Kacchan asked to be engaged with Minami! Looks like the love triangle will become more important as it became open and Tacchan is finally taking it seriously.
Seabury said:
There's actually something quite refreshing about an entirely open love triangle. All three acknowledging the situation to each other and coming to an agreement on how to proceed? Two guys agreeing with each other to become love rivals is surprisingly honest, and one girl consenting to be their prize is, in a way, even more honest (at the cost of pride). Simply by being honest with their feelings, these three have created a romantic situation that I haven't actually seen in any anime before, and I've seen a lot of anime.
Couldn't agree more.
0451Jul 20, 2021 7:51 AM
Mar 5, 2023 7:56 AM

May 2019
It's always shown subtly that both Tatsuya and Kazuya love Minami but all I see so far is that they see her as a trophy or an achievement to be reached. Even though it is stated openly now that they will do all of these just to claim her in the end, I still despise them and now Tatsuya also joining her brother's pathetic game instead of trying to win her heart. All just bluffs and no real actions between them to show the actual love itself. I kinda expect Katsuya to be slapped after forcefully trying to claim her for the engagement thing. Isn't that too early for Katsuya to think about engagement? If only the show is not about baseball all the time, it would be so much better. That scene of Tatsuya's parents splashing the drink to defend Tatsuya's name is definitely the best one yet.

Jun 13, 2023 5:31 PM
May 2018
Kazuya got brutally rejected, couldn't even get a pity kiss. He should have started crying and getting depressed to awoke her maternal attraction.
I don't like that rivalry got official now.
Jul 30, 2023 8:42 AM

Apr 2018
H_Erifu said:

For real.

I was thinking the same.
I felt bad for Kazuya on first episodes. But then in this episode he see her cry after his 2nd attempt to get her.

Bro... Let her free. she doesn't want you. Be a man with dignity and let her go. You just better than that.

And she doesn't have the ballz to say no...

But obviously if you ask her twice and she's being sad and cry. It's defenitaly a red flag.

--

Btw i don't really like those rivalry between brothers. specially for a woman...

I can't even imagine 20 years from that, how akward it will be on family diner. Like the next woman who will marry one of them will always feel like she's a plan B.

If i was one of the parent, i will get rid of her. I don't understand parents who wants manami to be their step daughter. She obviously gonna destroy the brotherhood between them ( directly or indirectly )
No matters who wins her at the end...
Fayrin said:

You resume perfectly.

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
May 21, 11:52 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
I'm not sure at this point if this show's just gonna be full of indirect confessions or what but the way Minami is behaving makes me really not like her. Just be sincere and say something to Kazuya when he's being so upfront. Props also to Tatzuya for reading the room and lifting up the mood of both.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touch Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Apr 29, 2009

54 by rasterman7 »»
May 21, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 18 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 5, 2009

15 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 28, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 13 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 4, 2009

15 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 13, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 8 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 2, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 5 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 1, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.