Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 22, 2007 9:02 PM
May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A pretty boring episode if you ask me. When at the university be careful to not feed the Ohno, she does bite.

SarixNov 22, 2007 11:01 PM
Nov 22, 2007 9:30 PM

Jul 2007
I thought it was a good episode....kinda brought a tear to my eye though :(
[center]
Nov 22, 2007 10:54 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Good ep. Madamare and his Kasukabe obsession is odd. I guess I can understand it a little though.

Sasahara x Ogiue. COME ON.
Nov 22, 2007 10:56 PM

Sep 2007
I love Ogiue-san! I can't wait to see who joins next...
Nov 22, 2007 11:06 PM

Apr 2007
Pretty good episode...now i wonder if they'll animate the Kujian episode and put it on DVD

Black Ohno is the best
Taku0Nov 22, 2007 11:13 PM

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Nov 23, 2007 12:14 AM

Jun 2007
It was a good episode. Loved how it ended.

The cake is a lie
Nov 23, 2007 3:22 AM
Oct 2007
It was rather sad episode :/ however
Something like tribute to Madarame and the other two.
Nov 23, 2007 5:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Naandeee~?! xD

Good episode, I enjoyed it a lot. Especially the part where they went eating and drinking, very funny conversations there. Dark Ohne was great, too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 23, 2007 7:57 AM

Oct 2007
Ah, a reminiscent episode with a lot of flashbacks to the first season, though I reckon it couldn't be helped, it was a graduation episode. It wasn't as funny as the previous episodes, but I don't think that was the goal of this episode – after all, graduation is a time filled with nostalgia and reminiscing and they did that very well.

It was good to see old faces again, like Kitagawa (athlete's foot girl), who surprised not only Saki, but me too, by getting married so quickly. My favourite scene of the episode would have to be the party; it was a bitter-sweet moment and funny to boot! I also agree with the lot of you who liked Black Ohno, she rather scary when possessed. :D I look forward to seeing a cosplay Genshiken – not sure how successful it would be, but it would be entertaining seeing how it would come about.

Xinil said:
Good ep. Madamare and his Kasukabe obsession is odd. I guess I can understand it a little though.

Yeah, I agree Madarame's obsession with Saki is a bit odd – I sensed a latent one-sided affection from Madarame to Saki during the first season, but it wasn't played on too much in the series, so it seem rather out of place here.

Sasahara and Ogiue? Yeah, those two seem to have latent feelings for each other. It would be good to see those two crazy kids together, but if that's going to happen I think it would be the last few episodes of the series, perhaps the last two – that's my sense of it.
Nov 23, 2007 1:56 PM

Jul 2007
i loved the relations with the old series(kujun, the ed)

but now i want sasahara x ogiue! xD

Nov 23, 2007 3:24 PM

Jan 2007
Good episode...having graduated not very long ago, brings back memories.

But, I mean, those guys can't really leave, right? It's not like we won't seem them again, right? Right?! *sniff*
Nov 23, 2007 4:33 PM

Nov 2006
Xinil said:
No!
Nov 23, 2007 8:02 PM

Nov 2007
This episode threw me off a bit... Season two has been more of a Lucky Star-ish series (full of references to other series) than season one ever was. It was strange to see the two seasons connected in this ep, with the re-drawn scenes, the new KujiAn scenes with the original designs (BTW, incredible sequence), and the KujiAn OP/Genshiken S1 ED music.

I've got to say, I'm not looking forward to the next ep. Episode 7, to me, is the bridge between the doujin arc and the SasaOgi arc. The chapter that episode 8 is based off of seemed like filler to me. I actually almost stopped reading the manga at that point, thinking Shimoku had run out of ideas. And even though this season has made Kucchi a more likable character for me, I still despise that chapter. Hopefully there's more to the episode than just that storyline.

Nov 23, 2007 8:29 PM

Jan 2007
Kawada said:
And even though this season has made Kucchi a more likable character for me, I still despise that chapter.

Yeah, after the first season I thought we'd never see him again so I was kind of surprised when he stayed on (obviously I haven't read the manga). Sometimes he annoys the crap out of me, but sometimes he's hilarious. Like in this episode where they're all talking after graduation and he's dancing around, entertaining himself? XD That was fantastic.

I think one of the strengths of this series is that it plays off the stereotypes we have of other people, we recognize and connect to them - or don't. Kucchi is like that sort of annoying, over-the-top guy who you don't know whether to laugh at or punch in the face. But...deep down...he just wants people to like him, only he doesn't know how to get them to.

/end Dr Phil
Nov 24, 2007 9:31 AM

Mar 2007
It was a good episode, even if it wasn't the funniest. It was good and advanced the plot.
At least Madarame still comes to the club. I can't imagine Genshiken without him XD
Nov 24, 2007 11:45 AM

Sep 2007
i like these epi, i always feel sad when the chars have to graduate, then it always remind
of me when i didnt have to go to school anymore.
and especially when you are always complaining about it, once its over you want to go back....
or like madarame stay forever close at school XD
Nov 24, 2007 3:36 PM

Jan 2007
I loved the Kujian scene. Very fitting that Madarame would be thinking like that.
Nov 24, 2007 4:15 PM

Aug 2007
hounddog said:
Kawada said:
And even though this season has made Kucchi a more likable character for me, I still despise that chapter.

I think one of the strengths of this series is that it plays off the stereotypes we have of other people, we recognize and connect to them - or don't. Kucchi is like that sort of annoying, over-the-top guy who you don't know whether to laugh at or punch in the face. But...deep down...he just wants people to like him, only he doesn't know how to get them to.

/end Dr Phil

Well said. And I think his "qu'est-ce que c'est ?" line will make me crack up again and again in the future...
Nov 25, 2007 10:05 AM
Oct 2007
Not very good episode but not bad either... I think it would have been good if it lasted only 10 minutes...
(and please Kawada do not make Lucky Star sound like an anime of references, it is only a bonus)
Nov 25, 2007 4:22 PM

Aug 2007
That episode really felt like a series ending. During the middle of the episode when they had the Umbalance ending, I was thinking that would have been a good way to finish off the series while rolling the credits, buy then they had the restaurant scene with the flashbacks. Anyways, good episode as usual, but as others said, it was fairly sad.
Nov 25, 2007 7:44 PM

Jul 2007
It was a very nostalgic episode. I think my favorite part was Ogiue taking a picture of everyone only to have her shot ruined by Madarame running into the frame. Her reaction was hilarious because in that shot he just happened to look like he was running towards Sasahara and after everyone starts talking and laughing you see her holding up the camera at different angles observing the ruined shot in fascination. It was so subtle and easy to miss which just made it all the more awesome.
Nov 28, 2007 2:25 PM

Mar 2007
It was a sad episode.:(
Dec 12, 2007 8:16 AM
Oct 2007
Nice to hear the good old ED again.

I really prefer the S1 OP and ED's
Jan 28, 2008 11:58 PM

Nov 2007
mickal555 said:
I really prefer the S1 OP and ED's

YES SAME HERE. xD

Yeah this episode was rather sad and nostalgic, kinda hard to believe (and accept) that their group is breaking up. On the bright side, did I hear Sasahara x Ogiue? Sweet! :D
Aug 30, 2008 6:42 AM

Mar 2008
Kinda sad episode. There sure is less comedy than in the last few episodes, but that fits the theme. I hope we will see all the characters again, especially Madarame, but I think we will. I liked the flashbacks and the referenced to the first season.
Dec 4, 2008 3:08 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, I wonder what going to happen now that those three guys have graduated.
Feb 19, 2009 6:07 PM

Jul 2008
Pretty laid back episode, quite good.
May 22, 2009 7:54 AM

Jul 2008
Madarame~ you have to keep on coming to Genshiken *sniff*

...I'm afraid of Ohno's evil nature o_O poor Ogiue xD
Aug 3, 2009 5:57 PM

Dec 2008
I liked this episode. A nice nostalgic feeling. I wonder how the club will be now.
Apr 8, 2010 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
Aww. :/
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 5, 2010 8:50 AM

Jun 2009
windy said:
Xinil said:
No!
True, I prefer the single Ogi-chin... and Sasahara is not supposed to have a pair too
May 22, 2010 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
That was surprisingly sad.
Jun 28, 2010 5:32 AM

Jan 2010
Drunk Ohno and S1 OP... great episode.
Sep 14, 2010 8:01 PM

Mar 2009
Not one of the better episodes, but it wasn't too bad either.
Apr 4, 2011 3:07 PM

Aug 2010
Sad day in the genshiken world
Jul 23, 2011 12:31 AM

Aug 2010
this ep was sad :( i hope we get to see more Madarame in the future
Sep 23, 2011 12:48 AM

Sep 2010
Felt like a series ending ep
Oct 15, 2011 3:04 PM

Mar 2011
Decent episode. Makes me remember how I miss high school; those were the easy days. Very nostalgic stuff.
Jan 9, 2013 11:49 AM

May 2012
Nice episode the moment when Ohna gets decided to be chairman and gets the idea to turn it into a cosplay research society :p

Other than that the ending was rather okey.
Feb 3, 2013 9:58 PM
Mar 2011
I thought it was a good episode but its probably due to the fact I can relate since ill be graduating university soon. Ive also really come to like Madarame so seeing him and the others leaving did make me sad.
The ending theme was a brilliant touch, very much kept to the mood.
Feb 6, 2013 8:44 PM

Nov 2011
One of the weaker episodes but still enjoyable. Grats on graduation ~
Mar 26, 2013 2:24 PM

Jun 2009
saxophone said:
I liked this episode. A nice nostalgic feeling. I wonder how the club will be now.
iCab said:
That was surprisingly sad.
dusFlaesPhan said:
Sad day in the genshiken world

I thought it was sad too.

Taylor_Tertius said:

Xinil said:

Yeah, I agree Madarame's obsession with Saki is a bit odd – I sensed a latent one-sided affection from Madarame to Saki during the first season, but it wasn't played on too much in the series, so it seem rather out of place here.

Sasahara and Ogiue? Yeah, those two seem to have latent feelings for each other. It would be good to see those two crazy kids together, but if that's going to happen I think it would be the last few episodes of the series, perhaps the last two – that's my sense of it.

Yeah I definitely thought Madarame had something going on for Saki in the 1st season. As for Sasahara and Oguie I think people are beginning to develop a feminine mentality here - just because they share a certain activity together doesn't mean they have to end up together. We don't even know whether she's even heterosexual to begin with!?!
Jun 30, 2013 2:14 PM

May 2012
It's quite sad for me when Madarame looked back at Saki at the end.
Jul 6, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2011
rebelakuma said:
It's quite sad for me when Madarame looked back at Saki at the end.

Yeah, unrequited love is a bitch--particularly when you spend several years hanging out in the same crowd and seeing the person every day...(been there, got the t-shirt).

Great episode catching the sadness that comes with graduation and leaving behind the place of so many memories. It gets easier as you get older. I found that by the time I hit graduate school you didn't hang out much with your peers since you'd already established social networks outside the university (and spending 8-12 hours a day in the library or on the internet didn't help either). Of course working alone on a dissertation for a couple of years meant that when I convocated, I actually knew hardly any of the other graduates in my department, so that's probably coloured my recollection.
rodacJul 6, 2013 11:10 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 23, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
Still liked this episode..
4.5/5
Aug 28, 2013 3:22 AM

Nov 2012
this episode..
hmm.. those guys finally leave? :/ what? they are graduated now? :/ hmm.. gonna miss these people
Sep 24, 2013 4:11 PM

Oct 2012
Graduation! Well, this marks the end of sixth manga volume, one of best endings I have read. Three more to go through. And one more graduation to come in their next year.

I like the way Ohno drinks noone can compare to her :D And that KujiUn part was great as always. Superb episode, it made me feel nostalgic.

makarov52 said:
hmm.. those guys finally leave? :/ what? they are graduated now? :/ hmm.. gonna miss these people

Rest asured Madarame is not moving anywhere as you could see in the end of this episode. But for the other two.. well, with their jobs they would be less frequent here.
But afraid not, there will be other hillarious characters and stories around.
Mich666Sep 24, 2013 4:20 PM
Sep 24, 2014 3:15 AM

Feb 2013
Ohno sure does like to drink. She was the first to get drunk!

I thought this episode was rather sad. When Madarame looked behind to see Saki walking away. It felt like he liked her but could never say anything because she already has a boyfriend. And the two other guys graduated too. Genshiken lost almost half is members and they were they the longest. It definitely brought some feels. Also when the Genshiken season 1 ED started toplsy it made it even more emotional. Great episode.

I guess new members are going to join since they lost three members.I'm gonna miss them. They won't visit Genshiken as often any more.
Feb 23, 2015 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
Another step in the history of Genshiken is done, told in an almost sublime, with a lot of funny moments and sad, I am more than satisfied!
Narrative that mixes comedy with the melancholy of the facts due to the feelings experienced by the characters brought in this time.
Saki comeback to take the stage, do not hurt the trio formed by her together with Ogi and Ohno.
A little of the sadness I feel I also see in the disappearance of people linked to Genshiken and not only that, but I'm excited about the news on the horizon.
Drawings and animations good, nice affected the ending of the first season, not bad the new opening.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

65 by asbest0sdust »»
May 28, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Oct 24, 2007

63 by Acctra »»
May 24, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 25, 2007

94 by Euroqean »»
Nov 7, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Nov 1, 2007

87 by Euroqean »»
Nov 1, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

97 by Adriannitro »»
Jul 8, 2023 12:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.