Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 10, 2007 11:31 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked this episode. I really enjoyed seeing the talk Margery had with Yoshida and Ogata. And Shana was awesome this episode. Loved the dishwashing bits as well as the eyecatch shown this episode. Next episode doesn't look like it'll have any action that I was hoping for, but since I like Ike, its great to see an episode focusing on him, so i'll be looking forward to it.
Nov 11, 2007 12:52 AM

Sep 2007
yes i liked this epi too i laughed alot and i felt this normal students atmosphere
it was good that the yoshida XX shana XX konoe arc ended
but i was really hoping for a little more acton scenes
especially when someone set the fuzetsu <_<

ok next time it began with the ike arc imo i am not really looking forward to it
maybe he can finally confess to yoshida
so that shana can be together with yuji
but since i dont think it would be that simple it will have more than just 1 epi

at least i am interested how yoshida would react if ike tell her his feeling
Nov 11, 2007 5:50 AM
Sep 2007
SS-Eclipse are pretty slow this time. ~~ Can't wait for the episode.

Edit: Just seen it. Seems like the series is finally getting better. :D
ryu2k2Nov 11, 2007 9:31 AM
Nov 11, 2007 9:39 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
roysen said:
Ya right. Check their on-going projects and say that again ^_~ .

Was a very nice Character-Development episode. I'm sure we'll get deeper into it now, I'm looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 11, 2007 9:46 AM

Mar 2007
I enjoyed pretty much every second of this episode, and I don't think I've ever taken this many screens of any character while watching anime before. Shana made so many great faces.

Nov 11, 2007 9:55 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Sobzob said:
Shana made so many great faces.
Exactly my thoughts. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 11, 2007 10:44 AM
Aug 2007
well at least the conflict is over and Shana is training with Sakai again...
Nov 11, 2007 12:13 PM

Sep 2007
Glad this arc ended though I still don't like Konoe at all.
Nov 11, 2007 12:18 PM

Jun 2007
I'm happy that this arc ended but I still would rather Konoe was not there at all. Anyway, I thought that this was a good episode and I liked it when Margery was giving the girls advice and soooooooo happy Shana is training with Yuuji again!
Nov 11, 2007 1:41 PM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed the episode. The moment with Shana and Konoe with the dishwasher was my favorite scene.

I can't wait for the next episode, since I was waiting for Ike to make his move.
Nov 11, 2007 3:07 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode! I don't really like Ike (though he's better than that loser Yuuji! x_x) but I think next episode might be good.
I for one wasn't hoping on another generic fight vs random generic villain guy. At least not until Yuuji learns some new moves so he can show them off (but then who knows? he might've improved more than we know through all his training.).
I do like Yoshida and I hope she ends up with Ike instead of Yuuji ^^.

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Nov 11, 2007 6:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Well I was wondering if that was enough episodes on character feelings development. They should really start the main plot already.... Let's hope the next episode is the last one on characters' feelings.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 11, 2007 7:05 PM

Oct 2007
I really think Ike ought to replace Sakai as main character orz. He seems so much better in character..
Anyhow, I can't wait for the next episode. XD
Nov 11, 2007 8:17 PM

Sep 2007
wakka9ca said:
Well I was wondering if that was enough episodes on character feelings development. They should really start the main plot already.... Let's hope the next episode is the last one on characters' feelings.

Yeah. They're trying to blend too much drama & romance into this series. While I've enjoyed most of the episodes thus far, I'm not impressed as a whole at all.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Nov 11, 2007 8:56 PM

Jun 2007
Enough of the romance already.......Shakugan no Shana suppose to be a action + little bit romance anime..not a romance anime + little action...S2 concentrate too much on romance...me want action...
Nov 11, 2007 9:01 PM
Sep 2007
cyruz said:
roysen said:

I know they're on lots of projects. :p I just got too much accustomed to getting the next episode the same day every week.
Nov 11, 2007 11:19 PM

Apr 2007
Thank God the Konoe arc is over... it was a terrible way to start off Shana II in my opinion.
Nov 12, 2007 12:22 AM

Sep 2007
cyruz said:
Sobzob said:
Shana made so many great faces.
Exactly my thoughts. :D
Agreed, for the first time ever, she actually looked attractive to me.
daniel89 said:
Enough of the romance already.......Shakugan no Shana suppose to be a action + little bit romance anime..not a romance anime + little action...S2 concentrate too much on romance...me want action...
MM805 said:
Thank God the Konoe arc is over... it was a terrible way to start off Shana II in my opinion.
Hopefully the plot will really start in episode 7. -_-;

Nov 12, 2007 12:23 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
roysen said:
cyruz said:
roysen said:

I know they're on lots of projects. :p I just got too much accustomed to getting the next episode the same day every week.
No offense, but go check out the latest posts in the Shana topic at SS' forum and get an idea of how much work goes into this, the release was only a few hours 'late'.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 12, 2007 5:54 AM

Oct 2007
Great episode :D the washing up part was funny XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2007 1:22 PM

Oct 2007
It was an OK episode but I'm getting tired of the same old love pentagon, with barely any development in the actually story what so ever. What is more annoying is how dense Yuuji can be and judging from the next episode preview, we won't be having any decent action for a while. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2007 2:55 PM

May 2007
Yuuji = wall
Finally this series is going somewhere. And not to mention margery daw finnaly did something really usefull. (Those drunk scenes, were hella boring...)
I really don´t care about action scenes, all i wanted was that Shana and Yoshida simply snaped-it out. Thanks to this episode im happy
Hecate´s clone finnaly did something useful. She tried to wash the dishes xD

Random thinking:
Nov 12, 2007 6:32 PM

May 2007
well, to tell the truth I'm not really liking this second season at all, there's one thing that i hate in animes, and that tis the damn depressing boring romantic drama, and shanna 2 has plenty of it, I loved the first season of shanna cuz of the action in the first place, and that konoe is so annoying, she's like the pet of the class, the dumb cat someone found in the street so everyone needs to take care of her, so fecking aggravating, there's also one thing that kind of makes me laugh, Yuiji not giving a sh*t about Yoshida, he's obsessed with taking care of the class pet and worrying about shanna not talking to him and yoshida just gets tossed aside, I really hope she develops feeling towards ike, I'm starting to feel bad about her.

I'm just gonna finish this season cuz I liked the 1st one.
Nov 12, 2007 9:39 PM

Aug 2007
It was good, but so far it's not as good as the first season. At least Shana has finally stopped acting so immature. If I didn't have to wait a week between episodes I would probably like this season better.
Nov 13, 2007 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
Huahh... when is the action going to start >_<
Been waiting since episode 2 & even that was quite short.

Come visit my dA account: http://yanagitakeshi.deviantart.com
Come visit my city here: http://brave-willow.myminicity.com/
Like dinosours? Sign up & play here: http://www.dinoparc.com/?ref=Takeshi
Nov 13, 2007 9:20 PM

Oct 2007
Jesus christ, It's getting on my nerves!>_<
What happend to the Shakugan no Shana from the first season? This is just crap, filler after filler, no plot, just 20 minutes of pure nothing =_=
Please show us some story development!
Nov 13, 2007 11:08 PM

Jun 2007
The story is developing, there just isn't any action or new Tomogaras. I like how they aren't catering to people suffering from ADD and developing Shana & Cast emotionally (as well as physically, Yuji!) Which could foreshadow some terrible things to come.

Nov 16, 2007 12:06 AM

Jun 2007
episode was ok.

from all the people that could have ended this arc, margery was the last person i would have thought of..
she is my hero, for helping us get more shana and yuji together

next episode doesnt look interesting, rather, boring...
yoshida doesnt grow in me... really...

i dont mind the romance and all... but... the jealous reaction was really over the top...

as i said before, we are finally going to see shana take some action!
Nov 16, 2007 2:55 AM

Sep 2007
Where is the action? I want the action, even though I like a bir romance, I'm startig to miss the action in this show..
And I don't understand why both Shana, Yoshida and Kokonoe have to be in love with Yuuji. I personally don't think he's that amazing. And, I feel sorry for yoshida who are totally forgotten by Yuuji, really hope for an Yoshida x Ike combination. So much better.
Overall a decent episode.. but I'm missing the action...
Nov 29, 2007 9:20 PM

May 2007
Looks like everyone took breath from that romance chapter. Thanks to a series of unfortunately events, I got to watch this episode just now.

I'm impressed with Margery's wisdom in love relationship. In just a few minutes, she had Ogata and Yoshida look up to her and that solved the whole jealousy over Konoe. And now I really respect Yoshida as she don't leave Shana behind. Last but least, the all-nighters study session could be symbolic to an upcoming event, which probably won't be a good one.
Feb 13, 2008 3:34 PM

Feb 2008
Sakai is still such a noob! xDxD
Can't wait him becoming a great Flame Haze considering his great power!

SunSirFeb 14, 2008 11:23 AM
Jul 17, 2008 11:41 PM

Apr 2008
i hope we're past all this jealousy business. + Margery got all philosophical!!!!!

Oct 12, 2008 12:16 AM

May 2008
its great that shana is finally back to her old self, but seriously, someone needs to shoot hecate in the face... forget yoshida-san, that was an old annoyance, but it seems like hecate was put back there for the sole purpose of screwing up the love web...
Jan 17, 2009 8:45 PM

Jun 2008
If I was Yuji, I would have falcon punched Konoe like 2 episodes ago.

I actually kind of like Yoshida now, although I can't tell if it's because she's being cooler now or if she just seems so mild in comparison to that imbecile Konoe.
GrmoJan 17, 2009 8:50 PM
Jun 5, 2009 2:42 AM

Dec 2008
I like those friendship/group eisodes of this shana season
it was so funny as shana failed in the kitchen XD
Jun 27, 2009 1:34 AM

Dec 2008
well, finally, shana and yoshina understand their own feelings now. maybe now they will be able to win over yuji's dull-as-fuck heart. it might be that engine he has for a heart. yeah he might as well be a robot.

don't really like ike that much. but oh well we'll see how it turns out.
Jul 17, 2009 11:14 PM

Dec 2008
At least there is some development in the shana/yoshida/konoe triangle....hope things continue to move forward.
Nov 6, 2009 8:44 AM

May 2008
Ah, I think that poorly designed drama is over now, isn't it? It looks like it.
Thank goodness. I'm looking forward to the next episodes a lot more now.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 1, 2010 11:55 AM

Aug 2009
Dishwasher fail :DD

Wonder how stronger Yuji will get in his lifetime >.>?
Jan 19, 2010 7:08 AM

Nov 2009
episodes like this make me feel old T_T.. It seems yuji's much stronger now than he was at the start.
Feb 6, 2010 11:16 AM

Jan 2009
Margery Daw giving love advice?! Are you kiddin me??

I really wanna see some action now... I'm not gonna say that I like/dislike this season, but I started watching SnS II because I wanted some good fighting that would make me forget

Aug 23, 2010 9:48 PM

May 2010
Soo... Yuji is being the dumb jerk and ignoring both Shana and Yoshida's feelings, so instead of Yuji realizing that he's acting like a freaking wall, instead it's Shana and Yoshida realizing that jealousy is a natural part of love? It seems like the moral of this ark is, Shana and Yoshida needed to grow up, now that they have faced their own faults, it's all good now, and Yuji didn't have to change one bit. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're getting character development for at least a couple of the characters, but if this anime keeps showing Shana being forced to constantly become more mature and develop in order to be with Yuji, yet Yuji never has to change at all, then this series is nothing more than a fantasy for emotionally stunted adolescents. At least with more fight scenes we're spared this poorly planned and executed drama.
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 9, 2010 6:46 PM

Feb 2010
where's the action? goddam
Nov 4, 2010 4:53 AM

Sep 2008
Yess, Konoe arc is over? And I still really don't like Konoe, but there were some really nice parts in this episode, so I liked it. :D And Shana is training with Yuuji again, and she and Yoshida seem like they're back to eating lunch with the normal gang... Well. Normal gang + Konoe.

Wonder if the real plot will start coming together soon?
Dec 23, 2010 2:07 PM
Jun 2010
That was so kawaii. I love Margery, she's awesome! Also, I love how Yoshida and Shana are "partners in crime" now. XD
Dec 23, 2010 2:13 PM
Jun 2010
I was emotionally touched. :')

I love Margery, she's awesome. It's great she finally got to talk to Ogata-chan. It was such a kawaii episode. I love how Yoshida and Shana are now "partners in crime". I think they'd be cute as friends. As for Ike... MAKE A MOVE ALREADY!!!

Also, I am 100% sure that Konoe is Hecate.
Sep 15, 2011 10:21 PM

Jan 2011
Margery gave much better advice than I gave her credit for--we're seeing a much softer side of her. Eita x Ogata looks like it is on, but Margery is wrong about Souta's feelings toward her--you don't give massages till your hands hurt out of a sense of admiration.

Was that smile and laugh the first time that Konoe has shown an emotion? Although she is undoubtedly part of a fiendish plot, it looks like she is developing as well.

Ike, man up and confess already! We need to clear Yoshida out of the way (gently) so that Shana can get her Yuji--her naive, oblivious, clueless Yuji.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 21, 2011 10:39 PM

Mar 2011
That was a nice slice of life episode, and I'm glad the Konoe arc is over.
Aug 8, 2012 3:09 PM

Mar 2012
Thank god that is over. 3 episodes later and Yuji is still a fucking idiot and it took Shana to be the one to make it up. I hope he gets beaten soon!

Konoe is irritating me slightly now as well.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Aug 10, 2012 3:26 PM

Jan 2010
You don't know how bad I wanted to flip my table because the idiot Yuji. Caption Oblivious. Can't wait till Konoe is killed of. Ruined everything. Then again, idiot Yuji probably doesn't have affection towards her since he treats her like a child.

Margery stole the arc with her little speech.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

212 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.