Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 16, 2012 6:56 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

It has officially begun!

Nice outfits, Fairy Tail! It's good to see all of the teams even Sabertooth. Eh, it's not that cool to see Raven Tail though considering they were a former criminal guild and all. But still, it looks like this game has officially begun and everything is looking good :)

Wb also Wendy although her crying is sad :(

Ha, Mavis is so cute there in the stands. I just want to hug her!
Stark700Nov 16, 2012 7:22 PM
Nov 16, 2012 7:31 PM

May 2011
The game begun.

LOL @ mavis simple mind there of accepting Jellal.
Nov 16, 2012 7:52 PM

Sep 2012
So, just an introduction episode, Mavis was so damn cute xD looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 16, 2012 8:02 PM

Mar 2012
Mavis was hilarious. I loved her ear movements.

Can't wait for the battle next episode and to see the new abilities everyone got and what kind of competition there'll be
Nov 16, 2012 8:10 PM

Mar 2011
Raven tails got some pretty gnarly looking characters. Don't read the manga so I wasn't expecting a B-team aside from the fact that all the b-team members were mysteriously missing from the crowd. Hope Mavis sticks around long term. Her character is great.
Nov 16, 2012 9:53 PM

Nov 2011
What a bad-ass entrance from the B-team! All of the members are stronger than the ones from A, besides Erza. Erza could replace Juvia or Gajeel from the other team and they'd win this for sure lol.
Nov 16, 2012 10:16 PM

Aug 2011
Never have I been so hyped up for a Fairy Tail arc before! I gotta say, having the B team was a great idea. I love how all the Raven Tail members look extremely evil.

The girl from Sabertooth has a great character design... what was her name? Yukino? I've only read a bit of the manga.
Nov 16, 2012 10:45 PM

Aug 2010
Caught a small animation botch with the coloring of Rufus' hair when he comes in. His hair is yellow, then pink, then back to yellow. lol

Awesome arc though and looks to be very entertaining.

EDIT: Just noticed you can see the mistake in the OP.
Nov 16, 2012 11:25 PM
Aug 2011
Animation/Art was horrible. Most definitely saving the budget for the future battles.

Chelia-tan makes her debut! I seriously cannot wait for her

Just re-read those chapters again.

DAMN IT ZORO NAKAI KAZUYA! Y U VOICE A PIECE O' TRASH?
Nov 17, 2012 12:12 AM

Nov 2011
MajorCrazy said:
Caught a small animation botch with the coloring of Rufus' hair when he comes in. His hair is yellow, then pink, then back to yellow. lol

Awesome arc though and looks to be very entertaining.

EDIT: Just noticed you can see the mistake in the OP.

I think the pink part is just the feather of his hat. If you look at the opening song his hair is indeed yellow then a long pink tail from the hat
Nov 17, 2012 12:20 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Andyis said:
Mavis was hilarious. I loved her ear movements.

Can't wait for the battle next episode and to see the new abilities everyone got and what kind of competition there'll be

This^

Great episode, hope Mavis sticks around long term, she's so cool and cute at the same time.
Nov 17, 2012 12:33 AM

Nov 2007
B team = overpowered and awesome. They better win this thing.

Raven Tail looks crazy. Surprised Ivan isn't in this thing.

Raven Tail, and Sabretooth with the 2 Fairy Tail teams should be the top 4. The Mermaid whatever and Cerberus whatever seem fodder.
Nov 17, 2012 12:58 AM

Apr 2011
I can't wait for the next episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 17, 2012 1:06 AM

Nov 2011
I know its not proper to say this of a long running show but..
This is probably the best episode i've seen.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 17, 2012 1:08 AM

May 2012
Pretty good episode. Mavis is awesome, hope she sticks around for a long time.
Nov 17, 2012 1:55 AM

Jun 2010
Mavis, Yukino, Minerva <3
Nov 17, 2012 3:45 AM

May 2010
So interesting!
Nov 17, 2012 3:48 AM

Nov 2011
Mira and Juvia got hotter in this ep!

Fairy Tail B will totally slaughter Team A, they have 2 S-class Wizard (Laxus, Mira), 2 former Phantom S-class Wizard, and 1 Wizard Saint. Team A only has Erza and Natsu, the others are disposable lol
Nov 17, 2012 3:58 AM
Sep 2012
Fairy tail B is like fan service for the ones that love this series. Mira will finally fight for real, Laxus is back, Jellal in action after 110 episodes and Gajeel and Juvia fighting together *.* Is just perfect. The only thing that could make that team even better would be Gildarts and Erza.
Nov 17, 2012 4:00 AM

Mar 2011
Awesome episode and OST,Mavis too cute,can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 17, 2012 4:04 AM

Dec 2011
I thought that Dark Guilds couldn't participate in Grand Magic Games.

Nice episode. For the non-manga reader, it was nice to see all teams.
Nov 17, 2012 4:59 AM

Mar 2009
OG-3 said:
I thought that Dark Guilds couldn't participate in Grand Magic Games.

Nice episode. For the non-manga reader, it was nice to see all teams.

None of the guilds are dark guilds. (They was before, but not any longer).
Nov 17, 2012 5:37 AM
Jan 2012
WoW!
two teams of the fairy tails :D
Nov 17, 2012 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
Does anyone know who voiced Rufus and Ikaruga (if she spoke), I've been pretty interested in who would voice them, but MAL still hasn't updated who it is :(
Nov 17, 2012 6:51 AM

Feb 2012
Shabluh said:
Does anyone know who voiced Rufus and Ikaruga (if she spoke), I've been pretty interested in who would voice them, but MAL still hasn't updated who it is :(

Ikaruga was voiced by Shindou Naomi, as for Rufus I still don't know.

@OT: This episode was really good, loved the bad ass intro of FT B and Sabertooth, fun moment's with Ichiya and Blue Pegasus, and I can't wait for next episode, some good competition is about to go down :O
Nov 17, 2012 7:01 AM
Sep 2012
Anyone else get super pumped by the opening music track ( before the OP ) :) ?
Nov 17, 2012 7:17 AM

Jul 2012
Floross said:
Anyone else get super pumped by the opening music track ( before the OP ) :) ?

Yeah same here, this episode was probably the most epic in fairy tail so far, can't wait for the next episodes
Die the Desu...
Sentenced to Desu...
Great Equaliser is Desu...
Nov 17, 2012 9:58 AM

Oct 2012
hahaha, when Master Mavis (founder of Fairy tail) appeared i laughed so much
------------
WAHHHH!!! Makrarovs sons in it and Fairy Tail (B)!!!
big twist in the story...
------------
Awesome , intro for the next episode when they start to battle...
^_^

Nov 17, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
Nalpudding's (I don't even know how to spell his name anymore...) voice screams pedophile on so many levels...
Love how the anime adapted the entrance of all the guilds, it really did a good job.
On another note, why the hell is Jenny 5x more attractive in anime than she is in the manga? On another note (again), that OST at the very start of the episode is friggin' badass. Honestly, put that in a fight scene and you already made it awesome by default.
MachoGooseNov 17, 2012 1:31 PM
Nov 17, 2012 12:59 PM

Dec 2007
The change in OST tracks throughout the episode seemed choppy, like when they switch from the motivating team introductions to Raven Tail's dark intro.

Also, for those still wondering, Raven Tail isn't officially recognized as a Dark Guild, that's why they could participate (even though they really are a Dark Guild).

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Nov 17, 2012 1:12 PM

Dec 2011
Bam! Finally the start of the Daimatou Enbu! Cannot wait!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2012 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
Ramkec said:
Shabluh said:

@OT: This episode was really good, loved the bad ass intro of FT B and Sabertooth, fun moment's with Ichiya and Blue Pegasus, and I can't wait for next episode, some good competition is about to go down :O

Wait....Ikaruga...?
You guys mean
right?
Nov 17, 2012 2:38 PM

Apr 2011
Go Fairy Tail!!!!!

Can't wait for the game to start.
Nov 17, 2012 3:03 PM
Jul 2012
So the games finally start! Wendy is soo cute even when she's crying.

I just noticed but Fairy Tail has awesome BGM
Nov 17, 2012 3:12 PM
Jun 2012
<3 it when Mavis was in the stands cheering for Fairy Tail~
Nov 17, 2012 3:17 PM

Feb 2012
SadTreeButler said:
Ramkec said:
Shabluh said:

Wait....Ikaruga...?
You guys mean
right?

Dunno for sure, but he said Ikagura, and Ikagura is that girl with sword that Erza fought back in Tower of Heaven arc.

If he is interested in Kagura, then she's voiced by Saori Hayami.
Nov 17, 2012 3:27 PM
Aug 2011
JavierR said:

>Almost 2013
>Only noticed now FT has awesome bgm.

.....Dude?
Nov 17, 2012 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
Mavis her character just blends in perfectly with all the other characters of the guild creating the kind of funny moments that fairy tail is known for. I hope she'll stick around for a long long time, I wouldn't mind her staying for another episode or 50 or her popping up a few times in later arcs.

Also the B-team was pretty surprising despite them being in the op.

Can't wait to see how this'll unfold itself.
Nov 17, 2012 3:40 PM
Jul 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
JavierR said:

>Almost 2013
>Only noticed now FT has awesome bgm.

.....Dude?

hey i only started watching fairy tail in like september. It just clicked im a bit slow though when it comes to these things
Nov 17, 2012 4:00 PM
May 2010
I would actually love to see Mavis in action!!! Love how she like the current master also concerns more about winning than any odds.
jimmy2027Nov 17, 2012 4:13 PM
Nov 17, 2012 5:24 PM

May 2012
I am totally rooting for the Fairy tail team B!!! Wow..their line up is really cool... this is an exciting arc!
Nov 17, 2012 5:36 PM

Sep 2009
so, an opening episode. Next one is going to be awesome

btw, does anyone know the name of the song that plays at the very start of the episode before the opening theme begins?

is the ost out or?
Nov 17, 2012 8:47 PM

Feb 2012
mystik said:
The Mermaid whatever and Cerberus whatever seem fodder.

Don't underestimate Mermaid Heel's Kagura Mizukachi. She's powerful ;P

She's by far one of my favorite Characters in this arc.

Aside from that, Bacchus From Cerberus is Powerful too ;P

This episode is by far the best ep in FT's history. The intros/entrance of the guilds were just epic. the bgm's were so good. loved it~ Fairy Tail B having the most bad ass entrance of all the teams.
Nov 17, 2012 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
Fairy Tails B team definitely had an nice entrance, way better then the A-team. But i wouldn't count out Natsu and co that fast. Both Natsu and Gray came out as winners against Gajeel and Juvia in the Phantom Lord arc. As they were on Tenrou too, Juvia and Gajeel don't get an advantage there, too, so why should the result be all that different? Juvia also didn't perform that well vs. Erza or Meredy.

Natsu also defeated Jellal (and so did Erza technically, she could have killed him, and he had to resort to tricks that are not possible in this tournament environment, it also won't work twice anways i'd think), who might even have to hold back to not accidently reveal his identity. The only real issues are Mirajane and Laxus, or more a matter of who fights who. I think that Elfman will not be able to go all out vs Mirajane, while she probably can if needed, so he might be better off fighting against one of the others, but the circumstances might enforce a match, which he doesn't have to win though.

Erza vs. Jellal (won before, only got defeated because she hugged him and he cast a spell without her noticing. Won't happen in a tournament situation)
Natsu vs. Laxus (while he always lost to Laxus, he did win against Hades, once Laxus gave him his power because he couldn't do it. Also the last fight, which was after this, wasn't a real one, that was just comic relief there)
Gray vs Juvia (won before, no reason why the outcome would change)
Lucy vs. Gajeel (she is usually displayed as weak, but she isn't, even without resorting to the "i win" spirit named Gemini. Remember that she fought a lot of strong enemies and that she does have a lot of magical power (summoning all spirits at once)
Elfman vs. Mirajane (hard to say, we don't know how strong Elfman got, but he should be able to hold out a while at least, Mirajane wouldn't want to hurt her "little" brother too much if she can avoid it).

If it's a group fight and Erza and Gray can finish their fights fast, it would be in favor of Team A, with 1vs1 it will be more difficult.

Anyways. Loved Mavis there. Especially the hair twisting when pondering about whether to approve of Jellal, and the wings going up when Makarov mentioned "wizard saint". Hope she stays around a bit. I wonder though: Is Mavis actually the strongest wizard present? No guild master so far was portrait as weak, on the contrary, they are way stronger then any member, so it's safe to assume Mavis is strong even without resorting to the Fairy spells. Which she likely invented, her being the first guild master. She also can walk around and even cast (extremely powerful) spells despite being dead.

She might easily mop the floor with the teams participating there. As she isn't guild master anymore, she would (more or less, seeing that she is dead etc.) even be allowed to participate!
NwAurionNov 17, 2012 9:19 PM
Nov 17, 2012 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
^
Only guild members can see Mavis so she can't participate.

One thing I noticed, Cana is suspiciously missing
Nov 17, 2012 10:02 PM

Jul 2010
I loved this episode debut of many characters.... Chelia looks so cute!!
The animations for me was great!! I don't know what you mean (some people) that don't like it?
Fairy Tail Team B awesome entrance , Juvia and Mira looks awesome and Jellal dressed as Mystogan. Even better .... Mavis saying that he's not evil
Me going like yeah he's not evil , he never meant to be evil....
Sting looked like he was on steriods in his entrance ( big arms) but good looking
I love Rogue though so freakin hot!!!
But YAY!! The Grand Magic Games started!!
I will like the next one , but will feel sad at the conclusion....
Nov 17, 2012 11:36 PM

May 2012
FairyTail Team B!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2012 1:23 AM

Dec 2011
awesome episode!! though i know what happens since ive read the chapters :P

but seeing it animated is a whole different thing ^_^
Nov 18, 2012 1:34 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
NwAurion said:
Anyways. Loved Mavis there. Especially the hair twisting when pondering about whether to approve of Jellal, and the wings going up when Makarov mentioned "wizard saint". Hope she stays around a bit. I wonder though: Is Mavis actually the strongest wizard present? No guild master so far was portrait as weak, on the contrary, they are way stronger then any member, so it's safe to assume Mavis is strong even without resorting to the Fairy spells. Which she likely invented, her being the first guild master. She also can walk around and even cast (extremely powerful) spells despite being dead.

She might easily mop the floor with the teams participating there. As she isn't guild master anymore, she would (more or less, seeing that she is dead etc.) even be allowed to participate!

She's a ghost. She just "converted guild members' bond and faith to magic power", and used that power to activate Fairy Sphere. I dont think she has any magic power of her own, she can't do anything by herself.
Nov 18, 2012 3:28 AM

Nov 2012
Fairy Tail B Team was a great idea and a surprise. They owned Team A like they were nothing. Hah, just hilarious. Sadly, this episode was just an intro... Hopefully the competition would make things more lively
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

104 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 19, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 168 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

106 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 19, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

187 by Hayley2877 »»
Jun 19, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 162 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2012

86 by schmeep »»
Jun 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FireBallsDJ - Mar 29, 2013

394 by IzanaSolos »»
Jun 15, 1:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.