Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2012 7:54 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As some had predicated, Asia becomes the bishop of the group when Rias brings Asia back to life. I was a little disappointed that the fight ended a bit too quickly. At the end, we see another enemy lurking.

Ecchi wise, this episode sure focused on Asia's exposed breast quite a bit plus the usual panty and butt shots.
Feb 2, 2012 8:08 PM

Sep 2011
Ah boy; Why did I click this without watching episode. Anyways

-Watched it now, Interesting episode, liked it overall and looking forward for the next episode. A week sure goes by slowly :/
TyrelFeb 3, 2012 7:07 PM
Feb 2, 2012 9:15 PM

Oct 2010
Well Asia welcome to Hell's Clans. I though about it and decided that I would love to go shank a bunch of people from the Church and totally doing shit that amounts to this. Casting of Asia was bad but of all things to use her for this is even worse. Not only has the Church forsaken her but they assumed loads of shit.

The Church is really shown badly in this show. There 2 factions IMO, the good and bad. So far I see the bad and have yet to see the good. Sadly Asia has forsaken herself into a life of being anti-heaven. I really hope to see Angel guardians with their master. It would counter the shitty Fallen Angel with fake exorcist organizations.

Man I feel bad due to the shitty people who run the Church in this series. I would never cast off Asia due to a demon healing. Purgatory at most. That being said of Asia's Resurrection as a devil, I feel ashamed to how the Church treated Asia and that there was no choice but for Rias to do this. I would personally get rid of those people who treated her bad from the Church.

Apart from that I have to say that the following,

Was well done punch on that fallen angel. Put her into her place IMO. It was done good with SFX done right.

Now next arc is Phenix arc and in the following,

he is more bad ass and Harem King than Issei can wish to catch up to. Right now he has at most Koneko and Asia but this guy has lolis, yukata girl and loads of others. If you want to know more of Phenix of what to expect with no spoiling just informing in the spoiler
Suffice to say the spoiler says what it will be about with key resolution said.

BTW Some of Asia’s breasts in the BLOG (NSFW):
http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=681433
Now what I find that it was not stimulating. Crying + nudity does not get me anywhere near satisfaction. In fact it was plain as if it was not there. Better not do that too much as it has no effect other than realism.
Yumekichi11Feb 3, 2012 1:40 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 3, 2012 3:34 AM
Jun 2008
The phrase used by the Fried Chicken in the end was brilliant,as if the producer know what we(viewer) gonna say when we watch this .
「いい最終回だった」 It was a splendid last episode. GG

Anyway, I think the nudity kinda spoil the drama scene.I couldn't get my eye off those tits T.T"
Feb 3, 2012 7:39 AM

Nov 2008
Issei gave Uma what she badly deserved by punch her out the window, and Rias finished her off after Issei wouldn't fall for Uma's trick. Asia as a devil will be very interesting and the cake Akeno wheeled out was nice.

The nudity is a serious but enjoyable distraction. Hard to concentrate on drama with bare tits close by.

My god look at the harem in Yume's posted pic, it has everything. Issei has his work cut out for him against the harem master Phoenix.

5/5

Feb 3, 2012 1:38 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
My god look at the harem in Yume's posted pic, it has everything. Issei has his work cut out for him against the harem master Phoenix.
Like Raxius would say. Oooh yea! Pretty much Issei will have big trouble to get that harem right away but I am sure he has other things that will blow out Phenix. We shall see. The guy looks nasty and I read the manga that Issei will have a shit hard time against him apparently. So it could make loads of nice action coming up. Drama perhaps too I would guess.

Yeah the fan service in all did not do anything to me but sadly neither did the drama. Since both did not mix I chose to be more neutral towards both except ranting over the Church's ways in this series. Cause they are damn rotten IMO.

Feb 3, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2009
Loved Issei's crying! =3
Feb 3, 2012 2:52 PM

Dec 2011
Yes! Asia is back and a devil. This show just got better.
Feb 3, 2012 3:30 PM

Feb 2008
i cant stand the chunky animation....its just not very intuitive. as one would expect from a show that only lures people by T&A
Feb 3, 2012 3:47 PM

Dec 2010
Very predictable ending but enjoyable all the same; Glad that she finally got what was coming to her; seems like the "Harem King" is the next antagonist; i wonder if they will make that the last arc by dragging it out or if there will be another story somewhere in there. Well in any case the story is slowly but surely improving, looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Feb 3, 2012 4:09 PM
Jan 2012
Damn, AT-X is changing the plot. I don't remember that "guy" and the bird being mentioned at the end of vol. 1 of the light novel.
Feb 3, 2012 4:26 PM

Jul 2009
Oh blah. Too much crying from MC, fight was lame, and ecchi no longer is creative (where's the episode 1 quality ecchi?!).

I think the manga handled a better job.
Feb 3, 2012 5:48 PM

Apr 2011
great ep really enjoyed it
but I agree that boob kinda ruined the drama.
Feb 3, 2012 6:03 PM

Oct 2010
metaphysicx92 said:
Damn, AT-X is changing the plot. I don't remember that "guy" and the bird being mentioned at the end of vol. 1 of the light novel.
It happens later on. They rushed it faster I guess.

Feb 3, 2012 6:06 PM

Mar 2011
Loved the episode !
Fantastic action scenes and Issei's arm is soo badass !
The part when Asia was stiff and basically dead was a bit thrown off by the brief nudity shown by her boob sticking out... Issei made it soo dramatic.. he could have at least covered her up a bit..
lmfao seems like Issei is worth 8 pawns ? very interesting.
Asia sooo digs Issei is unbelievable to not notice.
Can't wait for more action in episode 6!
I wonder who the character in the last scene was....

Feb 3, 2012 6:08 PM
Dec 2011
kisami said:
i cant stand the chunky animation....its just not very intuitive. as one would expect from a show that only lures people by T&A

I'm not sure really sure if this what you're talking about or not (I haven't seen ep 5 yet ), but for ep4 the first 2 releases looked really bad as if they were missing frames, but the next day 2 other versions came out and looked much better. The choppy versions were hadena and subdesu.
Feb 3, 2012 6:16 PM

May 2011
Fight wasn't bad, just a little short for my taste. Everything else was good, though. The nudity didn't really do much since they were too busy crying and whatnot, but it was a reasonable idea, I guess.

Lol, that new guy's gonna show Issei what it means to be a real harem king. I can't wait. xD
Feb 3, 2012 6:25 PM

Aug 2010
This episode was pretty good even if all the fighting merely consisted of shots of tits and ass.
Feb 3, 2012 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
Im gonna have to agree with everyone about the drama... No matter how dramatic it got, the exposed breast ruined any sense of sympathy.
Feb 3, 2012 6:53 PM

Nov 2009
There is alot of cliche in this, but I absolutely love it. Even if this had no ecchi at all in it I'd still be hooked. I love all the demons.

Koneko <3!!
Feb 3, 2012 6:58 PM

Jul 2010
Not trying to spoil anything, but has NO ONE realised yet that the church Asia was in was a HERETICAL church that serves the fallen angels? She was expelled from the official one, remember? Hence, this anime doesn't portray the church as evil,it's just that characters from the official church hasn't shown up yet.

Feb 3, 2012 7:01 PM
Jun 2008
well oh boy i guess yep indeed ding dong the ex is blown-up to feather!!!

indeed payback did came true yet issei finally beat the ex even he got both legs got speared still powerful to checkmate the ex.

yea the ex trying pull a begging there an old saying fool me once shame on me fool me twice shame on you yep indeed issei won't get fooled again so he let rias blow-up the ex to feathers.

indeed yep sweep the broom on the feathers for the na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye.

also nun live again but now one of the devil aka the bishop.

oh issei so powerful he worth all pawns combine yep it all hurray yet also cake to have.

but wait we got bigger fish to fry coming up indeed someone is watching them.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 3, 2012 7:29 PM

Jun 2010
Anyone notice that they rushed this episode or is it just me? I shouldn't have read the light novel. It feels like they rushed it. They talked in the entire episode. There was not 5 seconds of no talking. Either way I liked this episode.

Looks like we have a in between episode before we go to the Phenex Arc.

Feb 3, 2012 8:13 PM

Nov 2007
darthfanta said:
Not trying to spoil anything, but has NO ONE realised yet that the church Asia was in was a HERETICAL church that serves the fallen angels? She was expelled from the official one, remember? Hence, this anime doesn't portray the church as evil,it's just that characters from the official church hasn't shown up yet.

actually it does by expelling her for healing someone they don't agree with they proved the church asia was originally part of was no more better than the one in issei's town
Feb 3, 2012 8:23 PM

Oct 2010
darthfanta said:
That's what I though at first the exorcist was from but it's a whole other Church organization? Wow! I must say that is interesting. Well then the real Church people, can't wait to see those. At least around the episodes 8 or 9.

Feb 3, 2012 9:04 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
]That's what I though at first the exorcist was from but it's a whole other Church organization? Wow! I must say that is interesting. Well then the real Church people, can't wait to see those. At least around the episodes 8 or 9.
The exorcist was also expelled from the real Church for unnecessary violence. As for the people from the genuine church, they don't really show up until volume 3, in Kiba's story. But given the pace of the anime, I don't know if they really will show up in this season.

Feb 3, 2012 9:09 PM
May 2011
darthfanta said:
Yumekichi11 said:
]That's what I though at first the exorcist was from but it's a whole other Church organization? Wow! I must say that is interesting. Well then the real Church people, can't wait to see those. At least around the episodes 8 or 9.
The exorcist was also expelled from the real Church. As for the people from the genuine church, they don't really show up until volume 3, in Kiba's story. But given the pace of the anime, I don't know if they really will show up in this season.
I agree I don't think they will show up and if they do it will probably be at the end kind of like a precursor to a new season like what they did with the new magical girl in kore wa zombie desuka.
but then again 7 episodes for vol 2 is a bit much unless they do 6 plus a bonus episode based on some of the short stories they print in dragon magazine. But I don't know at this point it's anyone's guess.
Feb 3, 2012 9:38 PM

Oct 2011
A little bit rushed if you ask me..
Geez, I feel that there was too much crying in this episode. I'm not the biggest fan when it comes to tears :x

And I couldn't help but say "Man, Can't they cover that one boob? Or just show them both? One or the other xD" I just don't understand why it bothered me so much. And Asia is passed out, oblivious to the fact one boob is hanging out xD

And in the end, when "Yuma-chan" was practically begging for her life, I was chanting: "Punch that bitch! God damnit, punch her!" Stupid Issei >.<
NinjaNeachyFeb 3, 2012 9:43 PM
Feb 3, 2012 9:59 PM

Jan 2012
NinjaNeachy said:

And in the end, when "Yuma-chan" was practically begging for her life, I was chanting: "Punch that bitch! God damnit, punch her!" Stupid Issei >.<

Lol. I was saying the same thing.

Feb 3, 2012 10:02 PM

Dec 2011
I loved the episode... So glad Asia survived, and now she is a devil....

No need for ecchi, but it is sure a nice addition... :D
Feb 3, 2012 10:15 PM

Jan 2011
that ending scene made this episode for me the rest was meh.
Feb 3, 2012 10:58 PM

May 2011
Wow at the end just... wow! Looks like Issei is gonna need a few tips from "The Capturing God" Keima on how to become a harem king. When Reinare turned into Yuuma before Rias killed her, it was just cold... very cold to mess with a guy's emotions like that since she was his first gf.

Great episode I enjoyed it a lot

Feb 3, 2012 11:13 PM

Oct 2010
Hashida said:
NinjaNeachy said:

Yeah because we all know she was being deceiving and that deserves another Falcon punch.

Feb 3, 2012 11:28 PM

Apr 2011
It would have been nice if Issei grope Yuuma-chan's breast before
letting Rias-senpai finish her off.

But that's just me.
Feb 3, 2012 11:40 PM

Aug 2011
I am pleased, yet more so then I want to be ಠ_ರೃ
If only they toned down the almost constant breast exposure to lighten the mood...
Depending on how things continue from here, I may need to make room on my favorites list.

Feb 4, 2012 12:00 AM
Dec 2011
Yeah I'm in the same boat, even though ecchi humour is the best humour for me, I think they could tone down all the nudity. Makes it harder to recommend to people without them thinking I'm a perv.
I'm watching the Hadena 720p release now and once again it's at a weird frame rate. Looks terrible on my TV! I'll re-download the better version tomorrow (Hiryuu or Shikkaku release). Hadena and subDesu versions are great because they're posted early but I don't want to keep them in my collection :-P
Feb 4, 2012 1:06 AM

Sep 2009
I'm glad Asia is back. I would have liked for Asia to become Issei's personal servant, but I guess that's asking too much.
Feb 4, 2012 1:12 AM

Sep 2010
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY ED?!
Feb 4, 2012 1:36 AM

Feb 2009
A bit too much talking and Asia's breasts were kinda distracting but overall a great episode. The music was really good at some parts. And fuck yeah Raiser at the end.
Though I'm not sure about the next episode if it's canon or not. They may just be lengthening the random job parts of the beginning of vol2 before things start rolling. Oh well. I figured we're short one episode to fit vol2 in here so yeah.
Feb 4, 2012 3:10 AM
Nov 2011
"Boy meets a girl. this must be destiny. Study study. Love's unpredictable. Boy meets a girl. lets get together and begin." - outro. That pretty sums up what i think of Issei and Asia
Feb 4, 2012 3:29 AM
Jun 2008
During the preview, they show up Miru-tan !!! OMG she was so cute.I thought the Anime cut her off from the original .She remind me of Siesta's father >.<"

Magito said:
It would have been nice if Issei grope Yuuma-chan's breast before
letting Rias-senpai finish her off.

But that's just me.
if I am not mistaken, he wish to grope her breast before when Yuma first kill him a few episode ago lol.
Feb 4, 2012 4:01 AM

Jul 2009
I'm just glad he finally managed to muster some power and defeat someone.
Was looking rather bleak there for a while^^
Feb 4, 2012 4:53 AM

Feb 2008
Was a bit sad at the end when the ending song started. SubDESU's subs really ruined the episode for me. Demon demon demon and the karaoke for the ending during an actual scene. Why would anyone need karaoke during a scene? At least now I know which groups to skip.

The episode was great. Too bad they cut Freed out. He appeared during the fight and had some lines in the novel. But oh well.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 4, 2012 5:04 AM

Oct 2011
gotta admit this show has me hooked - just keeps getting better with every episode - this episode, along with (of course) great fan service, also was genuinely moving - also animation is amazing!
Feb 4, 2012 7:46 AM
Aug 2011
"God, please forgiv- OW! Headache!" That has amazing potential as a running gag, but even if it was a one-shot, it got a good laugh from me.
Feb 4, 2012 7:51 AM

Jun 2011
i really liked this episode
nice
Feb 4, 2012 8:33 AM

Nov 2009
I... liked it.
Feb 4, 2012 8:35 AM

Aug 2010
This episode is sooo cheezy and soo cliched but for some odd reason i actually enjoyed it that I didnt even noticed the episode was about to end.The fanservice and nudity didnt mind me at all,maybe I got used to it already.

4/5 coz they didnt show the ED

@bakuramariks

I cant stop staring at your avatar, dont torture me like that please
VahnerisFeb 4, 2012 8:39 AM
Feb 4, 2012 10:11 AM

Jan 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Hashida said:
NinjaNeachy said:

Yeah because we all know she was being deceiving and that deserves another Falcon punch.

Falcon punch. :]

Feb 4, 2012 10:41 AM
Aug 2010
WOW, I always knew anime had terrible dialogue but this was just abysmal!

The MC is literally bawling his eyes out for a girl he met and knew for about ONE WEEK.

Oh and you gotta love how the "antagonist" mocks the MC instead of you know....KILLING HIM before he does his shounen hax, or before his friends come to the rescue.

But I guess anime villains will always be the stupidest people ever imagined.

I give up on trying to seriously pay attention to this anime, the utter stupidity can not be undone.
ichig0fanFeb 4, 2012 10:45 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

34 by sportzfytvapk »»
Sep 22, 12:15 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 5, 2012

275 by eend101 »»
Sep 17, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Rias vs. Akeno thread

emryuu - Aug 29

35 by melody_melon23 »»
Sep 8, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2012

321 by Spat1o »»
Sep 4, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 26, 2012

156 by Norelphy »»
Sep 4, 12:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.