Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2011 7:14 PM

Feb 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well great anime overall. episode was 5/5 and hopefully that hand was kazumas lol
Sheepshaman.png
May 20, 2011 12:13 AM
Dec 2008
so in the end kazuma wins
Jul 27, 2011 7:00 AM

Aug 2008
Obviously Kazuma won the fight. The only proof you need to see is Kazuma clutching his fist like he has done since episode one. Since when does Ryuho do that? This is Kazuma the fucking Shell Bullet! If you think otherwise, seek help. This was a great final battle. At least the ending was good.
Nov 16, 2011 3:43 AM

Sep 2009
I didn't expect I'd enjoy this series as much as I did...

As predictable as it was, Scheris's death was still pretty damn sad. I cried a bit during that scene. ;_; She was the only female character I liked during the whole series...

And Straight Cougar is pretty awesome ! He was my favorite character of the show. I liked his philosophy :D "the faster you do one thing, the more time you have for the next thing"

As for the ending, it was just how I wanted it to be! One last awesome fight between Kazuma and Ryuhou to finally settle their difference and find out who's the strongest betweeen them. :D It's obvious Kazuma won, amirite? ;)
Dec 13, 2011 11:16 AM

May 2010
Pretty epic fight between Kazuma and Ryuho at the end, but I am sad that Scheris is gone, I truly wanted Ryuho and Scheris to be together, and if Scheris were still alive and got together with Ryuho, then the ending would've been perfect for me. Yep, I knew Kazuma would win the fight.

Character Favorites Overall: Straight Cougar and Ryuho(Male)/Scheris Adjani and Ayase Terada(Female)
Apr 25, 2012 2:35 PM

Jan 2008
The girs who was sleeping and seeing dreams was the only one Alter user. She is from other side. She had only dreams about others. Nothing like that has ever happened. She woke up and there was only the usual deep sea of black death around her. She closed her eyes and started dreaming again...
May 8, 2012 12:37 PM
Apr 2012
Ended exactly how i always wished an anime would end... it cleared up everything, even the main plot... the fight between Ryuho and Kazuma..

And its pretty obvious Kazuma won, never heard of Ryuho doing that fist clenching thing before, not to mention the marks that were on the arm.\\

My 2nd most favorite, ever. 10/10
Dec 2, 2012 6:53 PM

Aug 2008
liked this series but last 3 episodes were bad with deforming bodies recycled battles and that whiner Mimori how much whining she done in this show...
Jun 10, 2013 11:30 AM
Mar 2013
Why, why would they kill Cougar twice?!
; - ;
Jun 28, 2013 4:09 PM
Jun 2013
Selling my limited edition collector's set of s-cry-ed. Happy bidding :) http://www.ebay.com/itm/221247329864?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
Jul 27, 2013 9:23 PM

Nov 2011
Dat fight. It was decent I guess, at least it was done with fists and muscles rather than just talk. For a finale, this was actually a good episode. Overall series was meh to me though. I'm rating this a 5/10. It didn't appeal to me much.

OST for the finale was good though. Ending was shit.
Aug 10, 2013 8:33 AM
Oct 2012
i really liked this story overall a solid story but what was with the last epsoide? another battle between thesr guys was stupid when they are trying to protect there land? sorry that crese bought the farm i lliked her i did not care which guy was stronger they both wound up as losers if you ask me but overall a great story.
Oct 31, 2014 8:21 PM

Sep 2014
This is the ending I have always yearned for. After the big bad battle with the bad guy they show the conclusion of the battle. A fight with the mainland and an epic rivalry with the two main characters. They also show how powerful both of them are. Not like some animes where the main character unlocks his true power than fight with it for 2 minutes and the series ends. No, in Scryed was truly enjoying due to them giving me what i have always wanted. Although i did enjoy the ending i would of done a little more to it. Such as show how the lost ground has progressed after their independence declaration from the mianland. Like fast forward 10 years and tachiban is the current ruler or some shit.

Overall I enjoyed. I would of given it a 8/10 but i liked how they showed the rivalry and their true power in action more than 2 minutes so 9/10 works for me.
Jan 18, 2015 9:44 PM

Apr 2010
Awesome ending!! I'll miss you, SCRYED! :D

Feb 11, 2015 6:55 AM

Aug 2013
If only the characters in this show had their ages increased by four or five years.
Apr 24, 2016 1:20 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
So Cougar died from using too much power? Or was it the aftermath of getting attacked by Mujo?

This show was a little below mediocre. It wasn't exciting and engaging as I thought it would be.
Oct 21, 2016 2:35 PM

Feb 2015
Was a little reluctant on starting this, since I generally don't watch older anime, but this one was pretty awesome, and better than I'd expected. It gave me TTGL vibes in some places with the way it presented its action scenes and some of the speeches, so that was a good thing. Wasn't much of a fan of the OST, but I guess it could've been worse. Most of the characters were pretty cool, though I had hoped they would've developed Kanami a little more, she kind of stayed the same, whiny girl throughout the entire show. Main character was pretty fun to watch, and loved his endless, childish bickering with Ryuhou, lol.

Overall, 7/10. Pretty entertaining and nothing too big to complain about, but at the same time, failed to make a big impact on me.
Apr 17, 2018 7:04 PM

Apr 2015
MistyBlue said:
So Cougar died from using too much power? Or was it the aftermath of getting attacked by Mujo?

His fate is already sealed. His lifespan shortens every time he uses his Alter, after Mujo drains his energy and stabs him countless times.
Feb 18, 2019 8:53 PM
Dec 2016
Everyone is so quick to say Kazuma won but it isn't that clear cut. Yeah there was a fist that clenched and yes that is a staple of Kazuma however that fist also symbolizes victory. I believe the fight was a complete and utter tie. People forget that Ryuho also had those same lines running down his arm, now if we were able to see the back of that hand we could definitely see if it were Kazuma or not and they did that on purpose for the sake of ambiguity seeing as how it was a right arm and Ryuho's sleeve was ripped off of his right arm. Now if I really wanted to reach for Ryuho's victory he fell adter Kazuma which solidifies it.
Jan 27, 2020 10:06 AM
Jan 2020
I loved this Anime!!! But...where can you watch this nowadays? It's been 20+years and Sunrise Inc. Isnt very forthcoming with it so any ideas?
Oct 15, 2020 5:43 PM

Nov 2012
It was Kazuma who won. We saw a right hand make a fist and from the images I've seen Kazuma was right-handed while Ryuho was left-handed, plus the right hand at the end had the 3 splits Kazuma's hand had.

Their last fight was pretty badass but in the end knowing about it ahead of time is the sole reason I made it this far. Kazuma and Ryuho's rivalry was great but it was not enough to carry this show for me.
Dec 31, 2020 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
The first 2/3 of the show were terrific fun but then the show completely unimpressed me fell victims into predictable cliche twists and the conflicts became sooo boring. Felt like there wasn't enough story to tell for 2-cour and could perfectly end in single cour tbh. The villains were so stupidly boring and most character' powers were lame.

Honestly, the show ultimately nothing stands out really as a whole compare many other battle shounens and best to be forgotten.
May 24, 2021 3:43 AM

May 2020
Well, this show really committed itself towards their rivalry and for that I applaud them. Still wish we got a more conclusive ending with regards to the Mainland and the Lost Ground though.

This was pretty entertaining, if shallow. I had fun watching this but I'm going to forget about this in a week. 5/10.
TitanInsaneMay 28, 2021 1:17 AM
Jun 15, 2021 1:12 PM

Aug 2018
Welp, this show was FUCKING AWESOME. Why is it not more popular? It is chock-full of truly memorable scenes, characters and lines that should be iconic at this point.

I mean, at first it seemed somewhat generic but it gradually picked up steam, especially at the halfway point. That's when I realized Kazuma and Ryuhou represent masculine virtues of strength and determination. Near the end when certain side characters finally got their moment to shine is when it became clear just how good this show actually is at selling it's themes.

One weird and not-great thing about this show is the audio mixing. The voice work is way too low in the mix but the sound effects and music are really LOUD. Which only serves to highlight just how generic and uninspired the soundtrack is.

Speaking of voices, Kazuma's actor really puts passion into screaming his lines. Quite impressive. Ryuhou's actor also does a great job as a noble, virtuous, arrogant type of character. He did good in Little Busters as well.

It's just too bad that Mimori exists. She's the worst character I've ever seen in an anime. So stupid, so annoying, so useless... she steals so much valuable screentime away from more interesting characters. Why is she even here? It's almost as if the studio was forced to retcon the story to fit in some bland self-insert type. Mimori hurts this show irreparably and I was forced to detract 1 point because of her. I am SO glad Ryuhou rejected her advances!

9/10

PS: Fuck you, Mimori.

epidemia78Jun 15, 2021 1:30 PM
Oct 18, 2021 11:22 AM
Jun 2019
kbeeney said:
i really liked this story overall a solid story but what was with the last epsoide? another battle between thesr guys was stupid when they are trying to protect there land? sorry that crese bought the farm i lliked her i did not care which guy was stronger they both wound up as losers if you ask me but overall a great story.
it's a rivalry anime. So glad we got a fight like that. It meant everything
Oct 18, 2021 11:23 AM
Jun 2019
epidemia78 said:
Welp, this show was FUCKING AWESOME. Why is it not more popular? It is chock-full of truly memorable scenes, characters and lines that should be iconic at this point.

I mean, at first it seemed somewhat generic but it gradually picked up steam, especially at the halfway point. That's when I realized Kazuma and Ryuhou represent masculine virtues of strength and determination. Near the end when certain side characters finally got their moment to shine is when it became clear just how good this show actually is at selling it's themes.

One weird and not-great thing about this show is the audio mixing. The voice work is way too low in the mix but the sound effects and music are really LOUD. Which only serves to highlight just how generic and uninspired the soundtrack is.

Speaking of voices, Kazuma's actor really puts passion into screaming his lines. Quite impressive. Ryuhou's actor also does a great job as a noble, virtuous, arrogant type of character. He did good in Little Busters as well.

It's just too bad that Mimori exists. She's the worst character I've ever seen in an anime. So stupid, so annoying, so useless... she steals so much valuable screentime away from more interesting characters. Why is she even here? It's almost as if the studio was forced to retcon the story to fit in some bland self-insert type. Mimori hurts this show irreparably and I was forced to detract 1 point because of her. I am SO glad Ryuhou rejected her advances!

9/10

PS: Fuck you, Mimori.

yes fuck you, Mimori
Sep 17, 2022 3:13 PM
Feb 2014
Gar to the max. Binge watched the entire thing last night. Nostalgia factor definitely kicking in for anime like this, but it's definitely refreshing watching 2 guys wanting to beat the shit out of each other.
May 11, 7:30 AM

Jun 2020
Wow! This was one hell of an epic anime. 10/10 anime for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Scryed Episode 15 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 24, 2010

5 by Ae_Evolution »»
Nov 13, 2023 5:14 PM

» I think this series is a classic

Suzeray87 - Jun 12, 2023

3 by animesniper »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:58 PM

Poll: » Scryed Episode 23 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 2, 2013

9 by JonathanBrando »»
Nov 19, 2022 5:36 AM

Poll: » Scryed Episode 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 31, 2010

4 by JonathanBrando »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:34 PM

Poll: » Scryed Episode 1 Discussion

Fallenrock - Feb 17, 2008

11 by JonathanBrando »»
Nov 13, 2022 1:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.