Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 4:28 AM

Jan 2018
The first three episodes are streaming on YouTube. The 1st episode just finished streaming. Best girl Saki is here. Pretty good start. The pacing of the episode seemed fine. Really liked the OP too.
ARK-13Jun 23, 4:50 AM
Jun 23, 9:30 AM

Dec 2021
Ever since DomeKano, the step-sister genre hasn't had the best of reputations, that's for sure. So for a new one to come around there's something that's on everyone's mind. Will this be a wholesome anime? Or will this be another DomeKano...

Right off the bat, you can tell this'll be a different type of show then DomeKano was. I mean the episode starts off with them calling each other strangers in a sense. Saki's character already interests me in many ways. Whether it be that it boils down to her being just the type of person that's not good with new people, or "strangers" as she calls Yuuta, or her past, something is to be delved into and explore in her character.

Her character being a stark contrast from Yuuta's also makes for a rather well dynamic imo. OSTs for this show are also banging btw. That aside, Shiori seems to be a character that is legit just the fans that want something to happen lol. From what little bit of info we got about Saki's past, it does seem like her being basically alone most of the time is what lead to her being like how she is today. So when we do get her full backstory it'll be interesting for sure.

fhána's OP fits the show and isn't that bad of a song. Just nothing to crazy though.

Really strong start. Even though this seems like DomeKano on paper, it couldn't be more different than it.

Looking forward to see Yuuta and Saki grow day-by-day, together.
IzanaSolosJul 3, 7:44 PM

Jun 23, 12:53 PM
Jul 2022
Loved everything but the animation looked kinda off to me specifically those long shots where characters are a bit way from the camera looked really weird.
Jun 25, 6:33 PM

Jan 2021
WHERE CAN I FIND THE EP NOW?! WHICH YT CHannel I'm impatient as a LN reader 🤌
Jun 25, 7:24 PM
Aug 2022
Wholesome slice of life, no cringe drama, as if actually happened it real life, loved it!
Jun 28, 1:21 AM
Apr 2022
is it released already?
Jun 30, 4:28 PM
Jun 2021
Ustedes realmente tienen un fetiche con sus hermanas
Vayan a terapia, no es normal
Jun 30, 6:56 PM
Sep 2022
I enjoyed pacing and more grounded story.
Based on early score, it's not everyone's cup of tea but I loved it.
Jun 30, 7:16 PM

Dec 2019
Wish the animation was better but good start. Should be one of my favs this season since the books were so well done, baited me so hard with the premise but with out dumb gimmicks and fanservice nonsense in it, and real characters that already be showing up here.
Jun 30, 7:33 PM

Dec 2020
Finaly the first romance series of summer season starts. It gave of a pretty serious and deep vibes whatsoever. The thing I love the most is that how normal and realistic were the interactions not some cringe bullshit. Even tho Asamura agreed to be informal he got more tense than before xd. Ayase the gyaru stepsis less tense as usual
GeoXsf9Jul 4, 4:57 PM
Jun 30, 8:21 PM

Aug 2022
- The first minute or so with the monologues from our two main leads while a black and white montage plays felt so moody. Them talking about being strangers didn't alleviate this impression.

- "The sister becomes the target heroine of the protagonist, and they end up in a relationship. What happens in the fictional world is not the same as reality." Oh, really now? Will this series not have incest? Or is this just a red herring to throw viewers off track?

- The scene when Yuuta and Saki are introduced to each other feels reminiscent of My Stepmom's Daughter Is My Ex. Hmm. Most likely a coincidence, but still 🤨

- Yuuta being too polite towards a cute girl he barely knows feels totally relatable. Glad that Saki requested him to be a bit more relaxed towards her.

- The montage of the family unpacking things around had this melancholic vibe with the piano piece with female vocals. Which contrasted what was being shown on screen, which was much more lighthearted than what the music suggested.

- Of course the two stepsblings have to in the same school.

- I see Yuuta works at a bookstore. Lucky for him that someone like Yume Irido isn't his stepsister.

- "Nutting will happen" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Yeah, Yuuta's co-worker knows that something spicy might develop. 🙃 Him mentioning about "wicked thoughts" doesn't help.

- Don't know what's the deal with the end credits scene of Saki turning the lights out.

I wonder how will this series ultimately turn out. With the moodiness of certain parts of the first episode, will this be more psychological than your typical stepsibling series?

Considering how subdued the first episode was, I hope the series can find a balance between its serious and lighthearted moments. And that it does not become a bore later on.
Alpha-NineJun 30, 8:26 PM
Jun 30, 8:37 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty good first impression, but original was much better.

On a serious note, some people might be off out by sluggish pacing, but I'd say it's deliberate and works brilliantly, at least in the context of first episode.
Yuuta is going to live with a girl his age, which causes much more anxiety than something like asking a crush out for a date, so he will be very anxious at first, thinking twice or trice before talking to Saki and overall do his best in order to do good first impression and not seem like a creep. That's why pace was so slow and even soundtrack seemed very calm and mellow.
What sealed the deal for me and basically confirmed this theory for me is how Yuuta took a deep breath and made several second pause before knocking on Saki's door to inform her, that bath is free to use.
And Saki is no different. I like how she was flicking switches at the end of the episode, not being familiar which one is which, since it's her first night there.
PiromyslJun 30, 10:07 PM

Jul 1, 12:33 AM

Apr 2021
Not sure how to take this first episode, it was quite a mix of thoughts and feelings while watching.

At first it sounded like they were defending what might happen later, then it sounded like they said don't expect anything like to happen, including jokes about the "step-siblings" trope.

While the interaction between the new step siblings was so straight and flat, with them acting so similar, it made me uncomfortable, not relaxed.

It almost felt like neither one of then cared about life, they seemed empty and devoid of any youthful spark, like they were just going through motions of life.

This made the newly-wed parents more enjoyable to watch, they were playful and shined brightly with hope and happiness for their new life together.

Kind of confused on what this anime is aiming for with this start.

Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Jul 1, 1:09 AM
Sep 2022
Great animation waiting to see how the stroy progresses.
Jul 1, 1:32 AM
Jan 2020
Been a while since there's been a show that established it's tone and atmosphere this well
Jul 1, 2:37 AM

Nov 2015
So this is what a romance between two emotionally dead people looks like. Not great. These two kids act like they just got back from a war zone and have PTSD or are very heavily medicated. Hopefully the tone and atmosphere will lighten up as things go along.
Jul 1, 3:12 AM

Feb 2018
A step-sibling romance anime with an atmospheric mood? I wonder how this'll go lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 1, 3:40 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to ARK-13
The first three episodes are streaming on YouTube. The 1st episode just finished streaming. Best girl Saki is here. Pretty good start. The pacing of the episode seemed fine. Really liked the OP too.
@ARK-13 its on youtube? i can only find the first episode on 9anime
Jul 1, 6:13 AM
May 2021
this is so cute the animation and the vibe is amazing cant explain it hope it continues that way
Jul 1, 6:28 AM
Oct 2015
I feel like its far too slow and dragging out establishign shots or leaving very long gaps between people talking. Even IF this is intentional and by design (which derosnt excuse this btw) it doesnt work to the benefit of the show. It feels rather boring to watch even on 1.25x. Given the high score of the LN Ill continue watching but fuck me did this episode feel dull. It looks nice though.
Jul 1, 7:06 AM
May 2018
Guys please don't gatekeep this show and just tell us unknowing folks where to watch it 💀
Jul 1, 7:58 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty much just character intro and some exposition. They both look depressing and living life just for the sake of it. Watching his senpai at work is the most fun I had watching the episode. Her eyes are so pretty. The mother seems fun too but why is Ueda Reina voicing her? Feels so wrong with the type of character she's been voicing lately. Production seems decent. Always love fhána theme songs.
MegamiRemJul 4, 7:31 AM
Jul 1, 8:00 AM

Nov 2023
It doesn’t look bad so far. I’m looking forward to the next episodes.
Jul 1, 9:25 AM

Apr 2021
Alpha-Nine said:
Don't know what's the deal with the end credits scene of Saki turning the lights out.
I interpreted it as adjusting to her new surroundings. She still doesn't know which switch does what. It was quite charming to watch. Especially because I never saw an anime take the time to show us that.
Jul 1, 10:50 AM

May 2021
What a boring start. There's nothing to be said about this episode other than two people try to coexist while being shy-ish. Am not going to judge the whole show from first episode as slow start is probably on purpose. But damn did that episode stretch.
Jul 1, 10:56 AM
Oct 2023
I personally loved the first episode. It is very calm and realistic. Hope MAL changes it to "aired" soon. I want to add it to my "watching" list. 😭
Jul 1, 11:12 AM
Mar 2019
That felt more like a movie than an anime. Especially the direction and the voice acting. Like a lot of scene flow and "camera work" were more "film like", not anime.

Interesting take and I wonder how it happened.
Jul 1, 11:16 AM

Aug 2008
Looks like producers are trying to compensate run of the mill content with unusual visuals. Well, unusual for what it is. I got bored of the manga quite a while ago, there's hardly anything to say about it. At first there was a hope it will actually go into the topic of step siblings and tying to make something of two broken families, but in the it's just another boring romance. If anything, giving the girls voice only made her insufferable.
AntanaruJul 1, 12:51 PM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 1, 11:26 AM
Apr 2023
I can imagine intense love scene between two people with both straight faces
Jul 1, 4:04 PM
Dec 2020
comes off as pretentious
Jul 1, 5:15 PM

Aug 2022
utopica said:
I interpreted it as adjusting to her new surroundings. She still doesn't know which switch does what. It was quite charming to watch. Especially because I never saw an anime take the time to show us that.

Sounds about right.

And this is the first anime I've seen to have a full fledged scene just for this one little thing.
Jul 1, 8:26 PM

Jan 2020
I'm surprised this anime has a similar story to Tsurekano, but with much better characters + animation. Decent beginning.

Hopefully this one should be good enough for me to continue watching.
RaiYouJul 1, 8:44 PM

Jul 1, 9:10 PM

Jun 2023
Wow that was pretty somber
Jul 1, 9:13 PM

Jan 2015
watching paint dry
Jul 1, 9:31 PM
Sep 2021
Pretty good first ep. I really like the slow pacing of this show it fit the atmosphere very well and animation look really good as well, didn’t expect this considering it made by studio deen(Seven deadly sin season 3 and 4, re;monster). Additionally, this kinda gives the same vibes of oregairu, both mc seem very real and don’t make unnecessary jokes, and misunderstandings dont lead to stupid stuff. From the title, I was expecting it to be an another oreimo or domestic girlfriend, but seem like taking a more real life approach on it, with no bullshit, just a dude and his life with his new step sister. Overall. 7.96/10. Can’t wait for the next episode. For anyone in the US, Happy early 4th of July.
HaigenJul 2, 5:30 PM
Jul 2, 2:22 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good start.

The remaining question is now why would it be better for him to not get involved with her at school?
Jul 2, 2:43 AM
Jul 2021
Will they? Won't they? Of course they will eventually.
Jul 2, 4:42 AM
Feb 2023
why did episode 1 release ?
Jul 2, 2:01 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
The interactions between them were so awkward lol and that gloomy vibe felt out of place. The start was very unusual, like a movie.
Jul 2, 4:41 PM
May 2023
Seems like a slow mature take on getting to know someone new. It's always a bit awkward in the start and this episode captures that feeling very well.
Jul 3, 3:35 AM
Jul 2013
The music man the music is the true GOAT...

i love it so much... the rest are ok, and Yuki Nakashima as Saki is pretty good.
Jul 3, 7:34 PM
Jan 2018
Aside from the Russian rom-com light novel, this one was probably my most anticipated for this season’s anime! I know people are uncomfortable with the topic of step-siblings but personally I think this genre should be explored a bit!
Jul 3, 8:05 PM
Aug 2022
Lol this got out 😂 even before Television Broadcast.
Jul 3, 8:33 PM

Aug 2022
ZeusOpp said:
why did episode 1 release ?

It was leaked on the high seas. Episodes 2 & 3 were also leaked... though currently without subtitles.
Jul 4, 6:07 AM

Apr 2010
Honestly this is better than i expected.
The idea if classmates schoolmates becoming siblings isn't rare but what is rare is them trying to get an understanding about each other trying to sort things out in a calm manner.
Normally you see them fighting or competing in anime and try to keep things to a minimum in contact with each other and such.
This was pretty much the opposite when something awkward or embarrassing happened they laughed about it, for instance the part where the male lead fel and lifted up the bra in many anime this would result in the female lead will get angry but here she was laughing just like their parents.
It's really refreshing to watch.

It seems more realistic to me and i will be looking forward to the rest of the anime.
Jul 4, 6:37 AM

May 2010
I liked the ambience of the art style. Not much happened yet to say if this will be any good.
Watching Ep1 though, i feel like this should be watched at 2x speed. Everything felt sluggish and slow, it got tiresome.
Jul 4, 6:43 AM

Mar 2020
This was a fine premiere, and a show that I feel like will be one of those "Don't judge a book by its cover" type of shows, especially when people think of step-siblings these days, everything goes to the gutter. This show acknowledges that fact too, though I didn't think it needed to. I am quite interested to see how this goes, and the slow pacing was fine, as I didn't expect Saki and Asamura to get close right away, so I had no problems with the character moments. The presentation though, was a bit of a mixed bag, with really bland backgrounds and boring settings, mixed with a soundtrack that I hope doesn't overused to make things more sappy than it needs to be. Apparently production is already finished according to the original author and the director, so at the very least, it'll look somewhat consistent, even if the bar hasn't been set high with this one.
Jul 4, 7:02 AM

Aug 2017
Seems like a slow burn which I honestly don't mind but what was with that overly dramatic song around the middle of the episode. But at least another show I'll keep watching this season, yay.
Jul 4, 7:07 AM

Aug 2019
It's okay I guess. I think I'm just kind of burnt out on Romance shows atm, but this felt really boring. Idk I don't think I'll be sticking around for this one, but hope everyone else enjoys!

(Also I swear going by the title I thought this show was going to be very different, and I'm severely disappointed it didn't go down that route LOL)
Jul 4, 7:18 AM

Apr 2022
thought it was kinda jokes how they made fun of the step-siblings trope at the start but that's where the positives end for me. visuals and characters are pretty bland, i was getting really bored but i'm just watching for the same reason as most lol.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25

57 by 12yoHentaiCritic »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ARK-13 - Jun 23

104 by Komlan_6 »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

» The author's explanation regarding the reason why Saki offered Asamura her body.

ShiroHachi - Jul 18

44 by SgtBateMan »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gimai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ARK-13 - Jun 23

125 by RAPedroso »»
Jul 25, 1:09 PM

» Opening and Ending

ARK-13 - Jul 4

1 by ARK-13 »»
Jul 25, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.