Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 24, 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
Shion proving herself that she hasn't lost her touch since the previous seasons and still a badass. I also love her confidence this episode.

Hinata vs Rimuru has also been a match I've been wanting to see so it was great to see the two face off. Hinata's form this episode looks improved and her sword was even acknowledged by Rimuru. Best episode so far of this season imo. Rimuru's fighting style never ceases to entertain me.
May 24, 7:49 AM

May 2020
Keeping aside the very obvious fact of how Luminas shouldn’t have been interrupted in her activities, I found it very hilarious when these people didn’t even try to clear the misunderstanding out, when there were enough reasons and enough hints for both sides to do so lol. But we’ll take it tbh, if it means that’d result in some action, and not moving in the same circles of discussions yet again. By the way, so much for being crusaders or whatever cool term that was, when they couldn’t even fight Shion on equal footing lmaoooo.

Hinata versus Rimuru was supposed to be the highlight I feel, but didn’t feel like Rimuru was even taking it seriously, otherwise they telling Hinata actually is on the same levels of Rimuru when she herself concluded he and Luminas are equals just five minutes ago wouldn’t make a speck of sense. It was former though I guess, but most fucking importantly, we somehow got to know Hinata is programmed to express emotions in a way which isn't always stern.

She could laugh, yes(surprisingly), though that cliffhanger means there's a good chance we could see Rimuru taking Hinata's side going forward.. common enemy after all. Anyway, decent showing after a very long while.
Softhenic03May 24, 7:56 AM
May 24, 8:26 AM

Mar 2011
Oh come on, you can't end it like that!

Loved the episode, can't wait for the next one.
May 24, 8:37 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
having some action was a nice change of pace
but these weekly cliff hangers are killing me
cant wait for the next ep

May 24, 8:38 AM
Jul 2023
Shion is badass as ever, sure teach those crusaders don’t be too overconfident.
May 24, 8:45 AM
Jul 2021
pure garbage compared to other seasons
May 24, 8:55 AM
Sep 2015
This whole multi-layer political plot has serve its purpose, to give an excuse for a rematch between Rimuru and Hinata. I never think it'd take 8 episodes though, that's very high commitment.
May 24, 9:07 AM
May 2021
Ep was good stilll portrayed on what it is was like in the LN peak shit.
May 24, 9:07 AM
Apr 2023
Enjoyed the Shion Vs. Crusaders show-down, and it was funny to see her pushing back against them so easily 😆
May 24, 9:14 AM
Jul 2020
No more boring meetings. Here have nice annoying cliffhanger instead. :-D
May 24, 9:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Must be tough being popular huh. Rather than simply holding them back the Yomigaeri sure are doing well pushing the crusaders back instead. The fact that Rimuru can call upon reliable allies to back him up without question was a nice contrast to Hinata and the church. The battle between Rimuru and Hinata sure was top tier. But it was the last honest fight between that really made me smile. The seven days going for their last desperate strike was to be expected though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 9:20 AM
Feb 2022
Took em 8 episodes to reach the rematch of Hinata and rimuru. This time it'll be more of rimuru doing the winning not that Hinata ain't strong. Anyways loved the episode waiting for the next as a die hard fan would
May 24, 9:27 AM

Oct 2017
Shion hype! My girl completely crushed her opponents will to even fight. Love how far she has come, wicked oni. Benimaru and the others won too ofc. Hinata vs Rimuru fight was cool. Hinata looked pretty with her transformation. Rimuru won as expected but it was nice watching Hinata laugh, cute. What's Raphael upto though? Also damn that ending. I hope Hinata will be fine.
May 24, 9:28 AM

Dec 2021
After seven episodes of buildup, we're finally here… and the fight didn't even last the whole episode. Lmaooo. Though, at the very least the animation was stellar. Surprised me considering this studio is doing three shows this season including this one.

That cliffhanger tho.... Rimuru has to do something about these Seven Days dudes asap.

May 24, 9:34 AM
Mar 2016
Ended up enjoying Shions fight way more than the rest of the episode, and it took 8 to get here..
May 24, 9:35 AM
Mar 2015
Our boi wins but there is a cheat in Hinata's sword that won't allow this Hinata moves to block the attack and is skewered leaving us on the edge of the cliff
May 24, 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was too damn short, Raphael was already pretty independent and unique before evolving but now she is keeping secrets, plans and tactics, she is the endgame boss. I kinda wish that red haired dude would have gotten his butt kicked or worse, at least he lost an ear.
May 24, 9:55 AM

Oct 2018
Those animations are soo smoothhh
May 24, 10:01 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to Softhenic03
Keeping aside the very obvious fact of how Luminas shouldn’t have been interrupted in her activities, I found it very hilarious when these people didn’t even try to clear the misunderstanding out, when there were enough reasons and enough hints for both sides to do so lol. But we’ll take it tbh, if it means that’d result in some action, and not moving in the same circles of discussions yet again. By the way, so much for being crusaders or whatever cool term that was, when they couldn’t even fight Shion on equal footing lmaoooo.

Hinata versus Rimuru was supposed to be the highlight I feel, but didn’t feel like Rimuru was even taking it seriously, otherwise they telling Hinata actually is on the same levels of Rimuru when she herself concluded he and Luminas are equals just five minutes ago wouldn’t make a speck of sense. It was former though I guess, but most fucking importantly, we somehow got to know Hinata is programmed to express emotions in a way which isn't always stern.

She could laugh, yes(surprisingly), though that cliffhanger means there's a good chance we could see Rimuru taking Hinata's side going forward.. common enemy after all. Anyway, decent showing after a very long while.
Softhenic03 said:
Keeping aside the very obvious fact of how Luminas shouldn’t have been interrupted in her activities,

I feel like telling your god that one of her lackeys went to start shit with the one guy you were worried about is more important than... whatever she was doing burning herself in the nude.

Softhenic03 said:
I found it very hilarious when these people didn’t even try to clear the misunderstanding out, when there were enough reasons and enough hints for both sides to do so lol.

Literal seconds taken to say "Why are you fighting me?" would have cut this down to nothing, and Hinata would still have lungs.
May 24, 10:06 AM
Feb 2020
The fight that's been anticipated the entire season. Man it was great!
May 24, 10:12 AM

Jan 2018
The fight scenes were good. I think I enjoyed Shion humiliating those men more than Hinata vs Rimuru tbh. And I agree with the above comments. This misunderstanding could've easily been cleared if Rimuru just told Hinata what his original message was.

That cliffhanger tho. Hinata's not gonna die, right?
May 24, 10:13 AM

Feb 2019
Classic anime misunderstanding trope, but it paid off, giving us one of the best recent fights in Tensura. Hinata and Rimuru didn’t disappoint. 8bit cooked.

The pathway to hell is paved with good intentions, and Leonard almost found that out the hard way. Despite bringing an army in an effort to help Hinata, he almost made things much worse. Luckily Rimuru had told Shion not to kill anyone.. although treating people to Shion’s cooking is probably worse than death anyway 😭. Sucks buddy had to lose his ear to realise the gap in strength, but surely someone will be able to heal it back.

The Rimuru Hinata fight was so good, even though neither of them really had their heart in it, still gave us some cool moments. Also was a net positive since Rimuru unlocked the future attack skill, so in a way it’s good that Hinata pushed him. I like how it emphasised that while Rimuru has more raw strength, Hinata is more skilled and experienced as a fighter. Rimuru could do with a little training arc.

Crazy cliffhanger tho! Should’ve expected the luminaries to have a backup plan in case Hinata failed, but damn.
Marinate1016May 24, 10:53 AM
May 24, 10:16 AM

Jan 2018
2 episodes where to used to buildup for the 2nd round between hinatas and rimuru but The fight was underwhelming as well as the dialogue.

The ending though,.
May 24, 10:17 AM
Sep 2021
Did Rimuru actually sacrifice beelzebub? It was such a broken skill
May 24, 10:22 AM
Mar 2023
The person in the crystal should be female from her body curve and long hair.

So, we got Yuri in this series.
May 24, 10:28 AM

Apr 2021
I don't get it, why didn't Rimuru just say out loud what his message was?! There were so many opportunities, but all we got was his inner monologue. This was all so unnecessary. If a fight breaks out because of a stupid misunderstanding then I gladly could do without it. I feel no satisfaction on how this situation played out.

At least we primarily focused on Shions and Rimurus fight, and not five more which would've completely messed up the pacing.
May 24, 10:32 AM

Nov 2023
Finally some good action scenes.

Rimuru's companions showing off their skills.

Rimuru and Hinata fighted well.

Will Hinata dies? Let's see in nxt episode.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
May 24, 10:48 AM
Jun 2021
Finally some good action
May 24, 10:51 AM

Jul 2017
Fight could have easily been over from Hinata and Rimuru's side with just opening their mouths and communicating clearly when there was more understanding that something was fishy about the two of them fighting but hey, got to make most of it with the battle I guess. It looked fine. Slime's not been an anime that's had elite level action and this episode was no exception of that but it was serviceable enough. The other fights like Shion didn't really matter much, you knew how strong she was already and the revival only made her incredibly OP so the outcome of that was not surprising to say the least. She was confident and chill the whole time and for a 'monster', a lot more reasonable and patient than I expected compared to the Holy Knights that teamed up to take her down. Pacing wasn't great but still, at least a lot more watchable than being in the boring, musty meeting rooms with showing different perspectives of fights here and there. Hinata's sacrifice there to protect Rimuru being a cliffhanger is cool and all, but you know that it's probably just a feint and nothing more with how the series can write its characters after Rimuru and Hinata were more towards the same page by the very end. Still don't truly feel the Seven Days are buyable enough as a group to take down Rimuru or leave any long-term negative impact on Jura Tempest to make things a bit more interesting.
May 24, 11:00 AM
Sep 2021
Raphael use beelzebub to gain nullify attack skill or just spent a ultimate skill to ignore 1 attack?
May 24, 11:04 AM

Jun 2019
Peak episode. Peak fight. Rimuru is way too strong for Hinata but she gave him a good fight. Raphael Sensei is amazing. LOL. Looks like Hinata has lost and now that attack on Hinata makes things hard for them.

I think Rimuru will heal her. So, I won't panic too much. But, it is still a big cliffhanger. Can't wait for the next episode.
May 24, 11:18 AM
Feb 2016
WTF is this a I love Lucy episode? We have a slime with a brilliant "AI", and not a totally stupid Outworlder. Somehow they can't talk, but need to fight due to a misunderstanding/obvious third party plot... Wow. This is bad.
May 24, 11:30 AM

Apr 2022
THIS is where the episode ends?! What the actual fuck, I don't want to wait another week ;-;

May 24, 11:30 AM
Apr 2014
What the actual fuck was all of that? I survived through 7 episodes of Podcast-The-Anime on pure hopium but this is way beyond any salvation. Everything is bad: characters are all cardboard, world building is nonsence with "overwriting rules" and such, plot is nonexistant (yes, let's sacrifice belzebul because why the fuck not), animation is very strange (konosuba is okay with such drawing, but this is not a comedy you know).

Rising Shield Hero s2 got himself long lost twin.
May 24, 11:50 AM

Dec 2012
Wow, terrible/10.
All those meetings and now a MISUNDERSTANDINGU + HALT, MY InVInCIBLE SON memes.
Incredibly dumb and low quality.
May 24, 11:51 AM

Jan 2024
Peak Slime time
Shion is to op with her unique skill MasterChef, I rather see that arrogant redhead suffered more.
Rimuru v Hinata was decent as well
But they better show us those 4 fights with the crusaders next episode specially Benimaru & Soue or we riot
They went bit overboard with those meetings but now it's cooking
May 24, 12:22 PM
Apr 2022
0451 said:
The fight scenes were good. I think I enjoyed Shion humiliating those men more than Hinata vs Rimuru tbh. And I agree with the above comments. This misunderstanding could've easily been cleared if Rimuru just told Hinata what his original message was.

That cliffhanger tho. Hinata's not gonna die, right?

Maybe I would have worried about this wound if it weren't for Rimuru's healing abilities.
May 24, 12:31 PM
Feb 2021
RIP Hinata... but I have the strong feeling she's going to survive somehow.
May 24, 12:33 PM
Jun 2023
table Kun left but this shit never ends now we have misunderstanding kun,,, i hate these characters ,, dumb , brainless, fights without knowing what's going on, no character, cardboard cut out,, nice mc ( doesn't have brain, even tho he has Raphael, i don't know what happened),, hinata laughing?? why ,, I just hope she dies so that we don't see this shit hinata again,, she can't even control her own subordinate,, those church knights are bitcheass,,

even redo of healer has better plot then this , world building on paper ,, lesbian demon,,
May 24, 12:34 PM
Jun 2023
Memiru said:
RIP Hinata... but I have the strong feeling she's going to survive somehow.

she is one of the main character so, yeah, i don't think she will ever die until the show ends ,, because the way rimuru treats her even tho she is did many bad things to him,,

I just hate nice guys and brainless characters.
May 24, 12:42 PM
Jun 2023
lessfull said:
What the actual fuck was all of that? I survived through 7 episodes of Podcast-The-Anime on pure hopium but this is way beyond any salvation. Everything is bad: characters are all cardboard, world building is nonsence with "overwriting rules" and such, plot is nonexistant (yes, let's sacrifice belzebul because why the fuck not), animation is very strange (konosuba is okay with such drawing, but this is not a comedy you know).

what did he really sacrificed belzebul ?? i thought I heard wrong, I mean that was a broken skill tho??
May 24, 12:43 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Isak_Aaron
pure garbage compared to other seasons
@Isak_Aaron that fight was ass. Makes konosuba castle raid look like a masterpiece. They legit repeated random slashes for a solid moment
May 24, 12:46 PM
Sep 2022
Question - Does Rimuru still have Beelzebub or did he have to sacrifice it to survive? It wasn't quite clear to me.
May 24, 12:46 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like Hinata redeemed herself by saving Rimuru...I wonder what's going to happen to his unique skill Beelzebub now that it's gone...maybe have a saved copy backup? Looks like next week it's back to meetings again (I hope not) about the 7 old geezers behind the scenes.
May 24, 12:49 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to IzanaSolos
After seven episodes of buildup, we're finally here… and the fight didn't even last the whole episode. Lmaooo. Though, at the very least the animation was stellar. Surprised me considering this studio is doing three shows this season including this one.

That cliffhanger tho.... Rimuru has to do something about these Seven Days dudes asap.
@IzanaSolos the animation sucked. It makes konosuba castle raid look like a masterpiece. Overused flames, barely any sakuga, set pieces so bland.
May 24, 12:51 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to lessfull

@lessfull episode was pure ass. I thought konosuba castle raid was bad but this takes the car. Anyone still coping this will be anime of the season legit has room temperature iq. Bland set pieces, repeated slashing, barely any sakuga, poor sound kiting.

Even a video game fight scene against a random fodder enemy was netter.
May 24, 12:55 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to postblitz
Wow, terrible/10.
All those meetings and now a MISUNDERSTANDINGU + HALT, MY InVInCIBLE SON memes.
Incredibly dumb and low quality.
@postblitz very poorly done action episode. Barely any sakuga, no stakes, blamd set pieces, repeated slashing moment, out of wack sound mixing. Felt like i was watching shield hero all over again. Disappointment beyond comprehension. Even a video game fight scene against fodder was some better.
May 24, 1:09 PM
Jan 2024
after 7 weekly meeting i got some garbage fights and garbage sfx no way i aint dropping this shit
May 24, 1:14 PM

Feb 2014
The misunderstanding did strike hard here, but it did give us some really good action. Shion was hugely impressive with how she handled her side of the battle and made it look all too easy.

Rimuru and Hinata's own battle was very close, where it helped Rimuru gain a new skill to read his enemy's attack patterns ahead of time before they make a move, which will come in handy in the future. Still, how the fight ended was a nice spectacle and since Rimuru succeeded in withstanding her attack Hinata admits defeat, but with a laugh and a smile on her face. I hope we can see more of this side of her again, but I think that won't happened for a while, as she had to save him from an attack from one of her own sword moving on its own. I think that sword was the one given to her by the Seven Clergy, so here's hoping that they get their comeuppance Sooner or later.

Also, since this is me speaking, but I do want some more Milim screentime. I hope she appears again soon...
May 24, 1:49 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to YuriEmpress
The person in the crystal should be female from her body curve and long hair.

So, we got Yuri in this series.
That is, all this time we were fed the verey boring business meetings precisely so that they accumulated strength for at least several episodes of good well animated action?

@YuriEmpress Is that the only thing that interests you about this show? Also, if it's that important to you, given that Rimuru initially looks like a deceased female character and created a harem out of it, the "yuri" was there from the beginning.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is this show for kids?

ghier - Yesterday

8 by Xero_Tsukiyomi5 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20

60 by zeeroid »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30

96 by Darkzepheran »»
5 hours ago

» Help me manga readers, I want to know about the tenma war arc.

Hickykissy - Sep 23

7 by SATAN19 »»
Yesterday, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6

77 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 23, 9:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.