Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 14, 6:11 AM

Apr 2019
This yellow bitch is ruining the whole anime for me. Everyone knows that the humor in Kimetsu is bad and childish and the other characters aren't funny either, etc. but Zenitsu and his screams and creepy behavior make me want to hurt someone XD This is a higher level of pathetic. The 'jokes' with the blacksmith are also the same in every season, but at least he is a side character. How do you approach Zenitsu's behavior? I can bear it better when reading the manga, but in the anime I'm fed up with it. This is honestly one of the worst written characters I know in anime.

btw. What anime do you know that have quite good serious scenes but are ruined by bad humor?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 14, 6:19 AM
Aug 2022
Jollyne7 said:
This yellow bitch is ruining the whole anime for me. Everyone knows that the humor in Kimetsu is bad and childish and the other characters aren't funny either, etc. but Zenitsu and his screams and creepy behavior make me want to hurt someone XD This is a higher level of pathetic. The 'jokes' with the blacksmith are also the same in every season, but at least he is a side character. How do you approach Zenitsu's behavior? I can bear it better when reading the manga, but in the anime I'm fed up with it. This is honestly one of the worst written characters I know in anime.

btw. What anime do you know that have quite good serious scenes but are ruined by bad humor?

If your a manga reader than I’m sure your aware he literally has a wake up call at the end of the arc which makes him more cold. But still Zenitsu
May 14, 6:20 AM

Feb 2021
He is a lolicon, and we know this since season 1
So it's not that unexpected of him to do that...
May 14, 6:24 AM

Sep 2016
I just hope he falls asleep 24/7
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 14, 6:54 AM
May 2016
I think other characters are funny in many cases. Like Tomioka or in the latest ep Inosuke when he was trying to teach Nezuko his name.
May 14, 7:21 AM
Mar 2024
I know that Zenitsu can be lame sometimes,
But I feel like people overreact when he does his usual behaviour.

And if you felt that he is annoying or stupid it’s pretty much by design.

And about the humour in general, I don’t think it’s bad at all. Characters like inouski and Mitsuri are actually funny most of the time.
May 14, 7:27 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to Phantom_373
Jollyne7 said:

If your a manga reader than I’m sure your aware he literally has a wake up call at the end of the arc which makes him more cold. But still Zenitsu
@Phantom_373 he was only serious during the fight only to revert back to old creepy version of himself at the end of the series. it's not even charcter develpomnet....

May 14, 7:28 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to ktg
I think other characters are funny in many cases. Like Tomioka or in the latest ep Inosuke when he was trying to teach Nezuko his name.
@ktg Inosuke sometimes has funny moments, I think he has the most of them out of all the characters
May 14, 7:44 AM
Aug 2022
Jollyne7 said:
@Phantom_373 he was only serious during the fight only to revert back to old creepy version of himself at the end of the series. it's not even charcter develpomnet....

Yeah he does go back to his over the top self after, I think it was good character development imo letting go of his grandpa.

Regardless I understand fully why you hate him, he’s annoying af.
May 14, 7:47 AM

Jan 2021
I never once found zenitsu annoying. I mean I never understood the complain of loud anime characters like Zenitsu or Asta. I am watching an anime. I love over the top expression and some shouting so I don't find him unbearable at all.
Inosuke is the funniest character btw. Demon slayer isn't an anime that always makes me laugh like an actual comedy anime but Inosuke does put a smile on my face.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 14, 7:50 AM
Apr 2022
Inosuke is quite funny, Tanjiro also has his moments where you can smile but yeah Zenitsu humor is cringe
May 14, 7:55 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I thought Zenitsu wasn't that annoying at all, it's just humor in this anime is quite dry overall.

Hellsing Ultimate, I remember when Alucard and Father Andersen was about to face off, they were interrupted by Seras's unfunny humor scene. That anime shouldn't have had any humor scenes at all.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 14, 8:15 AM
Apr 2017
He might be annoying to you, but he is one of the best written characters in the show(which doesn't say much, but still). Rewatch episode 17 of S1 and you'll see. A lot of people seem to forget he acts this way because he was forced to risk his life killing demons because of debt, unlike the others he's not doing it because he wants to(until the next arc at least).
May 14, 8:44 AM
Aug 2023
This may just be me, but I do really like him as a character. I find his over the top behaviour funny, but I can still see why you wouldn’t lmao
May 14, 9:08 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to Yosakusan
He might be annoying to you, but he is one of the best written characters in the show(which doesn't say much, but still). Rewatch episode 17 of S1 and you'll see. A lot of people seem to forget he acts this way because he was forced to risk his life killing demons because of debt, unlike the others he's not doing it because he wants to(until the next arc at least).
@Yosakusan No one forced Zenitsu to become a demon slayer. Yes, his master paid off his debts and trained him because he saw potential in him, but no one forces him to kill demons and join the organization. It was his decision because he didn't want to disappoint the master
Jollyne7May 14, 9:12 AM
May 14, 9:13 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to Rinrinka
I thought Zenitsu wasn't that annoying at all, it's just humor in this anime is quite dry overall.

Hellsing Ultimate, I remember when Alucard and Father Andersen was about to face off, they were interrupted by Seras's unfunny humor scene. That anime shouldn't have had any humor scenes at all.
@Rinrinka O yes. Hellsing. this series has bad humor. Maybe not so much bad as always pressed at the wrong moment
May 14, 9:59 AM
Mar 2018
Jollyne7 said:

Well you know you are right. To me he is a bit ripped off of Sanji from One Piece. I also dislike his scenes and tend to skip them
May 14, 10:09 AM
Jul 2022
It might feel a bit too annoying now because we haven't seen him like this for awhile now.
May 14, 10:19 AM
Feb 2019
Aight so I know this ain’t anime or even close at all but to answer your second question the show I love most that ruins a lot of its serious moments with ill timed humor is That 70s Show lol I know “comedy” is half of the word sitcom but still, let those moments breathe a lil jeez damn
May 14, 10:25 AM

Jan 2011
if i remember correctly he wont get much screentime on the final arc
May 14, 10:59 AM
Jun 2014
Him and Inousuke ruin the show for me, since their introduction. I can't take the show seriously for the dire state the corps is in with their dying head of the family and their outmatched/outnumbered odds against the demons. This Anime been mid since it came out, but it's structured to appeal to the masses, hence its immense success.
May 14, 11:01 AM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
@Jollyne7 IMO I don't hate him but I don't like his character development in the manga. He deserved a better fight against Kaigaku (The most pathetic character in the series alongside Muzan, only good thing about Muzan is Toshihiko Seki and his design when he's not looking like Michael Jackson in S1). I believed that he should've gotten over his fears slowly and gradually over the series (the sleep mode is a cop out). But to be fair, you or your loved ones can be slaughtered by a demon as shown with half the cast's tragic backstory. So I can see why one would join the Demon Corps, so they can defend themselves and their loved ones.

Jojo Stardust Crusaders was already the worst part, but oml the humor makes me wanna die on the inside, a pity they keep doing Polnareff dirty in those scenes. That one scene with Advol and Joseph was the worst scene I've seen in an anime. Way to ruin a perfectly good character (Joseph), he sucks big time as an old geezer, oml.
May 14, 11:03 AM
Jun 2014
Noragami, Dororo, Ga-Rei: Zero, and even Saiyuuki are better demon-slaying Anime. So many more do it better than Demon Slayer.
May 14, 11:24 AM

Jul 2017
I wish zenitsu was perma asleep
May 14, 11:42 AM
Sep 2022
Jollyne7 said:

Just stfu and wait for the REAL good shit it the next saga
then you'll see why zenitsu is the goat
May 14, 11:43 AM
Sep 2022
MadanielFL said:
He is a lolicon, and we know this since season 1
So it's not that unexpected of him to do that...

🤨 ayo?
get that picture out of ur head of u think hes that
May 14, 11:45 AM

Apr 2021
Eh. I personally don't mind him.
May 14, 11:49 AM
Sep 2022
chaosnetwork said:
Noragami, Dororo, Ga-Rei: Zero, and even Saiyuuki are better demon-slaying Anime. So many more do it better than Demon Slayer.

its always the dororo fans that shit on this series 🙄
May 14, 11:56 AM

Feb 2021
Mr_Sai said:
He is in love with a 14y old
May 14, 11:59 AM

Aug 2018
Skipping whenever he's on screen is one way to do it...
May 14, 12:00 PM
May 2020
MadanielFL said:
Mr_Sai said:

isnt he under 18 too? iirc ,he is =)
May 14, 12:01 PM
Sep 2022
MadanielFL said:
Mr_Sai said:

bruh zenitsu is 16
whats the problem here 💀
May 14, 3:55 PM
Mar 2024
I am not sure why people hate on Zenitsu. (I don’t need an explanation so haters stay away, positive people are only welcome 🫶) Maybe the humor is childish to some but I love it! Sometimes it’s needed and appreciated. His reaction to Nezuko calling him Inosuke GOT me so good. Can’t wait for the next episodes coming 🥰
May 14, 4:07 PM

May 2014
I think the problem is both him and Inosuke are loud characters. I like it for Inosuke, but not so much for Zenitsu.
May 14, 4:10 PM

Apr 2020
Oh really?

That's a Hot Take. Never heard anyone say that before.
Hm. Interesting perspective.
May 14, 4:31 PM

Jan 2023
Honestly, I'll take more screentime with Zenitsu than with Muichiro.
May 14, 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
Unfortunately, Zenitsu might be the worst element of the whole show, and since he is a part of the main gang, he gets a decent amount of screentime. At least there are many other characters who are better, or at least less annoying, than Zenitsu.
May 14, 5:01 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to BitChilly
Honestly, I'll take more screentime with Zenitsu than with Muichiro.
@BitChilly If I was to pick the most annoying and insufferable characters from KnY, then Zenitsu would come first, with Muichiro taking the second place, haha. Kanao would come third. :P

Zenitsu and Muichiro are two sides of one coin of an annoying character. It's just Zenitsu is a loud brat and Muichiro is a capm brat.
May 14, 5:18 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to Adnash
@BitChilly If I was to pick the most annoying and insufferable characters from KnY, then Zenitsu would come first, with Muichiro taking the second place, haha. Kanao would come third. :P

Zenitsu and Muichiro are two sides of one coin of an annoying character. It's just Zenitsu is a loud brat and Muichiro is a capm brat.
@Adnash Yup, did not like him at all during SSV Arc. I began to tolerate Zenitsu after Mount Natagumo and afterwards didn't really mind his loudness but Muichiro became almost unbearable with how bratty and at times obnoxious he is.

Wait Kanao as third? How come?
May 14, 7:14 PM
Jan 2024
Zenitsu was a character I was holding out for the whole series. He’s the type of character that I wanted to like but just couldn’t quite bring myself too cause of how annoying he was. When I read the manga…at a certain point, I could finally be like,”That’s my boi! I was right to have faith in you! and I love him as a character now

Side note his annoyingness works perfectly in the KNY school manga
May 14, 8:57 PM

Apr 2022
yeah the humor in kimetsu is terrible but i don't think i disliked him that much before maybe because i got used to him at some point, but after skipping a season and reappearing in the latest episode again, he just seems unbearable.
May 14, 9:17 PM
Aug 2017
MadanielFL said:
Mr_Sai said:

he is 16 nd nezuko is 13 i suppose
May 14, 9:35 PM
Nov 2016
Zenitsu, this mother fucker is one of those anime characters that I hate with every fiber of my being, that blonde ear raping mother fucker almost made me drop this anime when I was watching it for the first time, I loved everything about S1 but the moment he appeared everything went to shit and I even ended up giving S1 a 6/10 because of him, otherwise I would have given it a 10/10 because I believe everything else was pretty good there.

I don't always hate that ear raping mother fucker though, I actually love him when he's sleeping since he becomes a badass so you can say I have a love/hate relationship with him, but dear god, when he's awake I FUCKING HATE HIM!

In short, Demon Slayer is a pretty damn good anime but it has some shit in it that degrades it a lot and that shit is Zenitsu, he even makes the boar guy look like a saint.
May 14, 10:10 PM
Oct 2020
Zenitsu, they could never make me hate you 💖
May 15, 12:25 AM
Mar 2021
not at all i love evry scene,u r just exaggerating because you are a battle junkie thts all,without those moments how cn u enjoy the entertainment..
Anime Rules the world
May 15, 12:57 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Naveen6662246
not at all i love evry scene,u r just exaggerating because you are a battle junkie thts all,without those moments how cn u enjoy the entertainment..

@Naveen6662246 Not everyone likes to have their ears violently violated like this, it's like hate fucking, Zenitsu has you sodomized and you like it so good for you.

For the rest of the normal people like us, fuck Zenitsu, he can drown in a pool of turd in the next episode for all I care.
May 15, 1:04 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to xZabuzax
Zenitsu, this mother fucker is one of those anime characters that I hate with every fiber of my being, that blonde ear raping mother fucker almost made me drop this anime when I was watching it for the first time, I loved everything about S1 but the moment he appeared everything went to shit and I even ended up giving S1 a 6/10 because of him, otherwise I would have given it a 10/10 because I believe everything else was pretty good there.

I don't always hate that ear raping mother fucker though, I actually love him when he's sleeping since he becomes a badass so you can say I have a love/hate relationship with him, but dear god, when he's awake I FUCKING HATE HIM!

In short, Demon Slayer is a pretty damn good anime but it has some shit in it that degrades it a lot and that shit is Zenitsu, he even makes the boar guy look like a saint.
Best take of the topic so far.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 15, 1:54 AM

Jun 2020
Inosuke is a much better loud funny character even if you dont like his humor either, at least it fits him while Zenitsu is kind of a bitch. His thunder breathing is cool though and I like it when he sleeps but it is such a weird gimmick to have that you actually behave like a normal human when you sleep. I guess the author is fine with having that kind of quirk in their verse but the breathing styles are all imaginary of course. Maybe ufotable will kill Zenitsu off in some of the many filler they are adding this season.

May 15, 2:32 AM
Mar 2021
xZabuzax said:

@Naveen6662246 Not everyone likes to have their ears violently violated like this, it's like hate fucking, Zenitsu has you sodomized and you like it so good for you.

For the rest of the normal people like us, fuck Zenitsu, he can drown in a pool of turd in the next episode for all I care.

hey wierdo it's because he's playing along with Inousuke,just make those duo nice and entertaining thts all,u don't have to take personally,i can also say same thing to u, tht the thing u like most,u have diff taste tht doesn't mean everyone has the same, tht humour oly grown ups cn understand,it may look Unnoying but it's really good.
Anime Rules the world
May 15, 3:38 AM
Nov 2016
Reply to Naveen6662246
xZabuzax said:

hey wierdo it's because he's playing along with Inousuke,just make those duo nice and entertaining thts all,u don't have to take personally,i can also say same thing to u, tht the thing u like most,u have diff taste tht doesn't mean everyone has the same, tht humour oly grown ups cn understand,it may look Unnoying but it's really good.

@Naveen6662246 Relax buddy, I'm not here to offend anyone, I'm just saying that not everyone has the same ear fetish as you, it's like scat play, if some people like it then who am I to judge?

I know you like it but I just want Zenitsu's little wiener away from my ears, am I asking too much?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Feb 20

229 by amlg »»
9 hours ago

» WTF with the eyes

peregrintuk - May 20

21 by deg »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM

» Is this arc skippable?

CJustawaye - May 30

32 by Ridzaxster »»
Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

120 by sakurasyinks »»
Yesterday, 5:25 AM

» Return of Hantengu

OroficB06 - May 28

9 by Wendysekai »»
May 31, 7:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.