Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 7:59 AM

Dec 2021
It's honeymoon time!

As the long-awaited day of their honeymoon in Atami approaches, Shouzou and Ine are busy planning the trip. They recruit Shouta Igarashi, who knows Tokyo well, as their guide, and decide to invite Mino along, making it a group of four. Upon arriving in Tokyo, Shouzou, Ine, and the others head straight to the home of their eldest daughter, Akemi. After greeting Akemi and the others, Shouzou, Ine, and the rest explore Atami.

Shouzou the wingman, is back doing what he does best. Even Shouta's grandpa thought they were already married, for heaven's sake, lol. But yeah, I sympathize with Shouzou and Ine; the Shinkansen rides can be some of the most confusing experiences for the first few times. Hell, they still are even after. But yeah, six episodes later, and everyone's reaction to them being young again is still hilarious, xD.

Ah yes, telling the truth, the best way to get businesses to leave you alone.

May 12, 8:02 AM

Apr 2010
Well we met the daughter was already had grandchildren and we got to see some history ones again even if it wasn't much.
What surprised me was that the couple didn't know about the Shinkansen which has been around since the 60's and it a part of Japanese pride.
But i guess the short travel time persuaded them to take the trip which was nice.
May 12, 8:07 AM

Feb 2021
00:53 Suica is a prepaid rechargeable contactless smart card and electronic money system used as a fare card on train lines and other public transport systems in Japan.
スイカ (suika) - "watermelon"

Candied sweet potato is literally 大学いも (daigaku imo) - "university potato" lmao
​Shozo (grandpa) and Shinji looking really similar is so funny to me for some reason
12:44 I googled とらさん (tora-san) and a movie series called "Otoko wa Tsurai yo" came up with images of a man with the same outfit and poses as here. It must be famous in Japan. From wikipedia: "Spanning 48 installments released between 1969 and 1995" holy damn.

12:57 "Otoko wa tsurai be", the same thing as the title of the movie series, but with a dialect.

Really liked this episode!
May 12, 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
The honeymoon of Shouzou and Ine, discussed by both Shouta and Mino, it's quite a problem without Yoshiaki or anybody they don't know...so it is a honeymoon between grandparents and grandkids lols, a first that I've seen.

Hah, Ine being an elderly model for Daigaku Imo, she's quite the looker. Whether are they regressed or back to their normal elderly selves taking advantage of the senior perks, they defintely need to be taken care of by the young'uns. And reaching Tokyo to meet their daughter Akemi while Shouta goes on his own way back, she's definitely not having hallucinations that both grandparents have regressed to their young selves. Taking advantage of the temporary life in Tokyo to get their needs, apart from catching the same attention back home, there's a lot to explore in Sagumo, be it clothing or even food.

Neoprints however, both Shouzou and Ine sure had their own ideas...while Shouta and Mino's is pretty much the typical couple pose. Also, Beyblades against traditional tops, it's so hilarious lols to even impress grandkids. Even though Akemi grew distant apart from her parents, Ine still treats her like her own child, which is amicable. The same could not be said for Shiori, who may not live long to see both grandparents alive...and that telepathy is heard nicely. As to driving off persistent salespeople on the streets, using their age is quite crunge, but it still works lols.

What an adventure in the city.
May 12, 8:34 AM

Mar 2021
One of the best episodes so far, it was hilarious seeing that they didn't know that bullet trains exist and both grandma and grandpa looked so cute on their adventure around Tokyo.
May 12, 8:53 AM

Jul 2016
"I'm not even your grandson."
"...Yet."

They've mastered shifting between their young and old forms like it's a DBZ transformation lmao

Having Shozo and Ine go on a double honeymoon/date with Mine and Shota was adorable but man, Shiori sulking over their absence and the fact that grandparents will really be gone for good one day hit way too close to home.
May 12, 9:01 AM
Feb 2023
how lovables are grandpa and grandma
May 12, 11:12 AM

Jun 2013
This anime has been wholesome so far, a nice little show to heal your soul after hard week of work.

I have to admit that the show grew of me since 1st episode, now I consider it 8/10.
I am exited to see where it will go from this, next episode is mixed bath. I sense grandma in swimsuit... <3
May 12, 11:50 AM

Feb 2019
Shouta bringing up Mino and getting his grandpa to let him go to Tokyo is so funny lmao. He thought shouta was such a failure and here he comes with a knockout beauty. It’s crazy that grandpa had never left the PREFECTURE!!! Wow leaving town must’ve felt like going to an isekai.

All the modern amenities of Tokyo, the people, crowds and culture were such a shock to grandma and grandpa. Grandpa almost becoming a model had me dying 😂 Shouta was supposed to be the guide, but felt like he got more of a vacation than anyone with just being by Mino’s side. I wish we got more of them in this show!

Meeting Akemi was cool! I forgot they even had more kids because we’ve basically just seen the one son. Love seeing Grandma doting on her babies even after they’re all grown up!

Another really good episode hopefully next episode we get more of Shiori, that lil thigh service at the end there was.. 🤤
Marinate1016May 12, 12:33 PM
May 12, 12:10 PM

Nov 2016
When you legally exploit the senior discount.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 12, 2:42 PM

Apr 2019
Another great wholesome episode, and just like that, their Tokyo Trip went by so quickly, now to Atami. Shinkansens are great and Shouta kun is winning at life right now. Both Baasama and Jiisama have their own charms which attracts lots of people no matter where they go.
May 12, 2:52 PM

Feb 2016
I'm fearing that the end of this show is about the couple dying...
May 12, 4:15 PM
Jun 2020
So they have 3 kids?
May 12, 4:42 PM

Mar 2010
The talent scouter must have thought they lost their minds lmao. I am surprised of more kids :o
May 12, 4:51 PM

Jul 2022
Every time Shouta struggles to make progress with Mino, the grandfather provides great assistance. The honeymoon in Tokyo was lovely and fun. I was surprised that the grandparents had another daughter, so it's nice to see their extensive family tree. Another great episode!
May 12, 5:30 PM

Jan 2008
With the introduction of their daughter living in Tokyo, we find out they have at least 3 children, and that they're in fact, great-grandparents as well. Wow, big family; although that's somewhat to be expected when you live to be into your 80's. Still, having that kinda family is life-goals right there.

Shota, or Syota as they spelled it here, is one lucky lad to have the blessing of both grandparents now, when the grandpas used to be rivals. That being said

I sort of want a haramaki now...they look really warm. Jiisama looked really good in that classic old-school look, as if he jumped right out of a daytime drama.

But the fun ride ain't over yet, still more to come out of their honeymoon next week~
May 12, 6:34 PM

Sep 2016
Fanservice episode next week huh
bruh
May 12, 7:29 PM

Apr 2022
honeymoon ftw. good to see grandma hype up grandpa at the end, called him an ikemen on the inside lol.
May 12, 8:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Putting our favorite old couple in Tokyo made for lots of fun bits, I especially enjoyed the shopping and photo booth bits. And perfect for Mother’s Day, we got a wholesome bit between Ine and her daughter Akemi, I really like this one much like Yoshiaki’s moment before, I love the way they show scenes of them being taken care of as kids alongside their adult selves, I guess it doesn’t matter how old you are, you’re still your parents’ kids.

I also loved the bit between Shouzou and his great grandson Kousuke, I used to play Beyblade when I was a kid too so I enjoyed it for that reason, as well as just because of the wholesome fun time between great grandpa and great grandson. And I also loved the moments between Mino and Shouta, he’s got it in the bag with a wingman like Shouzou and his own grandpa on his side lol. And poor Shiori is missing her grandparents and afraid of the future, very relatable, but I hope she’s alright until the Tokyo trip is over.
May 12, 9:18 PM

Feb 2016
I think this has been the best episode so far.

Lots of legit funny moments in the train and Tokyo, and their daughter memories where touching and beautiful. Now I really like Mino, she is so nice and cute! and her face is really funny lol. I also really liked the little scene with Shiori because she is literally me (lmao), it touched me hard becuase I feel and think the same exact way, but about my parents tho, and that makes me so fkng sad...

I adore this show.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

May 13, 12:35 AM

Mar 2007
Another diabetes inducing episode with Jiisan being like, the BEST wing man ever. And truly he did need his friend's son, with his knowledge of Tokyo, to be a tour guide of sorts.

The photo session was adorable.

Them shopping at the street that has everything old people want, scared TF out of me because I could picture my parents doing the exact same thing. And who knows in a few years I might be joining them!

May 13, 9:57 AM

Apr 2023
Embient said:
00:53 Suica is a prepaid rechargeable contactless smart card and electronic money system used as a fare card on train lines and other public transport systems in Japan.

​Shozo (grandpa) and Shinji looking really similar is so funny to me for some reason
12:44 I googled とらさん (tora-san) and a movie series called "Otoko wa Tsurai yo" came up with images of a man with the same outfit and poses as here. It must be famous in Japan. From wikipedia: "Spanning 48 installments released between 1969 and 1995" holy damn.

12:57 "Otoko wa tsurai be", the same thing as the title of the movie series, but with a dialect.

Thanks for the info, the watermelon thing made no sense to me lmao
May 13, 10:01 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to Embient

@Embient I swore I'd heard about that film series in passing in an anime or manga somewhere in the last...10 years, but it's not coming to mind specifically
May 13, 10:03 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to Stormy_77
Another diabetes inducing episode with Jiisan being like, the BEST wing man ever. And truly he did need his friend's son, with his knowledge of Tokyo, to be a tour guide of sorts.

Them shopping at the street that has everything old people want, scared TF out of me because I could picture my parents doing the exact same thing. And who knows in a few years I might be joining them!

@Stormy_77 The haramaki thing is definitely that old Japanese guy thing. I forget why, it's meant to have health benefits to keep your hara/belly warm, maybe related to traditional Chinese medicine and the dantian being in that area
May 13, 10:04 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to Groman
I'm fearing that the end of this show is about the couple dying...
@Groman The manga is supposedly still going, but yeah, that does kind of feel like a possibility with how the series would end. But maybe not so much here?
May 13, 10:21 PM
Sep 2014
Reply to Stormy_77

@Stormy_77 The fact that they didn't realize the picture they took the 2nd time really looked like something you'd see at a wake had me in stitches
May 13, 10:40 PM

Mar 2007
Reply to holdingnothing
@Stormy_77 The fact that they didn't realize the picture they took the 2nd time really looked like something you'd see at a wake had me in stitches
@holdingnothing Haha yes, the kids I think picked up on it, but they were oblivious. I think I've seen too many J-drama or K-dramas.
May 14, 9:47 AM
Nov 2018
I went into this show thinking I was going to drop it after the first 2 episodes. I really enjoy the relationships the characters have between each other. I'm happy I was proven wrong about this show.
May 15, 8:01 PM

Oct 2014
Definitely a good show, came to the show with no expectations, was rating it a 7 (not good, not bad) but bumped it up to 8

Show is nothing serious, it’s a little funny and is extremely wholesome. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t cried watching this show.
May 16, 2:27 PM
Dec 2023
Actually, I also like seeing the affection of these grandparents, I also love Mino Saito. But since Igarashi Shota appeared, I started to hate seeing his face. So I just chose rating 3. Because I don't think it's suitable.
May 17, 11:07 PM
Sep 2021
Shouzou & Ine enjoy their honeymoon & also accompanied by their grandchildren & also we get to meet Ine & Shouzou's daughter & her family.
May 18, 6:30 AM
Dec 2020
what kind of grandparents forget one of their grandkids like that? they said they want to have a trip with their grandkids but left the one in a difficult home behind...
May 19, 2:59 AM

Feb 2021
That beyblade battle using a rock really something else XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 20, 4:24 PM

Apr 2013
The other granddaughter's thoughts scary me too.

.·:*¨ 重逢的时代 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟎:𝟒𝟐 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟑:𝟏𝟑
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
May 20, 5:27 PM

Mar 2008
I think there is still at least one sleeper train in Japan.

That would be a weird experience seeing your grandparents change from old to young forms right in front of you and not even notice till the sheets came off their faces lol

Huh so they already do have a great grandkid by a daughter of theirs.

My subs translated haramaki literally. I don't know why they did since a bellyband implies women's maternity clothing and from context it was clear what was being spoken of since before this episode I kept wondering what that thing was called.

Aw that's sweet and sad that Shiori has been pushing away her affection for her grandparents because she is so consciously aware they could die some day. I kinda get that sentiment.
May 25, 7:32 AM

Feb 2019
This was a funny and cute episode!
May 29, 7:56 PM

Jan 2022
Its hilarious that Shouta's g-pa changed his mind about him going to Tokyo once he saw Mino lmao

Why would Shouzou and Ine turn old again for their honeymoon? That makes no sense bc they have more energy in their younger state.

The great grandson is annoying af, a spoiled brat really. Weird that the daughter looks older than Ine. I wonder why Akemi only really talks to Ine and not her dad. If Akemi is so worried about Ine, why not call her or something?

Who is Shiori's parents?
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 1, 10:58 AM
Feb 2015
was eating dinner whilst watching, the unintentional funeral-like decorations on the grandparent's purikura almost made me choke on the udon I was eating 😂
Jun 15, 6:36 PM

Mar 2012
"My grandson brought a bride home!!!" LOL happy for both of them though a faraway trip with your crush. Ine and Shozo conveniently switching their ages is so funny. Their attractive appearances making people ask for photos or helping your friend's business income is always a fun bit. The talent scout scene though both of them flexing each other "What do you understand about her!?" "Of course he is handsome!!!" Another child was introduced! The parts that show the family member's worries and regrets always gets me.
Jun 17, 9:13 AM

Aug 2019
oh my god shiori is so cute.
grandchild telepathy received

LETS BEYBLADE
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 7:47 AM

Oct 2017
It's fun watching everyone's reaction when they first see them. Was nice to see them enjoy their time with their daughter and family. That purikura though. We even got beyblade battle.
Jul 3, 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
Grandpa literally threw a rock at that kid's beyblade xD
Jul 23, 4:14 AM
Dec 2022
Shouzou and Ine visit Tokyo with Miho and Shotou. The yalso drops by to visit their daughter Akemi and the family. Shouzou and Ine are great grandparents with Akemi's two kids have family of their own.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Jun 16

124 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 10 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 9

45 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

38 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 26

39 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 7 Discussion

Aversa - May 19

44 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 23, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.