Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
Crunchyroll leaked yet another episode...

It was kinda awkward imo. It started off with a space battle and then turned into what seems like a slice of life that seemed pretty normal. Even for someone like Mira, she seems like a normal girl. Animation turned out to be average imo, maybe could improve but I doubt it. Episode also had chemistry between her and Takumi mostly as the two main leads. Oh and Naosuke as a talking poodle. There's something you don't see everyday.
Mar 31, 8:03 AM

Jul 2017
Well, Crunchyroll just about leaked this show out of nowhere.

Takumi Miyasaka filing for work at the share house of Astro Lodge needing a chef. But under the new landlady Mira Gotokuji, she sure is a bad book, and the residents within the share house are a lot of idiosyncrasies. But this is where Takumi comes in as a seasoned part-time chef, showing off his skills to the happiness of all, even if it's just for a temporal moment. But him deciding to stay in the lodge, it's probably for the best.

With all of the processes for a start, Mira shows Takumi around, and the welcoming party...is quite the oddity with odd residents who are finally relieved of Mira's bad breakfasts. At least for the day, it starts off being pleasant as Takumi is into her...which Mira is an alien from Wido with her dog Naosuke, trying to find some key so that they can head back home.

A space-time romance this is one, how weird will this go?
KANLen09Apr 6, 1:42 AM
Mar 31, 9:13 AM

Oct 2022
The leak seems to not come from Crunchyroll itself, but from Sakura Con where all those leaked episode (Konosuba, Astro note, gods gam we play etc) where to be screen in advance.
Mar 31, 10:36 AM

Mar 2016
Reply to MahoTenshi
The leak seems to not come from Crunchyroll itself, but from Sakura Con where all those leaked episode (Konosuba, Astro note, gods gam we play etc) where to be screen in advance.
@MahoTenshi Yeah, but that doesn't make clicks to youtubers so they go for the easiest foe, that always works.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 1, 3:22 AM
Mar 2024
BEST SPISODE I SAW SO FAR IN THIS SEASON
Apr 1, 11:02 AM

Mar 2021
This was quite the unique first episode with it starting out with a battle in space but turning into what seems like a normal slice of life, hopefully it gets better as the show goes on.
Apr 1, 3:21 PM
Nov 2018
This show looks cute. A nice little turn off the brain and relax show. I'm down for it.
Apr 1, 5:52 PM

Apr 2022
another leak is crazy. visuals aren't that great but sugita tomokazu is always hilarious for no reason. junichi suwabe as the dog is jokes as well, didn't expect to hear him when the dog spoke.
Apr 3, 10:47 PM
Apr 2021
Has some mystery and comedy going on. Solid start.
Apr 4, 6:16 AM

Sep 2016
Looks like Carol & Tuesday
also very boring
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 5, 6:33 AM
Jun 2016
I'm not so interested in the setting but animation is good (the op/ed at the end looked very nice).
I will give ep 2 a chance because I'm a fan of most voice actors (Souma Saito, Junichi Suwabe ftw).
I saw Jun Fukuyama is also in the cast and if there's one thing he's good at is voicing aloof characters dressed in purple tones lmao.
Apr 5, 6:57 AM

Nov 2010
Everything seems old-fashioned.

Apr 5, 7:30 AM

Apr 2014
everything screamed 80s-90s to me. lol
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 5, 7:32 AM
Jul 2023
Interesting start.

The art, animation, and sound design all look/feels good and the story seems interesting but there’s nothing really stick out yet in term of the character other than the usual trope.
Apr 5, 7:37 AM

Nov 2019
I never imagined hearing Archer's voice from a dog, lol. Yes, as someone stated, this show is similar to Maison Ikkoku but with a sci-fi theme. And I fucking love it.
Apr 5, 7:47 AM
Sep 2015
Healing anime of this season, and the first episode is already effective at healing me.
Apr 5, 7:51 AM
Jan 2024
This anime is really hilarious. I really like this kind of comedy. I am not a fan of Sci-fi genre but Astronote is really amazing. I hope so this anime doesn't disappoint in future...
Apr 5, 7:58 AM
Feb 2021
Well, i am already know this kind kf anime on am old anime. However i will comtinued watching thisntomthe very end. IT WAS REALLY GOOD!
Apr 5, 8:20 AM

Oct 2017
This definitely looks very old fashioned. From the characters, art style, animation, theme songs almost everything and I really enjoyed it. Mira's really cute. The misunderstanding though lol. I wonder if he'll find out she's an alien soon. Should be fun to watch them. I just hope we get a happy end with them together at the end.
Apr 5, 8:44 AM
Mar 2009
The central conceit seems to be what if a heroine from a 70s sci-fi anime ended up in the plot of an 80s rom-com anime? And if you're old enough like me to remember both those things, it's working excellently. Once we get the two characters in the OP/ED that we've not met yet I'm sure it will work even better.
Apr 5, 8:48 AM

Sep 2008
Junichi Suwabe as an alien poodle? So absurd yet adds some more charm to how over-the-top this whole series is with the mix of 70s sci-fi and 80s rom-com tropes being milked here.
Apr 5, 9:03 AM
Feb 2020
Goddamn hillarious 1st ep lmao.Production was real good.The style is definitely a unique choice,but in digging it!Dad character is easily best so far.

So uhh..no one gonna mention who that figure in the kitchen was? 
Apr 5, 9:09 AM

Jan 2016
This type of insane comedy show is what I live for!! Let's go!! All characters have great, distinctive and strong personalities, what I look for the most in this type of anime.
Has potential to be one of my favorite comedies so far this year

I came to this blind and that last part got me so off guard lmao.
Apr 5, 9:48 AM

Aug 2017
As old school as it can get, pretty dope we still got something like this.

Apr 5, 10:21 AM
Sep 2022
The plot seems interesting enough. I don’t like how the side characters look like they’re from a completely different show than the 2 MCs but that’s just a personal preference.
Apr 5, 10:35 AM
Feb 2024
Perfect Soundtrack and Very Good Animation, the NEET character is very comic too.
Apr 5, 11:36 AM
Sep 2017
Reply to Builder45
Goddamn hillarious 1st ep lmao.Production was real good.The style is definitely a unique choice,but in digging it!Dad character is easily best so far.

@Builder45 I ALSO NOTICED THAT LMAOOO, THAT'S KINDA CREEPY FR XDDDDD
Apr 5, 11:52 AM

Apr 2015
Feels like an anime from the late 90s or early 00s. Even the art style feels like I have seen it before.
Apr 5, 11:54 AM
Feb 2015
It was more normal than i thought then the dog happened... interesting choices of voice actor especially suwabe juunichi xD and plot. the resident look weird though
jumbosanApr 5, 12:02 PM
Apr 5, 12:34 PM

Feb 2007
Well, that was a lot dumber than expected, but still giving it a chance for now...
Apr 5, 12:40 PM

Sep 2022
Hilarious series so far, wholesome dynamic between the eccentric cast, and an artstyle harking back to mid-2000s anime that only you remember. Loving it and can't wait for the next episode.
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 5, 12:47 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to sarybelle
The plot seems interesting enough. I don’t like how the side characters look like they’re from a completely different show than the 2 MCs but that’s just a personal preference.
sarybelle said:
I don’t like how the side characters look like they’re from a completely different show than the 2 MCs but that’s just a personal preference.

Yeah it's kind of weird. But the kid kind of looks like he's drawn in a similar style. The idol as well, mostly. The grandpa, the unemployed guy, and the dog are the ones sticking out a bit.

The show feels pretty throwback so it's not too distracting for me. Also, it's supposedly a wacky comedy, so hopefully these choices will make it funnier. Some of the reaction faces from Miyasaki and the idol looked pretty over-the-top, so I'm on board.
Apr 5, 1:00 PM

Nov 2021
The first episode was alright. Not sure if I'll continue it but I'll probably give episode 2 a shot
Apr 5, 2:50 PM
Jan 2022
Did anyone else see the person hiding in the back during the party?
Apr 5, 3:43 PM

Jan 2015
Did not expect the side characters to be so over the top annoying in such a short time, instant drop not what I hoped for.
Apr 5, 4:57 PM

Nov 2022
He hasn't been jabbed by her stinger, yet, so there's hope.

Not a fan of the poodle, but the residents are quirky and fun and I LOVE the art style.
Apr 5, 5:02 PM
Nov 2016
AkeZZZ said:
everything screamed 80s-90s to me. lol

That's what I was going to say...it had a very 90's throwback feel going on, from the animation, right down to the ED...almost felt like a "lost media" never-aired anime project that was found in a vault, and finally released.

It shows promise, and we'll see if it improves over the next 2 or 3 episodes.
Apr 5, 5:08 PM

Mar 2024
Wild anime for sure. The idol no doubt is the real star here though
Apr 5, 5:37 PM

Apr 2014
Reply to Builder45

@Builder45
It reminded me of the closet ghost from Lv1 Maou to One Room Yuusha.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 5, 5:44 PM
May 2017
Very good beginning episode! Takumi is a good cook and Mira, a cute and lovely alien who enjoys good food. Made for each other!

This episode made me miss the Piyo Piyo apron...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 5, 5:53 PM

Nov 2016
Until we get a Maison Ikkoku remake I will be fine with this one. As many said, it feels very retro and I enjoy the unique aesthetic a lot.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 5, 6:36 PM
Jul 2021
I liked the premise, but they botched the episode with the rushed introduction of the characters, IMO. At the very least we should have gotten more background on the two leads before shoving everyone together 5 minutes in (and loudly and obnoxiously to boot).

Will keep watching due to the promising premise, but this sloppy first episode soured it for me a bit.
Apr 5, 6:59 PM

Sep 2021
A fun first episode. Nothing special yet, but I like the style and the gags. I wonder which direction this will take. Alien Battles, Found Family, Gags... lots of good options available.
Apr 5, 7:37 PM

Jan 2008
In the first few seconds, I thought I might have clicked on the wrong show since I was hit with a wave of nostalgia at the old-school art style and character designs. Even the ED theme song has that old-school vibe. It's off to a good start.
Apr 5, 10:11 PM
Jan 2024
Loved the first episode. Straight forward absurd sci-fi rom-com fun. The animation and art style are also a big plus.
Apr 6, 12:56 AM
Feb 2020
Old-fashioned and very entertaining. The facial expressions were priceless 😂
Apr 6, 2:04 AM

Dec 2020
Much better than I expected it to be. This was a pleasant surprise.

Apr 6, 4:25 AM
Feb 2024
This actually looks promising. Loving the retro designs as well.

I'll keep watching.
Apr 6, 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
It's really reminding me of Maison Ikkoku for some reason.
Apr 6, 7:48 AM
Jun 2016
It looks like the combination of Urusei Yatsura and Maison ikkoku. I like it. I hope they don't messed up the show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

14 by MegamiRem »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24

13 by RawrOMG »»
May 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17

27 by OldSkoolBrayan »»
May 25, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3

40 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 20, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Astro Note Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10

23 by RawrOMG »»
May 17, 1:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.