Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 9:05 AM

Dec 2021
When it's your day off, it's all about that time for yourself. Work is work, no point bringing any negativity into it.

Right from the get-go, we kick things off with Ivudot's OP, and it's just this cool song that I can totally groove to. While GLASGOW's ED is alright.

Known as the General in the evil organization that arrived to invade Earth, the antagonist, referred to as Mr. Villain, engages in fierce battles day in and day out. On days off, the creed is to forget about work entirely and spend time in complete off-mode. Today marks a rare day off, and to heal a thoroughly exhausted spirit, Mr. Villain heads to the zoo where their beloved panda resides. However, during this peaceful outing, they unexpectedly encounter a member of the Earth Defense Organization Rangers, Akatsuki Red, with whom they are in opposition.

This guy isn't from around here, yet he's surprisingly well-versed in our train stations. His hair totally reminds me of Joker from Persona, he emits some cool vibes. Gotta hand it to him; his fashion sense is pretty respectable. Not too sure about the whole 'wiping out humans' thing, but hey, his style game is top-notch. If he's encountered one ranger, there are probably more on the way.

No way, you can't pull that off. If you wipe out everything else and leave just that store, they won't be able to restock. Why not skip the whole 'kill the planet' idea? There are other wicked options out there, like going for conquest or something. Totally agree about cats – they can be cute troublemakers. Picture this: Red's subordinates tick him off, but then they whip out a panda pic, and suddenly everything lightens up. I'm not quite sure why there are two kids in the Rangers, but the funny part is they act all senior in front of Red. Lols.

This show is ridiculous, and I'm completely here for it.
IzanaSolosJan 7, 12:05 PM

Jan 7, 10:25 AM

Feb 2021
Was surprised when I first heard that this will get an anime. Immidiately added this to my plant to watch list because I read some chapters a long time ago, and they were really comfy and cute.
And each chapter is only 10-15 pages long, I wonder how will that work.

The OP is groovy and relaxing
Uenono Zoo is a reference to a real Ueno Zoo in Tokyo
This gotta be the ultimate Work–life balance lol
That coat is so damn stylish though
Damn, this ED is intense lol. It's called 休息充電 (kyuusoku juuden) - "rest charging", probably a pun on 急速充電 (kyuusoku juuden) - "fast charging"
This was so relaxing and funny. I love this already.
Reminds me of Cool Doji Danshi (Play It Cool, Guys). I really recommend it! It has 24 episodes, 11 minutes each.
Jan 7, 12:02 PM

Feb 2019
Touyama Nao and Pandas literally saved the world lmao

Such a nice relaxing anime and a perfect show for Sundays to tuck in with really. Mr Villain trying to enjoy his days off is something we can all relate to. Staying as far away from work tasks, sleeping in, eating our fave food and watching tv. Arguably one of the most relatable recent anime lol.

Not much to speak on in terms of plot, but it’s a fuzzy comfy watch. Loved the convenience store skit and the ice cream shop one. Wanting to get them cups instead of cones was too real. That’s my mom’s go to with little kids since they spill the cones or they melt and get everywhere.

The kids sizing up Mr villain unbeknownst to him was pretty neat too. Definitely not your typical little ones. who would’ve thought red ranger was their chaperone!

Looking forward to more of this wholesomeness
Marinate1016Jan 7, 12:11 PM
Jan 7, 12:19 PM
Oct 2021
such a cute first episode. loved how much he loves pandas kinda reminds me of what i’m like with cats lol
Jan 7, 1:37 PM
May 2023
So cute! Funny and I like the animation style.
Jan 7, 1:38 PM

Jul 2022
I'm loving this show so far. I can't wait to meet more of the rangers and his coworkers in later episodes.
Jan 7, 1:52 PM

Mar 2008
This was super cute. Asanuma's voice is perfect for the villain. Can't wait for more.
Jan 7, 2:06 PM
Aug 2020
it is like i was expecting,something chill to just relax and watch...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 7, 2:30 PM

Nov 2016
Love After World Domination + Kawaisugi Crisis(and probably something else I can't put my finger on at the moment) comes to mind when looking at this first episode yet it has it's own tone. Same as the latter it's from SynergySp again, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2:45 PM
Jun 2023
ITS SO CUTE AND FUNNY LOVE IT
Jan 7, 3:08 PM
Aug 2022
Wtf, a 6.89 rating, are y'all crazy? This show is pure gold! The protagonist has strong Naberius Kalego vibes, and it's an incredibly wholesome show with a tinge of tension provided by the rivalry with the rangers! It's so fun!

Jan 7, 5:26 PM
Nov 2021
Episode was pretty good. I found it amusing that for their goal for destroying humanity, they seem to enjoy human culture.
The next time you go to the zoo, make sure to thank the pandas, for they have doubtlessly saved us time and time again from immediate extinction.
Jan 7, 5:28 PM
Nov 2021
CrowTheCryptid said:
Wtf, a 6.89 rating, are y'all crazy? This show is pure gold! The protagonist has strong Naberius Kalego vibes, and it's an incredibly wholesome show with a tinge of tension provided by the rivalry with the rangers! It's so fun!

Mr. Villain made me think of Fafnir from Konosuba, but fair
It is only the first episode. Ive always found it strange people rate anime before its out completely.
Jan 7, 5:49 PM

Sep 2016
top anime tis season. basically just kawaisugi Crisis S2
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 7, 5:52 PM

Dec 2020
this is so fun why tf the rating so low 😭
Jan 7, 6:03 PM
Jul 2016
The original is so much better! This was disappointing.
Jan 7, 6:05 PM

Feb 2019
i knew those kids weren't really lost kids
Jan 7, 6:22 PM

Jan 2011
even for first episode this rating seems very low for a chill comedy it wasn't that funny all the time but i did have some good moments like Nao's kobeni character lol

have to say that preview was insanely long i felt like i already saw the 2nd episode

will give this some more watches seems better when our evil lord plays off other characters
Jan 7, 6:30 PM

Sep 2011
Very relatable anime. Nothing gets in the way of my day off
Jan 7, 6:33 PM
Apr 2023
The main character is very relatable
Jan 7, 7:17 PM

Sep 2021
A slow pacing, but with a bunch of funny moments.

It was a fine start. Not as good as I hoped, but I guess it takes time.
Jan 7, 7:25 PM
May 2022
Pretty chill comedy. Not sure exactly how I feel about it yet but it’s always nice to have a show like this every season. I like the ed as well. Novel concept at the very least
Jan 7, 7:48 PM

Sep 2018
It gave me Miss Kuroitsu From the Monster Development Department meets Love after World Domination vibes, the former being a top 10/15 comedy for me. Not as blatantly hilarious, but seems to be another rather witty, unserious comedy with a fun cast. AOTS potential.
Jan 7, 8:09 PM
Jan 2022
i would even say this may better than the yakuza househusband
Jan 7, 8:16 PM
Oct 2019
The anime's story doesn't make any sense, but it's relaxing to watch
Jan 7, 8:52 PM

Jan 2024
CrowTheCryptid said:

fr I'm in disbelief
Jan 7, 10:25 PM

Oct 2016
Its stupid, its fun, its relatable and I absolutely loved it.
Jan 7, 11:20 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
nothing in this show really makes sense to me,
but i am all here for it!

i love the slice of life, chill vibes this show is giving off,
i am hoping the main character connects with the world around him
maybe even form bonds with the humans,
seems like they could make this into one of those show
that have some secret deeper meaning to it!

Jan 7, 11:56 PM

Mar 2011
Me watching this: What am I watching here? WHY am I watching this? :D

A very... interesting concept tbh. A story from the villain's perspective and it's his day off. Everybody needs a break sometimes, I guess? His obsession with pandas is understandable. They are adorable <3. Also priorities...

I'm just wondering how he earns money? Or is the villain-wiping-out-humanity a business that makes good money? (Just asking for a friend...).

I feel like while it was funny at times the jokes were a little rare and strangely placed. For now I'll continue watching because it's an unique concept and I'm also interested in seeing other characters or how the "story" will develop (for now there doesn't seem much more to it), hoping at least the humor will get a little bit better. Come on, the potential is there!
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jan 8, 12:00 AM
Oct 2012
Hmm....I laughed a few times but truth be told, I found the MC to be the only character that wasn't funny. Given how much screen time he has, this is rather problematic.
Hopefully we'll see something more interesting next time.
Jan 8, 12:26 AM

Jan 2021
Turns out Mr. Villain is also a panda enthusiast, an ice cream fan and a helper of a lost ranger on his day off... what a cute and kind villain :'D hahaha.

"On this day, cuteness saved the world" yes xD

Jan 8, 1:08 AM

Feb 2020
Well, not a bad start. Pretty cute and funny first episode.
Jan 8, 1:17 AM
Oct 2020
Wildflower3 said:

A very... interesting concept tbh. A story from the villain's perspective and it's his day off. Everybody needs a break sometimes, I guess? His obsession with pandas is understandable. They are adorable <3. Also priorities...

I'm just wondering how he earns money? Or is the villain-wiping-out-humanity a business that makes good money? (Just asking for a friend...).

I feel like while it was funny at times the jokes were a little rare and strangely placed. For now I'll continue watching because it's an unique concept and I'm also interested in seeing other characters or how the "story" will develop (for now there doesn't seem much more to it), hoping at least the humor will get a little bit better. Come on, the potential is there!

What, you don't know? Planet destruction is the highest paying job, especially when it comes to earth, you even get money to sustain yourself during the time you are conquering it
Jan 8, 1:38 AM

Apr 2022
Only good vibes, I love shows like this. The ED slaps! I ship Warumono-san with the red power ranger, and these quotes are very real:

Jan 8, 2:18 AM

Mar 2011
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
Wildflower3 said:

What, you don't know? Planet destruction is the highest paying job, especially when it comes to earth, you even get money to sustain yourself during the time you are conquering it
@CrunchyCrobat Really? Oh no, I didn't know that. I should probably change my occupation... Thanks for the insight. Also if you know where to submit my application I'd be happy and probably destroy you last ;)
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Jan 8, 2:20 AM
Oct 2020
Wildflower3 said:
@CrunchyCrobat Really? Oh no, I didn't know that. I should probably change my occupation... Thanks for the insight. Also if you know where to submit my application I'd be happy and probably destroy you last ;)

At the villain agency of course, shouldn't be too hard to find
Jan 8, 3:04 AM
Sep 2015
This is gonna be my most guilty pleasure of this season, reminds me of "My New Boss is Goofy" from previous season. But instead of working in the same company, Mr. Villain and Red are working in rival companies.
Jan 8, 3:45 AM

Aug 2023
I like shows like these I usually watch when I finish an bloody and violence anime I don't why but it's a good anime and looking forward to it.
Jan 8, 4:42 AM

Nov 2013
this has some "funny" moments, and was a nice ep1

that being said, i'm sure it will become boring later unless they make him go through all kinds of places and meet many nice people

while i didn't dislike it, it's probably one of the 1st i'll drop if i end up falling behind in this season, sicne i'm watching almost everything
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 8, 5:34 AM

Aug 2021
watching it feels like another one of those anime where you can just relax, not worry about a thing, it's cute, funny and his voice is just perfect for a "villain" haha
Jan 8, 8:43 AM
Nov 2023
LITEARALLY SO WHOLSEOME. Full of gags and jokes and silly things, but not every anime HAS to be a serious endeavor. I enjoyed it very much and it made me smile, he's very dramatic for being apart of the Evil Army lol
Jan 8, 9:21 AM

Apr 2017
It was really wholesome and cute! I liked how the character is supposed to be evil yet has a cute side to him! Makes it very endearing in a way haha
Jan 8, 9:47 AM

Dec 2008
It was okey, nothing special although.
Jan 8, 9:54 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Nice! This was basically what I was hoping to get out of this show. A super chill watch with some comedic bits here and there. As long as it never gets boring, this will be an easy watch for me.
Jan 8, 11:13 AM
Jan 2024
Another view from a bad guy kinda kind with everyone in his day off <3
Jan 8, 1:34 PM
Dec 2022
For an anime that's inspired by Super Sentai, this was pretty lax lol. For a villain who's hellbent on destroying Earth, it does look like he's enjoying some of our perks haha.
Jan 8, 1:54 PM

Dec 2022
very good never thought i would sympathize with the villian and wish him peace
Jan 8, 6:05 PM
Apr 2022
Always wondered what villains do in their day off, like darth vader playing tennis with palpatine, voldemort throwing rave parties with fellow death eaters. Mr villain seems like a guy who enjoys solitude and pandas, wholesome episode
Jan 8, 6:23 PM
Sep 2020
Bro, that was very strange, but SOOOO CUTE
Jan 8, 8:42 PM
Feb 2014
This wasn’t too bad I wouldn’t mind finishing this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 11

19 by LittleQt »»
Oct 6, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 5 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 4

21 by LastLuminescence »»
Sep 22, 1:45 PM

» Contains Comedy?

Tushar_Shukla210 - Sep 5

5 by Code31Breaker »»
Sep 9, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 24

36 by TheColonel76 »»
Aug 27, 2:04 PM

» Chances for a Season 2

Chaplin87 - May 7

6 by xXNatpyXx »»
Jul 21, 7:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.