Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Well, this was kinda sweet as the show focused on Ike and Shy's relationship again. They've been great friends since the beginning and we got more scenes between the duo from the finale.

This was a safe and rather calm episode for Shy since her recent battles. It's too bad she caught a cold but luckily had a friend by her side.

Season 2 got announced

https://twitter.com/SHY_off/status/1736770293396549664

Jul 2017
In the end, Pepesha learning of her mother Lenya's efforts in the orphanage, it carries over to who Spirit became to be as a hero now. Too bad that Stardust and Lady Black were sent too late from Unilord's request, though the consensus with the heroes that Amarariruku is a threat to behold that must be tackled immediately, Tzveta's ring is the only evidence they have now. Though for Teru, she may be just a blimp in Stardust's eyes, though he reassures her to continue to grow stronger. Both Spirit and Shy may not know what awaits them ahead, but for now, rejoice and be merry, and be the hero when time calls for it. The thing is, there're many rings to go through Stigma, so this loss is necessarily a minor thing.

It's good to see Iko again, though Teru has had quite the enormous heroic duty that she fell sick, leading to her carrying Teru back home. As Iko assists in her recovery, Teru is reminded of her late older sister taking care of her the same way as a parent to her, whom Iko is a reminiscence of. And if there's one thing to come out from this friendship, it's now that they're on a first-name close friend basis.

But things in Amarariruku, Kufufu hasn't quite forgotten about Tzveta that a fellow comrade has to have a beef with her, leading to yet another fellow angel stopping their fight...all while Stigma is preparing his next plan to "save" the world. To be continued...in Season 2.
https://twitter.com/SHY_off/status/1736770293396549664

A rather not-so-HeroAca superhero show, though I feel that it doesn't deserve the negativity that the series gets.
KANLen09Dec 19, 2023 12:43 AM

Feb 2020
Nice finale. It was good to see Iko again.

This was a decent show, but Pepesha arc took way too much screen time. They kinda wasted 3 episodes with all that mama drama. Also, I wasn't a big fan of some of the villains. They felt a little boring and generic, especially Stigma.

I liked the first couple of episodes when they were focusing more on Teru and her heroic deeds.

Well, I'm looking forward to the second season. The story has just begun. See you again, Teru!

SerafosDec 18, 2023 1:33 PM
Dec 18, 2023 8:44 AM
Sep 2021
The buildup for the next season was done well, excited to see more of it.
Dec 18, 2023 9:05 AM

Jul 2021
if anything the art direction for this anime was good but it relied too much on sentimentality for characters we knew for very few episodes so it ended up being very corny most of the time. They basically talked the villain into submission every time. it started as a mixture of Bocchi and MHA and just ended up being a cheap version of both. 4-5/10.
Dec 18, 2023 9:45 AM

Aug 2022
Yesssss!!! I’ve seen it was announced for a season 2!!! I knew from the pacing of season 1 and that supposedly this was meant to be 24 episodes that we’d get a season 2!

I’m hyped!

It’s really funny that at the beginning of the episode I was thinking how I wanted to see more of stardust and the like a minute later there he was 😂😂😂

Seeing Teru back with iko reminds me how much I love the slice of life side of things way more than the action.

I kinda feel bad for Kofufu after losing tzveta and stigma is still creepy af. I’m curious to see we’re the story will head in season 2
Phantom_373Dec 18, 2023 5:55 PM
Dec 18, 2023 9:59 AM

Jun 2023
Great calm last episode. Happy to see Iko again.

Big setup for the next season, can't wait for it to come out!
Dec 18, 2023 10:31 AM
Feb 2020
Good episode, and overall, I enjoyed this anime a lot, especially the calm moments. Teru is such a cutie
Dec 18, 2023 10:34 AM

Oct 2017
Nice wrap up to the season with a bit more of Pepesha and more on Shy. Damn she had an older sister who died. Does all the heroes have someone close to them dead or what. Nice interactions between Teru and Koishikawa, they are on first name basis finally.

Was a good first season, it was mostly buildup and some characterisation but enjoyed watching it. Specially the Pepesha arc was quite emotional. Looking forward to season 2.
MegamiRemDec 26, 2023 9:10 AM
Dec 18, 2023 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
Season 2 or the second cour whatever the hell you wanna call it, can’t come soon enough. 😩

Such a cute finale that showcased how far Teru’s come. Saw some people criticise this Pepesha/Tzveta arc as taking up too much time, but it was massive for Teru’s development as well as establishing Stigma’s motives, methods and goals. Not to mention showing us why Pesha is the way she is. I liked it a lot.

Back home in Japan, it’s nice to see Iko again. Kind of a full circle moment since Teru’s progression started with saving her in episode 1. Teru’s cold is an important reminder that she is a normal middle school girl trying to balance saving the world with a normal life, and that can take a toll on you.

That’s really one of the biggest reasons I like this series. It’s already hard enough to be a teenager, combining it with the responsibilities she has is unimaginably worse. Luckily, she has a great best friend by her side to support her. It’s ok to share some of the weight! The two of them blushing and getting flustered around each other is so cute.

I feel like they didn’t bring up her sister being dead for no reason. If we saw Pesha’s mom used as an enemy I definitely think we’ll see Teru’s sister used against her.

Aw, they’re on first name basis now! A good friendship is always so nice to see develop

And wow, lot of set up there at the end. New villains and a sinister plot taking shape. I can not wait for more of this! One of the most underrated shows of the year.
Marinate1016Dec 18, 2023 10:44 AM
Dec 18, 2023 10:41 AM

Jul 2020
This show went so much beyond my expectations, instead of a generic battle shounen we got a warm atmosphere and such sweet characters (most of them, anyway). Glad it's getting a 2nd season.
Dec 18, 2023 10:44 AM
Nov 2022
Well, it's over, the second season has already been confirmed, so now we just have to wait to see how things develop later.

This anime was a seesaw of positive and negative opinions, at least I think it's fine to pass the time, a lot of drama, but anyway, that's life.

I liked that in the end Teru is shown with a (very slight) development in her shy and reserved personality, in addition to the fact that we were able to see a little of her past, I think I will watch the second season.
Dec 18, 2023 11:48 AM

Jan 2015
Looked pretty promising, but so much of the time went into the Pepesha stuff that it made me uninterested. I'm still interested for season 2 though as I feel that it has a good basis. The Pepesha stuff just fell flat for me and took up a lot of this season.
Dec 18, 2023 12:39 PM
Jan 2022
Why do shows even bother with the not showing faces? it essentially ruins whatever reveal they are waiting to set up.
Dec 18, 2023 1:10 PM

Apr 2023
I had a lot of mixed feelings with this series. Story doesn't seem to be that interesting at all, some of the characters are just like a copy paste of other characters. I saw a couple of people here hyped because of Kufufu, but tbh she kinda ruined the Tzveta/Pepesha arc imo. That being said, there were some good moments like the fight vs Stardust, the climbing episode and obviously the Pepesha mini arc. Last episode was okay I guess, it honestly felt like a filler.

I can't say I'm excited for S2, I feel they made a mistake by not doing 24 episodes from the very beginning. Overall 6/10, kinda cute but won't recommend this to anyone to watch, unless you like talk no jutsu, then it's prolly fine.
Dec 18, 2023 1:27 PM
Apr 2020
Decent first season .
Pesha arc surely lifted this series up it seems most of the enemies would be someone the hero's knew .
I wonder if the girl beside stigma at the end was the sister? But don't she will appear before shy anytime soon maybe she's the last boss . Looking forward to season 2

Stigmas plan seems to very similar to the infinite tsukuyomi except here everyone should have the same dream?
Looks like he wants every heart to join as one
Dec 18, 2023 2:13 PM
May 2017
Very good ending episode of a very good series! The announced second season is welcome and it will be a pleasure!

Shy 2nd Season will resume the story.
leonardobarbaDec 18, 2023 3:21 PM
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 18, 2023 2:17 PM
May 2017
Reply to MegamiRem
Nice wrap up to the season with a bit more of Pepesha and more on Shy. Damn she had an older sister who died. Does all the heroes have someone close to them dead or what. Nice interactions between Teru and Koishikawa, they are on first name basis finally.

Was a good first season, it was mostly buildup and some characterisation but enjoyed watching it. Specially the Pepesha arc was quite emotional. Looking forward to season 2.
@MegamiRem I already am waiting for Teru's arc, hinted at the end of this episode.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 18, 2023 2:22 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty alright, yet as a hero themed series not as fun as My Hero and the talk no Jutsu and emotional moments can't hold a candle to Naruto either xD I lost the bit of euphoria I had during the middle of the season.

Season two still seems promising enough to stick with it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2023 3:20 PM
May 2022
I see potential in this but also the first season was mostly just fine and nothing too special. If anything I’m more looking forward to reading the manga because art is really good. As it stands 6/10
Dec 18, 2023 3:35 PM

Aug 2014
I really need the name of some of the tracks in here. The one at the end with the angel? girl specially :D

Nice anime, I think apart from the alchohol romantacization and kinda revelaing clothes, it was a very good anime.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 18, 2023 3:37 PM

Dec 2013
That was a nice finale, I like Iko so I hope we get to see more of her, same about Lady Black, I'm glad we got to see her once more but shame she didn't do her introduction : (

S2 already announced so more Kufufu is a good thing, the one thing I really didn't like for some reason was Sugita being cast as the shrimp, It never felt right for me.
Dec 18, 2023 4:59 PM

Sep 2021
A good episode to round up the first season. I like how they linked Teru's progress to both her fight with Stardust and climbing the mountain with Lady Black. She has grown so much!

Teru and Iko were also really good. I'm glad they don't neglect the SoL part in favor of pushing the main plot.

And finally, I can't wait to see more of Stigma and his gang next season!

Looking back on the show, I still have no idea why it gets so much hate. Usually I can at least comprehend the problems people have with shows, but this one is an exception. In my opinion, it did abseloutly nothing wrong. The only thing that could be used against it was how it's not all that fast and flashy yet, but I believe were merely past the prologue here.

So: Why was Shy such a great experience? It has tons of strong points. Teru herself is a very charismatic main character and her progress - both as a hero and as a person - was wonderful to witness. The "Fillers" were heartwarming and inspirational. The supporting characters are likeable and the villains, while not having much of a spotlight so far, are very intriguing. And the main arc of the season revolving around Pepesha and Tzveta was sooo emotional!

But the best part is the structure of the story. These days, so many Action shows are rushed and try to be edgy and flashy. Unfortunately, much to the appeal of the community, as those titles are super popular. Meanwhile Shy makes sure to give everything time. The character development, the fights themselves, the world-building, the villains - that's also the reason why I believe S1 was more like a prologue and I'm so hyped for the second season. This show has a lot of potential left and I'm sure Season 2 will have more than one moment to dethrone Pesha Vs. Tzveta!

I'm glad I found this show and I pray it gets more appretiation in the future. 9/10.

Dec 18, 2023 5:02 PM

May 2019
Well I'm glad that season 2 (or 2nd cour) is official since this season felt more like an introduction to the characters and then a focus on Pepesha and her mom. The scenes with Pepesha and her mom stuck out to me with how hard they had it and in this episode I felt a bit of sadness for Kufufu who is "fishing" for her friend Tzveta which I think isn't coming back. In the 2nd half of this episode it was nice to see Teru's friend Iko and that she felt some relief that heroes are still human and can get sick.

Anyways, I thought the animation and character designs were good and the storyline was decent, and I don't mind that it dragged a bit since we're getting more.

7/10
Dec 18, 2023 6:05 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i want to give Teru the biggest fucking hug lol
Dec 18, 2023 6:21 PM
Mar 2023
The voice actress for the sister sounds really familiar, but I can't quite place her.
Dec 18, 2023 6:25 PM

Sep 2011
Mediocre end to a mediocre series. Kufufu was the only redeeming factor. Will not be watching season 2
Dec 18, 2023 7:24 PM

Oct 2022
Well, looks like Teru's sister is with Stigma, too.....that should be interestingly deep. Nice 2nd season incoming.

Dec 18, 2023 8:06 PM

Nov 2022
Amaraririku is very intriguing that keeps me hooked.

And Lady Black/Piltz is Best Girl, even though she did not do much her backstory alone is enough.
Dec 18, 2023 10:21 PM

Jul 2012
100 years Pepesha.
Dec 18, 2023 10:42 PM
Mar 2015
Iko and Teru are now calling each other by 1st names Stigma wants everyone to dream his dream
Dec 19, 2023 12:13 AM

Oct 2022
It had its moments, but overall a 6/10 show for me. Will watch 2nd season but my expectations are low.

Pesha best girl tho.
Dec 19, 2023 2:45 AM

Dec 2022
Felt like they just scratched the surface with this….

So I’m glad we’re getting another season.

But overall, decent superhero series.
Dec 19, 2023 3:23 AM
Apr 2022
still donno why stigma keeps trying to pick on hero's friends or family members, he's being more of a nuisance than anything. even the villains don't really feel like life threatening. maybe things will change when the kid reveals his master plan. it was a comfy cute superhero show overall 6/10
Dec 19, 2023 3:54 AM

Oct 2022
The concept of a Shy girl turned hero is quite interesting. The costume design is simple yet unique. On the production side, it's quite solid and the fight scenes are better than some action fantasy this season. And I really like how it uses manga panels for scene transitioning.

Not bad for a super-hero show, it could've been better. 7/10

Dec 19, 2023 5:12 AM

Dec 2022
Teru's dream about her sister with a censored face gives me this vibe that she's making a comeback as part of the Amaraririku or maybe we've seen her already lol.
Dec 19, 2023 7:21 AM
Mar 2023
I don't know why this anime has low rating.

But it's nice story. It's has several moment which make tearjerking such as Pepesha and her mother(D*mn that thief).

It's quite dissappointed because Iko has small appeared. I wonder if we can ship Iko with Teru.
Dec 19, 2023 8:49 AM

Oct 2022
I want to like this show more than I do. I think it has all the makings of a good show minus some... something, I don't know what, to really drag me in. If I'm being honest, I think Shy, herself, might be the weakest part of the series, not just in prowess, but just in characterization. Well we got a second season so things might(or might not) get interesting.
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 19, 2023 9:10 AM

Dec 2022
This ended up being much better than I thought it'd be, contrary to initial expectations.

Dec 19, 2023 11:44 AM

Feb 2023
I have absolutely LOVED this show! Every episode has been great. I have loved the slice of life aspects of the show. I love the artstyle and character design. The Pepesha-san arc went harder that it had any right to! I really hope we get another season. Definitely going to have to pick up the manga!!!
Dec 19, 2023 11:51 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to Phantom_373
Yesssss!!! I’ve seen it was announced for a season 2!!! I knew from the pacing of season 1 and that supposedly this was meant to be 24 episodes that we’d get a season 2!

I’m hyped!

It’s really funny that at the beginning of the episode I was thinking how I wanted to see more of stardust and the like a minute later there he was 😂😂😂

Seeing Teru back with iko reminds me how much I love the slice of life side of things way more than the action.

I kinda feel bad for Kofufu after losing tzveta and stigma is still creepy af. I’m curious to see we’re the story will head in season 2
@Phantom_373 I'm so happy that we're getting another season!!! Iko taking care of Teru with a cold was so sweet. I usually get a bad vibe from Stardust at first, but then he always ends up being a solid dude. Love those triangular glasses...lol. I bet Kufufu is going to be a really cool villain in the next season. This might be the AOTS for me!!!
Dec 19, 2023 11:57 AM

Aug 2022
BlueBullet178 said:
@Phantom_373 I'm so happy that we're getting another season!!! Iko taking care of Teru with a cold was so sweet. I usually get a bad vibe from Stardust at first, but then he always ends up being a solid dude. Love those triangular glasses...lol. I bet Kufufu is going to be a really cool villain in the next season. This might be the AOTS for me!!!

I agree this was a top 3 of the season for me and just generally has become one of my favourite anime’s ever. Same with Teru she’s a great mc and now one of my favourites.
Dec 19, 2023 4:19 PM

Oct 2022
A decent watch. A more down to earth, heavier feel than most superhero stories, focusing a lot on the daily and lifetime struggles of a timid personality. I feel like it's a bit underrated, as it was pretty well done and a bit unique, even if it wasn't personally my favorite type of show. A season 2 would be fine, but I also am 50/50 on whether I'd fire it up.
Dec 19, 2023 4:44 PM

Dec 2022
Definitely underrated show in this season. I'll be eagerly awaiting S2.
Dec 20, 2023 12:14 AM

Apr 2015
I think I already posted this in another thread but the antagonists' motives are far too vague.
I'm unsure at what they're trying to do despite Stigma spelling it out for us. What even is freeing your dark emotions? Why would you do that at all? Why would you operate this inefficiently, and not use your powers in a more open setting and actually be a threat, like in say Gatchaman Crowds? Why are the heroes acting so reactively/passively despite the existence of a supposedly dangerous foe?

The 'one hero in a country' system always felt weird too.
The whole setting feels too 'low density'. I think they needed to do one out of 1. Greatly scale down the setting(at least for the opening arcs) 2. Greatly increase the number of characters
LanzDec 20, 2023 12:21 AM
Dec 20, 2023 2:15 AM

Oct 2022
Lovely but ominous season ending there. I really don't like Kufufu fishing around for Lenya in that creepy pool there. Nothing good can come out of that.

Otherwise, it was fun to see Iko and Teru just being normal lesbians highschool girls this episode. It was relaxing. I also enjoyed Stardust's words for her. Really great guy.
Dec 20, 2023 5:20 AM

Dec 2022
This was such a story build up for Shy I really did enjoy the show a lot knowing they're foe Stigma can alter peoples hearts into something full of despair I'm looking forward for season 2 thats been announced so can't wait! :D
Dec 20, 2023 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
Had a promising start but got rather boring and underwhelming pretty soon, NGL. The world feels so small and we basically saw Shy and Spirit, the rest of the heroes got basic introductions so are pretty forgettable. IMO 12 episodes should've explored the world better. Not a fan of main antagonist and his gang either, or how the world is apparently at peace because of how many heroes again? Gonna check S2 too, but sadly not gonna have high hopes for it.
Dec 20, 2023 12:55 PM

Mar 2008
Im glad this will get another season. I wound up liking it more than I expected. Has some boring points but other times it does a good job at being cute or touching.
Dec 20, 2023 4:48 PM

Nov 2022
So the blonde hero Shy has a figure of could be her sister?
Kinda weird since they avoided showing the face of that one all this time and maybe she'll even get reincarnate like Tzeveta.

Anyways underwhelming series throughout 6/10.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shy Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

43 by TurnipFan »»
Sep 10, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Shy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2023

53 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Shy Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2023

90 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Shy Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

37 by Gabu-sama »»
Jul 26, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Shy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2023

122 by Apreggi »»
Jul 22, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.