Forum Settings
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2023 3:16 PM

Jan 2018
Oh dear, just as Gudrid's giving birth they're about to be attacked. I highly doubt they'll be able to get into the house though with Cordelia standing in their way though, they'll definitely get their moment to shine.

Side note I'm glad Einar is calling Thorfinn out on his ideals and what this means to each of them individually because I'm tired of the preachiness being so one sided with Thorfinn this arc.

Next chapter out late November
Sep 27, 2023 5:27 PM
Oct 2020
Well there goes Thorfinn's dream and hopes.
I really really hope they run from seeing Cordelia or something. Plz don't go there plz
Sep 27, 2023 5:58 PM
Aug 2020
Great chapter

I don’t want to say that I’m glad

But peace can’t come that easily

Thorfinn must do more…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 27, 2023 6:07 PM

May 2016
Oh, this isn't good, on multiple levels.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Sep 27, 2023 6:45 PM

Apr 2022
oh my, it's already going down and thorfinn has no idea. thorfinn will lose it if they attack the house with the baby, it's not looking good. einar makes a good point. chaos amongst the tribes' own people as well. that's a long break until november 24th.
Sep 27, 2023 10:35 PM
Aug 2022
So the fighting begins huh...I was expecting conflict, but it seems like everything's going to crap very fast, which does make sense, but I don't think I'm ready for it. It's weird, even while reading a fictional story that's been peaceful for many chapters now, when conflict breaks out I get a sense of anxiety.

No new chapter next month tho unfortunately.
Sep 28, 2023 1:02 AM
Jan 2021
Cordelia is probably gonna die...
Sep 28, 2023 2:17 AM
Feb 2022
" It's not looking good bruv, it's not looking good" 😢🗣️
Sep 28, 2023 2:28 AM
Jun 2021
Noo they are after Thorfinn even though he said he was gonna leave, and the guy with bear fur already ordered the people to attack and now they are going for Gudrid's house. The baby is also gonna be born this night. It's going down for the worse
Sep 28, 2023 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
Oof, I mean we knew this would be the outcome given what truly happened back then but still pretty hard to watch.

Einar raised an interesting point though. Thorfinn did put his ideals above the village and his people's needs. He easily decided to leave Vinland without even discussing this with the rest of his people who basically left everything behind to start anew. Will he able to do the same when he sees that the village is already getting pillaged while his wife is giving birth?
Sep 28, 2023 5:08 PM
Dec 2019
Can't WAIT for the next chapter to come out, peace was never an option for those who seek it.
Sep 29, 2023 5:53 AM

Nov 2021
Interesting chapter. Things are going to get serious soon.
Oct 2, 2023 11:40 AM

Jan 2009
here we go the war started

it all returns to nothing, it all comes tumbling down tumbling down tumbling down
Oct 3, 2023 11:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Some violent panels the likes of which we have not seen in a long time in Vinland Saga. Sad but inevitable. Sooner or later conflict comes whether you want it or not and in some way or another that you cannot foresee.

Thorfinn's vow will be tested to the max. Will he stick to no violence when the life of his wife and children is at stake? And Einar has a very valid point. Thorfinn while the leader, is acting like a absolute king making these kinds of decisions on behalf of others without consulting them. At all. He doesn't have the right to do that under Icelandic tradition. They're colonizers, not a war party where the commander gets to make these decisions.

And agh, you just feel that poor Cordelia might be going to meet a brutal end trying to save the people in the hut.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 4, 2023 11:08 PM
Nov 2022
Thorfinn and einar both are right, it becomes so complex. I was happy that now everything is gonna settle down with peace but
As the prophecy - can thorfinn manage to fail the prophecy
It was near impossible from the beginning because men seek violence and love fight .
From the beginning it was thorfinn vs others
can thorfinn alone manage to establish peace.
i have also in so many situations of 1 vs others
and mostly failed
Love to see how thorfinn will manage

Hoping that Cordelia stops them please 🥺
( instinct saying gudrid will get killed and how thorfinn reacts + how thorfinn manage carli ( child) 😰)

Can't wait for the next chapter . ( break in monthly manga 💔 )
Oct 5, 2023 4:10 AM
Oct 2015
shit is about to go down...
chapter for chapter weve been seeing thorfinns idieology being challenged and him holding on desperately, i think were either going to see him break or reevaluate his ideology
Oct 7, 2023 8:01 PM
Dec 2020
greatest of all time
Oct 9, 2023 6:09 AM

Nov 2014
Reply to Krish158
Cordelia is probably gonna die...
@Krish158 Child of Thorkell, I doubt it.
Oct 10, 2023 4:38 AM

Mar 2017
Another peak chapter.
Thorfinn will have his "True Warrior" test, just like Thors. Also, both Thors and Askeladd died to protect something close to them.
I wonder if Thorfinn will follow that fate.. Will he die to protect it all, will he try and fight/defend it, or will he just leave the first chance he gets.
Oct 10, 2023 9:42 AM

May 2020
This has gone south. We're almost at a point.. no not even almost, where two sides will make a show of bloodshed. The kind we used to a see a lot in the first half.

Thorfinn and co. has pursuers, Arnheid's village is already under attack and there's the word of Thorfinn that the nords would leave the island, which if not completely, has soured the relation between Thorfinn and Einar.

Just so much happening. Though I pray for Cordelia, honestly.
Oct 21, 2023 7:08 AM
Apr 2020
looks promising like how bro of throffin wont abandon the vinland
Oct 21, 2023 10:36 AM

May 2020
MAL asks if I loved or hated it, I say I loved it but man I hated it, my stomach is now as agitated as that tribe meeting
The death of a man is a horrible thing; the death of a million is statistics.
Oct 21, 2023 10:38 AM

May 2020
Reply to otakuweek
Great chapter

I don’t want to say that I’m glad

But peace can’t come that easily

Thorfinn must do more…
@otakuweek nah peace simply won't come. Both because Yukimura is loyal to History and because both Thorfinn and Canute need to fail in their attempts, or the story would absolutely award one strategy and mock the other one, which is something Yukimura showed no intentions of doing.
The death of a man is a horrible thing; the death of a million is statistics.
Oct 24, 2023 7:57 AM
May 2021
Shit man, Thorfinn just wants peace ahhh!! Just caught up to peakland saga, this shit is too good man.
Nov 13, 2023 3:54 AM
May 2022
I had been wondering what thorfinn would do if he was being attacked after he settled. so far his peace ideology seem so easy to do with him being on the run most of the time i wouldve hated it if it ended without such conflicts where his decision truly shows how one can achieve a live wothout enemies and conflicts. very exciting for what comes next. this has the potential to be an amazing arc
Jan 16, 12:23 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Finally the natives attacked and murdered innocent people, it's just the beginning of the war!
kekeke
Oct 14, 8:12 PM
Oct 2024
Gud gud gud gud gud

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 214 Discussion

otakuweek - Sep 24

19 by Skaldi2 »»
Oct 7, 2:08 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 213 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Aug 25

16 by Ranxomare »»
Sep 11, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 212 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Jun 25

26 by Unkrowned »»
Sep 4, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 191 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BigPPFumiya - Feb 25, 2022

78 by Unkrowned »»
Sep 4, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 172 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

39 by Unkrowned »»
Sep 3, 3:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.