Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2023 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
This basically feels like Luciel trying to beat the main quest of the story as he ascends more floors. A very generic style of RPG storytelling but it is what it is.

Obviously, he also had to use all his acquired skills and knowledge to get pass this obstacle. A lot of action in this finale as it pretty much build Luicel for this final battle, at least for this season.
Sep 21, 2023 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
St. Weirdo hasn't come up to the surface. What gives?

Down at the labyrinth's 50th Floor, Luciel prepares for the big bad final boss: King Wight, and he's not that easy to defeat. Even with the new Sanctuary Circle skill that uses a lot of power, Luciel has only one chance to get it right and sustain it with potions until he's completely destroyed. A portal opens, and Luciel enters through the door which leads to the deep underground and a dragon in hibernation. Using the same sanctuary circle to defeat it with all of his potions, instead, it grants him a treasure of a reward and a special privilege to ask him of anything.

Luciel, not being tempted by the treasure, the dragon imbues its protection on him, and with all of the items picked up, he is naturally teleported back to the dungeon entrance, where Cattleya embraces him and brings him to the Church where epople are protesting to free St. Weirdo, which his showing up is a relief to everyone, especially Instructor Brod, after half a year of disappearance. Luciel reinstates healing, but yet with all the training, he still could not defeat Brod.

A farewell after that, the report to the pope is resounding, though Lumina's Valkyrie army could not try their efforts to save Luciel, just falling short of where he is. The details reported in minute detail, plus the holy white dragon from the 50th Floor, this is some top-secret stuff not to be spoken otutside the doors. Oh welp, to level up means quitting the God's Lament of Substance X, no wonder his level was always stuck at Level 1. With the ceremony, Luciel being promoted to a S-rank healer, this was his first time giving a speech since his salaryman days, and he did a decent job since the start of his new life.

Luciel's life is just beginning, and the story continues...in the manga (which is near close to the LN)!

A decent series that wears its heart on its sleeve, and a good slice-of-life at that.
KANLen09Sep 21, 2023 11:25 AM
Sep 21, 2023 11:14 AM
Sep 2015
Seems like Luciel had more trouble defeating boss in level 40th than boss in level 50th. Though it's not strange that semi-final boss is harder than final boss since final boss has to deliver a conclusion story as well, if the player retries too many times it might interrupt the seamless experience.

Luciel just clear a labyrinth by himself but Brod still beat him very easily. Just how strong Brod is!

I wish this has a sequel, I like it more than I expect, especially the music department. The adventure theme is very emotional.
Sep 21, 2023 11:30 AM
May 2023
Its wasn't quite right, there's a lot of information added but a lot explained. I loved the whole show. Please Season 2.
I did like the extra dragon quest, but now I want more.
Sep 21, 2023 11:34 AM
Mar 2022
Personally, i liked the reveal of his gift to the mute girl. shed a tear on that one. but yeah brod sensei is op level 400+ and assassin beast man seems to be a lot stronger too.
Sep 21, 2023 11:34 AM

Feb 2019
Wow that was actually a really cool finale. Luciel survives the dungeon and is officially a bishop!

Had no idea that much time had passed while he was gone. 6 months of dungeon crawling is wild, but certainly worth it in the end. Meeting the holy dragon was cool, but I wish they didn’t cut to black when he was explaining the lore. Idk if it’s like that in the book or what, but I wanted to hear! The new gear he got will certainly be put to good use.

Cattleya who’s usually really composed and kind of a tsundere with Luciel couldn’t contain her joy at seeing him again. I imagine anyone would be worried considering he was going to levels of the dungeon that no one’s come back from in a long time. The people missed their saint weirdo.

I like how even after all of that training Luciel still can’t beat Brod. Gives us as the audience something to anticipate and look forward to as Luciel continues to grow. Even though the pacing was really bad at times during this show, I appreciate that they want to emphasise Luciel’s development. Just felt like it could’ve been done a more efficiently.

So as everyone thought, substance X was what was holding Luciel’s level back the whole time. Temp buffs but long term consequences. At this point it’s probably time to let it go lol.

Is that the first time we’ve seen the Pope’s face? Wow she’s gorgeous as I’d expected.

The girls back home caught the bouquet at the wedding. Wedding bells for them soon?

I liked the last 4 episodes of this show a lot. When Luciel got to the capital the pacing and story got a lot better. Might check out the books at some point.
Marinate1016Sep 21, 2023 11:46 AM
Sep 21, 2023 11:49 AM
Dec 2021
did not enjoy this much.
Sep 21, 2023 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
well, it was pretty enjoyable series, good conclusion we have, with some hope for S2. my personal like in Seija Musou is the OST by Sahashi Toshihiko, i just adore his music (and so i gave 8/10 only because of this fact).
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Sep 21, 2023 11:55 AM
Feb 2022
I really loved it and I hope there will be a second season.
Sep 21, 2023 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Anyone know what chapter of the manga this ends on?
Sep 21, 2023 12:38 PM
Apr 2022
The Ending is very wholesome.
I cried when that girl started speaking.
Best Ending for Season 1, now waiting for Season 2.
Sep 21, 2023 1:10 PM
Oct 2021
I think this was such a wholesome a rad Clif hanger for a healer story. 4 of of 5 simply bc I want him to be at least higher than level one now 😂
Sep 21, 2023 1:33 PM

Mar 2021
This was a fine finale for the season. It feels like real milestones were reached, and it ended a conclusive arch.

Overall, it is hard to really dislike this series. The pacing is quite methodical, especially early on, but it works since there is not really any obvious overarching story/plot. It makes the whole thing have much more of a slice-of-life feel, while introducing a pretty sizable cast of characters and doing some interesting world building. But with the revelations that came with the completion of the labyrinth, it feels like this is also a story that could seriously shift gears as it continues. I would be more than happy to see a second season.
Sep 21, 2023 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Luciel MVP.

Good ending where the MC can finally go and do as he pleases for the most part.

The pacing of the show wasn't ideal in the beginning but it still turned out quite well.
Sep 21, 2023 2:58 PM

Jun 2016
The anime was good, not a masterpiece but a solid 7, I gave it 8 because I'm very interested in the story, I think I'll start to read the light novel.
Sep 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Jul 2019
It was nice it was explained in the end why Luciel's level was stuck at one. Not to mention all his hard work finally paid off! The ending was a very good one and surprisingly the whole show was a pretty solid one.
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Sep 21, 2023 4:03 PM
Jul 2021
Too bad this anime wasted so much of it's potential on nonsensical stuff, like wasting 9 episodes on Luciel "training" to get stronger and what not. How come this dude just cleared a labyrinth alone mind you, and still can't land one punch on his sensei?! Give me a break!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 21, 2023 4:38 PM

Aug 2014
I wanted to give it 7, but I changed to 8/10 because I think it is underrated on MAL.
The OP and ED aren't special in either visuals or music. Animation is so-so. BUT the story is fun to watch! It is simple easy to watch and gets better each episode, maybe I liked it because of statistics of Luciel, maybe because he was so nice, maybe because he is not full of anger or super powers revived hero, maybe because we wanted to be a healer? I think there are more maybe, I don't know myself, but I liked the story and I would like to watch second season :)
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 21, 2023 7:28 PM

Oct 2011
This franchise deserves a continuation.
Sep 21, 2023 7:38 PM
Dec 2021
Dude, seriously, this anime series was absolutely awesome. It left me on the brink of my seat and, I feel an immediate need for a second season!

Now I want to go straight to the manga or light novel. I don't know why, but this series is so addictive that it's hard not to look forward to more. The thing I most highlight is the way it manages to develop each character so well. It definitely has immense potential and I can't wait to see where this story takes us in the future.
kitohaSep 21, 2023 7:43 PM
Sep 21, 2023 7:39 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to zash13x
This franchise deserves a continuation.
@zash13x Absolutely!
Sep 21, 2023 7:45 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to okp-sama
The Ending is very wholesome.
I cried when that girl started speaking.
Best Ending for Season 1, now waiting for Season 2.
@okp-sama <3 I agree with you
Sep 21, 2023 8:06 PM

Nov 2012
I really enjoyed St. Weirdo and his antics. I hope there is a season 2. He needs to quest with the adventurers to find the other holy dragons, especially since he's th e only one that can protect them. I also want him to find out the Pope is an elf.
Sep 21, 2023 8:25 PM

Feb 2019
i'm hoping this gets renewed for a 2nd season. i wanna see how Luciel reforms the public's view on healers.
Sep 21, 2023 8:29 PM
Dec 2016
it was good. i enjoyed it quite a bit
Sep 21, 2023 8:42 PM

Mar 2013
Great series, even if they skipped a lot of chapters... I obviously know they will stop at this point of the story, because they're skipping a lot of mechanics... especially, the long adventures of Luciel in the dungeons... just remembering the source not getting adapted to its fullest is really annoying... sigh...

Anyway, the info dump is amazingly well done. BUT STILL ANNOYING!!!

If there will be a sequel, I do hope it comes... but because of what they did here, and skipping a lot of stuff, it usually leads to a non-sequel path.

P.S. I'd recommend reading the manga/LN from the start.
CrazyButNot4USep 21, 2023 8:45 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 21, 2023 11:05 PM
Mar 2021
I'll see if I can continue the manga
Sep 21, 2023 11:07 PM

Mar 2016
Better Isekai for this season.
As marathon watcher, i almost crying when the little girls is able to speak again which i bet many seasonal watcher will forgot. A welcome suprise

8/10 for enjoyement
Looking foward for s2
RioAlSep 21, 2023 11:10 PM

Sep 21, 2023 11:07 PM

Mar 2019
This more grounded to RPG element than I expected, not gonna complain cuz I enjoyed most of it. Not everything perfectly adapted since it was an anime to begin with, but at least the main point is delivered welly done.
Sep 21, 2023 11:18 PM
Jan 2019
So this adapted just the first two light novels from what I can glean from their Synopses.

That would explain why people felt the pacing was a bit on the slow side, but I enjoyed it overall. The labyrinths end seemed a bit rushed, but maybe those omissions were meant to leave a slight hook for the next season...?

Will probably end up giving the source a read while I wait for a sequel to be confirmed.
Sep 22, 2023 1:19 AM

Mar 2008
I don't even know what to think of this show. It seems to get so many things wrong that even a mid tier isekai often does fine with but it actually did pretty good at doing an actual hero's journey which is usually brushed under the rug for an OP MC in so many isekai. I kind of hated the art style and animation just looked weird to me at times and the humour is a miss for me in most cases which primarily consisted of repeating the same three jokes over and over again. Also a bit too repetitive. Really the whole series could have been done in just seven episodes and would have been better in some ways. I did wind up liking it more than I did going into it though and it ended on a strong point while not fantastic it was a good ending and satisfying he actually was able to set price standards for healing.
Sep 22, 2023 2:08 AM
Jul 2020
very good anime
yes yes
Sep 22, 2023 8:45 AM
Oct 2022
Fun to watch and not heavy to watch
Sep 22, 2023 9:51 AM
May 2021
Very good anime waiting for season 2
Sep 22, 2023 10:31 AM

Dec 2022
This anime was one that you would watch to pass the time, but it has come in my opinion to have a very interesting storyline. I certainly hope that we get a season 2!
Sep 22, 2023 11:52 AM
Feb 2015
Ngl when I went into this show I wasn't expecting too much but I definitely liked this a lot by the end of it, it was a pretty fun journey to watch!
And one of the people I remember seeing their comment for was correct in that Substance X really did hold back on levelling you up ahahahahah

Tho I am surprised he was gone for half a year in the labyrinth, they really didn't make it seem he was there that long outside of us being told this by everyone but I thought perhaps there would be some explanation of this, which there was none of.
The final episode did feel a little rushed trying to tie loose ends but I am happy with how they ended it even showing how Sheila was starting to get her voice too which was something most people would've forgotten happened the other episode.

Real nice that like by the end of this it does lead more room for more activities considering that his journey isn't exactly over entirely but I wouldn't mind a season 2 for this ahahah
Sep 22, 2023 3:01 PM
Jan 2022
Kyouka011 said:
Very good anime waiting for season 2

will it get a season 2?
Sep 22, 2023 6:13 PM
Jul 2008
This is weird anime. As an isekai, there's nothing isekai about the anime.

The anime would be much better if only it doesn't spend half of the season for the training arc.

Looking forward on next season if they ever make one.
Sep 22, 2023 9:51 PM
Apr 2023
I found the ending really satisfying (it ended so much stronger than the midpoint episodes). The speech at the end was a nice conclusion to the season, and was satisfying to see things developed, solved and wrapped up for now (with possibility of other options if there's another season).
Sep 23, 2023 10:08 PM

Feb 2011
Best isekai of the season, but i wish when he did his speech he would've mentioned he got the DRAGON SLAYER title.

I mean, i'd be parading the shit out of that alone.

I'll miss substance X :(

7/10

Sep 24, 2023 3:50 AM

Jul 2020
it got very boring in the latest episodes but overall I guess it's passable, 5/10, I definitely won't miss this show
Sep 24, 2023 4:45 AM

Jan 2021
It was pretty mediocre. 5/10. Didn't enjoy.
Roxy

Sep 24, 2023 7:27 PM

Jul 2022
Many jokes were hurt in the making of this show. Please pray for their speedy recovery.
Sep 25, 2023 2:28 AM

Feb 2022
The first part of the season was very repetitive and the many time skips and what felt like skipped content to progress the story including how quickly events happened in the final episode leave this show lacking in a lot of ways.

There are hints at what could be a good series with the deeper story of corruption in the church (which makes little sense when you compare the churches deeds to the popes character) also this new story about saving the dragons. However we wasted so much time on boring training arcs that could have been condensed and very bland character development where each girl feels the same so why do we need more than one. Even his powers are explored poorly and him getting beat so badly by his instructor at the end just makes it harder to tell his power level.

Final score from people seems a bit high at a 7.
Sep 25, 2023 5:34 AM

Jul 2015
Decent series, I enjoyed our maso-zombie healer's introducing affordable healthcare, but I wish the training segments were either more condensed as it got quite repetitive or more eventful as not much happened.

Sep 25, 2023 4:52 PM
Feb 2020
I really liked this show. More than what I expected. It has its flaws, yes, but overall you definitely can spend a good time watching this.
My "only" (main) problem with Seija Musou is how Brod or Lumina are just so much stronger than Luciel. Even the other Valkyries. I find it hard to make sense in my little head. Look what this dude manage to accomplish in the last episode. Now you tell me that Brod can easily defeat him? You tell me that Lumina was stuck on the 30th floor? Hard to believe. To be more credible/realistic, I would have prefered to see Luciel almost being able to draw against his mentor, then Brod reveal he has one or two last special technique to catch Luciel off guard. I would accept that better, even if the result is the same (often times, it's not really the content that matters, but how things are portrayed and shown)

Anyway, good show overall. Really. It's not the next Demon Slayer, AOT, Naruto, One Piece or whatever... But I do wish to see a season 2 soon ! 8/10 for me. (Bonus point for the goofy opening)

edit: I see some people complaining about the "training arc" duration. I mean yes it was long, but at the same time, that's why it's different from other isekai anime. People trash talk isekai when the MC is OP for no reason, but they also dislike it when the show is a bit logical showing someone actually training for a long time to get their power (and Luciel was rather a fast learner actually). So what shall we do? Not all studios have the budget, talent or time to create Demon Slayer type of animation. They do with what they have, and it turned out great imo. Doesn't need to be perfect and grandiose. This isekai even manage to create somewhat of a link between his past life and mc's current one (could have highlighted it more, it's true).
I guess there's always be someone complaing about isekais. But sometimes I do wonder what are your expactations for an isekai to be good? Or an anime in general?

Maybe it's just me who's an easy audiene? IDK
NK3Sep 25, 2023 5:10 PM
Sep 25, 2023 5:44 PM

Sep 2014
At first glance the show looks very generic, but actually after 12 eps. I can say it was pleasurable journey. Mostly good pacing, the story continues by years and it's plesant to watch someone grownth which wasn't done in like one anime month. There's many bland, repeating jokes/fanservice but they can be ignored and show can be enjoyable despite that.
Sep 28, 2023 12:16 AM
Sep 2023
not bad its ok goodjob
Sep 29, 2023 1:33 AM

Oct 2008
Found this weirdly enjoyable. Hated the character designs though.
Oct 1, 2023 9:16 PM

Oct 2022
Other than several mediocre elements such as the animation, I was pleasantly surprised by this show. Wouldn't mind a second season. Also does it matter that he hasn't leveled up? He seems to be gaining strength regardless.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2023

44 by Karuhun »»
Sep 7, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

26 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2023

35 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

27 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Seija Musou: Salaryman, Isekai de Ikinokoru Tame ni Ayumu Michi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2023

36 by ST63LTH »»
May 26, 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.