Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
This would of been a nearly perfect birthday for Blade if it wasn't for all the monsters and chaos that just happened.

On the other hand, he should be very glad he has so many friends that care about him. Happy Birthday to Blade.
Sep 10, 2023 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
Aw, Blade has such supportive friends.

Since childhood, Blade has been a valiant hero, yet he's never marked his birthday. This time, Ernest and the gang endeavor to rustle up his cherished dish, cutlet curry, for a long-awaited celebration. However, the sly maneuvers of the king lead them into a perilous encounter with monstrous creatures within the royal larder. Now, they must embark on a quest to obtain the necessary ingredients. The oddly grown flora and fauna baffle Ernest and his companions.

Yes Ernest is your typical tsundere, and I'm here for it of course, but this episode just shows she's really supportive of Blade and how willing she is to do something for him like make a special curry. Episode was miles better than the last, though it's not hard to top whatever happened last episode.. Though it was ruined by the monsters a little bit, Blade still had a Happy Birthday.

Just an all a round joyous episode.

Sep 10, 2023 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
“Someone a long time ago told me boys should never cry” “for the first time I feel like I’ve truly been born into this world”

Aww ngl I wasn’t expecting that type of beautiful and emotional ending to the episode from this show. Goosebumps. They’ve had a few moments that were supposed to be emotional like the Maria stuff, but it never landed quite like this episode making this the best this show’s had.

Knowing everyone went thru all that to get the ingredients for a meal just for blade to celebrate his birthday was really beautiful. Shoutout to Ernst for coordinating and pulling it all off. Feel like she should’ve been the one over Maou to get the kiss today for all her hard work lol. All she got was a little touch in the bath before getting cockblocked :/

Little bit of fanservice, silly action like fighting literal corn and an emotional ending. An all around solid episode.
Marinate1016Sep 10, 2023 8:14 AM
Sep 10, 2023 8:57 AM

Mar 2016
Being able to have those feelings is the best way to know you're alive.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Sep 10, 2023 9:13 AM

Jan 2022
Dam, the ending scene got me in the feels. Almost had me cry, too. Though I'm happy for Blade, he got a power up and a birthday meal from all his friends.
Sep 10, 2023 9:19 AM

Jan 2023
Well, these ingredients were slightly more difficult to obtain than the ones at your local supermaket.
Very amusing episode, with a cute ending.
Sep 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
Welcome to the Gourmet World, where's Toriko? oh wait... wrong series :p
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 10, 2023 11:15 AM

Nov 2022
Did anyone notice how after slicing the Behemoth in half, the tree and clouds also got shaved off? That was a fun detail haha. Pretty good episode, I am happy for Blade :)
Sep 10, 2023 11:19 AM

Jul 2008
How awesome is Ashita no Joe to be referred in so many titles? XD

Are there other references in the episode?

Also, I'm baffled. The closure scene was actually pretty good.

And now I know why there are so many Sophies in the opening.
Give me the spolier: does this end with a Sophies harem within the series harem? Misaka sisters? Fusion?
My candies:
Sep 10, 2023 12:04 PM

May 2019
It took me a minute to realize why everyone except Blade was motivated to be put in that survival area but of course it was for the group to gather fancy (or is it royal?) ingredients for Blade's birthday curry meal! The scene with Earnest and Blade in the hot springs... Earnest was going to make a move until her friends stepped in lol.

At the end there, I thought it was actually a little touching how Blade reacted considering he never had a birthday celebration and that he also realized that everyone worked hard just for his birthday meal. On a side note, did anyone else notice how that living cabbage looked?
Sep 10, 2023 1:00 PM

Mar 2019
You can cry Blade, no one is made of iron my dear.🍷🗿
Sep 10, 2023 2:30 PM
Dec 2011
Was getting strong Monster Hunter vibes due to the very specific armor designs, the cooking, the village, and quests, and then it went crazy. Monster Hunter World did a crossover with Final Fantasy 14 in the past where you fight a giant Behemoth is a raid style fight. Hard to not relate it to that very specific crossover.
Sep 10, 2023 5:21 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
what time period is this supposed to be? its obviously a mix of medieval, modern and futuristic loool
Sep 10, 2023 5:32 PM

Sep 2016
Boxing Corn! The end of this episode was really sweet.
Sep 10, 2023 9:15 PM
Jul 2020
Marinate1016 said:
“Someone a long time ago told me boys should never cry” “for the first time I feel like I’ve truly been born into this world”

Aww ngl I wasn’t expecting that type of beautiful and emotional ending to the episode from this show. Goosebumps. They’ve had a few moments that were supposed to be emotional like the Maria stuff, but it never landed quite like this episode making this the best this show’s had.

Knowing everyone went thru all that to get the ingredients for a meal just for blade to celebrate his birthday was really beautiful. Shoutout to Ernst for coordinating and pulling it all off. Feel like she should’ve been the one over Maou to get the kiss today for all her hard work lol. All she got was a little touch in the bath before getting cockblocked :/

Little bit of fanservice, silly action like fighting literal corn and an emotional ending. An all around solid episode.

This anime varies so hard between “absolute garbage” and “I actually really fucking like these characters”.
Sep 11, 2023 12:58 AM
May 2021
This anime is really fun to watch 😂😂. And that last moment of Blade kinda got tears in my eyes
Sep 11, 2023 2:19 AM

Sep 2018
I can't believe I actually felt something at the end lol, I suppose this anime ain't that bad

Sep 11, 2023 3:22 AM

Jul 2020
Compared to all the previous episodes, this one was actually pretty good
Sep 11, 2023 5:29 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
It took me a minute to realize why everyone except Blade was motivated to be put in that survival area but of course it was for the group to gather fancy (or is it royal?) ingredients for Blade's birthday curry meal! The scene with Earnest and Blade in the hot springs... Earnest was going to make a move until her friends stepped in lol.

At the end there, I thought it was actually a little touching how Blade reacted considering he never had a birthday celebration and that he also realized that everyone worked hard just for his birthday meal. On a side note, did anyone else notice how that living cabbage looked?
@Alfredo-Sauce Claire was the only one who stepped in. If she never intervened then Earnest probably would've been Blade's 1st kiss and not Maou.
Gio G. Lingad
Sep 11, 2023 6:10 AM
Jun 2019
So far this was the best episode of this work, how exciting!
Sep 11, 2023 7:14 AM
Sep 2023
Just a standard episode
Sep 11, 2023 8:29 AM
Dec 2022
It was so sweet of everyone to do that for Blade!! He spent his whole life training and fighting to become to Great Hero, he never had a chance at a normal life, so when his new friends celebrated his birthday with him it made him realize how worth while living can be.

When Mao kiss Blade, that was technically his first one right? Earnest really missed her shot😂.
Sep 11, 2023 11:05 AM

May 2019
Reply to gio_lingad
@Alfredo-Sauce Claire was the only one who stepped in. If she never intervened then Earnest probably would've been Blade's 1st kiss and not Maou.
@gio_lingad

That's right, it was pesky Claire while the other girl looked on. And speaking of that kiss that happened later on, wow it sure was wet and as expected Earnest had something to say lol.
Sep 11, 2023 11:51 AM
Apr 2013
EP 10

So they had to cut into the ed a bit. But otherwise uhm. It was at the end, but I guess this is as much character development/backstory that blade will have

This ep itself was a bit all over the place.
Its too bad claire interrupted anna, le shrug.

Next episode preview though, it says part 1, so a two parter? Every episode has more or less been a comedy, and aside from cu dragging over one ep. Dunno how serious it will be.
Sep 11, 2023 6:10 PM

Jan 2020
Was there a reason why Claire interrupted Earnest? That was so uncalled for and unnecessary
Sep 11, 2023 10:18 PM

Mar 2008
The episode wasnt great through many parts but that was a pretty good way to end it. Blade has so much support from everyone.
Sep 12, 2023 3:53 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@gio_lingad

That's right, it was pesky Claire while the other girl looked on. And speaking of that kiss that happened later on, wow it sure was wet and as expected Earnest had something to say lol.
@Alfredo-Sauce The other girl with Claire was Yessica.

I just hope chapter 15 gets adapted.
Gio G. Lingad
Sep 12, 2023 7:35 AM
Jun 2019
they cut off or changed key interactions between blade and Arnest which is kinda upsetting, but props to the animators for not using cgi for the big monsters and for a "low tier" show like this the animation is really good
Sep 13, 2023 3:10 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was quite wild, literally. Was pretty fun watching them live in the wild. Blade x Maou combination move was cool and a hot kiss. Ending scene was nice.
Sep 13, 2023 6:33 AM

Oct 2018
Another episode with a bunch of references, the various food monsters were not bad, reminded me of traditional rpg quests.
Sep 15, 2023 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
A birthday for Blade? How would he understand that concept, other than some curry through cooking in the Royal Pantry, yeah.

A no-frills hold of amazing ingredients and a tribe-like living survival lifestyle, it's back to old civilization. Yeah, Blade may be dense, but Earnest joining him in the baths is normal at this point, though she really wanted to get close to him, but got blocked, oh well. Indeed, the Royal Pantry has no short of monster-type ingredients like the Emperor Cabbage and the Boxing Corn, and Sunflowers that shoot beams. Anything goes for good food, that's the clause.

The real deal with the bememoth Beast King, which comes with hazards and audacity, killing the old king is just cannon fodder at best. And with no time at all, the Beast King is defeated at the hands of Blade and Yessica. The reward for all that: Blade's birthday and serving him curry tonkatsu, it might just be the cherished birthday he's ever had.

Slow paced, yet enjoyable at the same time.
Sep 17, 2023 3:42 AM
Jul 2023
Eh, good back ground anime
Sep 17, 2023 11:44 AM

Jun 2015
Laughing so hard this eps. I loved the costume change with the feral outfits. King clearly enjoying whole event, Hero and Mao combining power, couldnt help that kiss. Finally, we get a birthday curry! Loved it
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 19, 2023 3:27 PM

Jun 2016
"Pegasus Ryuseiken!" ah no...

Sep 19, 2023 5:29 PM
Feb 2021
anyone else catch a random marin kitagawa when skipping the op?
Sep 25, 2023 3:17 PM

Oct 2008
Nobody saw this at the beginning when they mentioned starting a camp? lmao

Nov 12, 2023 10:57 PM

Feb 2019
i guess they went native their first day at the royal pantry, wearing loin cloths and the like lol
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Apr 2013
This reminded me a lot of Toriko. Also Mao seemed like the main girl in this one lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2023

46 by RandumUvvU »»
May 12, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2023

71 by SafeEntity »»
Apr 27, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2023

32 by chocobo2603 »»
Apr 26, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2023

18 by Gator »»
Apr 1, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Eiyuu Kyoushitsu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2023

41 by Gator »»
Mar 31, 3:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.