Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 11, 2023 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Another episode that pairs up Kazuya and Chizuru because of their filming plans. She's quite free spirited about this and enjoying the time of being outdoors. That scene at night kinda shows how free she feels.

And oh yeah, we got some fan service too because a trip like this isn't complete without some hot spring baths. Kazuya's fantasies ran wild again....he never changes lul
Aug 11, 2023 11:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite the situation Chizuru's sure taking things in stride. The location though sure was a nice one. More than anything the addition of any genuine emotion and feeling into a scene is when it would shine the most. Kazu aside i didn't think that Chizuru would end up having the same feelings when they stayed in the same room. It was nice to see her feelings for Kazu start to change for the better though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2023 12:20 PM

Feb 2019
Another really good episode 😩 hate how much I’m enjoying this season lol.

Madarao resort is actually a real ski resort in Liyama that’s pretty famous, more popular in the winter than summer but beautiful all year round: https://www.madarao.jp/

Glad the final scene went off without a hitch. Proud of Kazuya for bringing this whole thing together and getting it done.

Chizuru realising that Kazuya is that emotional support pillar her grandad predicted is really sweet. How the tables have turned, she’s now the one getting flustered about small details and stealing glimpses of him while he sleeps lol.

Still not a “fan”/stan of hers per se, but I don’t really hate her anymore. This season and the end of last season have fleshed her out pretty well. She’s got some really good character development and the feelings between the she and kazuya actually have substance and meaning now.
Marinate1016Aug 11, 2023 12:24 PM
Aug 11, 2023 12:25 PM
Oct 2016
Kazuya and Chizuru were successfully able to shoot the final shot needed for their movie! Everything went off with a hitch, for the most part. Kazuya being his normal internally crazy self. Can't stop his mind from racing once they learn there's only one room. At least it's not like American hotels where they only have one bed too. But they each get a separate futon to sleep in and don't have to be right on top of each other. Plus like Chizuru said it's not the first time they've slept in the same room so it should be no big deal. If m glad that Chizuru also told Kazuya what she stopped from saying at the end of last episode. It's painfully cringe seeing Kazuya get worked up about small things like Chizuru fumbling her words and his brain expound that into her trying to confess her feelings. Instead its something more sensible with Chizuru actually having the dream of her grandfather seeing her become an actress but after he died three years ago she shifted to her grandmother seeing her. It shows how much Chizuru appreciates all Kazuya has done to help achieve this goal now that they're at the end of it. Capturing the final scene very well even as Kazuya teared up behind camera. Ruka being appropriately angry at them staying together on the trip, Mini kinda screwed Ruka over in her efforts to hook Kazuya and Chizuru up. So I feel bad for Ruka once again as while she's a bit aggressive she's not a bad person. I hope by some miracle Kazuya can make things up to Ruka on her birthday
Aug 11, 2023 12:38 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Kazuya and Chizuru manged to film the final scene for the movie. It didn't stop Kazuya from having naughty fantasies about getting intimate especially when they are sharing a room together. Chizuru is slowly starting to realize that Kazuya has been an emotional pillar of support her. Of course Ruka had to come in there and ruin things as usual towards the end of the episode with her delusions of competing with Chizuru.
Aug 11, 2023 12:50 PM
Oct 2019
Crazy stuff happened this episode and it was great. Really can't wait for the next episode
Aug 11, 2023 12:54 PM

Dec 2021
Hm, Yaemori, the mischievous little imp, decides to reserve a single room, slyly nudging their relationship forward.

Kazuya was truly anticipating a confession, but nope! Chizuru's intention was simply to express gratitude for the movie. Yet her flustered demeanor and difficulty sleeping suggest there might be deeper emotions. Not to mention the neck blush after that bus ride.

Kazuya could benefit from stepping outside his own thoughts. When he dives too deep, he tends to spiral and lose his footing. He possesses the potential to become a better person.

It'll certainly pique my interest to discover what Ruka has in store for Kazuya on her birthday.

Aug 11, 2023 12:55 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man was able to fall asleep quite quickly actually even though he thought he'd be up all night absolutely flustered and bricked up when dwelling on the thought of once again sleeping in the same room as Chizuru, who this time is actually the one who was finding difficulty in falling asleep. It's just a small little thing, but for our ultra giga chad Kazuya here, man just made leaps and bounds of character development. One small step for almost any dude, one giant mega leap for Kazuya-kind.

With all the pain we've been through thus far, can you just imagine if it all ended with this season, and how rewarding that would be despite it all? Of course nothing is going to REALLY happen by the end of this season, because there's more..... of going in endless circles. But again just imagine, if by the end of this season everything was laid out on the table and everyone comes clean with each other. No BS, just characters straight up saying what's been on their minds and in their hearts all this time, in the last episode of this season, and that's it. That would be the story of Rent-a-Girlfriend. Lots of nonsense in the first 2 seasons, but with a 3rd season that finally brings things to a close and rewards the viewer for sticking by it until then.

Alas it's not meant to be, but hey we can still dream, right?
BetaMaleUltraAug 11, 2023 12:58 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 11, 2023 1:13 PM
Oct 2021
i dunno why this show gets so much hate i love it it’s just a romance comedy really
Aug 11, 2023 1:13 PM
May 2023
Yaemori is a downright menace.
Aug 11, 2023 1:21 PM
Feb 2021
worst ep so far... hooooly smh my head
Aug 11, 2023 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
I hope this shit doesn't have a sequel season plz god
Aug 11, 2023 2:23 PM
Jul 2023
I think this episode was pretty good. Tho i still cannot understand why does author need to milk so much from this. Nothing major has happened in past seasons...
But i'd say maybe one of the best episodes in this season so far.
Aug 11, 2023 2:30 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Don't make that promise my guy. You don't love Ruka and she'll only end up getting hurt!!

I'm still of the opinion that Ruka should leave Kazuya haha. Too good for him. And then in that way we can fully focus on the main romance!

Great ep. Lots of funny moments. Enjoying this season a lot :)
Aug 11, 2023 3:43 PM

Aug 2014
This was great, until the end when Ruka showed ;o
He should gut up and tell her this isn't working out, she will cry but better earlier than later.

Also I would never hold out so long as him for 3 seasons to not try to kiss Chizuru ;d I know he confessed, but backet out and now is different..
too bad Yaemori plan didn't bear fruits :D

Why he keeps calling her Mizuhara?.. They are close enough to at least use her real surname, but better name when they are together alone..

That moment before they filmed at night... I knew she won't tell him her feelings, but it was a let-down to see it not actually happen.It was still great scene.

Thyriad-oPPailovAug 11, 2023 3:49 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 11, 2023 4:08 PM
Jan 2020
im loving more and more these sweet and really inocent moments between the two!!!!

AND MAMI CAN SUCK MY ASS!!!!!1
Aug 11, 2023 4:40 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 11, 2023 5:41 PM
Jan 2022
he rly does need to stop the whole ruka thing. that's the best way to signal his intent to ichinose rly (other than ofc just being straight up, but he should do both)
Aug 11, 2023 6:18 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well nothing crazy happened on the trip which I was expecting, but I can dream lol. However, the moment where they shot the final scene was amazing, loved the background and just how important it was not just to Mizuhara, but Kazuya too, I wanted to tear up along with him lol. And the night they spent together didn’t amount to much with Kazuya knocking out immediately, but the surprising part was Mizuhara being the one having trouble sleeping, she’s feeling some feelings that’s for sure lol.

But that’s not where the goodness stopped, the bus ride home had quite the splendid moment where Mizuhara fell asleep on Kazuya’s shoulder, and I’m ngl that’s enough for me, I don’t need a confession or a kiss, just this, it really made the movie arc feel satisfying imo. And after the sweetness ends, then comes Ruka to bring us back to reality lol, girl was very upset and now we have something to look forward to on her birthday, this is sure to be wild lol.

And it would have been awesome if the episode actually lined up on her birthday but it’s not quite close enough, got the month right tho lol.
Aug 11, 2023 6:37 PM
Dec 2021
Ruka's birthday Arc, here we go!
Aug 11, 2023 6:47 PM
Mar 2023
Not bad but too many monologues
Aug 11, 2023 7:09 PM
May 2021
every episode reminds me more and more how much i can't stand ruka. i wish kazuya would just break ot off with her already. she's so annoying and acts like a child constantly throwing fits over everything kazuya does and not listening to anything he says. it's beyond ridiculous at this point
My 2023 candies:
Aug 11, 2023 7:24 PM
Mar 2015
He managed to get through his own idiocy and do the right thing for Chizuru
Aug 11, 2023 8:07 PM

Apr 2015
KennaIsANerd said:
every episode reminds me more and more how much i can't stand ruka. i wish kazuya would just break ot off with her already. she's so annoying and acts like a child constantly throwing fits over everything kazuya does and not listening to anything he says. it's beyond ridiculous at this point
Yeah, he should just tell Ruka he doesn't love her.
Aug 11, 2023 9:07 PM
Dec 2021
as usual, fantastic episode.
Aug 11, 2023 10:01 PM

Jul 2021
this has to be my favourite episode of this season. loved every minute of it

i was right on mark about the thing mizuhara wanted to say. the whole gratitude scene was really well done. even i got teary-eyed watching that, it's more than understandable for kazuya.

lol it was funny how mizuhara couldn't fall asleep and kazuya did instantly. i mean of course baring your heart out that like will make anyone unable to fall asleep. her annoyed face was funny af.

the bus sleeping scene was very nice.

and of course ruka is there again. feels bad for her though, she's just a normal girl in love afterall and she's feeling betrayed again and again. just imagine in a normal relationship if you find your man going on an overnight trip with a pretty girl, anyone would be devastated. but august 26th is gonna be something. she's totally gonna ask him to fuck, might even ask to do it without condoms this time you never know with her lmao.

overall, a 10/10 episode. loved this a lot. looking forward to next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 11, 2023 10:28 PM

May 2008
Oh man my best girl Ruka having a birthday +____+ I am SO ready for this. She deserves the world.

Aug 11, 2023 11:16 PM

Feb 2016
Uh, can we get an ending where Ruka fkng dies pls?
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Aug 11, 2023 11:43 PM

May 2019
Maybe Chizuru is starting to develop feelings for Kazuya but it's hard to tell with her as if she's in denial or something. I still think Chizuru has Kazuya in the friend zone whereas Ruka will probably ask for a night at a love hotel so that they can do it.

I don't blame Ruka for not believing Kazuya regarding them sleeping together in the same room with nothing happening but I wish he'd confess to Chizuru that he likes her and break it off with Ruka. I don't dislike Ruka but it sucks seeing her play second fiddle all the time (I did chuckle when she called Chizuru a THOT for the second time this season). Also, we did see Mami's face for a second and I wonder if she'll show up at some point before this season is over (if so it will probably be at an awkward time for Kazuya because it's Kazuya).
Aug 11, 2023 11:56 PM

Apr 2014
oh... fcking rude Ruka was ruining things again and again. Where was your manner, Ruka? She's so fcking annoying at this point.

KennaIsANerd said:

Couldn't agree more!
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 12, 2023 12:06 AM
Oct 2019
Stop it, don't give me any hope that this will goes to right direction at all because we all know what's gonna happen *wink wink

Yeahh promise me anything, your seed. LMAO
Aug 12, 2023 12:09 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
One room for two ^_^ . Yaemori always finds the way to be the best girl even without appearing in the episode.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Aug 12, 2023 12:19 AM

Oct 2020
Yaemori is a real crazy girl.
Aug 12, 2023 2:37 AM

May 2021
If there's one thing I know, it's that somehow or the other, Kazuya may not be the worst character in this show.

Aug 12, 2023 4:11 AM

Feb 2020
I can't believe I shed a few tears to a RENT A GIRLFRIEND episode

new devil is a part timer season is somehow worse than this show 😭

Aug 12, 2023 5:07 AM
Jun 2023
very nice episode, movie filming coming to it's end, some feelings surfacing and of course Ruka making some chaos in the end.
Aug 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Aug 2022
Very good episode so far, Chizuru is getting closer and more time with Kazuya. Really really precious time for Kazu.
RafaBryanAug 12, 2023 6:47 AM
Aug 12, 2023 7:26 AM

Mar 2010
Borefest, I guess its normal for beta males to have such panic, damn entire episode was just retarded but Ruka saved it at the last minute.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 12, 2023 9:24 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Please just end this relationship with ruka-chan already..
Aaah i want some progress now!!!!!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Aug 12, 2023 9:42 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
The movie project comes to an end as Kazuya and Chizuru finish the last few scenes, Mini continuing her wingman stunts to help Kazuya in the process.

The night scene where Chizuru tells Kazuya about her Grandpa and what he said to her was touching, she's had to carry and handle so many different things and with Kazuya supporting her, she can continue to pursue her goals thanks to his efforts. The bus scene was nice, but let's give Kazuya some slack every now and then. The man has put a lot of time, money, and effort into this project so let's give him a pat on the back and a round of applause please. Ending off the episode, we now have the birthday episode soon to arrive with none other than... Ruka, yayy...
With the project ended, I can only wonder what the remaining six episodes have for us.

Pretty enjoyable episode, Saturdays are STACKED this season. Definitely looking forward to the next episode.
As always, I leave off with a positive message so have an endearing Saturday everyone :]

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Aug 12, 2023 1:04 PM

Oct 2018
iggggi said:
i dunno why this show gets so much hate i love it it’s just a romance comedy really
probably because it's too long, the manga is always aired and have actually 32 volumes, it's like Attack on titan or MHA but just for a guy who can't decide which girl he want (he said Chizuru but do nothing)
I understand we can like it (girls are pretty and cute) but i understand we can't like it too because it's too long for just a choice to do (if we have something else it could be better)
Personnaly, i think the manga is long thanks to the popularity of Chizuru (i like her very much and if i have to buy the manga one day, it will be just for the beautiful cover of her lol)
Aug 12, 2023 1:14 PM
Oct 2021
AnthonyLuffy said:
iggggi said:
probably because it's too long, the manga is always aired and have actually 32 volumes, it's like Attack on titan or MHA but just for a guy who can't decide which girl he want (he said Chizuru but do nothing)
I understand we can like it (girls are pretty and cute) but i understand we can't like it too because it's too long for just a choice to do (if we have something else it could be better)
Personnaly, i think the manga is long thanks to the popularity of Chizuru (i like her very much and if i have to buy the manga one day, it will be just for the beautiful cover of her lol)

yeah i’ve got to agree. it is a bit longwinded but i’m watching it seasonally so at least it’s been spaced out for me lol
Aug 12, 2023 1:45 PM
Nov 2022
Kazuya takes one step forward and two steps back, it amazes me how he can go from Gigachad to Simp in 1 second.

It seems that Chizuru is finally starting to feel some things for Kazuya, unfortunately it's nothing more than a bait.
Aug 12, 2023 1:49 PM

Jan 2021
They made it to the hotel and apparently Mini plotted something that they are staying at the same room. They go scout out the place and find a nice field to do the shooting for the final scene.

Kazuya is determined to make this movie a success, even if it means skipping out a bath. Kazuya really dumb for thinking she was about to confess her love when she talked about how her grandfather died in a car crash, which was sad. Well now Mizuhara couldn't sleep that night while Kazuya slept like a log lol. Apparently Mizuhara is worried about him, when she asked about his relationship with Ruka & Mami.

Wow Ruka really is one to deal with, she even came all the way to Iiyama or something. Ruka immediately gets the wrong idea ofcourse, while they were only doing a film shoot but okay. Well her birthday is coming up.
Aug 12, 2023 7:06 PM

Jun 2021
Ruka ruined this episode ngl
Aug 12, 2023 11:47 PM
Aug 2023
RedCat_cher said:
Ruka ruined this episode ngl

She’s kinda always ruining things between the MC and Mizuhara. I rly just want them to end their relationship bc I don’t see anything good that could come from it 🤷🤷
Aug 13, 2023 12:02 AM

Jul 2021
Ruka is putting such expecations on Kazuya
Aug 13, 2023 8:20 AM
Aug 2021
Finally a trip after a very long time? Last one was a trip to the beach, right?
Aug 13, 2023 12:12 PM

Jan 2021
man, i hate Ruka so much.
Roxy

Aug 13, 2023 1:07 PM
Jan 2011
I like Ruka, but I hate when I see her messing things up >_<
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

151 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 23, 3:10 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2023

76 by Fabio_lopess »»
Aug 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2023

92 by MelonTaco »»
Aug 4, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2023

121 by MelonTaco »»
Jul 31, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2023

91 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 29, 4:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.