Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 8, 2023 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm interesting, it looks like the show is expanding its world with some island exploration. This was a chance for Helck to make new discoveries.

What a weird green creature that showed up though. Not going to lie, this episode gave me Dragon Quest vibes but was still rather entertaining. It looks like Helck made a new friend too, an unusual one at that. 
Aug 8, 2023 11:59 AM
Apr 2022
This time it isn't fights just absolutely "normal" life.
Good variety I say..
But that Helck is really someone else with his strength. He can also build things really fast
Aug 8, 2023 12:00 PM
Sep 2015
I'd have invite Helck to sleep in the house with me, after all it's the house he built, not that I have ulterior motive... I'd feel bad if Helck has to sleep outside.
Aug 8, 2023 12:14 PM

Dec 2021
Azudra isnt taking Vermilio’s disappearance lightly eh?

While Vermilio appreciates nature, Helck has constructed a house, acquired a companion, and even engaged with a sea creature. His feats seem limitless. He fearlessly dove into the ocean, tamed a sea horse-like creature, and effortlessly felled trees by hand. Truly remarkable.

The island hosts an assortment of quirky creatures. The little bird is endearingly cute, a bit of a goofball. The pig-man displays a playful silliness. However, the elderly individual resembling The Dark Wanderer from Diablo exudes a disturbing aura, leaving us curious about what revelations he will offer next week.

Aug 8, 2023 12:15 PM

Feb 2019
Lmao azudra getting scolded for trying to keep Vamirio hair vs asuta getting praised is the embodiment of the flirting vs sexual harassment meme.

Given the map spell places their location way off the continent to an uncharted area and they the fact there’s ruins, I’d imagine that island is part of a long lost civilisation that hasn’t had contact with the mainland in many years. Seems like the locals on the island don’t know about the demons so a long time has probably passed. Just a theory from what we’ve been given anyway.

As usual a lot of hilarious moments today in the episode. Loved Vamirio ignoring Piwi while she was fishing leading to the line snapping, Helck grabbing a literal water deer was great too.

Considering the tone of the series, I’m willing to bet that old resident who showed up at the end will open up next episode with some comic relief and then explain those ruins and just where exactly they are.

Weekly Vamirio appreciation post. She’s so beautiful
Marinate1016Aug 8, 2023 12:28 PM
Aug 8, 2023 12:33 PM
Aug 2020
It was a good episode,

I still want to know the project of Helck
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 8, 2023 1:00 PM

Jan 2023
A slow-paced and comedy oriented episode this week.
It changes from last week's tension/action and drama.
Really good episode overall.
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 PM

May 2020
I like how spectacularly Vermilio fails in guessing any of Helck's next moves every time. That charisma is no joke.

Also for a "stranded on an island" theme, there was no panic to be seen lol, except those Vermilio's monologues with her doing the usual overthinking.
Aug 8, 2023 1:57 PM

Nov 2009
Softhenic03 said:

Also for a "stranded on an island" theme, there was no panic to be seen lol, except those Vermilio's monologues with her doing the usual overthinking.

Well, we already know Vermi doesn't really panic at anything from the first couple of episodes, she's one of those "calm thinkers" (unless it involves Helck, lol)

Also, the end of ep 4 already showed Vermi feeling "safe" from Helck's "cape"... LOL

And Vermi gets pulled into Helck's pace, seems like no one can really go against Helck's pace huh... everyone gets sucked in and follow whatever Helck's doing.

hehe, Vermi saying "Baka" always makes me laugh, she's so cute.

Also... LOL @ the coral-deer-thing Helck went in to catch after Vermi failed at fishing... which also means... there was no real need to fish if Helck could just go in and catch fish, LOL.

BTW, so... we're still technically inside/ near Demon Territory huh... since the locals are still monster-types. Here I thought they were on an actual uninhabited island in the Human World... or maybe they are judging by the "ruins". But the island got abandoned by the Humans a long time ago.

Also... while Vermi and Helck's having their island date, the Demon Country is apparently being invaded again by more wing humans... hope they'll be able to hold out til Vermi and Helck makes it back...
amlgAug 8, 2023 2:27 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 8, 2023 2:11 PM
Jul 2014
I was kinda hoping we'd get more of an explanation of Helck's behavior toward the winged humans. I forgot to factor in that Vermi is too much of a tsundere to actually *ask* sadly.
Aug 8, 2023 2:17 PM

May 2019
So this island that Helck and Vermilio are on is definitely mysterious. Vermilio mentioned that she felt nostalgic vibes (or something like that) near the ruins. That got me thinking that there is more to this island as it was connected via a gate below one of the demon's castles, plus we have the winged humans although I'm not sure if they used the gate or not.

Now with a new character being introduced in the next episode, hopefully he's more friend than foe and can explain what is going on. Side note, Vermilio's inner monologue was interesting as she is trying to figure out Helck, and her continued use of the word 'baka' continues to be entertaining and even a bit cute, such a fiery redhead.
Aug 8, 2023 2:27 PM

Nov 2013
Finally, Piwi is introduced.
I love the little fella.
Aug 8, 2023 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
The Duolingo bird mascot sure is incredibly annoying, huh.
Aug 8, 2023 2:58 PM

Jun 2015
Helck!!!!!!

I just watched a video recently about the amazon, and apparently some dude went down it with an expedition and reported settlements with infrastructure became famous but died before finding the entrance to the Amazon river again. But some other dude recently found some dig sites shown to him by an amazonian tribe chief and he found a ton of interlinked settlements. And now using LiDAR they have found remains over taken by forest of an ancient civilization which dwarfed most others in history of that time. Fun fact.

And by ancient I mean like 1.5k years ago

Reminded me of this eps ending :)
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 8, 2023 3:00 PM

May 2020
Roch2001 said:
Helck!!!!!!

I just watched a video recently about the amazon, and apparently some dude went down it with an expedition and reported settlements with infrastructure became famous but died before finding the entrance to the Amazon river again. But some other dude recently found some dig sites shown to him by an amazonian tribe chief and he found a ton of interlinked settlements. And now using LiDAR they have found remains over taken by forest of an ancient civilization which dwarfed most others in history of that time. Fun fact.

What are the names of those people and when did they happen. It's got nothing to do with Helck, but it sounds interesting.
FrosteekAug 8, 2023 3:06 PM
Aug 8, 2023 3:35 PM

Dec 2013
I love that green bird thing, he was so chill and cute but pretty savage with Vami.. Anne from Management's smell, same the pink whatever was pretty funny and easy going, these episodes are just too short.
Aug 8, 2023 3:38 PM

Sep 2011
Something about this series just has me so relaxed watching it, I think it just reminds me alot of a jrpg in its early bits right before the adventure starts and I look foreword to seeing how Anne relationship with helck develops cause im legitimately looking foreword to seeing her come around

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 8, 2023 3:51 PM

Jul 2011
Such manly man Helck is, building a cabin and cutting trees with his own bare hands.

I love Piwi already.
Aug 8, 2023 4:03 PM

Mar 2014
I guess no one is going to mention how funny these creatures are on this island, I don't if its crunchyrolls's subtitles but some of the stuff they said had me laughing

"AW SHIZ!!

"I gotchu covered!"

"Please don't look at me like that!"

"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Aug 8, 2023 4:11 PM

May 2015
Another good episode practically ruined by Hidives idiotic localizations. Seriously how hard is it to do your damn job and just translate
Aug 8, 2023 4:34 PM

Jul 2023
Finally we now know that Helck's cape..... doesn't smell bad!

Pretty fun episode, hope we learn a little more about the island and the red eye man at the end. Looks to have a little more action next episode, so hopefully a good mix.
Aug 8, 2023 5:11 PM

Sep 2020
Piwi's got a nice voice!
In my head I always imagined Piwi's voice to be obnoxiously loud and strident but the performance I'm hearing from Izawa Shiori is just perfect.
Aug 8, 2023 5:14 PM
Nov 2021
Nothing really important happened in the episode although ig it will be important for Vermillio to grow to trust Helck.
Not exactly a bad episode tho, I'm just impatient to learn more about Helck! (No spoilers please)
Vermilio is so patient with those villagers, its almost like she's bipolar.
The fact he absolutely demolished that axe on the first swing and just started using his hands with that intense music cracked me up.
I bet the village elder is a midget.
Triggerfish124Aug 8, 2023 5:20 PM
Aug 8, 2023 5:53 PM
Apr 2022
Triggerfish124 said:
Nothing really important happened in the episode although ig it will be important for Vermillio to grow to trust Helck.
Not exactly a bad episode tho, I'm just impatient to learn more about Helck! (No spoilers please)
Vermilio is so patient with those villagers, its almost like she's bipolar.
The fact he absolutely demolished that axe on the first swing and just started using his hands with that intense music cracked me up.
I bet the village elder is a midget.
Just keep waiting, it should be soon. The pay off will be immaculate!
Aug 8, 2023 6:33 PM

Feb 2021
HueyLion said:
I guess no one is going to mention how funny these creatures are on this island, I don't if its crunchyrolls's subtitles but some of the stuff they said had me laughing

"AW SHIZ!!

"I gotchu covered!"

"Please don't look at me like that!"

It's actually HIDIVE
And yeah, their lines were funny
Aug 8, 2023 7:21 PM
Sep 2021
Helck and anne have been transported to an island so it's time to survive and helck is doing all the work well and there also people in this island. Let's see how will helck and aane reach the demon continent.
Aug 8, 2023 7:26 PM

Sep 2011
billybub said:
Another good episode practically ruined by Hidives idiotic localizations.  Seriously how hard is it to do your damn job and just translate
yeah this is the one part of it taking me out but i cant hold that against the show, but its so obnoxious that they are trying to make an already comedic series funnier.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 8, 2023 8:26 PM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
OK, I actually laughed more watching this week’s ep than I did in all the previous ones combined.
Aug 8, 2023 8:53 PM

Oct 2010
what the heck is even the green bird thing!? I love it so much!!
"Do you want me to take you away... to a place in this city where wishes come true?"
Aug 8, 2023 9:09 PM

Oct 2010
Weird bird...lol
Aug 8, 2023 9:15 PM

Jun 2021
Well, anything to impress the girl you like

Yandere_@lover
Aug 8, 2023 9:38 PM

Jan 2019
The green bird thing is the cutest thing I've ever seen, GOATed character design.

Aug 8, 2023 9:47 PM
Mar 2015
helck is nice to Vermkins
Aug 8, 2023 10:06 PM

Apr 2022
goofy lookin ahh bird.
Aug 9, 2023 2:38 AM

Jun 2021
Of course it won't be that easy to go back from an island.
Aug 9, 2023 6:26 AM
Apr 2023
Mirality said:
I was kinda hoping we'd get more of an explanation of Helck's behavior toward the winged humans.  I forgot to factor in that Vermi is too much of a tsundere to actually *ask* sadly.
I don't think that has anything to do with Tsundere lol, Vermi just being cautious, since she still can't determine if Helck really are enemy or ally
Aug 9, 2023 7:46 AM

Oct 2017
Nothing much happened except for them just trying to live on the island. That end scene though, maybe I was right and they did time travel.
Aug 9, 2023 8:15 AM
May 2020
great episode, the humor was on point and I look forward to seeing Helck and Anne grow closer. also that furry thing is so cute
Aug 9, 2023 8:23 AM
May 2022
A pretty calm episode, showing the building foundations of the relationship between Helck and Vermilion. Helck builds house, Helck chops trees, Helck builds boat. Vermillion is suspicious of him at every moment. That's pretty much what happens.
Hoping for more next week.
Aug 9, 2023 9:47 AM

Feb 2018
Being on that island doesn't seem to have gone as badly as Vamirio thought it would.
Aug 9, 2023 11:02 AM
Feb 2023
de una trama interesante paso a trama interesante, historia aburrida, bien entiendo que se trata de comedia pero ni gracia me hizo el capitulo; creo q el capitulo anterior estuvo "meh" y pense en juzgarlo por este capitulo, ya queda descartado para ver el anime.
A menos q me digan que se haya puesto bueno luego, no creo volver a verlo.
Aug 9, 2023 5:39 PM

Dec 2016
ROFL, I hope whoever drew this static shot in this episode got gifted a humanlike mockup model and learn that muscles (even on buffed guys) don't look like that.

And what's the deal with Varmilio's running? Did the animators use Phoebe Buffay as base model for running animation?

What a sh*tshow this whole island arc has been so far, with crap characters that a 5 year old could have drawn with more detail and better imagination LMAO.
KimurahAug 9, 2023 5:51 PM
Aug 9, 2023 8:57 PM

May 2022
Kimurah said:
ROFL, I hope whoever drew this static shot in this episode got gifted a humanlike mockup model and learn that muscles (even on buffed guys) don't look like that.

And what's the deal with Varmilio's running? Did the animators use Phoebe Buffay as base model for running animation?

What a sh*tshow this whole island arc has been so far, with crap characters that a 5 year old could have drawn with more detail and better imagination LMAO.

First off Vermilia's running was the only low quality animation the whole episode. As for the the static shot of Helck, it looks well done and in line with the rest of the show so I believe you are exaggerating.

Secondly, you begin your post by again solely dunking the shows animation and using that as preface for your meager episode review post. That is convenient.. for a troll.

Is that what you are? If that is the case I wont bother wasting anymore time with you, you have fun with all that.
LordKirkisAug 9, 2023 9:23 PM
Aug 9, 2023 9:36 PM

May 2022
This episode of Helck was a fun one as usual! Concurrently running gags with the already familiar cast makes this show easy to watch and enjoy. With this episode we're also delightfully introduced to some new characters, notably the green bird who much like the majority of the cast is eccentric and of course goofy! We got some island vistas, nice last minute shots of island ruins, and of course your weekly dose of Helck showing us just how manly he is. The man has no limits to what he can do. Also! Just how long will Vermilia Chan maintain her stance in the face of Helck? She thinks his cape smells nice so I'd wager not much longer! Oof

LordKirkisAug 9, 2023 9:48 PM
Aug 9, 2023 9:55 PM

Mar 2007
As someone who enjoys watching Bushcraft videos on Youtube (where they build all kinds of survival shelters), I am already amazed at Helck's "High quality high end house."

If there ever was a guy you'd want to be stuck on a deserted island with, Helck would actually be a good partner to have. Handy at house building, raft * cough * boat building, etc.
Aug 10, 2023 12:22 AM

Jan 2021
I'm starting to like Anne more
and more
and more

Aug 10, 2023 1:30 AM

Mar 2008
I am not sure id feel safe on an island with inhabitants that seem so weird lol
Aug 10, 2023 11:44 AM
Jul 2015
It's Piwi. It's not a bird!
Aug 10, 2023 3:35 PM
Oct 2021
A bit of a slow episode but was still funny
Aug 10, 2023 4:52 PM

Jun 2015
Frosteek said:
Roch2001 said:
Helck!!!!!!

What are the names of those people and when did they happen. It's got nothing to do with Helck, but it sounds interesting.

Apparently they have no name, kind of erased from history. I was mega curious when I found out about it. Will pm the vids
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Helck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

95 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Helck Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2023

47 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Helck Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2023

64 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Helck Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2023

41 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Helck Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2023

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.