Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 9, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
We got two epic battles this episodes. Even though Magia Lupus doesn't have many members, they are pretty dangerous such as Fang. His fight with Mash was kinda intimidating. 

Seriously though, this episode may be the most badass version of Mash I've seen in this show so far. 
Jun 9, 2023 8:28 AM

May 2020
Dude with vintage round sunglasses was spouting some cliche nonsense like how it’s better to be in the company of those with great lineage and who are of your equal standing, so I didn’t feel anything at all when Lance owned him in their first round. But hey being a resident of bad guys he was, it goes without saying he would go to any lengths to get better of his opponent. Bro doped, heck even used the secondth spell, but again got owned by Lance.. by his secondth spell. 

I mean there were some circumstances with his upbringing but hey the capabilities of a siscon… don’t think you’ve a chance when up against people like Lance :) Shifting focus now since Lance is over with his errand, Abyss was a stronger opponent for Mash than that sunglasses dude was for Lance. He did get Mash struggle… just a bit though, until again those ripped as fuck abs of his played their part. First destroyed his mask, and then any of the effects his evil eye could’ve posed. Dude got punched around like a football, a literal football. 

Hurricane rush it was which dealt the final blow and let Abyss share his backstory, and a warning too as going forward it’ll be Abel they’ll be facing. Them aside, they became friends though. 
Jun 9, 2023 10:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Mud clones huh interesting technique. Its harsh that even one's family would judge you differently depending on what kind of talent in magic you have. Lance not only outwitted Wirth but gave him a damm good lecture as well. Meanwhile Mash is fighting against flash. The evil eye sure made Abyss's life hell thats for sure. Still the fight between Mash and Abyss really was impressive in how Mash managed to turn the tables that easily and trash Abyss that much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2023 10:08 AM

Feb 2021
Fun fact: The mud guy's spells have "Mudoro" in their names. It's english mud and japanese 泥 (doro) - "mud" combined.
Those secondth spells are really cool
Sometimes I really wonder by what principles did people name all these muscles...
I really hope we will se they guy (girl?) with the evil eye again in the future.
Jun 9, 2023 10:11 AM

Jul 2017
The first of the battles against Magia Lupus: Lance vs. 3rd Fang Wirth Madl, and the latter is not making it easy with his mud powers. But if Lance has anything over Wirth, it's conviction and assumption that he has his enemy figured out, even as Wirth evolves with the higher-tier Mudoros Secondth magic. A stark contrast from his father teaching him about being worthy of everything that he does, joining the Magia Lupus contradicts all that, and Lance also pulls out his Secondth powers to cleanly defeat Wirth, even at his strongest. And since Lance can empathize on Wirth's upbringing that similar to him, no matter the behaviour of his, Lance respects his hard work.

The second battle involving Mash and Abyss Razor, they too are similar to each other, but the latter has the advantage because of Lemon being taken hostage, with a timer that sucks away her magic power until depletion. And sure, Abyss might have the upper advantage in magic, but Mash is all muscles, and revealing part of his Evil Eye, him thinking that it's bloodshot is hilarious lols. But this Evil Eye of his is a curse on him that earns the ire of everyone being a cursed child, that he's his own magic. And even though in his Secondth Force Field magic, Mash is disabled by speed, but not in raw power, and whatever Abyss has in mind to recover, he simply can't control it against Mash's Full Muscles Magic. How ever Abel needs it for the advancement to Magia Lupus, Abyss's advise to Mash is sound of what's to come, though the latter will see him as a friend, to share his cream puff with.

Strange, but this is who Mash is. A Muscles badass.
Jun 9, 2023 10:20 AM

Jan 2019
Awesome fight between Mash and Demon Eye! I'll probably forget this show within a couple of seasons but it's been a consistently fun watch every week.

Jun 9, 2023 10:34 AM
Aug 2022
ForeverTraitor said:
Awesome fight between Mash and Demon Eye! I'll probably forget this show within a couple of seasons but it's been a consistently fun watch every week.

2nd cour may come out within couple of seasons
Jun 9, 2023 10:35 AM

Dec 2022
wanted to see dot and finn fight but anyways why do both anti villian have a sad backstory and next episode we gonna see the boss fight probably
Jun 9, 2023 10:38 AM
Feb 2021
"Youre just like me, I cant use magic."

"uses magic*
Jun 9, 2023 10:42 AM

Jul 2011
Was good closing 2 fights in 1 episode. And the word of the week is "therapy", which Magia Lupus members need, from what looks like.

Abyss all about how bad is having the Devil Eye, but honestly is cool, he basically have 2 powers. Maybe an eyepatch would solve things. And disabling magic would be great as a law enforcer, but if they say is bad is bad.
Jun 9, 2023 10:54 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Mash and Lance won their fights against Magia Lupus. I guess we'll see Dot and Finn's fight next week.

No one stands a chance against Mash's Muscle Magic.
Jun 9, 2023 10:55 AM
May 2017
mash's combo was definitely a rock lee reference
Jun 9, 2023 11:21 AM

Jan 2008
Not that it was perfect but the production value looks like it really went up this episode. Several shots of Lance I thought looked really good compared to the usual simple design of the previous episodes.

Quick comparison

Mash's fight I couldn't help but laugh at him just naming body parts. His barrage was cool.

While I would rather not they drag out, I do feel like the fights have been too short and one sided. Hoping they have some kind of challenge before the season ends.
Jun 9, 2023 11:32 AM

May 2018
That was some nice combo by Mash, can't help but get excited while he release different attacks.

Jun 9, 2023 11:40 AM
Jul 2016
I love how awesome to God stupid this anime is. I love how Mash has cute little magic spells for his physical moves. I like how he gets stabbed just to bring his enemy closer, and suffers no organ damage whatsoever. What a Chad.
Jun 9, 2023 12:02 PM

Nov 2013
Mash combo is really cool, can't wait for the final battle with Abel
Jun 9, 2023 12:30 PM

Apr 2018
My favorite day of the week is whenever new ep of Mashle releases. 

Good fights tbh
Fight for All That's Beautiful in The World !

Jun 9, 2023 12:45 PM

Oct 2017
Mash just brute forced it as usual.
Jun 9, 2023 12:46 PM

Dec 2018
i loved calling out the muscles and even if it was corny the redemption and friendship stuff was nice. can't wait for more!
Jun 9, 2023 1:13 PM
May 2021
Another suplex lol
Jun 9, 2023 1:23 PM
May 2021
Mash turn me up ayyy!!
Jun 9, 2023 1:33 PM
Feb 2017
So mash finally used Charizard's "Seismic toss" 🥴😂
Jun 9, 2023 1:46 PM
Apr 2018
PRiMEog said:
"Youre just like me, I cant use magic."

"uses magic*
Hahah! 

We wanted more Lemon this episode! Aside from Mash's action, there's nothing new, interesting about this episode

Jun 9, 2023 1:45 PM
Aug 2021
Mash popped off. I like how he humbled him and then became friends with him none of that talk no jutsu crap🤣🤣. This was only just a nice display of power and how strong Mash's crew truly is. Also, the more they dive into how this society works you actually realise how many individuals are harmed by this system. To the point, parents are ready to kill their own children👀👀.
Jun 9, 2023 1:51 PM
Aug 2020
Is it possible to not enjoy Mashle?

This episode was really good
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 9, 2023 2:10 PM

Feb 2014
Tough fights for Lance and Mash in this episode, but I'm glad that both pulled off a win here.

Lance's opponent, Wirth, had some creative use of using mud spells for his evasion and attacks, but Lance was able to get the better of him, with both of their secondth spells looking impressive. While he might be the bad guy here, I do have some sympathy for Wirth after seeing his backstory of how stupidly high his father's expectations were and calling him worthless if those expectations weren't met.

The fight against Mash and Abyss was more tense, as Mash took a lot of hits as he struggled to deal with the speed that Abyss was striking him at with his sword. His secondth spell to slow Mash down greatly while gaining a huge speed buff within a closed dome looked to have made Mash's chances worse, but he brute forced his way out of it by smashing the floor to narrow Abyss's direction of attack and with that, Mash turned the battle around and won with some impressive attacks of his own, including the mid-air suplex to finish the fight victorious. his talk with Abyss at the end was pretty nice, which showcased how kindhearted Mash can be.

Hopefully Dot and Finn can win their fight next time. Not only that, but I hope that Mash can rescue Lemon before she loses her magic power and mark on her face for good.
Jun 9, 2023 2:24 PM

Sep 2021
This show is really falling off, trying to be serious all of a sudden. It's not that a Comedy/Parody show must not have any serious arcs, but it's way too soon. And not very well done.

These two fights were so similar and both of them lacked personality. What was even the deal with the Evil Eye? Is that just a cosmetic flaw? And how did Abyss even know Mash has no magic power?
Also, that potion Wirth took somehow whiffed. What the...?

I hope this huge downtrend can be stopped. But I have little hope for next week, as it will probably just be Dot and Finn's fight.
Jun 9, 2023 2:30 PM
Oct 2016
Two great fights this episode from each of the powerhouse characters in our main squad. We saw to end the last episode where they had been split up, Mash to face the mysterious masked person from before, and Lance to fight another member of the Magia Lupus. Starting with the former, I've grown to like seeing Lance fights in this show. They've already given him a lot of them so that helps raise the likeability of his character. In this episode he did great going against the mud dude, whom tried to bring Lance over to the dark side. Something he of course wouldn't go for even if him and this mud guy had similar childhoods and backgrounds. Both seeing the faults in a the way their parents thought their worth. Lance had his younger sister to inspire and motivate him to be better while Mirth the mud dude did not. Good seeing Lance wrap that up with his gravity magic. Mash doing his best against the masked member of the Magia Lupus. Whom themselves has a devil eye that negates magic. Something that would work wonders on anyone but Mash. Very cool fight with Mash being slowed down but still out smarting his opponent. Some great animation thrown in made it even better as Mash zipped around the room laying the beat down.  Handling his business while offering that classic hand of friendship.
Jun 9, 2023 2:30 PM
Apr 2023
Meta_Yoshi said:
Tough fights for Lance and Mash in this episode, but I'm glad that both pulled off a win here.

Lance's opponent, Wirth, had some creative use of using mud spells for his evasion and attacks, but Lance was able to get the better of him, with both of their secondth spells looking impressive. While he might be the bad guy here, I do have some sympathy for Wirth after seeing his backstory of how stupidly high his father's expectations were and calling him worthless if those expectations weren't met.

The father's high demands are due to the fact that Virth's older brother is one of the strongest magicians in the world.
Jun 9, 2023 2:37 PM
Apr 2023
Bisalissy said:
What was even the deal with the Evil Eye? Is that just a cosmetic flaw?

Ha ha. You sound like you haven't watched the seventh, eighth and ninth episodes.
His eye neutralized the magic of Lance and Rhodes. He neutralizes the gift of the gods. Abyss is hated by everyone for religious reasons.
Jun 9, 2023 2:40 PM
Mar 2023
When Mash plunged the sword into his stomach he said "CALL AN AMBULANCE" and when he tightened his abs he finished with "BUT NOT FOR ME". No one is a true match for "100% Muscle Magic", but more importantly, Mash believes in "The Power of Friendship".
Jun 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Jun 2015
Can't help but love it when Mash is fighting and his fight music kicks in when hes getting absolutely wild!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 9, 2023 3:19 PM

Mar 2020
Hated the fights … some what ok animation and what is this damage taking ability ?? He got cut 100-200 times and slashed in his stomach… how is he fine like there has been no damage done to him ????? I don’t understand the damage in this show terribly done and not even funny 🫠 ( not saying the shows hasn’t been funny sometimes but this epi 0 ) and the first battle also pretty weak tbh really not looking forward for the rest of the season of this bad dumb battles much rather they’d focus on the comedy since they clearly can’t write or animate an exciting fight and make compelling and somewhat realistic scenarios 😓
Jun 9, 2023 3:46 PM

Sep 2018
People asking for logic in anime of this kind are dumb, since episode 1 we knew what kinda anime this will be. If you don´t enjoy something just stop watching it.
I keep moving forward
Jun 9, 2023 4:14 PM
Dec 2019
Mash beat the crap out of the masked guy. That finishing move was awesome.
Jun 9, 2023 4:54 PM

Nov 2021
The muscles magic scene was fire. Also how tf did his clothes not get slashed up with all those attacks?
Jun 9, 2023 4:57 PM
Oct 2019
Action packed Episode, tragic backstory of course.
Jun 9, 2023 5:00 PM

Sep 2021
DarmagOxattee said:
His eye neutralized the magic of Lance and Rhodes. He neutralizes the gift of the gods.

Ah, that's why it's shunned! Up until his magic was revealed, I thought it would neutralize Abyss' own magic, because he said he is "like Mash". So during the last episodes, I was expecting he would be something like a Ninja using tricks to compensate his lack of magic.

Thanks for explaining it!
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
First serious episode from the series and we get to witness two action packed fights with a lot of exposition in between. At least that serves as a way to get to flesh out villains and not let them stay as a one note hindrance. That's cool and Mash's barrage was also pretty cool.

So about Dot and Finn...
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 9, 2023 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty fight heavy episode, which was without a doubt very welcomed.

With his mud clones and seemingly unaffected by Lance's gravity magic, Wirth Madl made for quite an annoying opponent at first. Looking at the fight as a whole, however, Lance didn't seem overly challenged. At least we were able to see Secondth spells in action for the first time. Again, Lance had the upper hand and made Wirth's spell look like a joke. Of course, Wirth doubted his own worth with this defeat. To no surprise. Whoever has such a shitty father definitely doesn't need any enemies.
Since Lance himself knows only too well what it feels like to grow up with such miserable parents, he was able to give Wirth some good advice towards the end.

Switching to the other fight, we finally got to see the full extent of Abyss's power in action. Interesting that Abel chose to consume Lemon's magical powers. Aren't there enough other people with significantly more magic or was she really used as a bait?

However, Mash was hit hard by Abyss early on and didn't really have a chance for a counter. So what do you do? Of course, let yourself be stabbed through the abs, so that the responsible sword can no longer be pulled out and the opponent has no way of escaping lol.

Force Field is a very interesting technique. Stealing your opponent's speed and adding it to yourself is likely to end critically for most. Mash is super clumsy outside of combat and you'd think he doesn't have much on his mind. However, considering his ability to react, adapt and act in given combat situations, he is an absolute genius. The way he was able to pin Abyss down a second time testified to that. With Mash's Hurricane Rush, Abyss got smacked in the face with the entire muscle dictionary lol, which ultimately allowed Mash to win the fight.

Sadly, Abyss endured an absolutely horrific childhood, which seems relatively normal in the world of Mashle. I'm glad he met Mash. Through his natural goodness, Mash was able to show that he doesn't care if Abyss has a "cursed" eye, much less that it changes his attitude toward Abyss in any way.

Abel presents an entirely different obstacle, that's for sure. Even if Mash has enormous reserves of power and didn't go all out in the last fight, he seems to have lost an enormous amount of blood. There is also the question of whether he will face him alone or whether Lance will help him. No matter which of these 2 options comes about, I'm sure this will be an exciting fight.

Jun 9, 2023 6:38 PM

Jul 2016
Wonder where Mash buys his white shorts. Not a single bloodstain on them.

So yeah... honestly, no idea why Abyss said Mash was like him some episodes ago.
Jun 9, 2023 7:09 PM
Jul 2022
Mash friending his opponent after he gave them a crazy whooping was pretty funny.
Jun 9, 2023 7:22 PM

Apr 2021
i really liked this ep, my fav so far.
Jun 9, 2023 7:23 PM
Oct 2016
"I'm shunned because of this eye that neutralizes all magic that it gazes upon."   He just needs an eyepatch.  His eye doesn't work if it can't see magic, people won't see the eye...and he can cosplay as a pirate.
Jun 9, 2023 7:42 PM

May 2013
I thought the 2nd fang would be a better antagonist than he actually was.

It was a gimme to give him an inner monologue of why his demon eye wasn't working on mash throughout the fight, and yet he just hits the nail on the head confidently saying mash has no magic. Then doesn't even question why mash can do what he does.

Stealing mash's speed in the bubble, when mash could fly with his legs. No idea how he could control that amount of speed without saying something.

Idk, I should have liked this fight, I liked all the previous ones. This just fell pretty flat. 
TimidGazelleJun 9, 2023 8:01 PM
Jun 9, 2023 7:49 PM
Apr 2023
Fa-_2003 said:
Hated the fights … some what ok animation and what is this damage taking ability ?? He got cut 100-200 times and slashed in his stomach… how is he fine like there has been no damage done to him ????? I don’t understand the damage in this show terribly done and not even funny 🫠 ( not saying the shows hasn’t been funny sometimes but this epi 0 ) and the first battle also pretty weak tbh really not looking forward for the rest of the season of this bad dumb battles much rather they’d focus on the comedy since they clearly can’t write or animate an exciting fight and make compelling and somewhat realistic scenarios 😓

The anime depicted the same thing as in the manga. The same wounds. And this won't be the last time Mash gets stabbed through.
Jun 9, 2023 7:54 PM
Apr 2023
Bisalissy said:
DarmagOxattee said:
His eye neutralized the magic of Lance and Rhodes. He neutralizes the gift of the gods.

Ah, that's why it's shunned! Up until his magic was revealed, I thought it would neutralize Abyss' own magic, because he said he is "like Mash". So during the last episodes, I was expecting he would be something like a Ninja using tricks to compensate his lack of magic.
Thanks for explaining it!

He neutralizes the magic of the one he is looking at. And it cannot be controlled. It is clearly better for him not to look in the mirror during witchcraft.
However, the stronger the magic, the more difficult it is to neutralize it. High-level magic is invulnerable to his Evil Eye.
Jun 9, 2023 8:00 PM
Apr 2023
SouthRzVa said:
So yeah... honestly, no idea why Abyss said Mash was like him some episodes ago.

Society hates them.
Jun 9, 2023 8:11 PM

May 2019
The fights were good, especially the first one, except for Mash being stabbed through his abdomen and being fine. I know this has gag humor but I guess Mash is almost invincible then?

Anyways, hopefully Mash gets to Lemon before she loses all her magic ability and almost forgot about Dot and Finn. I believe they're going up against 2 double magic marked individuals, sounds like they may have the hardest time.
Jun 9, 2023 8:14 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
As someone who also practices weight-training, I loved when Mash named his attacks after muscles.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

111 by Honosaru »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Mashle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2023

234 by 2FIRES »»
Jun 1, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

116 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 27, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2023

226 by __fishcake__ »»
May 26, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Mashle Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

rasterman7 - May 12, 2023

131 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 26, 1:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.