Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 1, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Heh, this was pretty much set up for our exorcist Seika to unleash his true powers. About time they showed what it means to be the "strongest exorcist". Seriously though, this feels like a long drag but also predictable ending to the show itself.

The battle or whatever feels kinda underwhelming and not that much different compared to other epsiodes. This entire didn't live up to expectations imo.
Apr 1, 2023 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
With Amyu being taken in custody and jailed for the demon emissary incident, the demons that Seika took care of to deal with them, about the Empire wanting to get rid of the Hero, Seika has no time to fiddle over contrived matter, while relieving both Yifa and Mabel that everything is alright, that the principal will take care of things. This is supported with Yuki's thinking, though with Seika's past life of a tragedy, he's committed not to do the same in his second life. Infiltrating the kingdom with no issue, and most certainly, killing people is no biggie to him to save Amyu, despite the Hero being convinced that she'll be out in no time.

To Brother Gly and Princess Fiona, the reason for Amyu on the execution board...can be summed down to Seika himself. But to kill Amyu to attain peace, this just feels wrong, and no matter what Fiona can convince Seika, nothing would glide past him of the suspicions that he had. Even though this was a grudge that was not personal, Seika revived all of Fiona's army forces while him and Amyu escape to free land, rejoined with both Yifa and Mabel.

Pretty unremarkable Isekai that's the same as any other subpar show out there.
KANLen09Apr 1, 2023 12:18 PM
Apr 1, 2023 10:40 AM
Dec 2021
Fantastic anime and episode. Hope there is another season.
Apr 1, 2023 10:46 AM
Sep 2015
They should be more surprised by the ability to revive people, not every isekai protagonist has this power, in fact, it's very rare.
Apr 1, 2023 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
I liked the anime, I found the story to be interesting and it had a good cast of characters... But I feel like everything could've been even better, if... if only author didn't kill off his well written characters (like in previous episode, still triggered). Killing the tension for some reason. And then this episode, Seika acting kinda out of character... And even if I can accept him saving her, why did he have to do it in the most direct way? Like he literally barged in, straight... He has so many monsters at his disposal and so many skills. Couldn't he like... sneakily kidnapped her? I dont know, would've been 10000 times better than just charging straight in, and killing bunch of people and making the enemy out of entire empire... Just felt like there was a better way...

Another small complaint was about Seika's power. Why is he so powerful, yet has no drawbacks whatsoever to his power? like if it was with magic, he'd get significantly tired summoning his familiars or using magic. He doesnt even run out of paper for his shikigami... That really annoyed me.
Apr 1, 2023 10:52 AM

Jul 2020
so no he can resurrect people too.. there's no limit to being overpowered with this guy lol
Apr 1, 2023 11:00 AM
Mar 2022
loved it hope to see season 2
Apr 1, 2023 11:00 AM
Oct 2020
am I the only one who hate princess? like she know shieka is strong that's why she didn't killed yuusha, I really hate such type of royality.
Apr 1, 2023 11:01 AM

Feb 2019
“Amyu, can you Shutup for a second” lmaooo Seika funny af man

Good thing Maybel wasn’t there to see seika bring the soldiers back to life after he let Kyle die, kind of fucked up lol.

Sad to see my favourite isekai of the season end, really loved how badass and cutthroat Seika was. I love getting MCs who aren’t afraid to do what needs to be done, aren’t socially awkward losers etc and he just hit the spot for me. Supporting cast was great, the world was pretty interesting. It’s honestly annoying we end right as the story really seems like it’s just getting going.. I wish the LN was licensed. May just have to read the Japanese.

Inexplicable said:
so no he can resurrect people too.. there's no limit to being overpowered with this guy lol

We knew he could resurrect people since the Kyle fight but Yuki told him not to so he didn’t get exposed which makes it even more fucked up that he let him die but saved these people

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts.
Koito91Apr 2, 2023 1:50 AM
Apr 1, 2023 11:07 AM
Dec 2021
I really liked how the show was going at the beginning because it seemed like there was a huge enemy/wall that Seika would eventually have to overcome. But towards the end it just felt like the anime kept building up huge plot lines into nothing because Seika is Op. And I get how that’s the point of these OP Protag animes but like bruh for this last episode how is the final epic fight scene just Seika slaughtering a bunch of soldiers? I sorta liked the happy ending but it was washed out by the underwhelming fight and conclusion. Overall had high hopes for this anime, came out disappointed. Hopefully if they do make a season 2 it does it better.
Apr 1, 2023 11:14 AM
Nov 2022
um final decente espero ansioso pela 2 temporada
Apr 1, 2023 11:16 AM
May 2021
Personally, this episode felt a bit short even though it was the standard run time. Really loved this show though and hoping there's a season 2
Apr 1, 2023 11:41 AM

Feb 2008
I do think there is a room for a second season but not sure if it worth it. The ending feel kind of meh to me.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 1, 2023 11:44 AM

Dec 2022
guess what it was entertaining but still aren't almost all isekais are the same
Apr 1, 2023 12:21 PM
Feb 2021
Season 2 is needed as soon as possible.
Apr 1, 2023 12:44 PM

Oct 2019
Ah yes, my favorite junk food of this season, fast paced adaptation too. Would be nice to see S2 up to where
andrearionaApr 1, 2023 12:48 PM
Apr 1, 2023 12:50 PM
Aug 2018
this anime was awesome, hope for season 2
but the ending was kinda weird...
Apr 1, 2023 12:53 PM

Dec 2021
Meh. I enjoyed this show way more at the start. Not sure what changed but it just got boring and the characters got less fun to watch.
Apr 1, 2023 1:08 PM

Nov 2011
The show should have stopped at episode 12 and cut out them coming to get Amyu because episode 13 was just awful imo.

Seika kinda doesn't care what is being said he only wants to protect Amyu even though the princess kinda already was.

Impacted my taste for the anime overall. Still like a 7 tho
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 1, 2023 1:12 PM
Sep 2020
*Seika brings back 30+ ppl from the Dead*

Amyu: Really, what the hell just happened?

Seika: Amyu....how do you drive a carriage?

*Amyu forgets what question she was asking*

Didn't really enjoy this episode which is a shame with it being the final episode.
Apr 1, 2023 1:15 PM
Jan 2021
this ep definitely helped redeem the show for me. wasn't anything superb but it was enjoyable.
Apr 1, 2023 1:24 PM
Aug 2013
the ending was weak, for a good anime all around this takes a couple points off in my book
Apr 1, 2023 1:46 PM

Oct 2017
In the end Seika went to save Amyu after all, he just cares for her a lot to leave her safety in others hand. Though I do think Seika was a bit too cold to Fiona, saying why he should trust her and stuff. What was the thing inside Fiona's shadow though? A demon? Also I do wonder what she wants from Seika and why is she interested in him so much. Is it just cause he's the demon king? I'm glad Yifa and Mabel also went to the new town to be with Seika, happy to see them together.

Pretty decent anime with decently interesting story/plot. I'm quite interested to see where things will go from here and how things will go with Fiona so I do hope we get s2.
Apr 1, 2023 1:59 PM
Mar 2019
io enjoy a lot with this  anime

i think its difficult a season 2 but all its possible in Japan

9/10
Apr 1, 2023 2:11 PM

Dec 2022
Yeah, this episode was some weird season finale. Tbh I expected the ending to be more of a cliffhanger. But it just turned out in a weird ending for me. The author built up and foreshadowed so much imo and nothing really came out of it in this final episode. Except that Fiona apparently had a plan to intervene in Seika's future but it didn't work out since the meet up and getting to know each other beforehand wasn't enough to build up sufficient trust?
Hmm,... I'm still somewhat disappointed to see it end like this ngl :/

Cr4v1nDys
Apr 1, 2023 2:24 PM

Nov 2013
"Nothing special" anime, but still enjoyed it.

I swear I was gonna rage and give this show a low score after Seika's BS. I'm talking about when he waltzed in the castle yard and massacred unsuspecting guards just for doing their job. That was pure nonsense and totally avoidable. Luckily Seika did the Jesus jutsu and revived everyone at the end. Funny how the princess was planning to literally push 100s of massacred own countrymen under the rug.

Despite this being a power fantasy anime, Seika surprisingly wasn't intolerable. I think I'd even give Season 2 a try if it ever airs.
Apr 1, 2023 2:28 PM

Mar 2009
So where do we go from here? Seika throws away his education, plus Mabel's and Yifa's too, and for what? Because he saw Amyu's butt and feels responsible for her? S2 would just be yet another adventuring anime, so what would be the point?
Apr 1, 2023 2:39 PM

Dec 2018
for most of the season this anime was really just kind of mediocre but that ending was really nice and i've got to admit i hope to see more.
Apr 1, 2023 3:10 PM
Mar 2010
I thought this was at least a 7/10 show until that last episode.  Then it was just OP Main character being OP in the worst way possible.  The only real big shock for me was the weird glowing eyes in the princess's shadow talking to her.  I have no idea where that came from. 

SoraSenpai said:
The show should have stopped at episode 12 and cut out them coming to get Amyu because episode 13 was just awful imo.

I totally agree with this.  If they left it at Episode 12 without the holy inquisition at the end, it would have been decent and still set up for a 2nd season.  The 13th Episode ruined it for me.  I'll probably still watch season 2 just to see where he and the hero go from here, but it'll be lower priority.
Apr 1, 2023 4:00 PM
Feb 2023
I hope the episode also shows how he apologize to yuki. He said awful things to her. Well at least in the novel he did it.

Too bad we cant see all of seika's familiars.
Apr 1, 2023 4:19 PM
Feb 2019
The end of that interesting season, for me. But despite that, I think there were some parts where there could have been more dialogue to better explain the context of the situation.

After all, what would the princess have done to get Amiyu out of prison if Seika hadn't interfered? I haven't read the manga yet, although I intend to start reading it.

The end result of the 4 characters becoming adventurers and ultimately finding each other seemed kind of convenient.
The letter the princess wrote may have revealed things other than Seika and Amiyu's fate (again, I haven't read the manga).
I hope it has a second season. As everything indicated, Seika and Amiyu should cease to exist for the sake of peace between the kingdoms.
And after all, who was the entity present in the princess's shadow?
Apr 1, 2023 4:20 PM
Aug 2012
I really enjoyed this last episode. He went in and just slaughtered whoever got in his way and not a pansy MC that is scared to kill anyone. Was a bit much to cram into 1 episode though. I would like to read the LN if I could find it in print form.

Top 5 anime for this season.
Apr 1, 2023 4:36 PM

Feb 2019
i kinda had a feeling Seika's the demon king/lord from the moment his dad/uncle mentioned how Seika came to be a part of their family, so Fiona revealing that in the end there wasn't really that much of a surprise.
Apr 1, 2023 4:40 PM
Apr 2020
They made the mc stupid in last episode
Apr 1, 2023 5:51 PM

Dec 2015
I'm suprised, this could be just another "I was a loser in my world and now I'm special everytime" but wasn't, Seika is a amazing double face character, and this was the most special part from this series, seeing him dealing with logic in every moment was interesting, so much different from the sameness from these more recent generic isekais like Tate no Yuusha and Mashoku Tensei.

This last episode was so much amazing because of this particularity, more realistic and less generic.
Apr 1, 2023 6:14 PM
May 2008
The story became bafflingly twisted into itself. Seika is basically a tsundere, saying he wants to hide from everyone, but then he makes a few girlfriends and suddenly he wants to be in the limelight and resurrect characters and fly on dragons and other bullshit. Nothing in the previous 12 episodes really confront this knotted-up story, why Seika's feelings really changed or not, it's just typical isekai logic of "protag-kun must always do the coolest thing" which it to mean of course, he must always be the secret underdog that hides all his powers AND he must also be the demon king that everyone knows about and afraid of? The author gets away with this kind of storytelling because mass audiences just look the other way. And I won't deny that isekai can be enjoyable to watch because of how trashy they get.

But overall, this was a middling isekai that ended in a very roundabout way. Amyu isn't given any agency or understanding, the seer's explanation for why Amyu needs to die makes no sense ("she's a dangerous weapon!" "...but she won't actually get that strong thanks to you Seika"), and Seika's other friends have seemingly little bearing at all on the entire season to boot? 

The one thing which make this episode potentially interesting was Seika murdering hundreds of soldiers, but of course that was undone, so the stakes were never very high and the tension fairly miniscule, which hurt this episode considerably. 
Apr 1, 2023 6:17 PM

Nov 2012
I was like Amyu, lost. I didn't care enough to go back and re-read. It couldn't figure out if she was going to let Amyu die or save her. I guess it's moot since Seika can bring the dead back to life. Tha fugg? There was just too much in this one episode.
Apr 1, 2023 6:26 PM

Sep 2007
I'm just a bit bothered about the whole discussion he had with Yuki that to prevent people knowing about his OP-ness he'd just have to make sure "no witnesses" survived...but then he goes and revives all those soldiers like he totally didn't have that discussion/argument?

Sloppy, it's a really sloppy conclusion just to show "oh look he has a kind side!"

The other two members of his "harem" also got to that city before him and Amyu....whaatt? Not that I dislike them but that seemed forced?

In the end, I felt this series had potential but it kinda kicked all that potential under the rug (like I wish there were more instances of him using his summons maybe?).
As much as I'm curious about a second season I'd sooner rather this die into history if the direction of [a potential] s2 is exactly like this this season...
IkanoApr 1, 2023 6:33 PM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 1, 2023 6:52 PM
Apr 2020
This anime was great! While I don't always go for the OP power fantasies that have nothing else to them, I can definitely say this anime gave me a case of the evil laughs and I loved every moment of this junk food anime.

That said, the final episode... I have thoughts.

This episode, if written out factually, would sound epic. 

• MC gets angry enough to blatantly break his cover
  • MC storms the imperial capital on a dragon
  • He slaughters a large garrison and releases his friend
  • Resurrects the whole garrison as compensation
  • Becomes a refugee with The Hero and runs to a distant city

See? That sounds like an amazing episode! Hell, Reincarnated as a Slime made an entire episode out of a mass resurrection, and it felt crazy epic!
But this? This episode felt.. boring. It felt uneventful. Everything was presented in such an "I guess this happened" sort of way. The direction made it feel lacklustre and offhand, and not in the normal "I'm just an OP badass" kind of way like it usually does. 

Secondly, the last bits of the episode felt so cheery and light. Again, not in any way that made me feel happy or invested. After the direction of the rest of the season, and especially after the dark elements and cliffhanger of last episode, this one felt like it just didn't care and had to figure out how to end things.

Almost nothing in this episode felt satisfying, and Seika seems like a different person. He was shown angry at the beginning, and that went nowhere. He gives up on his whole discreet MO, and it ends up changing nothing. He has a discussion again with the Princess and threatens his brother, and it has no emotion to it.

I just hated this episode. After the rest of the season, hell even just last episode, building up Seika in every way to be a crazy cool take on the OP good-side protag, this episode just let everything go and felt like a bunch of empty time, despite what was going on plot-wise. It was disappointing. 

I look forward to hopefully getting a second season soon; maybe that will be like the rest of this awesome season was, and less like this last episode.
Apr 1, 2023 7:45 PM
Jun 2021
atleast i can say that i don’t have to watch the show anymore
Apr 1, 2023 7:59 PM
Aug 2013
I loved this anime, I agree with that it needed a bit more challenge for Seika... more battles...sometimes I was dissapointed with the lack of action in some episodes,  but maybe all is building up to something better in season 2 (if it will come out) after all the title says it Saikyou Onmyouji. I like all the characters, specially Amyu and Seika, and the episodes were interesting.
I´m confused about if there will be some romance in Saikyou Onmyouji because usually Demon Lord animes end up with harem ending, so I wouldn´t be surprised if it end like that. However, the story seem to point out there will be something between Seika and Amyu, but at the same time they show scenes with Yifa and Seika.
Well, it was a very good first season, I´m going to miss this anime.
Apr 1, 2023 8:03 PM
Jul 2012
This episode and the way it ended felt quite rushed, which is a shame, as the original premisse was interesting. Not a brilliant story, but also not boring or offensively bad. 7/10
Apr 1, 2023 8:25 PM
Nov 2021
The only anime of the season which I would ever think of re watching .
however "kind guy , must use his powers to help people bullshit"

in the end , going to play by others? i hope the next season doesn't disappoint me . if there is any.

overall it was good . i like isekai , op mc so I have no other choice after all because this was the best op mc after long time 😂😂
Apr 1, 2023 8:35 PM

Mar 2013
Great series, another one of a kind story!
Where the Demon King/LordSeika longs to help others in kind while also destroying those who stand in his way of creating his wonderful life together with his friends and family. 🫠

Perfect Ending! and Fiona is still the best girl here as she is the only one who mostly understands the true heart of Seika since he was a kid. To think Fiona was stalking, admiring and also worried about Seika since they were just kids. How endearing can she be... ☺️

I guess the story has yet to end or I hope that's the case. Looking forward to more of this in the future. 🥰
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 1, 2023 9:03 PM
Sep 2021
Overall a pretty decent season, some of the episodes during start and the middle fell of to me. Concept of the story is good. Animation and art style are decent.
Apr 1, 2023 9:24 PM

Jan 2020
Wow, sad to see people on here hate on the best isekai of the season.
Apr 1, 2023 10:23 PM

Jul 2016
It was definitely one of my favorites.

9/10

I want a 2nd season
Apr 1, 2023 11:55 PM
Apr 2013
Ok uhm. A really weird final episode. Not sure if intentional or just adaption or just light novel syndrome. Not sure how many vols are out, but considering it only started in 2019 it doesnt seem there's enough material for a s2, I'm assuming we're like 4 vols in? Hard to tell sometimes.

Anyway ok on to the actual ep itself. So. Quite a few bombshells were dropped this ep, but it seems to mainly just be explaining a few things.
I'm kind sad that amyu and yifa and mabel ended up doing nothing, the entire anime was basically just the seika show, and he's completely roflstomped more or less everything so far.
Its kind of funny that even the princess kinda (in)directly references this, because seika has been doing everything.
While we dont get to see and I'm still really confused, as to exactly what is going on. Assuming its true.

Also you know seika just casually stomping a huge mob of soldiers, and to top it off he even revives(??) the whole lot of them afterwards as well. Like you thought the other overpowered protagonists were strong, but this is kinda huh.

It's also interesting wondering how seika is feeling, he "could" have just left amyu but he's too kind + not trusting of others that he rushes to save her. Hmm.

I mean the pacing is all over the place but welp.

EDIT: Reminder that, I'm pretty sure earlier in the anime they said seika/amyu/mabel are like 13 or so now. Hmm.
CocoaGalaxyApr 2, 2023 1:31 AM
Apr 2, 2023 12:04 AM

Feb 2018
Dam Seika massacred those knights, and when I thought he was just gonna leave like that, he went on and resurrected them all lmfao. Seika real op.

And wow, Seika is the demon king, really random.

Welp, Seika and Amyu have set off to become adventurers together, and Yifa and Mabel showed up at the end anyways? lol I thought it was just gonna be Seika and Amyu for a while before that.

Kinda curious to see how their journey plays out as adventurers, though I have a feeling this won't get a second season anyways, so oh well lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 2, 2023 12:46 AM
Apr 2022
unfortunately for seika, he just didn't have the brains to devise a plan to rescue the hero without performing a massacre. u must be wondering: didn't he want to conceal his opiness? doesn't that make killing the soldiers and reviving them later a bad idea? did he learn anything from his past mistakes? well, the fact of the matter is he's just too strong and kind to even care about that bullshit. great show 3/10
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

64 by yannyiwnl »»
May 20, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

43 by Tasin_Haider »»
May 5, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

56 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

37 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

63 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.