Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
An entrance exam huh? Sounds like the type of trope they'd use in these type of anime with a magical school setting.

I hope Seika is truly prepared for this school especially with characters like Amu around. She has that no-nonsense attitude that is hard to get along with. Efa herself seems talented in magic and I wonder how much this show will expand on her skills.
Jan 21, 2023 9:50 AM
Sep 2015
Oh, the metal devil is quite hot, so it's such a waste if he really get eaten by dragon ryu, not sure if he's alive or not, but at least Seika capture one of his subordinate.

Does Seika really think it'll be different this time? I'm pretty sure the cycle of his old life will be repeated in his new life. Probably with a happier ending, it's the isekai anime after all.
Jan 21, 2023 10:28 AM

Feb 2019
Man this was the best episode yet. First off Efa looks stunning in her school uniform lol, don’t worry the skirt’s the perfect length.

The seika v demon fight was awesome. The animation may not be the best, but I actually did think seika was gonna get fucked up there for a second. Nice twist on the isekai formula with him not being the strongest and choosing to support the hero instead who’s stronger. I like the way he thinks.
Marinate1016Jan 21, 2023 10:41 AM
Jan 21, 2023 11:40 AM

Jul 2017
The magic practical exam is underway, and Yifa shocks everyone by her mid-rank, incantation-less magic that's thanks to Seika's lessons. As for Seika himself, it's of no doubt that his OP powers show to impress, other than the commoner Amyu, who may be the legendary hero. Yifa definitely surprised Seika by scoring higher on her practical, and the presence of darkness spirits and a magic circle, it alerts Seika while the entrance ceremony is going on, which got disrupted by monsters looking for something.

Between Seika and the monster caster Gull Galeos looking for the hero herself, no matter what Gull can muster of his strong attacks, nothing fazes Seika for his Onmyouji powers far outstretch those of the typical demon. Amyu took care of the lesser demon, which Seika would take the chance to be the friend and ally in this fight against the demon king.

A happy ending will be achieved? Probably, but time will only tell.
Jan 21, 2023 12:33 PM

Feb 2022
Seika developed a twisted personality from being the strongest and getting betrayed but him not being your typical good guy definitely helps this show stand out. It was funny seeing his ego take a hit from being beat by Efa in the exams. The battle was pretty neat, I'll be curious to see if Seika makes that demon he captured into his servant or just ends up using it for experiments.
Jan 21, 2023 2:07 PM

Sep 2018
This one continues to be pretty average, not god awful like some of its ilk but with little that elevates it either.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jan 21, 2023 2:55 PM

Jan 2008
One of the most cursed power in anime. The ability to summon CGI creatures. I fear what is to comes in future episodes.
Jan 21, 2023 4:24 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
This anime is actually turning into one of my favourite isekai/reincarnation animes this season!!

Amu really is all powerful and Seikas reaction to Efa beating him in the rankings was kinda funny!!

Jan 21, 2023 4:35 PM

Aug 2014
So he basically cheating using all those paper doll. But it didn't change the fact that he is OP XD. The Mizuchi thing is kinda scary. I believe one day one of his summon will rebel again him
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 21, 2023 4:48 PM
May 2019
Shenron got isekai hahahha joke

I can't wait to see his full power

This episode reminds me of Anos Voldogoad
battle.
Jan 21, 2023 5:13 PM

Aug 2019
Another nice episode imo

We got to see Seika fight a bit more and even summon some creatures from his past life, which I think is pretty cool since these creatures are new to this world and as we saw even the demon was impressed by them.

Although this episode did feel a bit slower I still enjoyed it :D
Jan 21, 2023 5:15 PM

Aug 2019
Ravarae said:
So he basically cheating using all those paper doll. But it didn't change the fact that he is OP XD. The Mizuchi thing is kinda scary. I believe one day one of his summon will rebel again him
Oh I didn't even think of that! Mizuchi was one of his weaker summons. Could you imagine if he summoned something stronger and it got out of control up ahead? I think that would be pretty interesting to see!
Jan 21, 2023 5:45 PM

May 2018
the dragon was like nigerundayo, don't wanna be trapped inside a vortex any more!
Jan 21, 2023 6:00 PM

Mar 2013
Seika is really cunning, even killing the Demon King is easy enough for him in his thoughts... just to make Am(y)u stronger than him but Efa overpassing him for the 2nd place in the entrance exam hit him really hard huh... lmao

Another great episode with his own powers going wild but his Ryuu needs to be tamed again, I guess. lol
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 21, 2023 6:52 PM
Oct 2010
This could be an interesting exercise in subversion if taken in a direction that they're obviously not going to go. 

With his miserable personality that has respect for others only insofar as they're useful to his plans and future comfort and the wildly OP combination of his powerset and minions, it would make more sense for him to satisfy the prophecy of demon king with Amyu to oppose him. Hell, with the way things ended in his old life and his personality it wouldn't surprise me if he WAS their version of the demon king that the heroic rebels banded together to slay and his retelling of events was convenient to his own viewpoint.

But they're highly unlikely to go that way which is going to make this your bog-standard OP MC school slog, topped off by his questionable status as a human being. So, pass.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong so I'll check back on the last episode to see where this distasteful excuse for a human ends up.
Jan 21, 2023 7:44 PM

Aug 2014
Alkimia said:
Ravarae said:
Oh I didn't even think of that! Mizuchi was one of his weaker summons. Could you imagine if he summoned something stronger and it got out of control up ahead? I think that would be pretty interesting to see!
That is just my theory, but I strongly believe something like that will happen in the future. As he is now in a weaker form than his previous self. And usually this is a foreshadowing for a future event. It just shows that he don't have complete authority over his summons (as of now, at least). But I don't know, just a fan theory to make watching this show more interesting XD
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 21, 2023 10:36 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
LOL so vile he could pick legendary status or not, as the only one with onmyoji powers, he can open gate to more strong monsters like the dragon.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 21, 2023 11:54 PM

Feb 2019
Seika's got a pretty twisted plan going there, but can't really blame him for wanting to use Amyu for his gains lol
Jan 22, 2023 12:28 AM

Sep 2018
Usually I prefer a more principled MC, but atm im enjoying this MC not being the usual ''selfless to the point of self harm'' but a more practical one with selfish motivations.
Its refreshing considering how little that happens especially in fantasy shows.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Jan 22, 2023 12:40 AM

Oct 2017
Yifa even learned wind magic, good girl. Seika's plan going good so far.
Jan 22, 2023 1:37 AM

Dec 2022
This show really piques my interest. Finally a somewhat wicked MC and not a clean one with a shining white vest like Rein from Beast Tamer (although he lost his family and his whole village at such a young age). Seika is essentially a Sociopath since the society/environment of his old life turned him into this wicked human being that he is now ready to sacrifice others to achieve his own selfish goals. It can lead into a nice character development when he might start to bond with Amyu maybe and it might then not be that easy to just watch her, mirroring his old self, being 'crushed'. Or he might turn into something like Ainz from Overlord...
At the moment I am kinda interested in how this will unfold.
the_cureJan 22, 2023 1:43 AM

Cr4v1nDys
Jan 22, 2023 3:07 AM
Apr 2013
Wow uh. Suffice to say I was not expecting this.

Still there's some stuff to say but where do I begin.

Yifa got a little bit of screentime at the start, and we got to see a little bit of amyu, but for the most part almost the entire episode was taken up by seika
(Side note, I need to rewatch ep 1 and 2 but I was under the impression that yifa was taller than seika? Not sure if we know exactly how old yifa and amyu are.)

So. Unlike certain other anime, this ep we actually got a big escalation into a full blown battle. Although its hard to tell exactly how much effort seika was putting into the fight. I mean we knew previously, but the ep shows that he cant just randomly summon the ayakashi because they might not be controlled.

I'm surprised yifa got a higher score than seika though, how on earth? For now it's still quite early though, but uh. We didnt get to see much of amyu this ep though unfortunately, hopefully we'll get more talking next ep.

If you think about it I'm starting to think we might have a "day and night" juxtaposition here where we have seika sneaking off to do stuff. Feels kinda bad though if they really do it.
Seika too, uh. I mean we already know he has some uh, "interesting" thoughts, so to speak.

We've had ~3 fights in 3 episodes so far, though this ep was the most extensive by far. Kinda scary though the massive power jump, I could barely even follow the fight at all, considering its just ep 3 what on earth is going to happen in the rest?

The part where seika was talking about the (old?) master was really confusing I have no idea. Although apparently uh. Maybe it'll be brought up next time.

For me personally I'd like to see at least something about yuki being resolved (can she even fight? Probably not considering she was the first to be summoned). Though more importantly right now is to "become friends" with amyu, which sounds easier said than done. Ironically it might be too jarring if it happens suddenly, but idk.

Right now its still early on so seika has semi monopolized most of the screentime, and amyu has barely shown up all sooo.
Adding yuki the total main characters is 4 instead of 3, but yeah.

I'm really curious though, as to how far seika's powers have/can go. Kinda confusing though. Clearly there's some kind of protection ish magic, it seems most likely its some kind of body double? That or its like an automatic revive magic.
They almost certainly cant just keep raising the power level sooo.

Also your weekly reminder that seika is(?) 12. Physically anyway.
Idk, time to rewatch ep 1 and 2 I guess.

[Edit: I am back and uh. Camera angles aside, it seems that while its not entirely consistent they do mostly show seika being *Slightly taller than yifa the whole time.
Still feels weird though but what do I know. Maybe its just me but if they are all 12 years old when was the last time.]
CocoaGalaxyJan 22, 2023 4:09 AM
Jan 22, 2023 4:19 AM

Jun 2016
that familiar mizuchi  is the weakest one LOL
Jan 22, 2023 4:35 AM
Feb 2021
I thought this was gonna be another generic reincarnation anime but from the looks of this episode, I think thats not the case. Was caught off guard that the fight was an actual FIGHT fight unlike how most other anime with op mc nowadays do.

Looking forward to more of this
Jan 22, 2023 4:55 AM

Nov 2019
Almost let a demon lord-level summoned beast escape. I hope MC be more careful next time.
Jan 22, 2023 1:22 PM
Viking Gnome

Dec 2018
Seika finally does his entrance exam and as expected throws out some weird spells no one knows what really are and showcases just a small portion of his power. More than enough to impress his fellow students and teachers but alas.

Efa also passes and even places above Seika somehow. Not really sure how they do those rankings but alright then.

We get introduced more to the hero in this episode and see her defeating some lesser demons all on her lonesome by the end, which is seemingly a magnificent feat only someone like the hero can pull off.

Seika, of course, defeats the demon summoning all these lessers, and does it flamboyantly and with even more ease than you could expect. He even died a few times just to test out how his charms worked, now that is what I call a chad move.

This episode didn't include overly much outside the customary entrance exam and then a battle scene with Seika and this demon. The animation was adequate for the battle, but I would have liked some higher production quality, but I suppose this anime does not have the biggest budget, so I won't complain.

The most interesting point in this episode is where Seika talks about the hero and the curse it really is to be the strongest, to be the one above all others. That in the end, even the strongest cannot survive against the masses turning against them and killing them out of fear, resentment, or malice.

Seika therefore simply wants to live a more cunning and happier life. He will befriend the hero, and be her trusted ally, but if she ends up being killed, well, he might shed a few tears, but life will go on, and he will be happy in the end.

I like how they are portraying Seika and how he doesn't really want to live this new life as some sought-after hero, he simply wants to live in a cunning, smart way where he will not have the masses turn on him, and they won't even know who he really is.

He is seemingly going to use the hero as a sacrificial pawn in his quest for this happy life if the times call for it, so I will be interested to see how his character develops away from this, if at all, by the end of the season.

Jan 22, 2023 2:34 PM
Apr 2020
Why is this so good
Jan 22, 2023 2:53 PM

Aug 2019
Ravarae said:
Alkimia said:
That is just my theory, but I strongly believe something like that will happen in the future. As he is now in a weaker form than his previous self. And usually this is a foreshadowing for a future event. It just shows that he don't have complete authority over his summons (as of now, at least). But I don't know, just a fan theory to make watching this show more interesting XD
lol I mean a part of me kinda hopes something like that happens now :)
Jan 22, 2023 3:11 PM
Sep 2022
Wasn't expecting to enjoy this episode as much as I did, but here we are.
Jan 22, 2023 3:21 PM
Oct 2016
It was fun enough. Subverted expectations of how things would play out a bit. At least to the point I'm not jaded and it's not just another isekai to me. Makes for an interesting take on it for now.
Jan 23, 2023 6:02 AM

Aug 2011
Its good. Good character development and goal

Jan 23, 2023 7:08 AM

Oct 2008
w0w! that was a nice showcase of various high level onmyouji powers! not even a demon with teleporting skill is a match against Seika who is not yet mature and not full powah lolz.
5/5.
Seika learned it the hard way this time hoping that he won't make the same mistake...but is that gonna be the case? what if there is a very strong godlike opponent and not even Amyu can handle it? maybe Seika can just cover it-up in some way so that none would notice...hmmmm
matias067Jan 23, 2023 7:12 AM

Jan 23, 2023 6:37 PM

Oct 2017
After watching ep3 , i think is safe to drop this anime adaptation
As someone who really like the manga series of this, the animation/ fight scene of this adaptation is very lackluster.
I was going to see how they present some of the cool scenes from manga, however, every key moment of fight scene they basically just skip the whole action choreography and present the aftermath only.
Tis a shame since the music and artstyle of this anime adaption it's quite good.
At least the source and manga has pretty interesting setting, but I'm not going to waste my time watching this level of adaptation. 
Jan 24, 2023 10:53 AM

Nov 2013
seems like the written exam didn't go to well for Efa, but as soon as she got to use her magic, she put everyone else to shame, easily destroying the targets without even needing to chant... she even practiced a spell on her own time without letting Seika know

if Efa already did something out of the ordinary, we ofc were not ready to watch Seika use spells that no one knew, from Sasuke's Amaterasu ... i mean blue flames ... to a stone something... to a big iceberg lol

again... as much as these 2 were already showing off, our Amu with her 6 elemental spells stole the show LOL she might even be a hero
ofc according to the opening song, they will all be together as a team, while the noobs will play together :v

Efa worried she would fail and get thrown out is kinda cute but we all know it won't happen
HAHAHA she actually got more than Seika, no one would expect that

yep, that skirt is not short at all, maybe they should be even shorter cough cough

they saw a random circle outside , that has to be bad news , and it summoned some monsters to attack the academy durin Amu speech lol

those older students/teachers couldn't even scratch the demons, while Amu came to the rescue, she is op lol
Seika teleported outside and confronted the summoner

it looked like Seika would easily beat them since he instantly beat the 3 lesser demons, but the actual enemy is a little stronger than that, using his teleportation dark magic to do all sort of tricks and even take Seika's arm (we all know it won't end like this but ok)
he was looking for the hero, and he found her, so what happens now?

Seika is like Anos, did you think he would die if you killed him? lmfao

now to finish this long ass fight, time for one of the summons, gigantic dragon... worm? is this the one we saw him riding in the 1st episode before dying?
oh he actually killed the guy, i thought he would capture him and make him into one of his minions (but maybe he will do that to the lesser demon instead, even if that one is far weaker...)
didn't expect that one to try to run away... Seika is slightly weaker now than when he was an adult so maybe it didn't want to serve him anymore

back to the party, Amu defeated all the demons alone lol Seika will make sure she becomes the strongest, so that he isn't the one being targetted by people's expectations and rebel stuff
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 26, 2023 12:28 PM
Jun 2017
dude op nice wit it
Jan 31, 2023 2:20 PM

Nov 2009
LOL "element whatever" dude didn't even try to come up with an awesome name for his spells.

Seika's power come from knowledge of knowing how some elements work (similar to Isekai Yakkyoku in knowing the element-codes)

But Seika comes from old Japan era that doesn't have advanced scientific knowledge, so Seika doesn't know how "light and dark" works (we today know how they work and can create them)

Also, don't worry Efa, that skirt is the PERFECT length. >w>

___ ___ ___

BTW, Seika is using "substitution technique", so while it looks like Seika is taking hits, he actually isn't, his paper dolls are. So that's why it looks like he "dies and comeback to life"

Also... apparently Seika wants to use Amyu to make himself happy even if that means turning Amyu into the strongest and have her get killed later on...

Dude... Seika is kinda evil huh... who knows, maybe Seika's the actual Demon Lord in the "fairy tail" LOL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 2, 2023 3:31 PM

Feb 2014
I don't know if it's due to bad subtitle or other factors, but i still don't understand any explanation of seika's powers. For example one text in minute 18:53 says "Splitting salt into two and one will have the ki of metal" WTF does those gibberish mean?
Feb 5, 2023 5:54 AM

Dec 2022
Protoz said:
I don't know if it's due to bad subtitle or other factors, but i still don't understand any explanation of seika's powers. For example one text in minute 18:53 says "Splitting salt into two and one will have the ki of metal" WTF does those gibberish mean?

I guess you need a bit of chemistry knowledge to fully understand what's going on. Salt is NaCl (SodiumChloride). 'Splitting salt into two' basically means to split Na from Cl and break salt apart into its 2 atoms. And Na (Sodium) is a metal.

Cr4v1nDys
Feb 11, 2023 4:29 PM

Jan 2015
Liked the exam and pretty much everything except the fight itself. Maybe its just me, but kinda hard to be engaged knowing that he will come out victorious against anyone. Common isekai problem I guess, for me at least.

Also didnt really like the fact that he considers using Emu the alleged hero to live a peaceful life in her shadows even if it gets her killed
Feb 12, 2023 5:35 AM

Jun 2015
Hogwarts will have to wait. Totally missed this one after watching first 2 eps. Eps properly kicked off. Was some most excellent dialogue. Must binge next eps now!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 13, 2023 8:56 PM
Oct 2019
somewhat entertaining entrance exam. interesting battle against the demon (and then the subsequent dragon summon and attempted escape by the dragon)

sometimes the mc sounds like he's a good person, but other times he sounds like he's the villain of the story
Feb 21, 2023 8:24 AM
Oct 2020
This dude writes the plot.
Feb 23, 2023 9:49 PM
Sep 2018
why are the most helpful reviews for this all not recommended? What exactly is wrong with being formulaic? Almost every movie that comes out from Hollywood is incredibly formulaic and no one cares. All that matters is how well its executed and this show is executed superbly. What a great battle this episode
Mar 10, 2023 6:24 AM
Aug 2021
anime brabo demais curti essa pegada diferente com protagonista exorcista muito roubado cada episodio mais top que o outro
Mar 11, 2023 3:13 PM

Nov 2013
Plot took a shitty turn IMO. So, when MC said he wants to be one of the weak people, he meant he simply doesn't want to be #1, lol? So being #2 is ok apparently (even though he's already #1 actually).
And what's with the sudden turn to dark side? Having killed former master, toying with enemy and desiring to groom the hero so his façade of "being #2/#3 strongest" remains true...

It seems MC's dad was right to fear him. I guess we'll have to wait and see if MC ends up being a scum or redeems himself. 
Mar 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Dec 2020
What wonderful episode with a cool fight.
niookookjoMar 19, 2023 7:55 PM
Apr 3, 2023 2:38 AM

Sep 2012
NirvashX1 said:
that familiar mizuchi  is the weakest one LOL
i can't imagine how strong is the strongest then LMAO
Apr 3, 2023 2:40 AM

Sep 2012
he has some high level genjutsu, he was toying with the demon LMAO

they worry about the hero, but they should really worry about him lol
Apr 5, 2023 7:30 AM

May 2020
Seika was cool in the practical exam. He made it to #3, while Yifa made it to #2. Demons were looking for Amyu. Seika had a good time with the demons.

Damn, he wants her to become the strongest so that he can have a peaceful life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

138 by argy97 »»
Apr 9, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

56 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

37 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

63 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

63 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.