Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2023 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
New semester, new opportunities but honestly, this episode felt like every other in terms of content and storytelling.

Seika fought another big bad but felt like he was not taking it that serious. I feel like this anime just wants to show off his skills whenever it gets the chance, which is kinda silly. 
Mar 25, 2023 10:54 AM
Jun 2020
Wow, that was a nice episode! Kinda reminded me of  Overlord S3 Ep8

I was expecting the demon party to be stronger than that, or maybe it's just that Seika is too OP
Mar 25, 2023 10:59 AM

Feb 2019
Jesus Seika really one of my fave mc’s love his sadistic side. Almost felt bad for the demons in this episode because of how outclassed they were. Fitting that bunny dude gets eaten by a snake lmao. But the girl who’s heart stopped was so dark.

Looks like Seika actions are not without consequence tho. Wonder how he’s gonna get Amyu out of this situation next week for the finale. Will be sad to see this one end.
Mar 25, 2023 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
After almost a season of going mysteriously OP, for Seika to mention that he's going to act like a normal person now, it's definitely a change, but preparations have to be done.

The demons are ready to infiltrate and lay waste to the magic academy by killing the Hero Amyu, though Seika is always one step ahead of them in full preparation for the impending attack (except that Mabel is real). Turns out that everyone of them had the same tailsman Shikigami decoy, which Seika certainly was leading them together for a killing that's way above their heads, using some of the strongest ayakashi. A good try for the demons, but once they encounter Seika, they're as good as dead because the Demon King is right in front of them, taken by total surprise.

With the demons exterminated, life goes back to normal, but Amyu getting arrested for Seika's wrap-up of the demons before, what gives?

Mod Edit: Removed Backseat-modding.
Koito91Mar 25, 2023 11:57 AM
Mar 25, 2023 11:04 AM

Jan 2015
Is it just me who was left massively disappointed by the episode? We had such a great buildup with the group of antagonists. They all looked like such a big deal and imo they were great fucking characters. And then... that happened. I dunno, what a waste. First Kyle, now them. The moment Muderev's head flew, I knew shit was going in the wrong direction. Author just continuously murders his own well written antagonists lol, the ones who make things actually interesting. 

I'm still a fan of the anime, but damn I didn't like this episode ONE BIT. Again what's the point with all the buildup and making the antagonists likable lol.
Mar 25, 2023 11:05 AM
Apr 2022
Well, he did spout a great poem this episode. The only reason I caught it was because I skipped a few of weeks, and there's so little interesting stuff on, I figured that I might get lucky if I catch up...
Another boring OP protagonist Isekai, no fun at all. Except for the poem here and the one early on when he reversed the professor's curse. 
Everything else was, uh, totally uninteresting.
I hope next week offers some redemption for poor Abe>Harry in some way.
Mar 25, 2023 11:27 AM
Sep 2015
I'm a little bit confused but it'll make more sense if it's confirmed that there can be multiple demon kings exist in the same time. Since Seika is demon king then who'd send that demon party to hunt the hero... and it's not the merchant this time, should be another demon king?
Mar 25, 2023 11:53 AM

Dec 2022
seika truly is a veil demon lord also why is he overpowered like he killed one of the five strongest demons in less than 5 minutes
Mar 25, 2023 11:58 AM

Dec 2018
ANTI-SPlRAL said:
seika truly is a veil demon lord also why is he overpowered like he killed one of the five strongest demons in less than 5 minutes
lmao it was very disappointing, wasn't it? like, these guys were built up for several episodes just to get their asses kicked so fast.

it was nice to see the demons get their shit kicked in, but good god that cliffhanger! come on, man. one episode left, so let's wait and see what happens.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MiraMar 26, 2023 8:19 AM
Mar 25, 2023 12:47 PM

Oct 2017
Seika's the demon king confirmed. I felt sorry for those demons, they got destroyed in no time. Also looks like someone was working with them. They sent people to arrest Amyu now that those demons were defeated.
Mar 25, 2023 12:47 PM
Jan 2023
pqp se n tiver segunda temp to lascado. Pq é cd revelação interessante nesse anime q nuss
Mar 25, 2023 12:54 PM
Apr 2013
So uh. Honestly not much happened this ep, it kinda went by in a flash.

So. Mabel got some screentime, she really is quite strong, though uh. Without seika she might have just straight up been a goner.

Sooo I thought seika was going to fight them all separately, but he ended up just taking them all out one by one. Like I knew seika was OP as heck but he barely even broke a sweat. A new summon this time, the snake.

Unfortunately amyu and yifa did absolutely nothing this ep, so they only have one more ep to actually get to do anything.

So to nobody's surprise they hit us over the head and/or in the face that seika is the "demon lord", etc. But anyway.

Kind of an abrupt ending, cliffhanger obviously. It feels kinda bad they spent sooo much time dragging out all the other scenes, but it was probably(?) intentional. Not sure exactly what or why, but it'll all come down to the last ep then. The princess doesnt show up this ep either so hmm.
Mar 25, 2023 1:51 PM

Mar 2021
simplest way to describe Seika is that he is a fucking Psycho...

Goosebump of an episode... Eagerly waiting for the finale next week
Mar 25, 2023 2:04 PM

Jan 2010
Yeah... I understand now why seika was killed in his previous life and to be honest it will end the same here. It should be amyu who kills him at the end.
Mar 25, 2023 2:18 PM
Jun 2012
phantomfandom said:
I'm a little bit confused but it'll make more sense if it's confirmed that there can be multiple demon kings exist in the same time. Since Seika is demon king then who'd send that demon party to hunt the hero... and it's not the merchant this time, should be another demon king?
No demon king sent them. They acted on a prophecy that foretold the birth of one, so they went on to clear the way, so to speak.
Mar 25, 2023 3:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ah yes, the invicible Kirito inspired character strikes again lol

well at least that was an unexpected end to the episode, it'd be interesting if he set her up, since at the beginning he didnt seem to give a shit about her

well see how this ends i guess

EcchiGodMamsterMar 25, 2023 3:23 PM
Mar 25, 2023 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
anime_monger said:
Wow, that was a nice episode! Kinda reminded me of  Overlord S3 Ep8

I was expecting the demon party to be stronger than that, or maybe it's just that Seika is too OP
LoL, and I hated that episode so much it made me drop the show. I guess I don't find satisfaction when an overly OP character effortlessly demolishes desperate enemies, be it good or bad guys. Unlike Overlord however, these people did plan to kill innocent students so I feel less outraged. 
Mar 25, 2023 3:55 PM

Oct 2019
They got wiped on single episode. Lol I thought the season will end after their defeat.

Mar 25, 2023 4:01 PM
Feb 2023
So the demon lord protecting the hero huh...

Seems like the direction of the story will be like both of them against the world. For demons because the lord isn't siding with them. For humans because tehy cant control the hero.

Kinda make sense that the princess told him, that she will always be in his side.
She can see the future, and obviously she saw seika can destroy everything in that world so she wouldn't want messed with him.
Mar 25, 2023 4:16 PM
Feb 2023
I really like how seika use his onmyouji power. It looks like the abilities of dukun from indonesia.

- the ability to inflict injury or death curse from long distance (santet)
- monster summoning (ghost or demon summoning)
Mar 25, 2023 6:47 PM

Sep 2016
No mercy.

And here it is the demon lord reveal.
Mar 25, 2023 7:05 PM

Nov 2012
He's the Demon King!! That elf was right to worn Yifa!
That explains all the concerns of the ayakashi that stays with him not to mention why his father, brothers, and Yifa's dad found him creepy.
Mar 25, 2023 7:25 PM

Feb 2019
she's being set up, isn't she? that marquess or whatever that person's boss is called is in league with the demons and wants to eliminate the hero.
Mar 25, 2023 7:37 PM

Sep 2019
Build up the villains, make them a little interesting, add a little backstory, then casually murder them.

Bleah.
Mar 25, 2023 10:32 PM

Apr 2016
This episode kinda reminds me of Overlord. Good episode nonetheless.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Mar 26, 2023 12:50 AM

Apr 2011
I was expecting the demon party to be tough enemies for Seika, but I guess I was wrong. He wiped all of them. The Elf was right, Seika is a monster. And not just any monster, He's the 
demon lord. Although he just wants to live a normal life, things aren't going to his way. 

I was gonna save the last 2 episodes but the spoilers on YouTube and Facebook forced me to watch it as I got excited. I wonder what Seika will do now that Amyu getting arrested. Seems like its another plot to kill her. 

Sigh. Another week of waiting. Hoping there'll be another season. I'm enjoying this series so far.
MagitoMar 26, 2023 12:58 AM
Mar 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Mar 2013
With so many hints from the forum community (which made the episode look a bit dumb), it's pretty obvious that the status of Seika is that of a demon lord but iirc, there was also a demon lord back in the earliest episodes that was on the throne... so who was that character? it is still a mystery why Seika is a demon lord in the first place.

This episode was just great, the look of that character where he can see the skills hidden in anyone. That was priceless.

Kindly remember, this is not a straightforward story where the demon lord protects the hero. If you know or still remember what happened to Seika's past life, one could probably understand that it is not what it seems to be.
CrazyButNot4UMar 26, 2023 1:46 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 26, 2023 2:04 AM

Dec 2022
SilverFay11 said:
Kinda make sense that the princess told him, that she will always be in his side.
She can see the future, and obviously she saw seika can destroy everything in that world so she wouldn't want messed with him.

Yes, this also came into my mind during this episode. However, I think it will turn out a bit different. In the end she said that she's on his side no matter what happens and he should not forget that. Furthermore as they played chess in episode 11, she used an analogy of a child playing on a field next to a huge hole. But the child is unaware of it and is soon to fall into it, however, she wants to save that child.
This is some dark foreshadowing for Seika and it looks like his plan won't turn out the way he wanted to. The world might come down crashing on him again. Just like his spirit Yuki also felt quite uneasy before and after the fight with the demons. She also feels it and Seika is oblivious to it and thinks everything gonna turn out the way he imagined. But if you think about it: Because of Seika's protection Amyu the hero never really faced any danger and therefore didn't really grow in any kind of way. Amyu said so herself, she sparred more with Seika's brother Gly but was never able to defeat him once. For a hero she is incredibly weak and Seika is now standing out way too much. He even took the hero's place since she was the one who held the introduction speech last year, but now it is him. Seika fails to realize what is happening right now even though all the red flags pop up.
The 'most terrible Demon King' might end up fighting alone against the world left by everyone again, just like in his previous life. I'm quite intrigued how this will turn out with his party (Amyu, Mabel, Yifa) and also how the holy princess Fiona will get involved in this. I am interested in how the author gonna play out this built up premonition for Seika.

But I have to give 'em that: The way they introduced the title of the episode 'The most terrible Demon King' was kinda slick and epic. Really cool. I liked it^^

Cr4v1nDys
Mar 26, 2023 2:58 AM

Oct 2014
Little did Seika knew the board piece that he would like to play with, which is the hero, already belongs to a bigger playing field that’s not his.
Now, he personally see the big hole where the kid fell into from the princess’ prophecy.

I highly doubt he can brute force this problem just like he did in this EP so I wonder how it’s gonna be resolved in the next and last EP.
Most likely it won’t be but if it did, it sure would make a horrible show and I’d rather not see it.

In the case that he would resolve to violence is when this new world he reincarnated to, would come to utter obliteration or atleast, be devastated by his “minions from hell” had he been able to unleash all of them.
Mar 26, 2023 4:32 AM

Feb 2018
I'm curious to know what Seika's stats say lol, guess I'll never know.

Seika really made light work of those demons lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Mar 26, 2023 6:08 AM
Nov 2019
when the demon party was like, oh, we have seen a monster we cannot defeat, i was like, ya ganbatte !
Mar 26, 2023 6:25 AM

Jun 2016
ommg seika is so badass and cool !!
this episode is banger !!!
Mar 26, 2023 11:17 AM

Aug 2019
What? lol you're telling me it was really as easy as going up to the front gate of the academy and teleporting inside the walls...? Oh it hurts...

It was cool and scary to see Seika murder that whole party in some pretty messed up ways though. Same goes for Seika being revealed as the new demon king, reborn as a human

Just one episode left now. Let's hope we get a decent ending out of this
Mar 26, 2023 11:18 AM

Aug 2019
Hirugiku said:
Is it just me who was left massively disappointed by the episode? We had such a great buildup with the group of antagonists. They all looked like such a big deal and imo they were great fucking characters. And then... that happened. I dunno, what a waste. First Kyle, now them. The moment Muderev's head flew, I knew shit was going in the wrong direction. Author just continuously murders his own well written antagonists lol, the ones who make things actually interesting. 

I'm still a fan of the anime, but damn I didn't like this episode ONE BIT. Again what's the point with all the buildup and making the antagonists likable lol.
Fr lol all that buildup across multiple episodes just to get murdered in like two seconds
Mar 26, 2023 3:31 PM
Mar 2021
Perfect Plot Twist
Mar 26, 2023 6:05 PM
May 2008
I've been hate-watching this show (as I do a lot of isekai) and I have to say that it's both hilarious and disappointing at the same time.

(1) I thought the demon characters here were pretty bland, but they could have developed & grown to work with the Hero to defeat Seika and that would have been an interesting dynamic.
(2) I thought it was hilarious these characters were built up at all in order to just die.

Think about it. There are at least 10 minutes worth of scenes spread across several episodes building these characters up. This whole episode has a fight sequence with Mabel. It has an extensive conversation with Seika. All for -- nothing. If you cut out all these pointless minutes worth of conflict, the anime would have more time to do literally anything else with its story. It's so wasteful.

(3) Seika says he's "not going to hide" but much like in the arena episode, Seika hasn't really been hiding at all. Everyone with a pair of working eyes can tell Seika stands out. He is terrible at "hiding". He doesn't let Amyu or Mabel take credit for his actions at all.

I don't understand Japan's concept of "wish fulfillment" that fuels a lot of these isekai. Do Japanese teenagers really think, "Wow, Seika is such a badass." 
Because he didn't even try to reason with them, or learn anything about their plans. If he is this powerful he can be so arrogant, why doesn't he just go on a spree genodicing anyone who could hurt Amyu?
Mar 26, 2023 10:26 PM
Apr 2017
I came into this anime with very low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. At first, this series seemed painfully generic, but it seems to be subverting expectations in the direction the character Seika is being taken.

This episode revealed he increasingly doesn't care about standing out, wondering whether it may not be so bad being the strongest. You see him wish to do the speech to despite that just drawing more attention onto him.

His sadism towards his enemies and lack of empathy is shocking, as if he were a cat playing with a half-dead mouse. We know he can feel some empathy, as he did when that demon spy was eaten by his summon, but here you really don't see him care when his enemies are obviously sad about their comrades dying and nobly self-sacrifice.

People complained about the demons being built up only to die but it did serve a great purpose in helping us understand that demons can care for others, have family they wish to make proud, and are capable of self-sacrifice for their people.
This opens up the possibility that demons and humans are not so different.
Also keeps tension knowing characters can die at the drop of a hat, besides the tension and impact of their sudden deaths after growing fond of these fleshed out demon characters with interesting powers.

I wonder if the Hero will help demons while Demon King helps humans. Would be interesting. Or perhaps the Demon King decides to escape with the Hero taking over Demon lands.

Yes Seika is overpowered, but really, this series seems to be all about character exploration in his seemingly changing motives as we learn how little we understand him. Also how the Hero's motives may change.

So slow start but increasingly promising and interesting. This is one of the best episodes yet, excited for the next one.
Mar 27, 2023 12:01 AM
Mar 2020
SHEEEESH GOD DAM THIS EPISODE WENT CRAZY
Mar 27, 2023 3:16 AM

Jan 2008
A note for any potential writer - if you are trying to make your antagonists likeable/relatable/whatever at least try not to show them commiting clearly evil acts.
The second the demon party started doing all that bonding crap I knew exactly how this is going to end - and I was not dissapointed. Tho' I was hopping he's gonna cut the bunnys legs off first and let him bleed out and maybe choke the girl to death but it was still pretty good if not as gory as I would like. The red guys' death was pretty much spot on.
Mar 27, 2023 11:33 AM
Apr 2017
This anime is amazing, i recomand
Mar 28, 2023 12:41 PM

Apr 2015
Well that was quick.
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Mar 28, 2023 5:50 PM

Nov 2009
Well... the Demon group is technically the "good guys" as they're facing against the Demon Lord that is Seika, lol

But of course, the Demon Lord is TOO powerful for these newb adventurers that isn't Hero class.

Also, how did Seika already know the Demons were coming? I thought the Princess kept that off and didn't tell them about it...

___ ___ ___

As for Seika's stat... it probably doesn't really have numbers, but it just says what skills he posses, which is Exorcist arts that isn't suppose to exist in their world.

Poor Demons... they have to fight against the HERO AND DEMON LORD... there's literally no way for the Demons to win.

But of course... the Demons will probably keep on sending Demons to go after the Hero, cause Seika killed off the dude that was trying to head back and tell people about the Demon Lord. (if the Demons know, they'll probably actually stop sending in Demons cause they know there's no way for them to win)

Even Seika's own fox is afraid of him... cause Dude can literally cut or stab people without requiring anything from the victim... all Seika had to do is "think about it" and bam... they're dead no matter what. (this is even more OP than death note... cause Seika doesn't even need to write anything on anything, he just need a piece of paper)

___ ___ ___

Which interestingly... reminds me of previous episode when the Princess hints she might be going against Seika in the future... since the Princess can see the future, she probably also already know Seika might go berserk in the future and kill everyone like in his past life.

Tho if this happens, it might reveal why he was killed in his past life, someone also probably saw the future about Seika and they had no choice but to kill Seika.
amlgMar 28, 2023 6:06 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 29, 2023 10:47 AM

May 2018
lmao the demons got wiped out like nothing. It's good that this show doesn't even try to pretend that there's any tension in these battles
Mar 30, 2023 9:08 AM

Oct 2020
A wonderfully dark episode that sees Seika at his usual peak. It’s an interesting twist at the end, though, to see that perhaps his usual refined sweeps wasn’t as thorough this time. I always enjoy seeing and hearing more of what he knew and fought against in his previous life and how the Seika of now is still nevertheless unflinching, cold and detached when taking out enemies. Mabel getting a bigger role was a nice addition.
Mar 30, 2023 9:40 AM

Oct 2008
looks like even the powerful Seika could not prevent situations like this huh...(this means Seika could not detect the mastermind on who is plotting the arrest)
but damn those demons doesn't stand a chance against Seika...it was somewhat satisfying at least???
5/5.

Mar 31, 2023 2:42 AM
Aug 2015
Penguinu said:

From the LN: 
Mar 31, 2023 3:46 AM

Feb 2018
abc123fml said:
Penguinu said:

From the LN: 
Thanks for sharing lol, looks crazy as expected. Pretty interesting.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Mar 31, 2023 2:08 PM
Nov 2022
Amazing and also i think the next episode will be interesting. The way things are going, no matter how much he wants to use his powers but hide them, I think he will reveal them in the next episode to everyone.
Mar 31, 2023 3:18 PM
May 2011
Penguinu said:

They’re actually revealed in the light novel, in the very same scene! Translated version below:
Apr 1, 2023 10:54 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
some of the CUTEST GIRLS like... ever... but no fanservice, so no simp for show
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

64 by yannyiwnl »»
May 20, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

43 by Tasin_Haider »»
May 5, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

138 by argy97 »»
Apr 9, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

37 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Saikyou Onmyouji no Isekai Tenseiki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2023

63 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 11:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.