Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 18, 2023 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
Lol, watching the party shooting goblins in a fantasy world is just wild. I almost laughed because of how silly it looked even though the episode took itself seriously.

Obviously, this episode had military elements but seeing Mitsuha taking on a leadership role made it kinda cool. I think she was practically born for this, to be a leader that is.
Mar 18, 2023 10:31 AM

Feb 2020
That's definitely something you don't see every day in a fantasy world. Kinda absurd episode, but in a good way for sure. Nice action scenes.

Hoping for a good finale.

SerafosMar 18, 2023 11:02 AM
Mar 18, 2023 11:20 AM
May 2014
as expected, machine gun goes brrrrr
i also expect to see RPG's next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2023 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
This is what happens when you use modern warfare against an ancient one. I hope they bring some missiles or RPGs for that dragon.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 18, 2023 12:23 PM
Jun 2019
Good thing fireworks murder every goblin while leaving humans relatively unharmed. I figured Mitsuha would realize she could transfer all the goblins to the moon or something,
Mar 18, 2023 12:28 PM

Jul 2017
The monster stampede has Mitsuha worrying if she and the Wolf's Fang captain can come out alive, and all she needs is a bargain...of fireworks to drive the goblins away, and the support of the military group to fend off the Imperial army. Even though it's 61 men vs. 20,000 of the Imperial, the military prowess wlll be more than enough to bring the battle into the fantasy world.

Rather than monsters, it's military vehicles filling the kingdom's backyard, spread far and wide around the Kingdom's walls. The Messenger of Lightning is ready to go, and fire at will bringing unfamiliar things like guns to the battlefield. But man, Mitsuha this time is ruthless for an attack such as this, and her leadership role is for this moment, all learnt from her brother. Land or air, through their "God" that's an automated cannon, all the blood and tears are struck down like it's nothing.

Well, one more obstacle to go: the dragon, and it certainly comes unannounced. Hoping for a decent finale.
Mar 18, 2023 12:38 PM

Feb 2019
I would love to see a Mitsuha and Tanya collab lmao. Did not expect this show to become GATE with Mitsuha leading a modern army in a fantasy world. She’s a terrifying leader actually. Would not wanna go against her. Last ep next week:/
Mar 18, 2023 12:40 PM
Nov 2020
I loved this episode
Mar 18, 2023 12:41 PM

Jan 2019
Did same thing many times in ultimate epic battle simulator game, same feeling of satisfaction.
Mar 18, 2023 12:54 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Oh no, it's the war between Mitsuha's army from the Real World (who somehow don't really question this whole ordeal with the other world) and the monster and soldiers PNG army. Who'd win I wonder...

In all seriousness, this has to be among the least animated wars I've watched in anime. The cgi even looked better that some of the static frames. Also, the line between both world has become so flimsy that it puts to shame how the series started with Mitsuha being so cautious.

At any rate, only one episode left to wrap up this weird arc.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 18, 2023 1:08 PM
Dec 2020
Gotta say, I'm liking this girl more and more. She's honestly kinda scary.
Mar 18, 2023 1:15 PM

Nov 2019
A staple of fantasy stories finally appears! Dragon! I wonder if the mercs brought panzerfaust or something.
Mar 18, 2023 2:23 PM

Dec 2013
Mitsuha was great, she doesn't screw around, I liked a lto this turn on the story, an unofficial new season of GATE.
Mar 18, 2023 2:41 PM
Sep 2011
Worst episode by far. Cant understand why so many liked it, must not have read the original, they changed so much stuff and made it stupid, censored the violence in the war, changed some lines to be cringe, then this stupid bit with her and the captain teleporting together they made up completely taking away the captains trust for her shown in the original.

It was following along so good why do they change shit so much now in the last few episodes. What were they thinking.
Mar 18, 2023 4:17 PM

Feb 2019
if she can tame or defeat that final boss, then for sure she'll be heralded as a god! lol
Mar 18, 2023 6:21 PM
Oct 2022
I thought it was going to be gate jietai style but then I remember that the budget is the same as they did to jashin drop kick xd
finally to nothing
psdta: mitsuha could easily be one of the best female isekais
she's even on par with the librarian's mouse
Mar 18, 2023 6:25 PM

Sep 2019
I might be mistaken but I remember reading the novel and there they shoot not like shot the legs or arms like in the novel some soldiers actually got shredded like mince meat it was a total chaos in the battlefield some soldiers got killed by their own tamed monsters too. Some officers and conscripts even fled and become bandits who preyed on innocent people.

I guess in anime format they really can't anger JDF even though they're PMC or mercenaries but casuals viewers will assume they're JDF.

or maybe it's too gory to show. This is why I appreciate it when show runners (Redo of Healer) dont give a f about controversies.
konerokoMar 18, 2023 6:30 PM
C6R5 Raiden
Mar 18, 2023 6:29 PM

Dec 2022
something tells me that dragon is going to go down with one shot to the dome from a tank next week lol
Mar 18, 2023 6:31 PM

Nov 2018
Wow they wussed out and completely undermined the scale and achievement of the battle... and the battle was the best part of the novels. Sadness. It was them against 20,000 troops, not 200 (anime cost cutting?). They were spraying bullets, not shooting arms and legs (lol) here's how it actually went down:

Mitsuha, on the other hand, was just getting started.
“Wanna know why I’m right? Because I said so! Now, feel the wrath of the one true God!” She switched back to her throat mic. “Machine gun one! Ten o’clock to two o’clock, mow them down in five seconds! Fire!”
The order was given, and the execution came soon after.
BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BA-BANG!
These were loud, thunderous sounds the soldiers had never heard before, and what followed was the complete, brutal destruction of dozens of their brothers-in-arms. Bodies were torn apart, spraying flesh and gore in all directions.
AAAAAAAHHHH!”
Hell truly did exist in this world.
Mar 18, 2023 7:03 PM

Jul 2019
This show should have stuck to her running a shop, and selling modern items to random people, that was far more interesting then this whole political/war stuff that's going on. I have never seen a more boring horde of goblins in my life, lmao.  These last few episodes have been an absolute bore in a series I was actually enjoying a little. It had lots of potential to just be a fun SoL isekai. Man it tanked fast.
Mar 18, 2023 7:33 PM

Oct 2022
It's all fun and games until a ducking dragon enters the fray.
Mar 18, 2023 8:54 PM

Nov 2012
Mitsuha has added military strategist and commander to her services. The level of ridiculousness far exceeds expectations.

What soldier of any type turns their back on an enemy soldier that hasn't been tied up to hold a convo?

Guessing the dragon is a surprise final boss to both sides.

dragynfaerieMar 18, 2023 9:02 PM
Mar 18, 2023 9:22 PM

Sep 2021
So this show actually transitioned from absurd Isekai Comedy to absurd Isekai Heavy Machinery War...
But honsetly, I still love it! Mitsuha is just a great character, capable of carrying both genres with ease. She might be an airhead, but today, she could show of how capable and smart she is, leading her troops to victory. Plus her war princess dress looks phenomenal! 
Oh, and it hasn't lost all comedy, as seeing the leader of the empire witness the downfall of the entire army by a few guns was hillarous! 

I'm looking forward to next week's finale. It seems the next fight is against a very grumpy dragon - I guess he is not even part of the empire, but rather "disturbed" by the machine guns... They'll need even bigger guns for him!
Mar 18, 2023 10:18 PM

Apr 2016
I'm actually surprised Mitsuha can transport everyone on the other world, she has no limits on her power lmao. She's actually the GATE herself.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Mar 18, 2023 10:18 PM
Jan 2020
Jackson1333 said:
This show should have stuck to her running a shop, and selling modern items to random people, that was far more interesting then this whole political/war stuff that's going on. I have never seen a more boring horde of goblins in my life, lmao.  These last few episodes have been an absolute bore in a series I was actually enjoying a little. It had lots of potential to just be a fun SoL isekai. Man it tanked fast.
Couldn't agree more, Im here for a modern girl selling item to medieval people, not for cgi goblins.
Mar 18, 2023 11:55 PM

Dec 2016
Mom, can we get Gate?

We have GATE at home.

"The Gate at home"
Mar 19, 2023 12:25 AM

May 2015
Mitsuha sure knows how to pick them! If I got Isekai'd I'd be in too much awe to fight effectively against fantasy creatures. But the Wolf's Fang group is not me and they have guts! Excellent performance from them this episode. Hopefully they can take down the surprise dragon boss fight
Mar 19, 2023 12:35 AM

Jan 2015
Man, absolutely hated the previous episode and this episode. Why did they have to go this invasion direction? Then some things made no sense, like

Goblins moving at a snail's pace with a static face? And the military guy is shooting them while standing still???? What is this stationary stand off.

Mitsuha in that weird outfit giving an encouragement speech to 60 grown up military men. Imagine you are a military man standing still with utter obedience infront of a little girl in your eyes. Where's the logic? I know she is a client, but wouldnt it make more sense that Mizuha can only communicate with their leader and the leader communicates with his squad as he is the only one they'd listen?

How does Mitsuha teleport the whole squad without touching them? I thought the basic of all teleportation is that you need to touch someone to bring them with you. Makes no sense.

Other things made sense but were terrible. Sorry for the rant, but I really very passionately hate this arc and now anime with passion. This arc totally ruined the story for me, there is no saving it now, unless everyone suddenly forgets everything. 

Now there is a final battle with dragon next episode, knowing from Average girl with average ability anime (same author), the dragon in the next episode would be a complete joke and be utterly obliterated in the lamest way possible, probably a rocket...
Mar 19, 2023 1:17 AM
Jun 2017
Just amazing, the way Mitsuha knew exactly what to bullshit to psychologically f*** up the enemy army was just marvelous
Mar 19, 2023 1:42 AM

Jan 2023
Well, mercenaries from the modern world facing monsters and fantasy world army, that was original for sure, but I liked it.
I also thought Mitsuha looked pretty cool/cute in that dress, and these motivational speeches she took from some random place made me laugh so much.
Mar 19, 2023 3:24 AM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby anime gods you pray too, this eps got wild and the shit is hitting is hitting the fan and people keep throwing shit at it. Next eprs pls!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 19, 2023 4:09 AM
Jul 2022
The graphics isn't good in combat
I hope are good in next episode 😑
Mar 19, 2023 5:16 AM

Dec 2008
Jackson1333 said:

I agree with you, there was a certain something about it, but the contrived battle is somewhat of a let down. However, I did enjoy it, they just need to lay on more Brownings some rocket launchers. Just wondering why she doesnt just transport the bad guys into the closest ocean seeing as she can move mercenaries around. 
May the Uguu be with you.

Mar 19, 2023 7:18 AM

Jun 2010
This arc just makes me miss GATE so much. 

Mar 19, 2023 7:38 AM
Dec 2021
On the next episode of GATE lol I love it
Mar 19, 2023 11:35 AM
Mar 2021
d-dragon!? can they win against it?
Mar 19, 2023 12:26 PM

Sep 2020
Pretty great episode, now they'll try to fight te dragon, maybe try using a cannon?
Mar 19, 2023 12:30 PM

Apr 2015
with each episode this anime keeps on getting dumber and dumber.
Mar 19, 2023 9:35 PM

May 2019
Yeah this episode was pretty silly/ridiculous, I did laugh a bit though such as when the king stared in awe at all of the humvees lined up when Mitusha teleported back to the courtyard. The battle did go as I expected where it was no contest. I'm thinking the dragon will take a shot with an RPG or tank to either bring it down or run away and the kingdom will be saved.
Mar 19, 2023 10:47 PM

Feb 2016
This episode was really cool, I cannot stop thinking about GATE, I loved that anime so this was great for me.

I'm actually sad that there is only 1 episode left 😭 and this kind of series almost never have more than 1 season because they don't sell very well.

Mitsuha dressed like that looks so beautiful I wanna cry, I love her ❤️
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Mar 20, 2023 4:14 AM
Oct 2021
This got me missing Gate... I wish that anime kept going.
Mar 20, 2023 4:24 AM

Mar 2013
To be honest, Mistuha's outfit made her more lovely than ever! She's so adorable and lovely!!! 🥰🥰🥰

I don't know if the subtitles have the wrong translation but I read that those mercenaries are gonna get paid with 40K gold coins... lol
The battle went easy mode with their high-tech equipment vs the medieval fantasy people with monsters. I was really worried and wondered if that 40K gold is a worthy expenditure for an easy mode like that and just when I was thinking of the payment, a dragon appeared. Meh, still not worth 40K gold. lmao

I need more lovely Mitsuha!!! 😍😍😍
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 20, 2023 11:27 PM
Oct 2019
Let's go Pew Pew Pew!!

Love Mitsuha outfit, beautiful and also scary.

I feel bad for the enemy actually, all the planning and budgeting for years got destroyed immediately. lol

No need to think too deep about this Anime, it's about the entertainment value.
Mar 21, 2023 8:39 AM

Aug 2019
This was a pretty good episode, although it did feel just a bit too over the top in some parts lol but to be fair that's the point so it's all good

I definitely have to check out GATE at some point though! A lot people seem to think this is similar to that
Mar 22, 2023 6:15 PM
Jul 2018
Lol @ Mitsuha weaponizing fireworks against the goblins. And she can sure give a rousing speech. Gotta love her resourcefulness and leadership capabilities! Mitsuha is the definition of a girlboss
Mar 23, 2023 10:13 AM

Oct 2008
This is the most epic episode of this show! now how are they gonna deal with a dragon!?!? i'm excited to see if Mitsuha planned ahead of that but judging from her expression it seems like she didn't expect that kind of opponent huh...let's see!
5/5.
matias067Mar 23, 2023 10:24 AM

Mar 24, 2023 6:36 AM

May 2014
When I turn off my brain and get a beer, this show is actually quite entertaining. Especially the last two episodes. Like a lot of people mentioned, Gate vibes are strong in this one.
I can bet those merceneries always wanted to be led into battle by a cute anime girl. If I was in there place I know I would. Especially the princess of thunder herself.

If you enjoyed the last two episodes and don't know what Gate is. Well its not a coincidence everyone is mentioning it. Highly recommend checking it out aswell.
Mar 24, 2023 3:34 PM

Jan 2023
Um this is a really great episode, but still, feels weird.

Princess of Thunder was so scary and all, but can she defeat the big dragon?
Mar 25, 2023 2:49 PM
Feb 2016
Guao, me gusta mucho este anime. Quisiera que una editroial española licencie la novela liegera.

Mar 25, 2023 10:52 PM

Nov 2021
ITS THE ENDERDRAGON! I hope wolf fang has diamond armor & swords in their inventory RN

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

94 by CorvidMonarch »»
Jul 18, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

85 by Kuroko12rt »»
Jul 10, 4:24 AM

» Use of her power in fights

JTK45 - Aug 12, 2023

12 by ariel_nugie »»
May 11, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2023

56 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Mar 4, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Rougo ni Sonaete Isekai de 8-manmai no Kinka wo Tamemasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2023

62 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 12, 9:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.